lone wolf syndrome

MantisReligiosa

well, I am a partial lone wolf. I actually always wanted to have close friends, but seem terrible at relating. I guess the main problem is that, first of all, every time I got close to forming friendships I started to realize that relationships are a lot of work and require lots of maintenance..as in..you cannot simply not answer the phone for several months cause you're going through one of your Piscean "cannot even mutter a word, cause I'm so ******* far in my head" moods, which I often go through..
And second of all, cause I just feel I cannot be fully accepted for who I am, and don't have the time/energy to focus on maintaining an "image".

That being said, I often times do enjoy solitary activities, and always have, like long walks, listening to music, watching movies, reading, cooking, drawing, writing, swimming etc..but there are also those activities I love which require a partner, like tennis, scrabble, going on vacations(somehow, going somewhere by myself doesn't motivate me to get off my couch at all) and which make me feel ****** about not having any close relationships.

Overall, though, I'd say I deal with being alone quite well, compared to most people I've met. In fact, all of them. I don't know of anyone else who spent nearly 2 months of high school summer vacation inside their homes...

In my chart, I have some pretty annoying Saturn and Pluto influences, although small and numerous, not too dramatic.
I have Saturn-Neptune tightly conjunct in Capricorn, in my 4th house. Both trine my ascendant(7 degree orb, though) and sextile my Venus.
both are part of serious planetary pictures involving my sun, ascendant, and venus.
I have Saturn-Neptune/Moon-Mars-Jupiter=Sun..so that's a total of 6 planetary pictures involving either Saturn or Neptune and my Sun. Since they are conjunct my Sun, they also oppose my Asc.

And I also have Venus/Saturn-Neptune=Pluto.

I'd say the need for socializing comes from sun-venus conjunct, both conjunct DC(venus in the 6th house, though)

Neptune Rising

Interesting thread, I may be a lone wolf. I don't like crowds either, maybe because of Neptune rising, I'm just too sensitive to all those energies around me. I am generally calm in a crowd, I centre myself in my heart, but still I prefer not to be in crowds if I can help it. My career is also quite 'lone wolf' at times, teaching yoga, meditation etc. I do network with other teachers but pretty much a solitary experience, except when I'm interacting in the classes. I'm an only child, so I'm used to this. Used to play in my room, play on my own outside. I'd play with other kids at school, but alot of times I was by myself. I remember, as a kid, one of the parents comment on how grown up I was. Sun in Capricorn, 2nd house. Moon in Pisces trine Saturn in Cancer, 7th house. Pluto conjunct MC, Neptune conjunct ascendant. Mercury/Venus in Aquarius, maybe I was too odd, (trine Pluto) and too deep for much company around me.

It maybe, my Sun in Capricorn, ruler Saturn in Cancer, is square Pluto... not the lightest of energies to have, and Saturn is in the 7th house. I think its my karmic lesson to be a lone wolf, to understand with all my being, what it is.

As an adult, I used to hang out with a crowd, they'd go to pubs etc. I got to a stage where I outgrew that, needing to be with company for the sake of it. Now, I choose the friends I hang out with more carefully, for quality and a real connection. Maybe thats the Venus (ruler of 5th, 6th, 10th)/Mercury (ruler of 7th and 9th) in Aquarius trine Pluto in Libra in my chart, I need a real connection for any real satisfaction, otherwise I get bored. So I'd rather be a lone wolf than have lots of superficial connections.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Well! Did I meet the king of lone wolves last night!! :whistling:

So last night I met someone who was quite reserved and self-contained. The nature of our connection was a liason. Talking to him, it became clear that he was ruthlessly ambitious, I more than met my match. He had such a steely metal to him. He only once every few months checks in with the rest of humanity via a liason. How about that?! It's a very imbalanced approach to life from my perspective, the emotional detachment, barriers, and ignoring relationships in lieu of wealth and power...yikes! This guy was icey, Frosty the Snowman!! :sick:

I didn't ask him about his astrology, I try to leave that to much later when knowing someone; too much thinking beforehand otherwise!!

