Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Pisces

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

EJ53

Banned
...If you are emotionally unattached then by it's defination you cannot be sincere about the human condition......

And those who insist upon being emotionally attached cannot by definition be sincere about improving the human condition......

Humanitarians feel the emotional pain of the human condition but consciously detach from it......thus remaining clear-thinking enough to do something positive to help.

......You cannot be objectively humanitarian without first understanding the human condition which in turn cannot be done without emotional understanding which aquarius sorely lacks.

Sadly, it's the other signs that sometimes lack the awareness to recognise the highly developed emotional understanding of Aquarius.

[Btw......Can anyone explain why this thread has been posted under "astrological humour"?:biggrin:]

EJ

R4VEN

Thanks, EJ for bringing this thread back to the point.....................

My Mercury `research', using my siblings and myself as a sample space:
Sibling #1: Mercury in Libra: can talk when buried under the earth's crust to a depth of 5 km (I haven't tried, but I'm certain it's true!!)
Sibling #2: Mercury in Aries: is always right - just ask him, and he'll tell you, but will not listen for your reply, cos he just doesn't care - cos he's right, right?
Sibling #3: Mercury in Capricorn: the thinker of the family; very serious and philosophical, solves the bulk of the world's problems while on the tractor.
Me: Mercury in Leo: now you're talking! This is about me, right? Do you have a mirror handy? Have you seen my latest manuscript/drawing/sculpture? No? Then I'll show you..................no - I'll describe them to you.. you'll just love it.......................................
:crying:

GreenMist

Banned
My Mercury in Cancer feels compassion for GreenMist, because he (with his Aries Mercury :devil: ) has embarked in a war against all without truly analysing the different angles...and consequences. :whistling: :biggrin:

Templeton, we must forgive him, now it seems his grand hero is a Gemini. :unsure: :biggrin:

GreenMist, this thread was about Mercury, not about Aquarians, emotions or humanitarism...if you go on with that line, some other Aries Mercury (or whatever Mars) might feel compelled to reply. :wink:

I made a simple comment about the placement of mercury in aquarius not being exactly ideal for humanitarianism. Even with a sun pisces the communicative style of mer in aqua , and the ideas it is likely to bring forth and advocate in relation to humanitarianism are dubious.

I am sure mer in aqu is great for originality and inventivness but I don't like their "ideals" concerning humanity. They are just too detached, sorry :sad:

This thread is about the best sign that mercury works in. That would be aries :rightful:

GreenMist

Banned
And those who insist upon being emotionally attached cannot by definition be sincere about improving the human condition......

Humanitarians feel the emotional pain of the human condition but consciously detach from it......thus remaining clear-thinking enough to do something positive to help.

Sadly, it's the other signs that sometimes lack the awareness to recognise the highly developed emotional understanding of Aquarius.

[Btw......Can anyone explain why this thread has been posted under "astrological humour"?:biggrin:]

EJ

I disagree, aqua has a complete inability to feel emotional pain, and don't have to choose to detach. Any genuine emotional understanding doesn't allow for detachment on demand.

IF you care and understand humanity your emotions will be what they are, there can't be a choice involved, otherwise it's insincere.

You can feel the emotions of humanity and be clear thinking, but aqua simply can't do this honestly.

GreenMist

Banned
Hey cool Haize, you have the same Sun and Mercury placements as I do.:love:
Let's get married:smile:
But you should really try and move way from that kind of compassionate thinking. Being nice to people is really outdated and silly.

Oh, you don't have to worry about that. He knows I'm just teasing him. The back and forth heckling is just for fun. We're actually going to be appearing as contestants on the third season of Tool Academy. I fully expect to be the winner and prove that I am in fact, a bigger tool than he is. But I'm sure he will give me a good run for my money. :devil:

There is a point to this thread? :eek:
Now, why didn't you tell me beforehand, I would have steered clear had I known that...;)

Anyway, to finally put this debate to a rest once and for all, I've gone through the trouble of revising my "Which Mercury is the Best" rankings.

Bestest Mercury Signs
1. Mercury in Cancer
2. Mercury in Scorpio
3. Mercury in Daffy Duck
96. Mercury in Python
97. Mercury in Aries
98. Mercury in Pink Lemonade

As you can clearly see, Mercury in Aries is currently ranked---> in 97th place, nowhere near the best. These are very scientific rankings whose results have been corroborated by the world's leading experts. :)

Now can we finally move on to some more meaningful discussion, like what kind of lingerie do you think would look good on a rat? Anybody?

The day I need compassion from a rat is the day I need a hole in the head :biggrin:

Selene

Mercury in Aries! Quick wit and thought. Only challenge can be a sharp tongue.

The only thing that frustrates me about Mercury in Taurus is that they're usually slow talkers, doesn't mesh well with my mile-a-minute speech.

GreenMist

Banned
Why?

Why?

If you have emotional understanding, care for the situation, you cannot automatically turn on and off your feelings.

It's like seeing a disaster where people get killed and you feel sorry for them therefore you want to help as you can understand their situation on that basis. If you could simply decide to turn of your feelings for them, then those feelings in the first place cannot be sincere as they are based on imagination/theory rather than genuine understanding.

Basically the idea of aqua humanitarianism is ego based.

GreenMist

Banned
It's more complex than that, as you know a birth chart is more than just sun or mer.

However, generally it is a sign that is detached and at home in the world of the intellect and a sign that avoids emotions or understanding in that regard.

From my observation of people with especially sun in aqua they tend to so much to feel emotions but rather analyse a situation. I am sorry but that's the vibe they give off, that's how I know. :biggrin:

GreenMist

Banned
:biggrin: :love: :wink:

It's normal if you don't understand Aquarian mode. You can see it like this: Aquarius exists in a wavelength and Pisces in another.

I also have a difficult time understanding Water people. They are strange creatures. :biggrin:

I like to think I do understand aquarius:happy:.

You see that's the problem, maybe when you see them as people and not creatures you might have some genuine humanitarianism in you :wink:

carrotcake

I disagree, aqua has a complete inability to feel emotional pain

How would you know? If you don't have the aquarius mercury you are speaking of then how would you know how someone with that mercury feels? It sounds presumptuous.

[Mod edit - to fix the quote]

Last edited by a moderator: