Western chart vs Vedic natal chart

Tora

I am beginning to take a interest in Vedic astrology but I'm buffled.
When I created a Vedic natal chart, not only my Asc changed, Moon, Saturn, Mercury and Venus sign changed. Is this norm? :unsure:

Last edited:

Rawiri

Yes, that is normal.

Most "vedic" astrologers use sidereal zodiac, and most western use tropical (though not all - it's really more correct to say tropical vs sidereal chart)

Unless your planets or points are late degrees of the sign it is likely they will all shift back one.

david starling

Yes, that is normal.

Most "vedic" astrologers use sidereal zodiac, and most western use tropical (though not all - it's really more correct to say tropical vs sidereal chart)

Unless your planets or points are late degrees of the sign it is likely they will all shift back one.

The Moon appears to be a possible exception to the standard shift-back Ayansmsa degrees from Tropical. Is this correct?

Tora

My sun, moon and venus are all mid degrees between 14-18 and all shifted to the previous sign.

I think Western natal chart Asc describes more of my physical appearance than Vedic natal chart.

I am confused what I should tell my sun sign from now on. :unsure:

david starling

My Moon is also mid position in Tropical Aquarius. I was told that in Vedic, it was still in Aquarius. Which was because the Moon is tracked differently than the Sun and Planets. I read descriptions of a Vedic Moon in Capricorn, and that didn't fit me at all, but Vedic Moon in Aquarius fit perfectly.

david starling

My sun, moon and venus are all mid degrees between 14-18 and all shifted to the previous sign.

I think Western natal chart Asc describes more of my physical appearance than Vedic natal chart.

I am confused what I should tell my sun sign from now on. :unsure:

Think of it as a different angle of view, rather than that only one type of Astrology is the only one that works. But, once you've identified in one, it's usually difficult to change over and identify in another. Vedic is more complex than Tropical or Western Sidereal. Simply naming your Sun-sign differently would be inaccurate.

Tora

david,
Do you have any advice for someone who has almost all the malefic planets in the chart? What is the purpose of living such life where nothing can be accomplished? May be the purpose IS to live an evil life?

Sun is L8 (malefic) and with Saturn (malefic)

Moon is waning (malefic) and in malefic sign.

Mercury is debilitated.
Mars in fall.
Even benefic like Jupiter is L12 so that's malefic too.

muchacho

david,
Do you have any advice for someone who has almost all the malefic planets in the chart? What is the purpose of living such life where nothing can be accomplished? May be the purpose IS to live an evil life?

Sun is L8 (malefic) and with Saturn (malefic)

Moon is waning (malefic) and in malefic sign.

Mercury is debilitated.
Mars in fall.
Even benefic like Jupiter is L12 so that's malefic too.
It seems what you are doing here is just modern western astrology with a sidereal zodiac. That's not how vedic astrology works. Research shadbala, ashatakavarga and vargas for a start. If it's too overwhelming, then maybe begin with researching traditional western astrology first.