This child has anger issues

poyi

Premium Member
poyi and princess v, I think your ideas here are worth exploring, especially as relates to reading just the aspects themselves. I have to jet off for a while, but I wanted to add something to your conversation..don't forget that we need to consider the signs the planets are in, and how they will modify the expression of the planetary energy. Taking Mars real quick, he is considered traditionally to be the lesser malefic, but if he is in a sign that will temper/tamp down/restrain his fiery energy, that energy will be more positively expressed. This from someone with Mars in Cap. :wink:

Of course we should consider the signs and houses. Those are some extreme examples. In predictive astrology, it suggests if you have those natal placements on top of progressions and transits then energy will become stronger. Each chart needs to be examined individually. But with Mars/Pluto aspects usually that native is full of physical energy and when both together intensified form of Mars energies aggression, sex and violence the astrologer should take extra care on reading the chart, just to make sure :) it doesn't always happen....in the book it said it will take both Natal Promise and transit+progression to do the job.

So no need to panic but be cautious!!!

Last edited:

JerryRR

Tamara,
12/3 & 1/4 I feel are both applicable.

Libra 1st,Cappi 4th.

Father SU con MA
Tamara SU sq MA
Syd SU 150 MA

Same script different cast-planetary hereditary.

You do not need modern planets to see this.I use newer planets but not on this thread.
For those Astrologers who employ Chiron-Chiron return at 50 ish,The Wounded Healer.

poyi

Premium Member
It helps that her dad was a national swim champion along with his 2 brothers so she was born as a gifted swimmer. swimming since she was a baby. :)

I have Mars quintile Uranus and a few other quintiles and 1 biquintile. But I really don't know what Mars/Uranus does lol, giving me fast and weird mind perhaps :eek:

princess valhalla

Maybe it has to do with being a gifted astrologer! ;) also uranus is a higher octave of mercury.
I have Mars quintile Uranus too, less than 1 degree almost exact.
As well as Jupiter and MC Quintile Uranus.
Sun bq Asc
Moon bq Jupiter
Mars bq MC.

poyi

Premium Member
Maybe it has to do with being a gifted astrologer! ;) also uranus is a higher octave of mercury.
I have Mars quintile Uranus too, less than 1 degree almost exact.
As well as Jupiter and MC Quintile Uranus.
Sun bq Asc
Moon bq Jupiter
Mars bq MC.

Mars quintile Uranus
Uranus conjucnt Jupiter and both conjunct IC (I have lot of weird ideas, people often ask me to fix this and that. I am actually good at small electrical things. I have never done physics)
Venus quintile Jupiter (somehow luck does find me sometime)
Mercury quintile AC (I am good at pretending as a smarty!!)
Saturn biquintile MC (I am a hard worker and very blessed at work;))

miquar

Hi tsmall. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can. Pluto symbolises primal survival instincts - the sense of jungle law, survival of the fittest. Ultimately its a collective symbol, like Uranus and Neptune, and is concerned with the survival of the species or tribe. But it brings a life-death intensity to the personal of chart factors which it touches. Mars opposite Saturn obviously has fears that the will won't be strong enough to conquer life's obstacles, including those imposed by authority figures. So Mars in this chart is very sensitive to feeling thwarted. Pluto getting involved ups the stakes so that it becomes a felt as an issue of life or death. Pluto brings the wide Mars Saturn opposition together, too, by being in closer orbs to Mars and Saturn, though I don't think it quite squares the Mars/Saturn midpoint. The transformative power of Pluto feels very threatening to the ego, especially in a child. Some children would bury their will for fear of being destroyed or of destroying others. It seems that this child does not do that, but rather fights for her life where matters of will and autonomy are concerned. There is tremendous pride contained in this aspect (especially with Mars in fire in the 5th house) - we probably can hardly imagine how painful it would be for her to yield to the will of another. Hopefully at some point she will gradually learn this lesson, but what definitely won't help is heavy handed authority.

Moon in Aquarius usually instinctively responds in a detached and civilised manner, which is partly why I put about the strong social orientation. Its conjunction to Neptune suggests a deep yearning for a sense of belonging which I felt might cause her to suppress separating emotions like anger when I first saw the chart. Saturn and Venus in air are aware of the importance of civilised behaviour, especially in the 11th house, and the trine could be seen as creating a comfortable cussion of social inclusion out of these 4 planets. But it seems from what you've said that she does not suppress her anger in the name of inclusion and civility.

So two further thoughts come to mind about this configuration. One is that trines in air can be quite opinionated, and there are lots in this chart of course. The other is that Moon conjunct Neptune in the 7th might be angry that an anticipated perfect ideal of loving connectedness was not found to be manifest in the real world. I think the weight problem could back this idea up too. She may project Neptune and see others as weak and insufferable when compared to her preferred combative approach.

Sun in Cancer in the 12th is interesting. The Sun is the planet with the power to orchestrate the rest of the planets into a unified whole, conferring a capacity to find joy in being oneself and pursuing a unique destiny. With the Sun lost to the 12th, perhaps she lacks a sense of validity and worth that could loosen the grip of her combative reality. This placement could also contribute to the eating issues. The quincunx to a fiery Mars suggests that her sense of Solar weakness may nag at her, perhaps compelling her to prove her potency and autonomy, although on first seeing the chart I thought that it would contribute to suppressing the aggression of Mars.

Taking a long time to do things could be an act of defiance, rather than a distractedness, or perhaps she decides to indulge her curiosity just when someone needs her not to!

And I feel that Syd (sorry I've only just registered that this child is in your life and that the name has been included) just has to be heard. I get the sense that Syd will explode if her opinions aren't heard. Of course she needs boundaries too, and ultimately must enter the burning ground which the alchemists called the 'Calcinatio' so that these primitive desires for power and control can mature into a solid sense of self that can function in the world. But this will of course be a gradual process with Syd being only 10. In the mean time careful use of words, eg. 'Yes I can hear what you're saying. I'm not saying you're wrong. But today we need to do this. I'm sorry if that's frustrating for you. Will you help me plan things, please?' Obviously you'll know best how to communicate with her, and it won't work every time, but it might help.

One more thought - the Leo Ascendant may manifest as an awarness of how she wants to shine her light into the world but can't yet find it, so she performs to get attention instead??

I'm happy to carry on discussing Syd's chart, and don't mind debate/challenge also!

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
weirdly i have strong electricity through my body or something. i 'break' electric stuff, stops working, i can make light bulbs snap, etc.

Haha when electricals got broken. I just have to touch it!! Then is fixed! Occusionally. Lol That is why my colleagues always come to get me when silly things got broken......as a woman is a handy aspect to have if really what it supposes to do :eek: A lot of time, I function as a handy man at work...

But I think it also has something to do with Mercury.

princess valhalla

yes i know what you mean. i think i read somewhere it's like 'the midas touch.' LOL I fix stuff too but have to be careful cause I can break it too. maybe that aspect can manipulate electric energy or something!

poyi

Premium Member
Hi tsmall. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can. Pluto symbolises primal survival instincts - the sense of jungle law, survival of the fittest. Ultimately its a collective symbol, like Uranus and Neptune, concerned with the survival of the species or tribe. But it brings a life-death intensity to the personal of the parts which it touches. Mars opposite Saturn obviously has fears that the will won't be strong enough to conquer life's obstacles, including those imposed by authority figures. So Mars in this chart is very sensitive to feeling thwarted. Pluto getting involved ups the stakes so that it becomes a felt as an issue of life or death. Pluto brings the wide Mars Saturn opposition together, too, by being in closer orbs to Mars and Saturn, though I don't think it quite squares the Mars/Saturn midpoint. The transformative power of Pluto feels very threatening to the ego, especially in a child. Some children would bury their will for fear of being destroyed or of destroying others. It seems that this child does not do that, but rather fights for her life where matters of will and autonomy are concerned. There is tremendous pride contained in this aspect (especially with Mars in fire in the 5th house) - we probably can hardly imagine how painful it would be for her to yield to the will of another. Hopefully at some point she will gradually learn this lesson, but what definitely won't help is heavy handed authority.

Moon in Aquarius usually instinctively responds in a detached and civilised manner, which is partly why I put about the strong social orientation. Its conjunction to Neptune suggests a deep yearning for a sense of belonging which I felt might cause her to suppress separating emotions like anger when I first saw the chart. Saturn and Venus in air are aware of the importance of civilised behaviour, especially in the 11th house, and the trine could be seen as creating a comfortable cussion of social inclusion out of these 4 planets. But it seems from what you've said that she does not suppress her anger in the name of inclusion and civility.

So two further thoughts come to mind about this configuration. One is that trines in air can be quite opinionated, and there are lots in this chart of course. The other is that Moon conjunct Neptune in the 7th might be angry that an anticipated perfect ideal of loving connectedness was not found to be manifest in the real world. I think the weight problem could back this idea up too. She may project Neptune and see others as weak and insufferable when compared to her preferred combative approach.

Sun in Cancer in the 12th is interesting. The Sun is the planet with the power to orchestrate the rest of the planets into a unified whole, conferring a capacity to find joy in being oneself and pursuing a unique destiny. With the Sun lost to the 12th, perhaps she lacks a sense of validity and worth that could loosen the grip of her combative reality. This placement could also contribute to the eating issues. The quincunx to a fiery Mars suggests that her sense of Solar weakness may nag at her, perhaps compelling her to prove her potency and autonomy, although on first seeing the chart I thought that it would contribute to suppressing the aggression of Mars.

Taking a long time to do things could be an act of defiance, rather than a distractedness, or perhaps she decides to indulge her curiosity just when someone needs her not to!

And I feel that Syd (sorry I've only just registered that this child is in your life and that the name has been included) just has to be heard. I get the sense that Syd will explode if her opinions aren't heard. Of course she needs boundaries too, and ultimately must enter the burning ground which the alchemists called the 'Calcinatio' so that these primitive desires for power and control can mature into a solid sense of self that can function in the world. But this will of course be a gradual process with Syd being only 10. In the mean time careful use of words, eg. 'Yes I can hear what you're saying. I'm not saying you're wrong. But today we need to do this. I'm sorry if that's frustrating for you. Will you help me plan things, please?' Obviously you'll know best how to communicate with her, and it won't work every time, but it might help.

One more thought - the Leo Ascendant may manifest as an awarness of how she wants to shine her light into the world but can't yet find it, so she performs to get attention instead??

I'm happy to carry on discussing Syd's chart, and don't mind debate/challenge also!

To tsmall

I hope my previous posts didn't upset you. If I do please forgive me.

I agree with what miquar said here. I haven't got much concentration to read your child's chart, have been doing counselling for other thread and friend in the last few days. But I do worry about your child and miquar stated the points here better than me. It is my feeling of the chart.....extra care is required also teenage years coming also. Then the North node returns at about 18 as well.

The ruler of 12th Moon Inconjunct with North Node. Perhaps emotionally, unconsciousnessly she really does experiencing some feeling of blockage to express her Ego not only having Sun in the 12th but also the ruler Inconjunct the goal of this life time NN.

Moon in the angular house 7th and where Part of Fortune is.
Moon receives two trines from Venus and Saturn. And POF receives two trines from Jupiter and Mercury. The external circumstance being bought in by these two planets will bring her happiness. Trine is outside experiences a good authority figure Saturn or perhaps an Art teacher Venus will benefit her. 7th house is one to one relationship, you would find her happiness with one to one partnership not necessary love but an important person. Jupiter is biquintile Moon. I would think focusing on the positive energy that the Moon receives would be a good start on looking for solution.

POF in Aquarius demands enlightenment and individual awareness of the unique self. There is a great desire to know everthing and to be with the universe, happiness should come from these understandings of self and the surroundings. So anything that could sitmulate her mind and encourage individuality would be greatly benefitical to her. especially having so many air elements, required adequent mental situmulation and lack of water element while Sun is unaspected as the only water element. She properly really is working on her compensating system of lacking water element.

Take care
Po yi

By all means I hate using iPhone to reply.....

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I am reading a book, Karmic Astrology: Volume III Joy and The Part of Fortune, Martin Schulman.

Part of fortune in the 7th house:
"Here the individual's greatest joy comes through others. This is one of the most spiritual and unique placements for the part of fortune because the part of impersonal consciousness falls in the first house of self-identity. The individual is living an impersonal indentity which only becomes personal when he is in the presence of others."

So the quest seems to be first gaining understand of own uniqueness and then through the presence of other, she would reach her highest fulfillment in life.

My sister has part of fortune in her 7th housr, she had great relationship with teachers, manager/boss at work and she has a really really good husband. Her fulfillment of having a family of her own after being abused as a child was completed through the relationship with her husband. Her husband protects her like a father, brother and husband all in one.

"Luck and good fortune will always come through people in this person's life, the individual is one of the few who is sincerely happiest when all he does and thinks is devoted to pleasing the person he loves. This is the soul's sincere desire, and it precedence over all other desires that the balance of the chart may indicate."

So no matter how many challenging aspects in the chart, the key, the forever most important Key is the Part of Fortune where the Sun, Moon and ascendant are in harmony. We should examine the condition of the ruler.

The POF, the wealth of each person can own in his or her life. She has several trines from benefit planets. Her luck will come easily without too much difficult situation and it will also come earlier in life.

I feel happy just reading all the positive messenges from this book :)

From the same book:

"....To you who have known sufferings, may your burdens be lighter....

....To you who have carved deep into the well of sorrow may joy now fill it...."

There is always something positive; there is always something good to be found; there is always something that keeps us alive and rejoice. :)

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi miquar, I am interested in discussing more. I will have more time for a better reply later tonight, I hope.

I am reading a book, Karmic Astrology: Volume III Joy and The Part of Fortune, Martin Schulman.

Part of fortune in the 7th house:
"Here the individual's greatest joy comes through others. This is one of the most spiritual and unique placements for the part of fortune because the part of impersonal consciousness falls in the first house of self-identity. The individual is living an impersonal indentity which only becomes personal when he is in the presence of others."

So the quest seems to be first gaining understand of own uniqueness and then through the presence of other, she would reach her highest fulfillment in life. ..

"Luck and good fortune will always come through people in this person's life, the individual is one of the few who is sincerely happiest when all he does and thinks is devoted to pleasing the person he loves. This is the soul's sincere desire, and it precedence over all other desires that the balance of the chart may indicate."

So no matter how many challenging aspects in the chart, the key, the forever most important Key is the Part of Fortune where the Sun, Moon and ascendant are in harmony. We should examine the condition of the ruler.

The POF, the wealth of each person can own in his or her life. She has several trines from benefit planets. Her luck will come easily without too much difficult situation and it will also come earlier in life.

I feel happy just reading all the positive messenges from this book :)

From the same book:

"....To you who have known sufferings, may your burdens be lighter....

....To you who have carved deep into the well of sorrow may joy now fill it...."

There is always something positive; there is always something good to be found; there is always something that keeps us alive and rejoice. :)

po yi, I am glad that this book makes you happy. I only had time to quickly glance at it on Amazon, but it looks like the author is using the Placidus house system. This will definately change the house placement of the PoF for using the interpretations the author gives. Sydney's PoF is in 8th in Placidus, not 7th. :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
po yi, I am glad that this book makes you happy. I only had time to quickly glance at it on Amazon, but it looks like the author is using the Placidus house system. This will definately change the house placement of the PoF for using the interpretations the author gives. Sydney's PoF is in 8th in Placidus, not 7th. :smile:

Never mind :( more typing!!! It is Placidus. Sigh! everyone should use whole sign IMO! But my sister does have it in 7th :)

For the 8th house, that is a VERY different story.
"This individual will reach his greatest joy through what is bestowed upon him by others....This person examines the values of others, desiring to know what it is that other people treasure so much. The more he can discover and apply these external values to his personal life, the richer his experience becomes."

"The dearest possessions for this individual should be values which are real and everlasting. That which has outlived its usefulness and meaning must be released. This is not an easy lesson to learn"

"He is seeking a personal legacy. Whether it comes in the form of money, ideas, new values, enrichment of sexuality or the conscious fulfillment of the Essenes of his being, he must come to understanding that he is not an island unto himself. Because his greatest personal fortune will always come through another person, he must learn humility and know that the values he chooses to expres mag ultimately beess valuable than those given to him by other."

This sounds very tricky to me to be unique like Aquarius but she must not be possessive of her own values...but to Open and allows herself to foreign ideas and value system that will then regenerate her soul.

Goodness this is so complicated for me....

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi miquar, I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this post. I posted my comments in a different color with yours because it's easier than multiquoting.

Hi tsmall. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can. Pluto symbolises primal survival instincts - the sense of jungle law, survival of the fittest. Ultimately its a collective symbol, like Uranus and Neptune, and is concerned with the survival of the species or tribe. But it brings a life-death intensity to the personal of chart factors which it touches. A couple of questions here? First, what is your opinion as to which planets constitute personal chart factors? I ask because some modern astrologers only count Pluto as being personalized when aspecting the lights, while others seem to include it's aspects to all the planets between the Sun and Earth (Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus) and still others include everything out to Uranus. Secondly, I remember reading a long while back that often we don't see the effects of the outer planets until after the native has experienced their Saturn return. Something about the lead sheild of Saturn protecting them?

Mars opposite Saturn obviously has fears that the will won't be strong enough to conquer life's obstacles, including those imposed by authority figures. So Mars in this chart is very sensitive to feeling thwarted. That's an interesting analysis of the aspect. Is that a general idea of Mars opposing Saturn? i.e. the fear or uncertainty that the obstacles will be difficult to overcome? As to "sensitivity," do we want to consider that Aquarian Moon in this instance? I'm looking at that retro Mars in mutable fire, giving it heat and volitility (mutable) and a level of "unpredictableness" that might have a hard time knowing when and how it is and is not appropriate to express itself. Saturn in this case seems to have the upper hand so to speak, because it is in a stronger positon--in sect, rising, and the triplicity ruler of all her Gemini planets, as well as the ruler of her Moon. What's more, it is by far the most dignified planet in her chart as both the Lord of the Geniture and Almuten of the Figure. So Mars in this case is sensitive to having his will thwarted, and acts out in temper, but with Saturn in strong position, the opposition could indicate a need to balance restraint with action, with Saturn's restraint ultimately able to "win?" Saturn represents time as well as authority, so perhaps given enough "time" she will learn how to internalize the ability to do this balancing for herself, and channel that Martian energy into more creative persuits?

Pluto getting involved ups the stakes so that it becomes a felt as an issue of life or death. Pluto brings the wide Mars Saturn opposition together, too, by being in closer orbs to Mars and Saturn, though I don't think it quite squares the Mars/Saturn midpoint. The transformative power of Pluto feels very threatening to the ego, especially in a child. Some children would bury their will for fear of being destroyed or of destroying others. It seems that this child does not do that, but rather fights for her life where matters of will and autonomy are concerned. There is tremendous pride contained in this aspect (especially with Mars in fire in the 5th house) - we probably can hardly imagine how painful it would be for her to yield to the will of another. Hopefully at some point she will gradually learn this lesson, but what definitely won't help is heavy handed authority. I absolutely agree about heavy handed authority, but it has to depend on what the definition of "heavy handed" is. In Sydney's case, this aspect seems to be saying that any authority that opposes her will she will see as being heavy handed, but that the authority/restriction/responsibility Saturn gives is what will help her control her anger. I'm not so sure about the fighting for her life part, or the idea that we can't imagine how emotionally painful these encounters are for her. It sounds a bit like you are describing the fight/flight syndrom here, which makes some sense. As far as reacting when her will is being challenged, I see that sensitivity of "will" coming from her Cancer Sun, and even though the modern aspect showing between Sun and Mars is an inconjunction (which traditionally we would consider as the inability to witness each other,) as I pointed out earlier Cancer and Sag have the ablility to "hear" each other. So Mars "hears" the Sun, and reacts accordingly. That they hear and don't see could indicate why even she can't consciously explain why she gets so mad and reacts the way she does.

Moon in Aquarius usually instinctively responds in a detached and civilised manner, which is partly why I put about the strong social orientation. Its conjunction to Neptune suggests a deep yearning for a sense of belonging which I felt might cause her to suppress separating emotions like anger when I first saw the chart. Saturn and Venus in air are aware of the importance of civilised behaviour, especially in the 11th house, and the trine could be seen as creating a comfortable cussion of social inclusion out of these 4 planets. But it seems from what you've said that she does not suppress her anger in the name of inclusion and civility. This made me laugh, not because of what you have said, but because of Sydney. I think her Moon in Aqua does make her detached to a certain extent, in that things that would bother another child just roll right off her. As far as social inclusion goes, she does want to be included, but often has trouble distinguishing what would be considered socially appropriate behavior for that which would not. (Think manners here.) It's as though she is who she is, and is ok with the idea that other people might not like her. Like I said, she marches to the beat of her own drummer.

So two further thoughts come to mind about this configuration. One is that trines in air can be quite opinionated, and there are lots in this chart of course. The other is that Moon conjunct Neptune in the 7th might be angry that an anticipated perfect ideal of loving connectedness was not found to be manifest in the real world. I think the weight problem could back this idea up too. She may project Neptune and see others as weak and insufferable when compared to her preferred combative approach. I'm not so sure she see others as week, though I know for a fact she finds her sisters insufferable. ;)

Sun in Cancer in the 12th is interesting. The Sun is the planet with the power to orchestrate the rest of the planets into a unified whole, conferring a capacity to find joy in being oneself and pursuing a unique destiny. With the Sun lost to the 12th, perhaps she lacks a sense of validity and worth that could loosen the grip of her combative reality. This placement could also contribute to the eating issues. The quincunx to a fiery Mars suggests that her sense of Solar weakness may nag at her, perhaps compelling her to prove her potency and autonomy, although on first seeing the chart I thought that it would contribute to suppressing the aggression of Mars. I wanted to take a second here just to say that her weight issues are not as a result of over eating but rather genetics. Sure, she enjoys food, and cooking (which she has recently started learning to do) but she does not eat anymore than her sisters, and they do not have weight problems. I wrote a whole blog post about it elsewhere, but there is something (perhaps a detrimented Jupiter ruling a retro Mars) that both causes her to be what we consider overweight and reduces her stamina for physical exercise. I say this because even when she was a toddler she didn't have the energy most children that age do. When other kids want to run and jump and just go, she would tire very easily.

Taking a long time to do things could be an act of defiance, rather than a distractedness, or perhaps she decides to indulge her curiosity just when someone needs her not to! I absolutely believe it is the second and not the first. She isn't a particularly defiant child, though the teen years are coming, but rather she wants to stop and look at everything. That Gemini mind is very easily distracted. :)

And I feel that Syd (sorry I've only just registered that this child is in your life and that the name has been included) just has to be heard. I get the sense that Syd will explode if her opinions aren't heard. Of course she needs boundaries too, and ultimately must enter the burning ground which the alchemists called the 'Calcinatio' so that these primitive desires for power and control can mature into a solid sense of self that can function in the world. But this will of course be a gradual process with Syd being only 10. In the mean time careful use of words, eg. 'Yes I can hear what you're saying. I'm not saying you're wrong. But today we need to do this. I'm sorry if that's frustrating for you. Will you help me plan things, please?' Obviously you'll know best how to communicate with her, and it won't work every time, but it might help. You are absolutely correct here.

One more thought - the Leo Ascendant may manifest as an awarness of how she wants to shine her light into the world but can't yet find it, so she performs to get attention instead?? Yes, and who knows, maybe she'll be a rock star for real.

tsmall

Premium Member
To tsmall

I hope my previous posts didn't upset you. If I do please forgive me.

I agree with what miquar said here. I haven't got much concentration to read your child's chart, have been doing counseling for other thread and friend in the last few days. But I do worry about your child and miquar stated the points here better than me. It is my feeling of the chart.....extra care is required also teenage years coming also. Then the North node returns at about 18 as well.

The ruler of 12th Moon Inconjunct with North Node. Perhaps emotionally, unconsciousnessly she really does experiencing some feeling of blockage to express her Ego not only having Sun in the 12th but also the ruler Inconjunct the goal of this life time NN.

Moon in the angular house 7th and where Part of Fortune is.
Moon receives two trines from Venus and Saturn. And POF receives two trines from Jupiter and Mercury. The external circumstance being bought in by these two planets will bring her happiness. Trine is outside experiences a good authority figure Saturn or perhaps an Art teacher Venus will benefit her. 7th house is one to one relationship, you would find her happiness with one to one partnership not necessary love but an important person. Jupiter is biquintile Moon. I would think focusing on the positive energy that the Moon receives would be a good start on looking for solution.

POF in Aquarius demands enlightenment and individual awareness of the unique self. There is a great desire to know everthing and to be with the universe, happiness should come from these understandings of self and the surroundings. So anything that could sitmulate her mind and encourage individuality would be greatly benefitical to her. especially having so many air elements, required adequent mental situmulation and lack of water element while Sun is unaspected as the only water element. She properly really is working on her compensating system of lacking water element.

Take care
Po yi

By all means I hate using iPhone to reply.....

Po yi, I just wanted to say that you can't upset me about my children. Anything you, or any one else, might post is nothing compared to the fears a mother can entertain in the dark of the night.

Regarding her chart...tropically, she has plenty of water. Remember that Cancer Sun? That is not only the vital life force in the chart, it is the "I Am." Sun in water lacks water? I think not. If this tropical chart lacks anything, it's earth and grounding. But again, we need to consider that well placed Saturn, which rules an earth house (Capricorn, her 6th...funny that. Capricorn is the exaltation of her volitile Mars, and the 6th is his joy...) and a pretty well placed Venus (magnifying that seriously cool Saturn) ruling Taurus/10th. The caution here is to make sure that when we ask a question of the chart, we look to the answer for the specific question. Astrology, like medicine, says that when you hear hoofbeats, first think of horses, not zebras.

poyi

Premium Member
Po yi, I just wanted to say that you can't upset me about my children. Anything you, or any one else, might post is nothing compared to the fears a mother can entertain in the dark of the night.

Regarding her chart...tropically, she has plenty of water. Remember that Cancer Sun? That is not only the vital life force in the chart, it is the "I Am." Sun in water lacks water? I think not. If this tropical chart lacks anything, it's earth and grounding. But again, we need to consider that well placed Saturn, which rules an earth house (Capricorn, her 6th...funny that. Capricorn is the exaltation of her volitile Mars, and the 6th is his joy...) and a pretty well placed Venus (magnifying that seriously cool Saturn) ruling Taurus/10th. The caution here is to make sure that when we ask a question of the chart, we look to the answer for the specific question. Astrology, like medicine, says that when you hear hoofbeats, first think of horses, not zebras.

In that case, I don't think I can offer much help then. :smile:

miquar

Hi tsmall. Thanks for all the feedback and biographical information. I'll try and answer the questions.

Pluto's aspects can be felt to the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn from birth, and of course the angles. I've no idea where the person you refer to got this idea that we don't feel them til after the Saturn return. Although we feel the effects of Saturn from birth also, the first cycle of Saturn is when we are gradually building that shield as transiting Saturn touches all the points of the chart. When transiting Saturn makes significant aspects to its natal position, we take stock of what kind of shield we have built so far, checking to see if we have the right balance between self-determination and openness to life, or in words a self-determination that is based on integrity rather than fear.

Yes, Mars in any hard aspect to Saturn (and the conjunction should also be considered a hard aspect when it involves Mars with Saturn) suggests a fear of inadequacy and humiliation around the assertion of will, usually accompanied by either a reluctance to try to pursue one's goals or a pronounced drive to impose one's will on the world. It is indeed part of Syd's life path to find a balance between the expression of her will and a healthy acceptance of limitations, but the opposition suggests a predisposition to perceive these two things as being irreconcilable initially. So Mars will get frustrated and angry because Syd sees authority as being in conflict with her will, and at the same time this aspect means that expressing her will feels of vital importance in the establishing and preserving of the self (to borrow Arroyo's Saturn keywords for Saturn). So yes, I would agree that the right kinds of boundaries are essential if Syd is to see how Mars and Saturn can work together.

Saturn could be seen as having the upper hand in this case, but this Mars is clearly putting up a fight, this being not surprising with the Mars being conjunct Pluto. It can't be a case of waiting for Saturn to win a battle with Mars. Of all the planets Mars especially cannot function in a healthy way if it feels that another planet has won over it. It will always fight its corner in some level. it has to be a genuine reconciliation of Mars and Saturn in the long term - as you say, she needs to balance the energies within herself.

I don't understand terms such as geniture and almuten.

Moon in Aquarius is certainly sensitive to having its freedom taken away.

Yes I guess it is like the fight or flight syndrome, which is ruled by Mars along with adrenalin. And Pluto is the higher octave of Mars, adding to this. When people react very strongly to anything, they do so because they see the world in such a way that the to not react in this way is very frightening and feels very threatening psychologically if not physically. 'Life-death' is a very strong phrase I guess, but Pluto often does tend to feel very intense.

I think the Sun being in the 12th house may slow down the rate at which Syd is able to orchestrate and account for her various conflicting energies. It also suggests that the Sun in Cancer energy needs to be somehow rescued from a state of limbo in the family/ancestral psyche as a whole, and that it has fallen to Syd to work with this during her lifetime. I think the Sun and Mars could have a very creative relationship - this Sun needs help from a bold Mars because it is heavily camouflaged by its sign and house placements. As you say, Mars is retrograde, which could also be relevant.

I'll have to go now, but I'll come back to the rest of your post later...

miquar

With regard to Syd's weight and lack of physical energy, have you ever had her thyroid gland checked? Slow metabolism and lack of energy can both be symptoms of an underactive thyroid gland.

Thanks for the feedback about the defiance/curiosity - I guess it is a very Geminian chart. In fact Poyi could be onto something when she talks about lack of water. Since air and water represent opposite ways of evaluating the world, the very strong emphasis on air, plus the water planet being in the 12th house and making no major aspects, could mean that her capacity to adapt to life through feeling has not been used and developed anywhere near as much as her thinking function. Although the Sun describes our most essential values and sense of individuality, it is not a given. We all have to strive to develop the Sun, and when the Sun is a singleton by element, with the opposite element being extremely strong, and when the Sun is in the 12th making no major aspects, it may take a while for the Sun to shine through.

The Cancer planet, the Moon, is in air, and so is the 4th cusp, so this also brings a tendency to intellectualise feelings. The aspects of Neptune to some of the airy planets may help to some extent, but I do see water in this chart as being potentially quite difficult to coax out. She will have feelings of course, as we all do. Its just that she won't tend to trust them as a way of dealing with the world in the way she will trust her thought processes.

North Node in Cancer in the 12th house does add to the Sun's placement here, suggesting a need to develop her feeling life, but the South Node in Capricorn in the 6th suggests that her line of least resistance will be to try to keep the chaotic and diffuse world of feelings under control. Transiting Neptune trining the North Node, starting next year, may help Syd to develop her North Node's watery nature.

Hope this is of some help. Let me know if I can try and clarify anything else, or if you have any feedback to help ground my speculations.

Last edited: