Ambitious person ?

FrenchSD

Hi,

I am fairly new to astrology and I'm trying to understand myself better. I would say I am a pretty successful person: I have been to one of the world's top school and I am now going to work at one of the hardest company to get a job at. But the ride to get there has been very difficult for me, almost like a mental torture as I always crave for more and more. Now that I got an offer from that company, my new challenge is to get into the best team and this is all I can focus on. I don't know if I am crazy or just really really driven.

Do you think that "torture" comes from the fact that my sun is squaring the moon ? Can you "see" that ambition in the chart? Which aspect indicates it ?

I would be super grateful if you could give me some more insight as I am a beginner in astrology and willing to learn more. :smile:

Thanks very much in advance!

Natal_chart.png

Hades055

Hello FrenchSD

First and foremost, my greetings from another member of the Virgo "nation" (my particular way of calling people belonging to signs) really excited to know your chart :smile:.

I can definitely see the driving force here. A Scorpio Asc (second welcome from another Scorpio Asc lol) With Pluto in the first house, Scorpio is very, very strong here. Determination and willpower are boxes checked with these two placements.

Also to see, your North Node is in the first house. So, again we are seeing a focus on how you see things around you, and we can also see how that drive can sometimes be very strong indeed.

Both Moon in Sagittarius in the 2nd house and its ruler, (the "boss" of Sagittarius if you like) Jupiter conjunct your Ascendant, also indicate a very strong drive to success. It is in your core values to look, and go, beyond. Hence, your motivation.

I will take the opportunity and point out two things that I'm seeing here too. I mentioned that the combination of placements in Scorpio (Pluto, your North Node and Jupiter) make a lot of in-roots into your "ambition". However, i suggest caution too.

Because Moon is a singleton planet ("singleton" refers to an isolated planet in your fire signs), you may find yourself attaching too much of your self-worth and your emotional stability into your success (more noticeably, your financial success). This may leave you exposed and vulnerable to depression when you may encounter struggles in your career (not necessarily because of your performance, but it can also be because of your role in the company). I would look for other ways to complement your emotional nourishment and stability, should your work start to be "less" successful.

The other thing that i want to point out is something that you referred to. You mentioned that you felt "torture" on your way there. That's the second edge of your particular Scorpio Asc's "sword". Because there's so much drive to get things done and go places (literally as well as metaphorically), that can easily become an obsession. With the consequence of reduced awareness, mental, emotional and physical fatigue, and confrontation with other people / groups of people.

My two recommendations are to, first, try to see the bigger picture (Jupiter, Sagittarius). Ask yourself why are you doing this. What's your goal. Remember that the position of the North Node will indicate what area of your life is where the biggest lessons will come. Most of the trial and error will come in terms of how you express yourself to others and in life in general. Balance from potential obsessive behavior can be found in your case by looking at the bigger picture of the situation you find yourself on.

My second recommendation, is to be found by the Square that the Moon and your Sun have. The Sun is also very close to Chiron. Success is great, but don't fall in the trap of identifying yourself with success. You are a valuable person, with very important contributions to do in the world, regardless of the amount of success. Your identity (Sun) goes beyond your success level.

Hopefully I was able to help and this can address your questions.

Greetings.

waybread

FrenchSD, two things pop out about your chart.

Yes, you do have a close sun-moon square, which can indicate conflicts between who you need to be, in order to express your sense of identity-- and your emotional needs. With your moon in Sagittarius, you may long for more freedom than your hard work has permitted you.

However, you also have a little planetoid called Chiron in the mix, conjunct your sun. With this aspect, doesn't it "hurt to be you"? Do you ever feel you've worked hard enough, achieved enough, been precise and exact enough? See if you can be kinder and gentler to yourself.

You've also got Mars square Mercury. This can make you an energetic analyst, but you feel a lot of pressure to have your critical faculties up and running.

I think you also have Uranus quintile your ascendant. Are you a scientist or engineer? You have a lot of talent plus ambition to "make something of yourself" in this type of field.

How do you relax? Are you able just to put your feet up and listen to your favourite music? Do you make time for your favourite sport or hobby? (I'd guess something like sailing...) You might benefit from a head-clearing discipline like meditation or yoga, to quiet down those "thought gerbils" running around your brain.

Congratulations on your achievements, FrenchSD. Can you please take time for the rest of your life?

On transits, there is a free ephemeris at Astrodienst (www.astro.com ) this works like a train time-table for planets. A lot of transits might be helpful, but some of the easiest ones to track would be those running through your 10th house, or in a relationship of 120 or 60 degrees of separation from your sun.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
FrenchSD, two things pop out about your chart.

Yes, you do have a close sun-moon square, which can indicate conflicts between who you need to be, in order to express your sense of identity-- and your emotional needs. With your moon in Sagittarius, you may long for more freedom than your hard work has permitted you.

However, you also have a little planetoid called Chiron in the mix, conjunct your sun. With this aspect, doesn't it "hurt to be you"? Do you ever feel you've worked hard enough, achieved enough, been precise and exact enough? See if you can be kinder and gentler to yourself.

I notice this, too. Chiron in Virgo tends to play out as a sense of not doing enough, or not being skilled enough (Virgo is doing and skill). Sun in Virgo needs skill development and something to do, in order to feel at peace with yourself. With both in your tenth house, you've made that skill development your career. That career drivenness is probably coming from a sense of lack.

But the hunger for more and more probably has everything to do with Jupiter and your north node at your AC. Jupiter expands everything it touches. The north node is the dragon's head (Rahu in Vedic myth) that's always hungry and never satisfied. Where your north node is, you need to bring more and more into your life. With both at your AC, that insatiable need is magnified, and since the AC is about self, this ambitiousness is also, deep down, about your sense of self.

So, you're equating self with career. One part of you is driven by a hunger for more. Another part is driven by a sense of not being enough. Both of those senses conspire to make you super ambitious, and focused on your career to the exclusion of, apparently, everything else.

Whoam1

I mean one thing pops out to me. It is screaming.

Angular dignified Jupiter rising. It aspects Mars and Saturn. That thing is in charge of your chart (seriously because it's angular and in dignity). It has the task management and action skills as easy assets.

FrenchSD

Wow, thanks very much guys for taking so much of your time to read my chart!

Everything you said really resonnates with me, especially the recommendations that you've made to me. It will help me become a better person for sure. Also, I will look at the Ephemeris to see if I can read a "team change" in the coming months.

@Waybread : I work in investment banking. It is funny that you brought up sailing as a hobby: litterraly all of my family is passionate about sailing....except me. Does that mean I deviated from my true path when I was a child ?

waybread

I wouldn't say that.

It's just that I feel it would be helpful for you to have some time for yourself that puts you in a different modality than your career ladder.

I said sailing, because of your Mars in watery Cancer in the 9th house of activities that expand one's mental horizons. Mars is the traditional ruler of your rising sign, and Mars rules sports of various kinds. Certainly you could express this part of yourself in other ways. I am a great believer in a choice-centered astrology that optimizes what the stars have given us.

BTW, there is such a thing as business astrology, where astrologers forecast market trends, notably the stock market. Not to many of us have studied it, but if you search the Internet, you should find some professional astrologers in this area.

Last edited: