Seriously **** August

Gemini888

Maybe. But, with my ascendant in Taurus, all those planets in Leo are squaring it. Uranus is also in my first house, dunno if its conjunct my ascendant yet.

Guess its a matter of perspective.

If only the Asc is involved, then that won't be enough to make you depressed, especially if you already hold a positive perspective :biggrin:

I realize that the Leo people I meet irl are divided into two extremes: the egotistical tyrants and the warm friends. Leo is really like the Sun. When they are here to warm us and shine our way they are wonderful, and when they are to cause a drought it's horrible.

Osamenor

Staff member
Maybe. But, with my ascendant in Taurus, all those planets in Leo are squaring it. Uranus is also in my first house, dunno if its conjunct my ascendant yet.

Guess its a matter of perspective.

Uranus transits are always a matter of perspective, I'd say.

I don't find them bad at all. But people who don't relate well to Uranus and only notice it when they're having a transit tend to be thrown for a loop. They're the ones who don't handle the unexpected or out of the ordinary so well, are more set on being conventional. That's usually not who takes an interest in astrology.

Blaze

Account Closed
If only the Asc is involved, then that won't be enough to make you depressed, especially if you already hold a positive perspective :biggrin:

I realize that the Leo people I meet irl are divided into two extremes: the egotistical tyrants and the warm friends. Leo is really like the Sun. When they are here to warm us and shine our way they are wonderful, and when they are to cause a drought it's horrible.

Not just Ascendant and Moon, South Node as well, which squares ascendant in my natal. All these Leo planets are also opposite my North node.

Add in Pluto in the 7th getting squared by them as well and we get a grand cross. Should have all kinds of a nightmarish situations at the moment. :tongue:

Think Osa got it right down here,

VVV

Uranus transits are always a matter of perspective, I'd say.

I don't find them bad at all. But people who don't relate well to Uranus and only notice it when they're having a transit tend to be thrown for a loop. They're the ones who don't handle the unexpected or out of the ordinary so well, are more set on being conventional. That's usually not who takes an interest in astrology.

That could actually hold some weight. Uranus trines ascendant in my natal, Cap Uranus, so perhaps I'm "used" to the energy.

"Whatever happens, happens" is my motto after all.

The19thLaw

Uranus is at 6 degrees Taurus right now, which makes it square everything in early Leo. If you have any placements in the first third of a fixed sign (Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, or Taurus), that Uranus square is touching them, along with everything going through Leo right now. Things are probably not going to happen exactly as planned.

Did some reading on to this, is it like this for the next 5 months or quite some time?

Got a WHOLE lot of fixed signs in my chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
Did some reading on to this, is it like this for the next 5 months or quite some time?

Got a WHOLE lot of fixed signs in my chart.

Any Uranus transit stays in orb for at least a year. If you have planets spread out over fixed signs--for example, suppose you have a stellium between 3 and 20 degrees of a fixed sign, or placements in multiple fixed signs that span those degrees--Uranus is going to be touching them for anywhere from the next two years to the next 6-7 years, depending on how spread out they are.

Uranus transits are a time to expect the unexpected. Which could be fortunate, or not. If you've been having a lot of the unfortunate kind of unexpected, I think it's probably one of two things: either you're so wedded to your expectations of how things will turn out that you take every instance when something doesn't go as planned as a serious disappointment, whether or not it really is a setback, or you've been experiencing a lot of genuine setbacks. If it's the second case, it's probably not just Uranus. I'd check for what Saturn's been doing in your chart, and Mars.

If this is something that was happening for the first part of August in particular, I'd really pay attention to what was happening for you regarding Mars. Where was Mars transiting your chart then? Mars transits are in orb for about a week or two, usually, which fits the time frame if this experience was particular to the first part of August.

The19thLaw

So my mars is sextile my sun and trine my moon. Square with ascendant and conjunct midheaven in my natal chart.

Saturn oppose a lot of inner planets in my chart.

Saturn is in Aquarius and Mars is in Gemini.

Looks like I am looking at a miserable life in these years.

Osamenor

Staff member
So my mars is sextile my sun and trine my moon. Square with ascendant and conjunct midheaven in my natal chart.
Are you describing your natal Mars, or your current Mars transits?

I was talking about Mars transits. If you have Mars in Gemini, none of the slow moving planets are touching it right now, except maybe Jupiter--depending on what degree of Gemini your Mars is at, Jupiter could be in opposition to it--but Jupiter transits tend to lighten things, even if they're hard angle ones. But if transiting Mars was touching a sensitive point in your chart the first couple weeks of August, that could've stirred things up for you, which might manifest as grumpiness and frustration. Mars was in late Leo then, so if you have anything in late Leo, or the last third of any other fixed sign, that could be it.

Mars is now in early Virgo. If you have any early mutable sign placements, Mars could be touching them now. But Mars transits are pretty fast. You would only feel it for a week or so (only time it would be longer is if you have multiple planets in a row for Mars to touch). If you've seen any change in mood--your own or other people's--since you started this thread, I would expect this to be a Mars issue.

Saturn oppose a lot of inner planets in my chart.

Saturn is in Aquarius and Mars is in Gemini.

Looks like I am looking at a miserable life in these years.

I wouldn't blame Uranus if you do have a miserable life. Neither would I take a miserable life to be fate.

What stands out for me is, if your natal Saturn is in Aquarius, that means your Saturn return will come sometime during the Uranus in Taurus years. Depending on what degree of Aquarius you have Saturn at, it may or may not coincide exactly with a square from Uranus to Saturn--which would actually turn the Saturn opposition you have into a t-square.

It sounds like you have lots of fixed sign placements in your chart. In general, fixed sign energy is stable and doesn't accept change easily--unless the change comes from within. Uranus is all about change, the unexpected, but at its best, Uranus is all about change from within.

I would expect that, when both Saturn and Uranus are up for you, you'll need a lot of personal space. Both of those planets call for that. Saturn's way is solitude, being a hermit. Uranus's way is simply to take up a lot of space. Maybe you'll need a lot of personal space because you're going through some sort of change and need the space to process it. If you don't allow yourself that personal space, you probably will be miserable. If you do, it's likely to work out better.

What's your relationship to unexpected events? Do you tend to get thrown for a loop if things don't go as planned? Or do you see them as a golden opportunity? Some of both? Which would you say your overall approach is?

For that matter, I might be barking up the wrong tree here. I thought of Uranus because you grumbled about "Everything falling through the cracks, not materializing." But, that might have been happening for other reasons entirely. If you don't mind sharing, what was not materializing that you were expecting? Has that improved any since Virgo season started?

The19thLaw

So last year I got fired and bounced back fine even though I was blind-sided by the firing. When I said falling through the cracks I was talking about things being slow at work, me not getting any dates from dating apps like I usually do, friends who I was supposed to room with not being able to room with me due to circumstances so I am stuck at my current apartment, and everything being stuck.

Thankfully I have somewhat more job stability but still so up much in the air in terms of living situation here.

Osamenor

Staff member
So last year I got fired and bounced back fine even though I was blind-sided by the firing. When I said falling through the cracks I was talking about things being slow at work, me not getting any dates from dating apps like I usually do, friends who I was supposed to room with not being able to room with me due to circumstances so I am stuck at my current apartment, and everything being stuck.

Thankfully I have somewhat more job stability but still so up much in the air in terms of living situation here.

The recent stuff doesn't sound very Uranian to me. Uranus would be sudden, out of the blue events. Like your firing that blindsided you.

I'd be curious what's going on with your MC/IC axis right now, in progressions as well as transits. And maybe in your most recent solar return (or the one before the firing, if it happened before your most recent solar return). I believe you mentioned in another thread that you've also moved within the last year? Was the move to take a new job, or did you take the job you have now because you'd moved? That kind of thing tends to happen when you've got your MC/IC axis highlighted. Changes in both career and home.

The19thLaw

The recent stuff doesn't sound very Uranian to me. Uranus would be sudden, out of the blue events. Like your firing that blindsided you.

I'd be curious what's going on with your MC/IC axis right now, in progressions as well as transits. And maybe in your most recent solar return (or the one before the firing, if it happened before your most recent solar return). I believe you mentioned in another thread that you've also moved within the last year? Was the move to take a new job, or did you take the job you have now because you'd moved? That kind of thing tends to happen when you've got your MC/IC axis highlighted. Changes in both career and home.

I moved because I wanted to be in a city I would actually like. MC is in Taurus and as for IC I think that is in Scorpio

Osamenor

Staff member
I moved because I wanted to be in a city I would actually like. MC is in Taurus and as for IC I think that is in Scorpio

IC is always opposite MC. So if your MC is in Taurus, your IC is definitely Scorpio.

If they're in early Taurus and Scorpio, Uranus would be transiting your MC now and opposing your IC. If they're later in the signs, Uranus wouldn't be there yet, but you might have your progressed MC/IC reaching a natal planet, and/or a progressed planet coming to your MC or IC. That's another way to trigger the MC/IC.