Algol during 2022

leomoon

Algol influences is not the same every time, it changes a lot and every aspect can be influencing if connected to other points. During 2003 Algol made several aspects that weren't related to the North Node like 2022 and yet it was exactly during Iraq War. To understand it better the best thing to do is look how Algol moved that whole year, you can't find much by looking at conjunctions to the nodes alone. That's why I consider other aspects too, like trines, oppositions and sextiles.

Algol conjunct Uranus was a strong indicator, but if you look where it created aspects like trines it's obvious what it brought...even without knowing the history related to the WW2.

What you suggest then, is quite the opposite of all written information as to how to use fixed stars. Not that it's wrong, just goes against the grain of all I've ever read or studied
I've never heard of trines or squares or aspects other then the opp & conj. THAT doesn't mean you are incorrect, perhaps just ahead of your time?

I'll check further.

added: Seems I'm behind the times, is more like it: Here is an interesting Link - and thesis which seems to go along with your own.

https://timenomad.app/documentation/fixed-stars-in-astrological-chart.html

Last edited:

leomoon

I'm very happy we are having this discussion now, because I LOVE to learn "new" things too. Always stay opened is my motto! :wink: :innocent:

Time Nomad is someone I've never heard of before either - but the person has some good ideas, and uses Harmonics as well as traditional Astrology when speaking of the Fixed Stars:

Time Nomad

06 October 2021
I understand harmonics and think it’s a fascinating direction for research and new ideas. I’d recommend books of John Addey, for example, Harmonic Anthology. Don’t recall him mentioning fixed stars much. The main thing to remember with harmonics is that the higher number you go the more error you get – imprecision of birth time grows very fast as one approaches the 20th harmonic.
Technically speaking, nothing prevents us from applying harmonics to the stars. There may be some interesting results. That probably makes sense in cases of a star to planet conjunctions. Yet individual stars don’t really relate to the Zodiac signs the same way as the planets do, there’s always a risk of not getting meaningful information out of their harmonics.

I don't know this person or their background, but the subject is one I've studied for many years, so I'll be listening, with an opened mind. I'd suggest we all do the same! But personal discovery through your own Chart review, is always imo, the best way to accept or reject a theory

Last edited:

leomoon

That was the time of the attack. Yes, FDR claimed we were in a state of war from that moment, but the actual time was when the USA declared war on Japan, which was December 8. And Germany wasn’t declared war on until December 11. And it wasn’t in the middle of the night; it would have been in the morning of both days.

Perhaps since you have all the details can you post the charts for us???:innocent:

david starling

So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algo wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.

Witchyone

The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :

At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .

With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0file...n_shock_awe_attack_on_iraq_hp.71953.18371.pdf

So, are you saying Algol was or was not relevant?

Looking at this chart, I see no relevance with Algol. https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Iraq_War_(2003)

The start of WWII had some Saturn action near Algol, but I'm not sure I'd count it as being in orb. Perhaps.
https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/World_War_II

I have a feeling if one goes through the major wars, it's gonna be very spotty finding an Algol hit, although if you're willing to connect any planet or other entity and give it a wide orb, I guess you could get lucky. :wink:

leomoon

So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algol wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.

Algol is the "blinking star" or "winking"

Algol is a variable star , Algol is a known variable star, which waxes and wanes in brightness. The early stargazers surely knew about its changing brightness. This probably led them to name the strangely behaving star in a sky full of steadily shining stars for a mythological demon.

From Earth Sky:
https://earthsky.org/brightest-stars/algol-the-demon-star/

There are many variable stars known throughout the heavens, but Algol might well be the most famous of them all. The Demon Star brightens and dims with clockwork regularity, completing one cycle in two days, 20 hours, and 49 minutes. Plus, you can view its entire cycle with your eye alone.
Algol’s variation is easy to observe. At its brightest, Algol shines about three times more brightly than at its faintest. When it reaches maximum brilliance, Algol matches the brightness of the nearby second-magnitude star Almach. At minimum, Algol’s light output fades to that of the star Epsilon Persei.
Modern-day astronomy has unlocked the secret of Algol’s mood swings. It’s an eclipsing binary star. This kind of binary is composed of two stars, with each star revolving around the other. From Earth, we see the orbital plane of this binary star almost exactly edge-on. Therefore, when the dimmer of the two stars swings in front of the brighter star, we see Algol at minimum brightness.

leomoon

Looking at this chart, I see no relevance with Algol. https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Iraq_War_(2003)

The start of WWII had some Saturn action near Algol, but I'm not sure I'd count it as being in orb. Perhaps.

I have a feeling if one goes through the major wars, it's gonna be very spotty finding an Algol hit, although if you're willing to connect any planet or other entity and give it a wide orb, I guess you could get lucky. :wink:

Perhaps you missed when I said, "I remain open minded" about just using conjunctions and oppositions to the fixed stars. I also suggested others remain "open minded", as we all can learn new things that way. I also mentioned the Parans stars.

THAT would be my major thought of the day on Algol's use - to remain opened.

p.s. I also posted a new site I found called Time Nomad -I found very intriguing although haven't the time yet to really study it. .

psychoEclipse

I'm very happy we are having this discussion now, because I LOVE to learn "new" things too. Always stay opened is my motto! :wink: :innocent:

Time Nomad is someone I've never heard of before either - but the person has some good ideas, and uses Harmonics as well as traditional Astrology when speaking of the Fixed Stars:

Time Nomad

06 October 2021

I don't know this person or their background, but the subject is one I've studied for many years, so I'll be listening, with an opened mind. I'd suggest we all do the same! But personal discovery through your own Chart review, is always imo, the best way to accept or reject a theory

Actually, I use whatever aspects can be logically applied between two objects. I enjoy to interpret anything with my own ideas, not looking too much how others do such.

Example: for me the nodes have nothing to do with "karma" and similar beliefs; I see them as the fundament of your being, what you're and can do (South Node) and how life will change you, merging with other traits already there (North Node). Basically, the SN is what you already are and the NN is what life will make emerge from within.

Algol, for me, have just one word which can describe its nature entirely: IMPETUS.

Why? Well...because its a driving force, think about it. When you desire to afflict others, such desire becomes the driving force to violence. Intense feelings drives to passions and when a passion is very strong it drives to hysteria. A series of destructive events drives to a catastrophe. That's applies to anything about Algol, not just such concepts.

Witchyone

Perhaps you missed when I said, "I remain open minded" about just using conjunctions and oppositions to the fixed stars. I also suggested others remain "open minded", as we all can learn new things that way. I also mentioned the Parans stars.

THAT would be my major thought of the day on Algol's use - to remain opened.

p.s. I also posted a new site I found called Time Nomad -I found very intriguing although haven't the time yet to really study it. .

Let us know if you look into it more and find something interesting. I'm skeptical but interested in Algol things.

leomoon

Actually, I use whatever aspects can be logically applied between two objects. I enjoy to interpret anything with my own ideas, not looking too much how others do such.

Example: for me the nodes have nothing to do with "karma" and similar beliefs; I see them as the fundament of your being, what you're and can do (South Node) and how life will change you, merging with other traits already there (North Node). Basically, the SN is what you already are and the NN is what life will make emerge from within.

Algol, for me, have just one word which can describe its nature entirely: IMPETUS.

Why? Well...because its a driving force, think about it. When you desire to afflict others, such desire becomes the driving force to violence. Intense feelings drives to passions and when a passion is very strong it drives to hysteria. A series of destructive events drives to a catastrophe. That's applies to anything about Algol, not just such concepts.

I suppose the best way to describe myself, when it comes to Astrology, is an "opened minded Astrologer" almost to the max. I hate saying, Never" or Can't do".....although as you probably know, being around for many decades, you hear this more then you would like to hear it, therefore, one such as myself, might go back into my Cancer Rising or Gemini Rising and re-think everything to perhaps a new advantage for me.. :annoyed: It's called imo, growth in thought understanding we humans only have fundamental knowledge but certainly not complete knowledge on anything. :surprised:

Actually, my Parans stars(which we cannot detect visually), explains me quite well.

As for the NODES and "Fate", I've seen what I've seen and experienced watching Algol and the Nodes too, so as the old saying goes, "it's hard to unsee what you've seen". (also in transits)

psychoEclipse

If you don't consider it in orb it's your choice, as many doesn't uses asteroids or even "new" astrological objects like Pluto. Yet, I think that it's a better choice to consider anything that makes sense logically and try to find its meaning. That's what I do, obviously you can do the same or not...it's up to you.

So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algo wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.
Algol was FEARED.

Ancient cultures didn't limited such fear to battles; they thought that many astrological events would bring some kind of dangerous event. As I mentioned before, Egyptians feared it A LOT. Curious, if you think about it, since Egyptians always seemed a bit "out of time" for their period of history and many weird events surrounds them and other cultures, like Maya and Aztec.

Last edited:

Witchyone

If you don't consider it in orb it's your choice, as many doesn't uses asteroids or even "new" astrological objects like Pluto. Yet, I think that it's a better choice to consider anything that makes sense logically and try to find its meaning. That's what I do, obviously you can do the same or not...it's up to you.

Algol was FEARED.

Ancient cultures didn't limited such fear to battles; many beliefs thought that many astrological events would bring some kind of dangerous event. As I mentioned before, Egyptian feared it A LOT. Curious, if you think about it, since Egyptian always seemed a bit "out of time" for their period of history and many weird events surrounds them and other cultures like Maya and Aztec.

Well, first you'll need to explain how it makes logical sense. Algol was not conjunct anything significant on the day the Iraq War started. No planets, no nodes, no other points. So, if you're saying it impacted the start of the war, how did it do so? Was it in some other aspect to North Node, a planet, or something else? If so, which aspect? Can you show the chart? Once you do that, we can discuss how the aspect might be relevant to the Iraq War. Without it, I see no logical connection, no more reason to discuss Algol in relation to the Iraq War than any other star.

I sort of agree with your definition of the energy Algol represents, except I think it also changeable (taking into account the blinking) so not always impetus...sometimes the opposite of that.

psychoEclipse

I suppose the best way to describe myself, when it comes to Astrology, is an "opened minded Astrologer" almost to the max. I hate saying, Never" or Can't do".....although as you probably know, being around for many decades, you hear this more then you would like to hear it, therefore, one such as myself, might go back into my Cancer Rising or Gemini Rising and re-think everything to perhaps a new advantage for me.. :annoyed: It's called imo, growth in thought understanding we humans only have fundamental knowledge but certainly not complete knowledge on anything. :surprised:

Actually, my Parans stars(which we cannot detect visually), explains me quite well.

As for the NODES and "Fate", I've seen what I've seen and experienced watching Algol and the Nodes too, so as the old saying goes, "it's hard to unsee what you've seen". (also in transits)
Everything exists already, but I think that when you know the truth you can't escape from it. Madness is just the consequence of knowledge; there are some things that can't let you remain sane and those who fear such consequence will flee long before. That's why not everyone can bear knowledge and those who knows everything will seem insane to those who knows nothing.

Last edited:

psychoEclipse

Well, first you'll need to explain how it makes logical sense. Algol was not conjunct anything significant on the day the Iraq War started. No planets, no nodes, no other points. So, if you're saying it impacted the start of the war, how did it do so? Was it in some other aspect to North Node, a planet, or something else? If so, which aspect? Can you show the chart? Once you do that, we can discuss how the aspect might be relevant to the Iraq War. Without it, I see no logical connection, no more reason to discuss Algol in relation to the Iraq War than any other star.

I sort of agree with your definition of the energy Algol represents, except I think it also changeable (taking into account the blinking) so not always impetus...sometimes the opposite of that.
Maybe you should check twice before asking:

I think you forgot it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

The actual conjunction started around April 25th, during that time many events related to such war happened.
Ewl0tKJ.png

Anyway, Algol doesn't mean "a war will start" nor it's directly connected to it. Algol is a brutal force, it applies in many ways and NOT just physically but mentally too, as uncontrollable emotions. This chart is when Algol reached 0 degrees with the North Node, but it started to make various, influencing aspects long before.

If you consider conjunctions and nothing else then you're losing your time, because it's almost impossible without looking various aspects in the whole timeline. It's like pretending to know the story inside a book when you're willing to read just a few pages.

I'm not here to create a chart every time, you can do it by yourself HERE: https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?nhor=2&nho2=1

blackbery

I appreciate your comments psychoEclipse but it appears that some members refuse to accept astrology or even certain facts, no matter what you say or how many charts you post. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

An aspect with Algol last months just like a Lunar or Solar Eclipse but they are under the naive impression that if no planetary 'action' starts on this day or that day, then it doesn't have any influence.

The Star of Bethlehem, for instance, was the indicator to the 3 Magi to set forth to meet the 'King'. The conjunction didn't happen on one day, the day of his birth.

It's hard to believe that they don't know astrology basics yet argung with you who have the knowledge & have posted the charts. :tongue:

It's a good topic.

Maybe you should check twice before asking:

Anyway, Algol doesn't mean "a war will start" nor it's directly connected to it. Algol is a brutal force, it applies in many ways and NOT just physically but mentally too, as uncontrollable emotions. This chart is when Algol reached 0 degrees with the North Node, but it started to make various, influencing aspects long before.

If you consider conjunctions and nothing else then you're losing your time, because it's almost impossible without looking various aspects in the whole timeline. It's like pretending to know the story inside a book when you're willing to read just a few pages.

I'm not here to create a chart every time, you can do it by yourself HERE: https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?nhor=2&nho2=1

blackbery

Another one.

Nicole Simpson was almost decapitated with OJ cutting her throat so deeply.

Her :sun::conjunct: Algol exact in a near perfect :square::pluto:

She was very intuitive, part of the Algol creativity & told her family & friends that he was going to kill her one day & get away with it.
She was always deadly afraid of knives.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_nicole_brown_simpson_adb.2091.201801.jpg
    astro_2gw_nicole_brown_simpson_adb.2091.201801.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 25

david starling

All right,

Algol=fear

The response to fear varies, as does WHAT each individual is afraid of.

Not everyone responds to fear with violence. Some can face their fears and overcome them.

The fear that caused the Iraq War, that Saddam was insane and had weapons of mass destruction, turned out to be unfounded, and MANY were against that war.

blackbery

David, NO Algol doesn't equal fear, that is ruled by SATURN.

READ the Myths. It is both horrific & creative at the same time.

It CAN lead to war, beheadings, extreme violence, sickness AND it CAN lead to prolific outpouring of energy, creativity.

STUDY the various myths from Ancient Greece, Middle East, etc.

It's much more complicated than one thing or another.

david starling

David, NO Algol doesn't equal fear, that is ruled by SATURN.

READ the Myths. It is both horrific & creative at the same time.

It CAN lead to war, beheadings, extreme violence, sickness AND it CAN lead to prolific outpouring of energy, creativity.

STUDY the various myths from Ancient Greece, Middle East, etc.

It's much more complicated than one thing or another.

What DOES Algo equal?

And, can any predictions be made for mundane events in 2022 using Algol's inclusion in a mundane configuration?