Can you guess what her job is?

Cascada

ognjenka, you're on the right track with the 6th house connection as her job is an everyday/ordinary job. 6th connection shows a routine job, 6th house ruler in 2nd shows she makes money through it (obviously). Venus is definitely connected, so think venusian. 2nd house leads us to the 11th where it shows us that money making is dependant on other people. Ruler of 2nd conjunct 9th/10th ruler links higher learning and career. Then 11th house ruler brings us back to the 6th (at least i think it does, trying to remember it off by heart as i'm on my phone). Also, her job is more earth like than it is water (astrology-wise),i think this is shown by the planets in her 2nd (natural house of taurus). Massage therapist is a little closer, you're on the right track there. Definitely not in the care professions. When i said most people go to people like her once a month ish, i meant people in general, on average she'll see around 5-10 people a day, maybe more. And these are people of all ages.

Cypocryphy

:whistling: This feel's like a riddle with a lot of innuendo. "Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one, Michael j fox has a small one; Madonna doesn't have one; the pope has one but he never uses it, Bill Clinton Has one and he uses it all the time! What is it?..." :lol:

BTW: The answer is "surname."

Moog

Moog- how did you come to that?

Well, I had quite a few clues from earlier posts.

I *was* thinking beautician, but I think Mars is more important than we might think. Mars is the atmakaraka and vargottama. Mars relates to cutting, afaic

The system I'm currently learning puts a lot of emphasis on atmakaraka for determining career.

Look at that opposition between Mars and the 10th lord, Saturn. Totally involved.

2nd house relates to face and hair in the Vedic material I've ingested.

10th lord with 2nd lord.

Saturn to me is symbolic of organizing principles; taming; reducing; neatening, straightening etc... with Mars involved; with sharp implements

Some thoughts

Cascada

Well, I had quite a few clues from earlier posts.

I *was* thinking beautician, but I think Mars is more important than we might think. Mars is the atmakaraka and vargottama. Mars relates to cutting, afaic

The system I'm currently learning puts a lot of emphasis on atmakaraka for determining career.

Look at that opposition between Mars and the 10th lord, Saturn. Totally involved.

2nd house relates to face and hair in the Vedic material I've ingested.

10th lord with 2nd lord.

Saturn to me is symbolic of organizing principles; taming; reducing; neatening, straightening etc... with Mars involved; with sharp implements

Some thoughts

Did I give it away :tongue:?

She's actually a beautician and a hairdresser, so you would've been right if you went with your initial thought too :joyful:

Cypocryphy

Did I give it away :tongue:?

I think it was just through the process of elimination. I was thrown off because of the "higher education" clue. I assumed it was university based.

I think it is very hard to predict "exactly" what someone does. I think there will be elements of a general inclination that can be discerned, such as a person's particular temperament and general area of work in which he or she will be happiest. But when it comes to, say, something along the lines of "you'll be an electrical engineer" or "you are a fighter pilot," it is almost impossible to do just based on a chart.

Aslo, I think someone is not "born" to do something specific. It is too limiting for the innate versatility that we all have.

Anyway, this was fun. Thanks for making the thread!

Cascada

I think it was just through the process of elimination. I was thrown off because of the "higher education" clue. I assumed it was university based.

I think it is very hard to predict "exactly" what someone does. I think there will be elements of a general inclination that can be discerned, such as a person's particular temperament and general area of work in which he or she will be happiest. But when it comes to, say, something along the lines of "you'll be an electrical engineer" or "you are a fighter pilot," it is almost impossible to do just based on a chart.

Aslo, I think someone is not "born" to do something specific. It is too limiting for the innate versatility that we all have.

Anyway, this was fun. Thanks for making the thread!

She did go through higher education to do what she's doing though :joyful: I guess a lot of people wouldn't think so, but from what she's told me salons are quite fussy about who they hire these days.

I felt like you were getting close at some points though. I think you did get a grasp of something with the creativity points you made. Like (I think) I mentioned, she is artistically talented. Who knows, she may develop further into that. She's still really young.

Cypocryphy

She did go through higher education to do what she's doing though :joyful: I guess a lot of people wouldn't think so, but from what she's told me salons are quite fussy about who they hire these days.

Yeah. That's what I get with my assumptions! I thought everyone gets a $5 haircut like myself :lol: But with some of the high end places, I'm sure it's very competitive. And she's a beautician. Pretty cool. I definitely makes sense, from what you said. You did say it would be obvious once we knew what it is. :tongue:

I felt like you were getting close at some points though. I think you did get a grasp of something with the creativity points you made. Like (I think) I mentioned, she is artistically talented. Who knows, she may develop further into that. She's still really young.

Yeah. From what you said, it seems that her whole family is very musical. I bet she probably will give it a go. *shrug* Who knows. I think everyone should use their gifts of spirit, and if she can do that, it would probably bring a lot of joy in her life. :smile:

kimbermoon

Hey Cascada...thanks for this fun thread...I was going to give it a go, but now I see that the mystery has been revealed...very interesting, but doesn't it also reveal how different the interpretations might be from different people viewing the chart? Deciphering the career choices is more difficult than it seems at first glance; the variables are much too great.

Last edited:

JoFrance

I never would have guessed that. When I thought of higher education, I was thinking of a different type of career.

Yes, hairdressers have to have a license to practice so they do need higher education at a school of beauty culture. I do think she is actually in a caring profession because people tell all their problems to their hairdresser when they get their hair done. No one will go to you if you have the bedside manner of a wet noodle. :biggrin:

That was a fun exercise, Cascada. If one day your friend doesn't want to cut hair anymore, she has options.