Munch

Hey Neptune! I wonder if Pluto in Libra all on its own adds a great deal to the 'need' to have very real relationships and not just ones constructed upon proximity.

If I am not mistaken, Pluto would inhabit your 11th house of organizations, clubs and the like. Am I correct?

Neptune Rising

Hey Neptune! I wonder if Pluto in Libra all on its own adds a great deal to the 'need' to have very real relationships and not just ones constructed upon proximity.

If I am not mistaken, Pluto would inhabit your 11th house of organizations, clubs and the like. Am I correct?

Hi Munch!

I think your right there, with Pluto in Libra, totally describes my need for very real relationships. I think its trine to Venus intensifies it.

My Pluto is at the midheaven, right at the top of the chart conjunct the 10th cusp. My chart is in the signature. How I present myself to the world? That, along with a Neptune ascendant, lol, I've found I just cannot connect with alot of people, on a personal level. I quite often find people look away first when I'm looking at them in the eyes while talking to them. Ironically, its great when I teach, I seem to convey clearly (usually) what I mean and feel.

Though, that lonely Pluto longing is in me, to really connect with someone. I have made a deep connections with a few people but on an intimate relationship level, nothing lasting. Though, I did have a platonic relationship with a man for 10 years, it was almost like a marriage without the intimacy. He was a real soul mate, the deepest connection I've had. So now I'm working with patience to try to see if I have this connection with myself.

Last edited:

whatfor

I know these observations may sound a bit Pluto/Saturny, but then it is in the air right now anyway, possibly. Hopefully this time, the Uranus factor to the coming t-square will demand genuine community that does not involve any kind of big-brother social control.

I'm a loner for the most part. I have an active 12,11,10th with Saturn in the 4th. Scorpio a/c with Neptune and Uranus, Pluto in the 10. It would seem that a strong Saturn with Neptune in the 12 tends to make loners. I am not aware of any Scorpio a/c with Neptune that does not have some issues with the public. Could be wrong.

appleberry

* elevated Saturn in the chart (by sign or by house disposition)
* Saturn as ruler of 5th or 7th
* Saturn elevated + aspecting Moon by trine/sextile
* Jupiter in Capricorn and/or in the 12th
* Mercury in Sagittarius and Venus in Capricorn or Aquarius
* Grand Trine in water signs

I'm a lone wolf.
- I have Gemini Saturn in the 9th conjunct MC.
- Aquarius plus my 5th, so traditional ruler is Saturn.
- 12th ruled by Virgo/Jupiter in Pisces.
- Mercury in Pisces (conjunct Jupiter).
- Venus in Aquarius.
- 2 grand trine but mixed water/air. One is Saturn/Mercury/Uranus. The other Saturn/Jupiter/Uranus.

I think ur on to something...

Last edited:

Munch

Hi Munch!

I think your right there, with Pluto in Libra, totally describes my need for very real relationships. I think its trine to Venus intensifies it.

My Pluto is at the midheaven, right at the top of the chart conjunct the 10th cusp. My chart is in the signature. How I present myself to the world? That, along with a Neptune ascendant, lol, I've found I just cannot connect with alot of people, on a personal level. I quite often find people look away first when I'm looking at them in the eyes while talking to them. Ironically, its great when I teach, I seem to convey clearly (usually) what I mean and feel.

Though, that lonely Pluto longing is in me, to really connect with someone. I have made a deep connections with a few people but on an intimate relationship level, nothing lasting. Though, I did have a platonic relationship with a man for 10 years, it was almost like a marriage without the intimacy. He was a real soul mate, the deepest connection I've had. So now I'm working with patience to try to see if I have this connection with myself.

Interesting! I use whole signs which of course, puts your Pluto in Libra in your 11th house of groups and associations. The thing that really drives this home for me is that your MC is the same no matter what, so when I read your chart, I see that you have that strong need for social interactions in a birds of a feather sort of way. It's literally what you aspire to and are meant to do. It's also amongst one of your greatest hopes or wishes (11th house).

Either chart that you use, shows the same thing. You NEED people in a very REAL way. :)

I'd add that you have a hard square from your 8th house (whole signs) Saturn in Capricorn. I wonder if you find yourself doubting other people's intentions, or if you pick up on vibes and possibly misinterpret them, thus throwing up a bit of a wall. I could see how you might feel like other people don't really understand you.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Interesting! I use whole signs which of course, puts your Pluto in Libra in your 11th house of groups and associations. The thing that really drives this home for me is that your MC is the same no matter what, so when I read your chart, I see that you have that strong need for social interactions in a birds of a feather sort of way. It's literally what you aspire to and are meant to do. It's also amongst one of your greatest hopes or wishes (11th house).

Either chart that you use, shows the same thing. You NEED people in a very REAL way. :)

I'd add that you have a hard square from your 8th house (whole signs) Saturn in Capricorn. I wonder if you find yourself doubting other people's intentions, or if you pick up on vibes and possibly misinterpret them, thus throwing up a bit of a wall. I could see how you might feel like other people don't really understand you.

Wow thanks Munch, that is interesting! Yes I feel that is the case, I do need people but in a genuine way. Maybe its because I am honest, caring and have had that turned on me in the past. Interesting that you mention the Saturn in Cancer square Pluto in Libra. Well, I have had encounters, in the past, with quite powerful people, but I think because I wasn't grounded as I am now, I was taken advantage of, more than once. Someone I met in a spiritualist place told me my aura was too open, at that time. At that time, I also drew a very strange force towards me, but went through it eventually and let it (and that person) go. So now, I do tend to put up a bit of a wall when I sense I'm in similar situations, in personal situations, which maybe's why I'm quite lone wolf type, but more or less comfortable with that.

In a way, for me, my lone wolf vibe is being empowered within oneself, rather than being needy/clingy with others. Being independent and strong enough to give and receive compassion while maintaining ones sense of connection and grounded-ness, but not cold or distant.

whatfor

Neptune Rising
You have neptune in the 12 and Pluto at or near the MC. Have you ever met someone with these placements and were NOT a loner? I understand how a bad event in your life will change ones openess but dont know if it was your orginal nature. Were you a lone wolf before this bad event?

Neptune Rising

Neptune Rising
You have neptune in the 12 and Pluto at or near the MC. Have you ever met someone with these placements and were NOT a loner? I understand how a bad event in your life will change ones openess but dont know if it was your orginal nature. Were you a lone wolf before this bad event?

Lol, I'd like to meet a person with those aspects!
Well it was a few bad events, I can't pinpoint the one if there is a one original event. I've been a loner since I was a kid. I did have friends but spent more time by myself. No siblings and raised since I was 6, by my mum. Mum would have to work to support us, so I'd have to spend time by myself. Its just the way I am. I'm a very warm and loving person, loyal to my friends and treat my friends as family, but choose friends carefully.

I don't see lone wolf as a bad thing. Someone once said, he thought I looked lonely as I sat by myself by the river - he saw me from a distance. But that was more to do with his projection onto me (Nep rising, ha ha the mirror), than how I actually felt in myself. I love to share those moments of bliss, relaxing, with someone special, but also happy to savour them by myself.

rahul_rastogy

Love Problem Solution

Yes this natured type people are commonly find .Actually it’s not their nature from beginning they are just victim of some problems like hurted in love , decepted by someone and by these problems they feel better in loneliness .

Zeloim

This is a really interesting thread. I hadn't given it much thought. I think my chart reflects a lone wolf personality. A strong Saturn and Neptune/Jupiter in the 12th, etc.

Lolabelle

I know two people with Saturn conjunct MC who fit that description. I have a stellium in the 12th. Mercury (conjunct my Jupiter) there, in particular, will make one want to be alone with one's thoughts. I have Saturn in the first house, which makes me self-sufficient and somewhat standoffish.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I would describe myself as a loner. I have an unconscious tendency to go my own way without a care for others and it takes deliberate effort for me to socially engage persons in a meaningful way. Thus, most of my relationships with people tend to be distant and cordial, not getting into much squabbles because I'm not emotionally invested enough to be hurt/care.

Since recognizing this trait of mine a couple years back,and recognizing that humans are social creatures who need people, I have been trying to connect with people more. I've gained headway since and while I'll never be a 'merger'/'joiner' I'd say I have improved my interactions where I allow people to get a glimpse of what goes on inside me.

What I attribute to my loner/self-reliant tendency:

-12th house action
-fire dominance
-lack water and air (the connective elements)
-Mars on the Rise
-Ruler of first in the first
-All planets in the eastern hemisphere
- Aquarius moon
- Bundle chart with Pluto cutting and Saturn trailing.
- Sn in Aries in the 4th house

Recognition of the importance of sociability I'd say comes from:

- Jupiter strong and angular
- Venus angular
- Temperament is half sanguine
- Moon in her joy and partile sextile to the ascendant
- Societal planets dispose all planets (Jupiter & Saturn)
- Sagittarius and Aquarius as the yang domiciles of the social planets. (social outreach)
- NN in Libra in the 10th house

Lolabelle

I have an Aquarius moon, but Sun/Mars/Neptune in eleventh house with Libra NN conjunct late Virgo Venus conjunct MC (in 9th). Born a Scorpio Sun with a Sag ascendant, now I'm a progressed Cap Sun/Aquarius ascendant, so the conflicting feelings go on and on.

Dubyadude1986

Hello. It has been a while, I keep losing my password and I think it is due to my Pisces Asc. lol.

This is a very interesting article. I think I have many aspects that make me a part-time lownwolf. It is something exactly as described; it isn't loneliness, it's a desire to be tucked away deeply in a consuming state of solitude when studying, making decisions, grieving, and learning about one's self.

Once the desire to be alone wears off, it really is time to call everyone and have a party...!

Jupiter isolated by itself in the 12th house of Aquarius, as well as Saturn in the 9th of Sagittarius with Uranus; these are two things I haven't paid much attention to but definitely contribute to this type of existence IMO. I have spent a lot of time personally trying to understand my crowded 8th and 10th house, but a valuable thing I have learned is that the isolated planets play such a huge role. If you are relatively new at this, make sure you pay attention to your planets that are isolated by themselves! It will help you a lot I have found.

Currently, my Saturn return is FAST approaching and things are just flipping out of control right now. lol

Sun, Venus, Neptune, and Mercury (29th degree) in 10th house. Some of these may contribute to stints of intentional isolation and living as a mystery at times.

I'm not sure if my ruling planet is Jupiter or Pluto... (I heard you count counter-clockwise 3 empty houses to the next planet and that is the "ruler)?

I've also heard the planet farthest away from everything is the ruler. In any case, feel free to use this chart as a guinea pig if need be. It may or may not help someone understand this more.

My chart is "covertly" difficult, if that makes any sense. (I've been told it is "easy"), but it's not AT ALL a lot of the time. Pisces Asc, Sag MC w/ Cap Sun, with an 8th house that basically suggests death, violently, maybe even by "blade" and/or the 8th appearing as one with psychotic nature (moon,pluto,mars) is kind of hard to accept sometimes. I hope the Asc helps calm what "looks" like a storm.

Lown Wolf living is a fun thing to do if it is not too often, it works just fine for me, as long as I go and spend copious amounts of time with people once I'm done. Anyone know about Jupiter 12th or Saturn/Uranus 9th?

Bottom line: There is nothing wrong with being alone for extended periods of time or being a "lown wolf." This can help a lot of people tremendously.

Last edited:

heidy26

My lonely wolf is 12h Moon.
Saturn is very active in his 5th house, Virgo rising and let's not forget the squares my Moon has with Pluto and Venus.
So yeah... I like being alone, dislike 'too much' social interaction, going out and so on.
I prefer being in my own world, reading, contemplating, analyzing myself [mostly] or others. :)

Last edited: