Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Bina

Some more interesting info on Algol:

http://livingmoonastrology.com/tag/algol/

"there is a real risk through the use of Fixed Stars to generate superstition and fears. The language and imagery that are associated with some of these asterisms are often dramatic and ominous. The same is true however of a lot of old fashion Astrology, with its accent on good and bad aspects, benefic and malefic Planets etc.
Algol-Medusa is a power Star and one that many can indeed wear as a badge of honour and charisma, and not a mark of doom or a sign of wickedness. It is described by modern astrologers Bernadette Brady and Diana Rosenberg as: feminine wisdom, creative power, consuming passion, intense sexuality; confrontation and then assimilation of the dark side of life and human nature."

Last edited:

dr. farr

I follow the (historically predominant) school of thought regarding the stars, that they influence by conjunction or parallel (of declination, or of latitude) only; however some believe that they can also act by opposition (for me, that's possible, but I have not thoroughly investigated this) Few accept that they influence by square, trine, or sextile, and personally I strongly doubt that they do so...

dr. farr

Some (such as Robson) would say so; however, for me, as per my present outlook on the matter of stellar aspects, NO, I would NOT take this into delineative consideration.

majjik

Hi everyone

I am fairly new to this forum...my experience with Algol that has drawn me to astrology...basically my late husband had Jupiter conjunct Algol (not sure of his time of birth...it didnt seem relevant till after he died)...after 17 yrs of marriage and 3 kids he violently decapitated himself by brutal hanging in front of my children. 3 years after he died I resumed a relationship with my first childhood sweetheart who'd been a lifelong friend of mine only to discover he has Algol conjunct Saturn/Asc!!! I seriously pursued astrology after these experiences as they both changed my life BIG TIME. Abella Arthur's Virgovault has an excellent article about Algol which explains its effects well. She describes the various symptoms of Algol and how to spot it in the individuals personality..Alcohol is a serious issue here (the word alcohol comes from Algol) and people with planets or angles here are said to literally "lose their minds" when under the influence.

Obviously both these men mentioned have other mitigating factors
in their charts but this is the major.

Algol frightens me as I now have 2 sons with this tendency in their
charts, not to mention the psychological effects of this type of
trauma

majjik

I would have Pluto conjunct Asc anyday over Algol...Pluto is fearless and offers the power to heal. Algol is mindless and leaves permanent scars wide open.

M

may28gemini

Hi everyone

I am fairly new to this forum...my experience with Algol that has drawn me to astrology...basically my late husband had Jupiter conjunct Algol (not sure of his time of birth...it didnt seem relevant till after he died)...after 17 yrs of marriage and 3 kids he violently decapitated himself by brutal hanging in front of my children. 3 years after he died I resumed a relationship with my first childhood sweetheart who'd been a lifelong friend of mine only to discover he has Algol conjunct Saturn/Asc!!! I seriously pursued astrology after these experiences as they both changed my life BIG TIME. Abella Arthur's Virgovault has an excellent article about Algol which explains its effects well. She describes the various symptoms of Algol and how to spot it in the individuals personality..Alcohol is a serious issue here (the word alcohol comes from Algol) and people with planets or angles here are said to literally "lose their minds" when under the influence.

Obviously both these men mentioned have other mitigating factors
in their charts but this is the major.

Algol frightens me as I now have 2 sons with this tendency in their
charts, not to mention the psychological effects of this type of
trauma

I've always wondered how others have handled Algol planets.

Well, first off, I have Pluto parallel AC/ in 1st house that forms an inconjunct aspect to my Algol Mars in 8th house. As for what could happen to me... that's to be seen. I have always felt like my death would be violent and sudden (long before I knew of astrology) and I've survived quite a lot of dangers. I like living "dangerously" and security actually makes me a bit nervous.

Ever since I was little, I've always been afraid of decapitation, strangulation, suffocation, getting my throat slit, losing my voice, etc. all manners to do with the throat. I told my parents at 7 yrs old that if I'm lucky, I'll die by getting ran over by a mack truck. My parents were not happy with what I said. At 18 I got into what would be a normally fatal car accident (car flew and flipped in the air and landed on the roof) and I was suspended with my seatbeat around my neck. I had bruises all over my chest and neck area but I came out fine.

It wasn't until fairly recently (like a year ago) that a friend who is well-versed in astrology pointed out that I have Algol Mars and so did his mother...who died "loosing her head." That did not worry me, but it didn't comfort me either. I can be violent... not as someone who initiates violence, but a person prepared for violence. I always feel like there's dangers around me and I do think I can die at any moment.

I am not sure what to make out of your husband's sudden end. That sounds so very tragic and I don't blame you if you're weary of that fixed star conjunct any planet. I'd probably weary too, if I didn't already have Algol Mars (or any Algol planets in general).

ocho

Wow... despite all I still believe that Algol is powerful.

A Pluto conjunct Ascendant/Sun will sense power of Algol conjunct Ascendant/Conjunct Sun
& Vise Versa

dr. farr

ALGOL IS POWERFUL!!!
But power for disruption, for destruction, for unbalance (eg Marilyn Monroe's Moon was conjunct Algol in the Solar Return for the year of her suicide-a few months after the SR-in 1962; Moon {conjunct Algol} also happened to be MM 's profection year Lord for 1962, the year of her suicide)

When we have a close connection with a given star, ALWAYS also check if there is any Parallel of declination with any other star: if there is, then the influences of one star modifies the influence of the other star, which can be to neutralize malefic influences or enhance benefic (or worsen malefic) influences of the stars involved.

M

may28gemini

Poor Marilyn. Her whole life was like a big ole tragic Film Noir.

Not only do I have Algol Mars, I also have Capulus Mars. I'm not sure what exactly that spells out for me. But from what I understand, both fixed stars are very violent.

Somna7H

Banned
Too many aspects can make a person weak ?

I have the following.
Algol Conjunct Asc.
Pluto,Spica,Mars bQ Asc
Chiron Conjunct Asc.
Uranus Oppose Asc.
Sun and Nessus Sextile Asc.

Witchyone

ALGOL IS POWERFUL!!!
But power for disruption, for destruction, for unbalance (eg Marilyn Monroe's Moon was conjunct Algol in the Solar Return for the year of her suicide-a few months after the SR-in 1962; Moon {conjunct Algol} also happened to be MM 's profection year Lord for 1962, the year of her suicide)

When we have a close connection with a given star, ALWAYS also check if there is any Parallel of declination with any other star: if there is, then the influences of one star modifies the influence of the other star, which can be to neutralize malefic influences or enhance benefic (or worsen malefic) influences of the stars involved.

I don't understand the terminology "parallel of declination". Can you explain or point me to a good resource? If I have Algol conjunct my Asc, should I be looking for stars near my Dsc or does this mean something else?