Meaning of minimal aspects?

LovelyMissAries

I'm so glad I have this site to turn to because sometimes finding the right answers to my questions is so difficult on Google. Now...

What does it mean if a planet is relatively unaspected to the rest of the chart? Is it stronger?

I'm aware of singleton planets like having only one planet in a certain element, would minimally aspected planets act the same way?

HYS

Depends on what planet is unaspected. At least in my opinion. Planets have psychology, so Venus is a planet that is a lot about relationships, without aspects to other planets Venus doesn't have relationships and this side of her is debiliated. Jupiter and Moon even more. Mars and Saturn on the contrary don't care much for contacts. If Mars has to many relationships to other planets he can not act for himself. Acting on his own is however his primary function. In my opinion Mars is somewhat debiliated with many aspects, he is good with one or two aspects to the personal planets, but not too much.

Lykanized

Depends on what planet is unaspected. At least in my opinion. Planets have psychology, so Venus is a planet that is a lot about relationships, without aspects to other planets Venus doesn't have relationships and this side of her is debiliated. Jupiter and Moon even more. Mars and Saturn on the contrary don't care much for contacts. If Mars has to many relationships to other planets he can not act for himself. Acting on his own is however his primary function. In my opinion Mars is somewhat debiliated with many aspects, he is good with one or two aspects to the personal planets, but not too much.

What if Mars has a lot of aspects to outer planets as well as inner? Mine has major aspects to my moon, Venus, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. I had no idea that that could actually lead to debilitation. The inner planet aspects are hard except for Mercury, but the outer ones are easy..., but if my mars has that many aspects, can you explicate on possible implications?

Last edited:

katydid

I'm so glad I have this site to turn to because sometimes finding the right answers to my questions is so difficult on Google. Now...

What does it mean if a planet is relatively unaspected to the rest of the chart? Is it stronger?

I'm aware of singleton planets like having only one planet in a certain element, would minimally aspected planets act the same way?

'Relatively unaspected' is such a vague or general description because it can mean very different situations.

It might mean that one's Moon only has a couple of minor aspects, and nothing else. Like maybe a sesquiquadrate to Venus and a semisextile to Neptune.

OR it could mean that the Moon only makes one aspect, a tight square to Mars in Aries.

Both of these ^^^ situations would be 'relatively unaspected' Moons but would have very different results.

In the first one, the Moon may not be very affected by those aspects.

In the 2nd example, the Moon would be highly affected by the square because it is the only aspect and it is a major one.

If instead of being relatively unaspected, the Moon was squaring Mars in Aries, but also sextiling Venus in Pisces and trining Saturn in Taurus, then that square to Mars would be somewhat mitigated.

LovelyMissAries

'Relatively unaspected' is such a vague or general description because it can mean very different situations.

True, and now that I looked at it again the Moon makes two strong aspects I think, a seperating sextile to Mercury and then an applying square to Jupiter all within 3 orbs.

Strongest aspect the Sun makes is a separating trine to True Node

And Mercury is separating conj. from Pluto in Scorpio.

Their heaviest aspected planet is Venus.

It just looks so weird, it makes me wonder if this gives someone a more feminine or receptive disposition because you don't have much pronouncing their confidence etc. (Sun), emotions (Moon), or communication style

LovelyMissAries

Agree about the psychology, in this chart it's Sun, Moon, and Mercury who have one or two strong aspects and nothing else. Moon is most aspected to other planets in the chart out of the three. It's so weird and different from my own that I wondered how a planet could express itself if not aspected as heavy.

katydid

Agree about the psychology, in this chart it's Sun, Moon, and Mercury who have one or two strong aspects and nothing else. Moon is most aspected to other planets in the chart out of the three. It's so weird and different from my own that I wondered how a planet could express itself if not aspected as heavy.

A planet often expresses itself intensely and narrowly if there are only one or 2 aspects to it.

The Moon you described, with a separating sextile and then an applying square to Jupiter ---it means that Jupiter could be a powerful influence but somewhat overblown and exaggerated emotionally.

I have seen Moon square Jupiter as being a strong indicator of impulsive, irrational reactive behavior in many natives. The square to Jupiter makes one feel entitled to feel whatever they want and go after their 'desires' even if it is an emotional over reaction and a poor decision, over all.

It can create spontaneous reactions which are vindictive or just silly, which create a back lash that they will suffer from. Like talking back to a boss over petty details and then getting fired for it, etc.

But much depends upon the sign and house placements. If cardinal and angular, one may see it occur. If mutable and cadent, it might be more hidden and create inner turmoil/resentment and anxiety from not being released/expressed.

Last edited:

HYS

What if Mars has a lot of aspects to outer planets as well as inner? Mine has major aspects to my moon, Venus, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. I had no idea that that could actually lead to debilitation. The inner planet aspects are hard except for Mercury, but the outer ones are easy..., but if my mars has that many aspects, can you explicate on possible implications?

The implications depend on the overall picture. Mars owns a energy that is supposed to work like a spear: quick, forcefull, directly and therefore best if concentrated on one place (that is why he is exalted in Capricorn). Having too many aspects is scattering his energy and that is decreasing the gains from activity.

Aspects to outer planets are usually good for the outers and not so good for the inners. Such contacts allow for the chaotic energies of the outer planets to become attached to something people can actually cope with. Too much outer planet influence on the inners makes a person too "special".

Last edited:

Lykanized

The implications depend on the overall picture. Mars owns a energy that is supposed to work like a spear: quick, forcefull, directly and therefore best if concentrated on one place (that is why he is exalted in Capricorn). Having too many aspects is scattering his energy and that is decreasing the gains from activity.

Aspects to outer planets are usually good for the outers and not so good for the inners. Such contacts allow for the chaotic energies of the outer planets to become attached to something people can actually cope with. Too much outer planet influence on the inners makes a person too "special".
What do you mean by "special"?
Lol, I have to ask because I think my outer planets have a strong influence on my inner planets, partciularly Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune. I can take whatever special may mean. I'm looking to gain more insight as much as I can on my own chart. Not to hijack the thread. Hopefully this interaction helps others too

PS I deleted a bunch of **** so if you read it, I apologize. I had misunderstood what you wrote

Last edited: