Differences in Musclar Appearance and Types of the Physically Strong Zodiac Signs?

M

may28gemini

Hey girl! I'm gonna hijack for a second, and ask your impressions. You have a good grasp on mars/saturn, so let me throw out this complex and let me know what you think:

6th house mars in Capricorn (10deg) opposing 12th house saturn in cancer (13deg), being squared by 4th house pluto in libra (9deg) (tsquare).

Hmmm... Exalted Mars opposite detriment Saturn. Then there's Pluto as part of the cardinal t-square... oh that's not nice.

Geez... that's a tough one. My gut instinct is that Mars is heavily fortified in Capricorn and joys in the 6th house and will constantly battle Saturn to achieve anything. Although Cancer Saturn is detriment, it's placed in the 12th house which is supposed to be Saturn's "joy" so it could lessen some of the detriment effects, however my opinion will deviate from that traditional opinion. I suppose this person is more of someone who's practical, concrete, and very disciplined with all matters material and mostly comfortable with the material plane. As for Saturn in the "spiritual" 12th, I suspect this person has a lot of hidden guilt that goes under the radar and remains unaddressed. When there's discomfort in the spiritual world, the person will quickly resort to the material world to "medicate" by doing extreme things like going on hardcore diets, working all hours of the day, etc (6th house concerns). Pluto squaring both Saturn and Mars only serves to intensify and harden the austerity between Saturn and Mars. This person is NOT someone that's going to break routine. Bit too hardcore of a person, from my stance.

milkywaygirl

Hmmm... Exalted Mars opposite detriment Saturn. Then there's Pluto as part of the cardinal t-square... oh that's not nice.

Geez... that's a tough one. My gut instinct is that Mars is heavily fortified in Capricorn and joys in the 6th house and will constantly battle Saturn to achieve anything. Although Cancer Saturn is detriment, it's placed in the 12th house which is supposed to be Saturn's "joy" so it could lessen some of the detriment effects, however my opinion will deviate from that traditional opinion. I suppose this person is more of someone who's practical, concrete, and very disciplined with all matters material and mostly comfortable with the material plane. As for Saturn in the "spiritual" 12th, I suspect this person has a lot of hidden guilt that goes under the radar and remains unaddressed. When there's discomfort in the spiritual world, the person will quickly resort to the material world to "medicate" by doing extreme things like going on hardcore diets, working all hours of the day, etc (6th house concerns). Pluto squaring both Saturn and Mars only serves to intensify and harden the austerity between Saturn and Mars. This person is NOT someone that's going to break routine. Bit too hardcore of a person, from my stance.

This is very insightful (as always from you!). Now let me add another layer and ask another impression.

Mars is a singleton, being the only planet in earth. The chart is predominantly Western Hemisphere, watery, with saturn in cancer in 12th as the singleton eastern hemisphere planet.

Saturn is also the focus of a yod, formed by sun in aqua in 8th, and a moon nn vertex Neptune complex in sag in 5th.

This person is highly emotional, but is in denial about it. Cancer asc/chart ruler moon, and when we do a dispositor tree, everything goes back to the mutual reception between Jupiter in Pisces and Neptune in sag.

This person has created a lot of responsibilities for himself in the way of family (saturn cancer), to the detriment of his own needs, which he doesn't even know how to meet (sun quincunx saturn). He lives to take care of his wife, children (especially daughter), mother and grandmother (moon chart ruler - women). He takes care of them financially and materially, and I think has spread himself too thin. He does not provide any emotional anything, he is unable to be empathetic.

This person also has serious control issues, and has confused domination/control with assertion. He also has issues with masculinity (not feeing like a man). He is very secretive and can be a liar and dishonorable.

He is a workaholic.

Right now, he has the following transits to his saturn:

Pluto opposing saturn (applying) - Pluto is conjunct his mars
Uranus squaring (separating)
Saturn trining (applying)
Chiron trining (separating)
Jupiter conjuncting (separating)

I looked back to 2006, when his father died, and at the time he has Uranus in Pisces in 9h (sudden events, loss) and Jupiter in Scorpio n 5th (expansive force, death) trining his saturn.

I'm wondering what will happen currently with all this pressure on his saturn. It just seems like something very drastic is going to happen to him. That is a lot of outer planet pressure to an already boiling pot.

This person uses his responsibilities as the anchor for his life, and a way to avoid dealing with his deeper emotional nature. The transits suggest to me that something is going to affect his ability to meet all those responsibilities. I worry that it will be something to do with the Pluto mars conjunction - as in something happening to him that will affect his ability to act in the world (mars). With mars in the 6th, I worry about his health. With natal pluto in his 4th, whatever happens to his mars/ability to act as a result of the transiting pluto conjunction will have a final effect on his home life.

What do you think?

Edit:

Been thinking about this and now on second thought, I focus more on mars, which is being conjuncted by Pluto and squared by Uranus. If mars is the stronger in the relationship between saturn and itself, then a closer examination here I think is needed. Uranus, along with pluto, are both natally in the 4th, so whatever their effect on mars, the outcome will be felt there as well as 10th, which has Aries intercepted - also the 8th and 5th.

This seems like it will be a very significant shift, as we have sun in 8th and moon in 5th, and the 4th is an important area of life for this person. Hmmm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Now that you posted his chart, I don't see his Saturn as being in the 12th, I go by whole signs so I read Saturn in the 1st house and Mars in 7th.

I'm going to look a little closer at the chart and think about it so I'll get back with you at another time.

But I'll be honest with you, I am extremely biased and I do not have much "hopes" for those with badly placed Saturn signs. Having any other poorly placed planet could be corrected over time, but Saturn exists as the person's moral foundation and self-discipline/control. Having a debilitated Saturn is like having an eroded foundation and I question if having to work completely ground up, which is not impossible, but still, who has time and desire for that?

Cap Mars is strong and controlling, whereas Cancer Saturn is insecure and passive. That's a very difficult push-pull effect and then there's some other stuff I find to be bothersome in his chart too.

milkywaygirl

Cool, take your time, I know you have that stuff going on! I'd be interested to hear about it from a whole sign perspective. This person is close to me so its hard to look at his chart objectively. What you said about saturn being the moral foundation is very interesting, gonna mull that over myself.

IleneK

Premium Member
Now that you posted his chart, I don't see his Saturn as being in the 12th, I go by whole signs so I read Saturn in the 1st house and Mars in 7th.

I'm going to look a little closer at the chart and think about it so I'll get back with you at another time.

But I'll be honest with you, I am extremely biased and I do not have much "hopes" for those with badly placed Saturn signs. Having any other poorly placed planet could be corrected over time, but Saturn exists as the person's moral foundation and self-discipline/control. Having a debilitated Saturn is like having an eroded foundation and I question if having to work completely ground up, which is not impossible, but still, who has time and desire for that?

Cap Mars is strong and controlling, whereas Cancer Saturn is insecure and passive. That's a very difficult push-pull effect and then there's some other stuff I find to be bothersome in his chart too.

Hi, May28.

I always enjoy your comments. In this instance I would like to respectfully disagree about the hope and value of working with one's debilitated Saturn. As you so aptly note, it will take a long time, as is Father Time's, Chronos', nature. But I believe we act at our own peril if we do not work with Saturn, to come to understand its debilitated nature and what Saturn requires of us as a result of that debility.

If one has an eroded foundation [and I am not certain it is wholly correct to characterize one with debilitated Saturn as such, although I appreciate the symbolism you have chosen], then a very valuable use of one's time, I would think, would be to correct that erosion, no matter how difficult or how long it takes. Saturn expects that of us [all].

Cheers,

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I was quickly explaining Saturn earlier to basically describe the gist of my stance because I was in a hurry to get out the door. I don't doubt that there are those who have debilitated Saturn are capable of correcting their eroded foundation, but they have a longer way to go. Exalted and domicile Saturn have the power to correct other planets' erosion/corruption. Exalted planets such as Mars in Cap is wonderful and quite helpful, but does not carry the power alter a damaged/insecure moral foundation. I don't even think a well-placed Jupiter can combat Saturn's power strip everything down to the bare essential of existence (but that's another discussion).

It is
1. more difficult for those with debilitated Saturn to recognize the foundation they came with is eroded in the 1st place 2. more difficult to decide what to do to fix their "unleveled" foundation if they do recognize the need to fix 3. hard to justify consciously the need to invest time and effort to work on an essential part of themselves.

I truly do think those born with Libra, Cap, and Aqua Saturn are extremely lucky because they were born with a more conscious awareness of where they stand in the world, have a built-in morality/principled system in place (so to speak). Now that doesn't sound like much, and probably very vague, but to live a "right" life, one must be conscious of themselves- their limitations, shortcomings, and to recognize that in order to achieve that, one must be objective and fearless. Debilitated Saturn especially have a built-in fearful component that would hinder objective judgement of the self. If you cannot step out of yourself to judge yourself, how can you correct your flaws?

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Ok, this is a bit unfair as the thread has been veered off topic so I'm going to try to make it as short as I can because I feel bad for answering off topic when I was not the person who started the thread.

I will first address: I don't like looking at people's charts when they themselves did not show me. It's an ethical thing for me. I'm not an astrologer, but I don't like "reading" a person and seeing possible bad things about them without the person being able explain themselves. Also, this sounds corny as heck, but being that I do have Pisces Moon, I absorb a lot of energy and if I see bad stuff in charts, it zaps me out and I can be emotionally drained for days (depending on what I see). This is another reason why I cannot be an astrologer... Just so you know, as a general rule, I don't read charts of people whom I'm not friends with, but since you asked me as a favor to have a look and I agreed to it, so here goes...

Overall, the chart has strong benefics- Cap Mars (exalted), Pisces Venus (exalted) and Pisces Jupiter (domicile) in 9th (auspicious house). Mars is considered a lesser malefic but I read Mars as being a benefic when in a well placed sign. Anyway is why this person has redeeming qualities.

Now onto the bad stuff...

Cardinal T-square with Cancer Saturn, Cap Mars, Libra Pluto... there's extreme difficulties involving power struggles, ego/identity, and morality. Saturn is compromised (detriment), so morality is corrupted as it squares Pluto... this person gives into Pluto's innate desire for power and control but being that it's Libra, there's a need to cover up and appear proper. I think it's harder for both his Saturn and Mars to confront Libra Pluto because it appears so proper and cooperative. Pluto in 4th is uninhibited but subconscious desire to have complete control over family but also shows that he grew up in draconic household, with a very austere father. His father must have been a very scary but powerful man. There is a tendency for this person to impose his will upon others...esp. those he's close to (family, friends, relations, even business partners, etc.) and a dark but very violent seething kind of temper that lurks underneath; ruthless. Very obsessive and domineering.

I think your person of interest is NOT even aware of his behavior and how difficult he can make life for those closest to him.

Basically, as I said before, Saturn serves as moral foundation- the "little voice" that tells you what's right and what's wrong. Well, basically, his little voice has been muted. I'm not trying to be facetious or witty, but that's the best way I can describe what I see. Because Saturn is not able to "control" Mars, his Mars is basically calling all the shots, and with the square from Pluto, it's always very ummm... disturbing extreme decisions?

In public and with others, he's extremely lucky (domicile Jupiter in 9th house conjunct MC). All the good that happens to him is thanks to outside contacts. He happens to view those closest to him as hindering... and blames those closest for his setbacks.

Detriment Sun trine Pluto is evident of his need to be in powerful positions, to be the leader, to show others he's strong. Sun in 8th is debilitated (as 8th house debilitates whatever planet is in it, for better or worse) and he doesn't hold very optimistic views in life or of life. He is very serious person who has some major power struggles and a damaged ego, which he carefully conceals. He constantly feels like he's being tested, like he must struggle and fight all the time.

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for... but that's just some (jumbled) stuff that jumped out when I saw his chart. I cannot identify with his energy... it's neither good nor bad (in my opinion). The energy is very strong, very capable; a person who has a lot of dogged determination and drive but doesn't know how to apply the energy and is frazzled about not knowing for sure. It's a very heavy and concentrated kind of energy... I cannot look at his chart for long.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I was quickly explaining Saturn earlier to basically describe the gist of my stance because I was in a hurry to get out the door. I don't doubt that there are those who have debilitated Saturn are capable of correcting their eroded foundation, but they have a longer way to go. ...

It is
1. more difficult for those with debilitated Saturn to recognize the foundation they came with is eroded in the 1st place 2. more difficult to decide what to do to fix their "unleveled" foundation if they do recognize the need to fix 3. hard to justify consciously the need to invest time and effort to work on an essential part of themselves.

... to live a "right" life, one must be conscious of themselves- their limitations, shortcomings, and to recognize that in order to achieve that, one must be objective and fearless. Debilitated Saturn especially have a built-in fearful component that would hinder objective judgement of the self. If you cannot step out of yourself to judge yourself, how can you correct your flaws?

All, good points, and I especially like and agree with your concluding point.

Naturally everything that Saturn influences will likely be more difficult if Saturn is debilitated. But there are many, many other considerations, especially the condition of Mercury, Moon, Mars that can radically modify the ease with which one recognizes and takes action with the problem. And I do disagree with 3. entirely. When there is great suffering, for many it is not hard at all to justify the effort. Debilitated Saturn is still Saturn.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

You're right, debilitated Saturn is still Saturn... but my assessment is that debilitated Saturn is not fully operational and has a much more difficult time "starting." Those of the Libra, Cap, Aqua Saturn variety come equipped with the essentials to just start and go.

When I say that Saturn is the moral foundation (and that's the core of our existence), I'm really being serious. There is no replacement for foundation. That's it. It's bare bones essential. If there are kinks, cracks, gaps, holes, etc. in the foundation and it goes ignored, or worse, denied attention, the foundation will crumble and that will be the day of reckoning.

If Saturn was to speak, I'm pretty sure he'd say something like, "Just because you don't believe in reality doesn't mean reality doesn't believe in you." In another words, you can delay reality, but eventually you will have to face it. That's what I mean precisely when I said that debilitated Saturn (Cancer, Leo, Aries) have built in fear of objectivity because they are not operating the way Saturn is supposed to operate. Saturn does represent fear but Saturnine fear operates differently than other kinds of fear. Saturnine fear is different because it not linked to the ego but rather it's linked to something more concrete- the goal of survival. Saturn fears the unknown. In order for Saturn to build a defense and combat against fear of the unknown, he turns around and uses that same fear to motivate himself to fortify with what is known/factual/real. That's what's called understanding limitations and working with what you know. Saturn utilizes and practice what works. Bottom line is, he is basically concerned with 2 points- 1. what works 2. remember what doesn't work to prevent wasting time in the future. Without foundation, nothing would exist. That's why Saturn is much more powerful.

What I described above, those that come into "the game" (as I call it) aka life, with Libra, Cap, or Aqua Saturn already know that life is unfair, it never was fair, and it will never be fair, but working with what you have and maximizing it is the most reasonable, feasible, and realistic goal (consciousness). Basically, they already got over the hard part. Those that come into the game with debilitated Saturn are devoid of that piece of common sense and take a lot longer to come to that realization. The longer it takes to understand and practice the most basic of Saturn maxim, the inevitable will continue to be denied and will expand Saturn's fear. The longer Saturn builds up fear, the greater increase of damage is placed on the foundation and if too much damage goes unaddressed, the foundation will not withstand. I think when that manifests, it's called, "moral bankruptcy" or "moral devastation."

Mars is very important... and is only 2nd to the Sun in ego. And when I say 2nd, I mean it's a very close 2nd...like a hair away 2nd. If the Sun is debilitated, but the Mars is at least essentially dignified, it balances out some of the damages from debilitated Sun. However, if Saturn is debilitated, he is unable to elevate any of the other planets' debilities. I still maintain that an exalted or domicile Saturn has the power to elevate debilities from other planets but I don't think any other planets dignities/exaltations can combat against Saturn's debilities. If Saturn is exalted or domicile, he is operating on maximum capacity (and part of that is reserving, restricting, restraining, rejecting) and is aware enough to pick up the slack from the other planets that may be lacking. Saturn is more powerful than all the other planets combined because he is representative of moral and rational foundation. Life's backbone is Saturn (why he rules the spine), we survive, live, and thrive based upon reason. The fact that we make decisions (decision process) is rooted in reason. We aren't instinctual creatures and feelings are not facts and do not reflect reality (that's why Saturn hates the Moon/Cancer). We created society, laws, structures- all that is ruled by Saturn. Sure, Saturn shall always be Saturn, but so will society, laws, and structures. The question is, do you want one that works optimally or do you want a fixer upper that may not even get fixed?

I'll use me as an example. Although I have debilitated Taurus Mars, my exalted Libra Saturn trines it and thus, Saturn restricts a lot of Taurus Mars debilities (laziness, being boring, etc.) but expands on some of the finer qualities that Taurus Mars has such as determination, dedication, and loyalty. I don't identify with any of the description of Taurus Mars except for liking nice things in life... but that's Earth Mars in general. My Mars is so heavily modified that it does not even operate on a recognizable level that could be identified as Taurus. And like the chart in question, my Mars is the only Earth planet in my chart and it's in the Western hemisphere. But unlike the chart in question, the person has debilitated Saturn opposite exalted Mars and I have (the reverse) exalted Saturn trine debilitated Mars. I bring this up because I want to illustrate for MilkywayGirl the striking difference.

I have Gemini Sun which is peregrine but it gets a trine from exalted Saturn. Now, I know that Gemini Sun people are crazy- say and do crazy things no matter what is in their chart, and I'm really no different, but because my Saturn is exalted, I don't tend to get in trouble with my craziness because I know when to dial it back. I will test others but I don't push anyone over the edge and I am very conscious of how I can effect others (for better or worse). I know my limits and I know how to gauge other people's limits.

I love Aquas, but they can be very psycho and too fervent and hellbent passionate on some of the most misguided ideologies possible.
I have a high school friend who's Aqua Sun and Mars trine Libra Saturn (she's a few months older than me) but she's not a typical crazy Aqua (as a matter of fact, I've met all the Aqua born with Libra Saturn in my high school classs and none of them were the typical psycho Aquas). She's very morally grounded and tries to be careful with others. When she needs help, she never asks for "free" but will offer to pay or do something in exchange. She doesn't take advantage of others whenever she's in a position of power. We argued back in high school and I shut her out but she was the one that contacted me during our Saturn's return (like 12 years after the argument) to bury the hatchet and to apologize to me.

I was friends with several Libra Sun conjunct Libra Saturn classmates and they were always annoyingly hounding me to go to church with them when everyone knew that I was (and still am) a strict atheist. They weren't doing that to say that my soul needed saving or whatever. They just felt that I'm a very moral person and wanted me to be around other people of strong moral fiber. They were looking out for me, which I appreciated but I'm definitely, not going to believe in something that I don't. And yet, we always stayed on good terms.

I've had a lot of Cancer Sun people in my high school class who have Sun square Libra Saturn and even they contacted me during our Saturn's return to apologize to me for being "unfair and mean" towards me and it "was no excuse to treat" me poorly back then when I was "always fair towards" them.

My point to all those examples is that I really do think that when Saturn is well placed, any aspect it makes to Sun and Mars, even the difficult aspects, actually strengthen morality foundations of the person. I did not want to give false hopes to MilkywayGirl, nor anyone when I read charts and see debilitated Saturn making difficult aspects to Sun and/or Mars. Yes, it's possible that anyone can "change" but the change will originate from 1. the conscious desire to change 2. recognition of flaws that needs to be changed. That chart showed me not one iota of desiring change nor being aware of any personal flaws that needs to be changed, but of a domineering person who wants to control his external world and everyone orbiting around it. I cannot lie based upon what I saw.

Last edited:

Kannon

Arnold Schwarzengger in his heyday held the title of Mr. Universe and is Cancer rising.

Schwarzenegger's Cancer Asc at 22* North declination is Parallel Mars 23* N, which is P Pluto & Uranus 23-1/2* N. This is powerful reinforcement of self/body that cannot be seen in a flat wheel chart. This illustrates the points that (a) body = Asc; (b) not all factors of angular aspect to the Asc are in longitude, as many of the most powerful aspects in natal charts are in the declinations.

Remember, just like the earth, the sky is not flat. The North-south positions of the planets are the second axis that pinpoint their exact location.

I can't comment on the other charts, since I don't know them.

Sorry guys...I know this is an old post but I had to put in my two cents. Remember that while the Rising Sign is the most important in physical appearance, the Sun sign itself is a very close second so even though Arnold Schwarzenegger is a Cancer Rising, he's also a Leo Sun and that also affects a person's body build too. So yeah...just keep that in mind. The three placements to consider in physical appearance are Rising, Sun and Mars. All of these work together to develop someone's body in addition to physical activity, good diet, proper sleep and some effects from genetics.

But to answer the original question, I'd actually switch Aries' and Scorpio's descriptions since Scorpio has more emotional strength than martial strength and since Aries is primarily Mars ruled, he has much more martial prowess than Scorpio who is now wholly ruled by sexual and transforming Pluto or is shared between Pluto and Mars and if so, only gets half of Mars' attention. Aries as a cardinal fire sign is known to be more physically active too than Scorpio who is a fixed water sign and so while Scorpio has more stamina and endurance, he's still an emotional water sign.

I also slightly disagree with Leo Rising only in the sense that while they re said to have powerful and broader upper bodies, they're also said to be well proportioned and so their lower bodies are also quite strong. And as a fixed sign, he has incredible determination and endurance. Well, anyway just my opinion!

Schwarzenegger's Cancer Asc at 22* North declination is Parallel Mars 23* N, which is P Pluto & Uranus 23-1/2* N. This is powerful reinforcement of self/body that cannot be seen in a flat wheel chart. This illustrates the points that (a) body = Asc; (b) not all factors of angular aspect to the Asc are in longitude, as many of the most powerful aspects in natal charts are in the declinations.

Remember, just like the earth, the sky is not flat. The North-south positions of the planets are the second axis that pinpoint their exact location.

I can't comment on the other charts, since I don't know them.

The Ram

Actually Mars is at his best in Scorpio as hes domicle lord, triplicity lord and in sect in the sign. In Aries hes less focused as both he and the sun share management of the sign. Mars and only mars is the only planet to have any high level of dignity (triplicity and up) in the sign of Scorpio for about 2000 years.

While Pluto is probably best placed in Scorpio, it cant really govern a sign and its never shown any accuracy in prediction. Its hip nowadays to call it the ruler of scorpio, but try to put that into action and youre going to get results that are totally inconsistent.

Last edited:
Actually Mars is at his best in Scorpio as hes domicle lord, triplicity lord and in sect in the sign. In Aries hes less focused as both he and the sun share management of the sign. Mars and only mars is the only planet to have any high level of dignity (triplicity and up) in the sign of Scorpio for about 2000 years.

While Pluto is probably best placed in Scorpio, it cant really govern a sign and its never shown any accuracy in prediction. Its hip nowadays to call it the ruler of scorpio, but try to put that into action and youre going to get results that are totally inconsistent.

Well...that's according to traditional astrology but traditional astrology didn't know the existence of the outer planets. But then that also places Scorpio in an awkward situation because although the Moon is the night ruler of the water signs, it is actually in fall in Scorpio so just because a planet is the triplicity ruler doesn't always mean it's the best for one of those signs. It goes both ways.

And since the zodiac is all about balance, Mars should be best placed in Aries who only has it as a ruling planet whereas Scorpio has both Mars and Pluto so the only fair thing would be to have only Pluto rule Scorpio at full strength or have both Mars and Pluto rule Scorpio but only half strength each.

And Western Astrology doesn't always necessarily go by "the best results" since actually many astrologers have claimed Leo in Mars technically give the best results.

Well...that's according to traditional astrology but traditional astrology didn't know the existence of the outer planets. But then that also places Scorpio in an awkward situation because although the Moon is the night ruler of the water signs, it is actually in fall in Scorpio so just because a planet is the triplicity ruler doesn't always mean it's the best for one of those signs. It goes both ways.

And since the zodiac is all about balance, Mars should be best placed in Aries who only has it as a ruling planet whereas Scorpio has both Mars and Pluto so the only fair thing would be to have only Pluto rule Scorpio at full strength or have both Mars and Pluto rule Scorpio but only half strength each.

And Western Astrology doesn't always necessarily go by "the best results" since actually many astrologers have claimed Leo in Mars technically give the best results. So in the end, I guess it all depends on what tradition of astrology you want to follow: esoteric, Western, Sidereal, Vedic, traditional, modern, etc. They all have their own rules and even their own planets for each sign. Each following claims a different thing...

And remember, in most astrological circles (at least in the Western) domicile still wins over exaltation so Mars is still the primary ruler over Aries than the Sun who only rules Leo. Plus, that idea of clashing management would go double for the signs that are said to have two rulers like Scorpio. Yes, people claim that Pluto is a "higher octave of Mars" so there would hardly be any clash, but the Sun and Mars were always said to be highly compatible too so they don't clash either.

Traditionally Aries, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio are seen as the physically muscular Ascendant to have and are the top dogs as far as physical prowress is concerned.

However what constitute "muscular" has various meanings and there are different sub branches of muscular.

I am also aware life style affects how muscular one is. An Aries Riser who is a Boxer would have much stronger upper body build than a Leo Riser who's a track runner and appear more muscular.

But I'm assuming based on traditional descriptions .

Here is my take.

Aries Rising-tends to be towards the Athletic type of muscular. Not visibly seen with big viewable muscles but you can see toned legs and arms. Most capable of various Athletic abiliies from pole jump to hurdle jump, to swimming.

But not as much physical brute strength as oher type of muscular. However makes it up with lots of stamina for strenerous activities like running a marathon,steeplechase,etc. Can adapt easilyt to a variety of sports.

Aries Ascendant is the ATHLETE! Such a flexible well-rounded body that can do everything required from jumping over hurdles to running a marathon to throwing javelins.

Taurus Rising-tends to be large and bulky muscular. WTF strong but stereotypically Arnold Schwarzenneger body.The stereotype is slow as a result of being so muscular. But has the most stamina for a pure contest of brute strength and lasts the most blows physically.

Taurus Ascendant is the BODYBUILDER. INCREDIBLE strength and monstrous stamina that would truly scare aggressive men did with a VERY TALL statue and extremely bulky muscular body to make it scary even more. Like a weightlifter, however he is extremely slow.

Leo Rising-Boxer's build. Strong upperbody thats really muscular and like Boxers also fit for athletics. But more emphasize on upper body and stereotypically Leo Rising is not the type for pole vaulting, steeplechase, climbing,etc that Aries Rising is.

Leo Ascendant is the BOXER. Incredible upperbody strength but also immense stamina for other athletic endeavors that come out of the typical Boxer's training regime. Incredible speed and stamina with upperbody activities. However while above average for everything else in proportion to the average person, he is much weaker in everything else compared to the physical powerhouses of the zodiac.

Scorpio Rising-Jack of all trades.Has lots of stamina and quite athletic like Aries Rising. Howeve also obviously muscular just like Leo Rising is and stereotypically they can have an upperbody as muscular as a boxer's build (except more even proportion to the legs and lower body strength as opposed to Leo Rising being upper body concentrated). However lots of strong staying power and brute strength and lots terms of enduring physical blows and weariness from continuos vigorous exercise like Taurus Rising.

Basically has the easiest potential of reaching various different type of athleticism and assuming all things equal in training and nutrition, would score high in general athletic stats (but not being the best unless the individual specifically decides to specialize in a certain area of strength).

So by stereotype visibly muscular but also strong in different athletics from rope climbing to gymnastics with lots of staying power. But not the strongest in any of these traditionally.

Scorpio Ascendant is the SOLDIER (or at least Infantryman) by physical build. Combat Soldiers are very athletic with lots of stamina to run for long miles. However they also have such visible muscles that are so powerful that they would intimidate even athletes. Combat Soldiers often have immense strength to carry over 50 pounds of baggage while marching for miles nonstop. And they do tons of strength workouts in addition to aerobic and athletic exercises. This all make sense that Scorpio is traditionally the sign of war along with Aries but Scorpio is faarrr more fitting as the ideal Soldier with his
calm reserve, still discipline, and hidden but very aggressive and violent nature.

AN ADDED BONUS:

Sagittarius-LEAN BODY at least. A lot of stamina for running and incredibly strong hard legs.

Sagittarius is the RUNNER. Beats even the ATHLETE Aries when it comes to contests based on the foot in running and walking.

What do you think? I based the above descriptions on various stuff I seen on the internet.

Of course as I mentioned different lifestyle an individual live can modify heavily-an Aries Riser who isn't into sports will probably be at best have more stamina than the average Joe. A Scorpio Riser who does weight lifting can become as bulky as the stereotypical Taurus Riser and so forth.

Whats your opinion on the types of muscular for the traditional physical powerhouses of the Signs?

No Pisces ASC??

And LMFAO at Arnold body type, dude is above 6 foot and would never be anywhere close to as big as he was in his prime without the steroids he used.

I'm a Pisces ASC with Taurus mars sextile my rising.

Moon conjunct Mars.

6 foot, slender build, powerful and great stamina.

I don't look anywhere close to as powerful as i actually am, often the case just underestimated which is what i like since it gives me an upper hand.

Picture this, 186 pound 6 foot male, who looks slim and a push over, but you see that dude pushing 700KG's of sauce on a pallet at work single handed.

It confuses people.

Body type and composition plays a big role, i have very strong legs, i have decently strong upper body too, but put anything on my back and my legs will be the last thing to cripple.

Last edited:
Images of me.

I have only ever worked out when i was serving in the Army, and i was skinny as hell then, i put on loads of muscle and fat too when i left... body recovered, never had a chance to recover due to the regiment i served in (para's elite regt)

Me when i was around 17 years old. (pre Army)

http://i.imgur.com/8ye18mX.png

4 years after leaving Army with no working out (arms are 2-3 times larger)

http://i.imgur.com/APu3VDT.jpg

Same time, different angle, upper body looks very slim, not especially powerful, trust me, try me ;)

http://i.imgur.com/jGpj7YY.png

A cool article on the nervous system.

http://blog.trainheroic.com/nervous...ation-of-superhuman-strength-and-athleticism/

Last edited:
OP has watched too many movies and living in la la land, strong soldiers do not have huge bodies, they are built for power, speed and endurance, at least the regiment i served in is.

It's 75% mentality and 25% body.

Mental fortitude carries you much further to drive through pain, it's why i'm prone to injury at work because i know i can push my body further than most ( i was trained)

I sat on my *** for 7 years, got up and started riding a bike up and down hills last week before starting my new job, could feel my legs and lungs bursting but i knew i was not pushing myself to ridiculous levels because i know i have been here before.

Used to do 10 mile tabs every Friday religiously in our regiment carrying 35KG on our backs, with rifle and webbing and helmet.

Monday, circuit training, Tuesday running (10 miles), Thursday gym (i usually did bike and push ups since my weakest work load is push ups).

People do not magically become 250 pound giants from real work, it's impossible to gain such mass and remain productive in the area you are working.

Video on the Parachute regiment where a world champion boxer takes it on and cannot keep up.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qutwj

Last edited:
PISCES: Gentleness combined with keen intuition that shows in the eyes. Graceful, quick movements. Pisceans tend to have a quite charming manner and a lovely smile. Ruling the feet, Pisceans often have small, delicate feet, or big old clodhoppers. Pisces hair tends to be soft and fine, sometimes naturally wavy and lighter-colored. Soft skin, beautiful, dreamy, noticeable eyes. Elegant, flowing movements. Even tall Pisceans can appear "small" for some reason. Tranquil expression, languid affect. Beautiful smiles, mischievous grins, tinkling laughter.