Is there attraction

The_Sundance_Kid

Hi all - I'm not asking about whether we will be a couple or not, I am just asking whether our friendship is in fact a friendship or whether there is an underlying attraction / romantic relationship. He is my best friend and is in a committed relationship with someone else. But I feel that all of our interactions are romantic, even when we try not to be. And I feel that other people see this more clearly than we do. Other people joke about us being a couple all the time and I feel he has never introduced me to his other half for this reason even though I have tried to instigate dinners etc that are not just the two of us.

I cast this chart originally in a whole sign / house chart but the more I read around the forums the more I thought it better to post in regiomontanus. I can post the whole sign chart too if people would like - I think it is more interesting.

This is my 5th or 6th relationship horary so I'm starting to get the hang of it but I still get confused by prohibition / abscission / translation and am very slow to grasp minor dignities and debilities.

As the question relates to attraction but he is not my partner, I see this as a 5th house matter. This means my significator and his are the same planet, Mars. Mars is in Scorpio, the sign it rules, and is the ruler of the water triplicity, as well as being angular. The moon is also conjunct the descendant, and has "face".

From my perspective I am thinking about what I ought to do and I wonder about him as a partner (Mars in 1st/ Moon on DC). I am also getting ready to change something (Mars near end of sign).

He may be in a bad place or in some form of distress as Mars is in his 8th house. He may also be worried about finances or values as the moon is in his second house. His other half is signified by Venus, as the ruler of the 11th. The moon is in an applying square to Venus. Does Mercury "translate" the light of Venus to a square with Mars? And what would that even mean with when Mars is L1 and L5?

Saturn retrograde in the 1st and ruling the 3rd, with an intercepted Aquarius in the 3rd, suggests that this is a difficult thing for us to talk about (which is very true).

I am also struck by the moon being 3 minutes away from an exact trine to the North Node, by the fact that the Asc matches my natal Asc to the minute and the fact that Saturn is, to the minute, conjunct my natal Saturn (i.e. this question about structuring one of the most important relationships in my life hit me exactly on my Saturn return). I think none of these observations is that relevant from a classical horary perspective but they are insightful if you adopt a more modern approach. I have also heard others refer to nodal contacts only within very tight orbs. In this instance the node is also angular.

Would you leave it at this - that there is attraction as the significator for both of us is Mars, that Mars is strong, and that this causes me to think about a relationship but causes him distress, and we are unable to discuss this? Additionally the "actions" in our relationship / friendship clash with his other half (Moon squaring Venus). If that is it, that at least gives me an answer that at present we need to recognise that we are on the wrong side of the friendship boundary and it is something we need to talk about (unless Saturn is stating that we shouldn't talk about it :O).

Or would you use an additional significator for him (the moon? the sun as he is a man? Venus if you view this as a 7th house matter?)

Attachments

• Another Horary Regiomontanus.jpg
    Another Horary Regiomontanus.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 52

Sunrise

Hi all - I'm not asking about whether we will be a couple or not, I am just asking whether our friendship is in fact a friendship or whether there is an underlying attraction / romantic relationship. He is my best friend and is in a committed relationship with someone else. But I feel that all of our interactions are romantic, even when we try not to be. And I feel that other people see this more clearly than we do. Other people joke about us being a couple all the time and I feel he has never introduced me to his other half for this reason even though I have tried to instigate dinners etc that are not just the two of us.

I cast this chart originally in a whole sign / house chart but the more I read around the forums the more I thought it better to post in regiomontanus. I can post the whole sign chart too if people would like - I think it is more interesting.

This is my 5th or 6th relationship horary so I'm starting to get the hang of it but I still get confused by prohibition / abscission / translation and am very slow to grasp minor dignities and debilities.

As the question relates to attraction but he is not my partner, I see this as a 5th house matter. This means my significator and his are the same planet, Mars. Mars is in Scorpio, the sign it rules, and is the ruler of the water triplicity, as well as being angular. The moon is also conjunct the descendant, and has "face".

From my perspective I am thinking about what I ought to do and I wonder about him as a partner (Mars in 1st/ Moon on DC). I am also getting ready to change something (Mars near end of sign).

He may be in a bad place or in some form of distress as Mars is in his 8th house. He may also be worried about finances or values as the moon is in his second house. His other half is signified by Venus, as the ruler of the 11th. The moon is in an applying square to Venus. Does Mercury "translate" the light of Venus to a square with Mars? And what would that even mean with when Mars is L1 and L5?

Saturn retrograde in the 1st and ruling the 3rd, with an intercepted Aquarius in the 3rd, suggests that this is a difficult thing for us to talk about (which is very true).

I am also struck by the moon being 3 minutes away from an exact trine to the North Node, by the fact that the Asc matches my natal Asc to the minute and the fact that Saturn is, to the minute, conjunct my natal Saturn (i.e. this question about structuring one of the most important relationships in my life hit me exactly on my Saturn return). I think none of these observations is that relevant from a classical horary perspective but they are insightful if you adopt a more modern approach. I have also heard others refer to nodal contacts only within very tight orbs. In this instance the node is also angular.

Would you leave it at this - that there is attraction as the significator for both of us is Mars, that Mars is strong, and that this causes me to think about a relationship but causes him distress, and we are unable to discuss this? Additionally the "actions" in our relationship / friendship clash with his other half (Moon squaring Venus). If that is it, that at least gives me an answer that at present we need to recognise that we are on the wrong side of the friendship boundary and it is something we need to talk about (unless Saturn is stating that we shouldn't talk about it :O).

Or would you use an additional significator for him (the moon? the sun as he is a man? Venus if you view this as a 7th house matter?)

my thoughts:
dear I think from his point of view there is not much interest. Chart shows me that you are interested more. He is not. :mars: (you) will soon make a square with Mercury. Difficulty communicating
where is Mars (you) is in the fall of Venus and fall of the Moon and Venus nowhere sees Mars - suggesting a big problem ....

The Moon in her exalation, is the detriment of Mars (shows us that you are not good about yourself and your feelings) will square with Venus (conflicts and disappointment)
In the future Mars and changing the sign will meet Saturn where I will be there all over it.

The_Sundance_Kid

Hi Sunrise - thanks for taking a look. I'm not sure I follow your interpretation - for instance why is Venus relevant? Do you see it as a significator of the quesited? If so how do you pick Venus when it is a 5th house question? I also didn't think it was necessary for the moon to receive the significators - if it does this is a secondary supportive measure.

If anything the Taurus moon / Scorpio Mars to me reflects a divided mind. One where the querent is very independent but the heart of the matter is still very much tied to the quesited.

I like that you also pick up on the communication theme - do you read this as encouraging better communication or encouraging more silence as it is likely we will talk at cross purposes?

StillOne

Hi Sundance,

I'm very new to Horary and don't know much but I can see what sunrise is talking about. Moon, the co-significator, is applying to Venus. Venus, in this case, most likely represents someone else as it's making aspect there next. I'm unclear if the square aspect is beneficial or detrimental to you in this chart. I would surmise that the square is detrimental to you since this is your chart. I'm wondering if it means another woman since it's Venus.

Venus rules houses 3, 11 and 12.

To me, it doesn't look favorable either. Then again, I'm no horary expert but felt like commenting hoping to learn more.

Subscribed :joyful:

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi Sunrise - thanks for taking a look. I'm not sure I follow your interpretation - for instance why is Venus relevant? Do you see it as a significator of the quesited? If so how do you pick Venus when it is a 5th house question?

Whether or not you are looking to become a couple, it's not a 5th house question. It's a 7th house question.

Scoff

Banned
You're a chick, you will eventually fall for the guy despite being friends if it goes on long enough

Cuz y'all some emotional creatahhhss ;)

BTW look at your moon and Venus to see how your attraction is on a friendly, intuitive level. I'm willing to bet you two will get together