Turning Squares into Diamonds

SerpentariusGMS

I didn't mean to say you are spreading doom and gloom because of your realistic approach to life. You were born with a square and you will always have a square. It is my belief however that everything in astrology is simply an archetype. The square aspect is inherently Martian. Which is why bad things happen. I have found, at least for me, that when you take the energy of the planets involved and use that Martian energy yourself (instead of the universe forcing it onto you) the likelihood of bad things happening is diminished. So yes, it does require willpower and self-discipline. That's what mars/aries is all about: taking action and staying true to yourself. You can't truly "turn a square into a diamond," but at the least you can use it to inspire and spur you to make things happen in your life. I have always been a proponent of "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." We will always get lemons, the important thing is to learn, grow and fight back once we learn how. In the beginning we (children especially) wont know how to do this. It is learned with age and experience. If you still don't agree with me then it seems our philosophies of life differ and we must agree to disagree. But in any case I wish you peace, happiness, and prosperity. My love goes out to all that have contributed to this post. Thank you.

Last edited:

chei star

I don't have any especially tight squares, the tightest is Moon (Capricorn 10th) square Ascendant (Aries), with an orb of 2 degrees. People often misread me. I have that 'Scorpio stare' (sun, merc, mars, pluto in Scorpio) that people often mistake for hostility. Even though I am often misread and misunderstood, it's unmistakable when I am angry or upset. It's just so obvious. I would love to be able to hide it more.

The only squares in my chart I have are to my Ascendant, I have no squares between planets.

AC square Chiron (Cancer), Neptune (Capricorn), Saturn (Capricorn), Jupiter (Cancer) as well as the Moon.

People take me as far too pushy and upfront, I am a bit much for people to handle. I am blunt and honest, always. I would say I am amazingly honest and genuine compared to other people. However maybe with an over-elated sense of self, sense of superiority over others. I have found that the key to working with these aspects has been to listen to others more, and to be generally more humble. I also have a tendency to act (more so than to speak) before I think about the consequences, so being less impulsive and thinking about my decisions more thoroughly has been another help with working with these squares.

Interesting thread.

StillOne

At my age you want War and Peace?
Sure, why not? If you make it interesting enough I'm sure it would entertain us. You already have an audience. Plus, it may be healing.

I think this thread kinda sums up the two different people in the world: those with their glass half full and those with it half empty.

I don't have many squares in my chart so I can't really speak too much for that experience. I have one pesky one from Rx Mars to Jupiter that has manifested itself interestingly. However, both planets have quincunx to them so I'm wondering if I'm able to make adjustments based on that...

So, I suppose that I side with Serpentarius in this case. In my inexperienced, beginner, amateur viewpoint, I feel that life is learning lessons and evolving accordingly. The faster we recoginze that we're here to learn lessons, the faster we're on our true path. I think the birthchart can show what we need to learn. If one way doesn't work, try another.

chei star

I also have a great respect for the believers of positive-thinking Astrology. I am not one who sees the world through rose-tinted glasses as believe me I have been through many struggles in life and still do to this day. But at the end of the day, when people come to me for a reading they usually know about the difficulties they are having/have already experienced and are seeking a light at the end of the tunnel. What is wrong with using Astrology as a tool to help and guide people, and make them feel good? There is always a way to make good out of every bad situation, and this applies to the square aspect too.

theV

I didn't mean to say you are spreading doom and gloom because of your realistic approach to life. You were born with a square and you will always have a square. It is my belief however that everything in astrology is simply an archetype. The square aspect is inherently Martian. Which is why bad things happen. I have found, at least for me, that when you take the energy of the planets involved and use that Martian energy yourself (instead of the universe forcing it onto you) the likelihood of bad things happening is diminished. So yes, it does require willpower and self-discipline. That's what mars/aries is all about: taking action and staying true to yourself. You can't truly "turn a square into a diamond," but at the least you can use it to inspire and spur you to make things happen in your life. I have always been a proponent of "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." We will always get lemons, the important thing is to learn, grow and fight back once we learn how. In the beginning we (children especially) wont know how to do this. It is learned with age and experience. If you still don't agree with me then it seems our philosophies of life differ and we must agree to disagree. But in any case I wish you peace, happiness, and prosperity. My love goes out to all that have contributed to this post. Thank you.

What did you say was truth and the the truth only we need to hear the truth yeah square are here to say in us they can't diminished but that can be recognized and controlled by long observation of one to himself and the other people worked out by self discipline and willpower

greybeard

Looking at the world through rose-colored glasses is fine and dandy, except for one small detail. You do not see things as they really are.

Now I'm all for hope and optimism. The Big Smile Foundation is one of the principal recipients of my annual philanthropic donations.

But let's look at a simple fact of life, one which cannot be avoided or ignored if our goal in life is true maturity and, more importantly, peace within ourselves, full self-realization, union with the divine or at-oneness with the Universe. That fact is called "Consciousness", which in one view is what the universe seems to be made of. In order to achieve, or grow into this Consciousness, we must follow the path of Reality. There is no other.

The primary Reality we must face -- unflinchingly -- is the one called Self. If you can't do that, then you can't get There from Here.

I am going camping and fishing and fooling around with my son and three teenage boys this weekend. They have all decided I am Old Man Gloom and need therapy, I guess. My two dogs are going to tag along, and the three of us will wag our tails simply because we are alive and can. I sure do hope (See! I have hope) Reality doesn't come along and spoil our fun. Well, if it does I can tell the kids, "See, I told you so," and my Pessimism will be vindicated.

Caro

You should always offer people some hope. without that what is there.

Shawshank redemption is a tale of great hope - above awful circumstances. would say there were a few squares in the chart of the main charactor. probably some 12h planets too!

sounds like some of just sunk into the 'quagmire'.

Munch

I kinda think this is why the sign of Scorpio exist. As greybeard points out, it's only through having the courage to face ourselves as we really are (the good, the bad and of course, the ugly) without judgement, but rather awareness that we can begin working with our squares as opposed to trying to change them.

Scorpio's intensely held belief in accepting and exploring the dark is necessary for us all, but really, who has the courage to go there or even the motivation to do so without some kind of push like a square?

Light and dark, hope and nihilism, optimism and pessimism are inextricably intertwined. I think this thread demonstrates that rather effectively.

greybeard

I only have 7, using a 10-degree orb. One triple conjunction squares another while a seventh planet creates a Fixed Cross. The Cross occupies Sucedent houses.

I also have a wide-orbed Grand Trine in Air involving five of the planets, with the Sun as the central unifying figure.

Six of the planets occupy the triad of houses having their origin at the Nadir.

Four of the planets are retrograde, including all planets West and all Below the Horizon.

The thirteenth degree of Cancer rises.

Neptune is within 3 degrees of the lower angle.

Claire19

What is the tightest :square: you have in your chart and how do you handle it?

Mine is Mars :square: Ceres. (0º1') Don't know much about Ceres but my next tightest is Saturn :square: Venus. (0º5') I just have to be sure that I am actively showing my love for people and allowing myself to see the different ways that people show their love for me. :)
I love that concept. May I borrow that phrase!!
As for Ceres we dont know too much about it right now and I would be concentrating more on the Saturn Venus square which is very challenging but ultimately rewarding once we become aware and mature. Saturn particularly is karmic and from the past and you are here to deal with it and you have. Congratulations.

Looser ones with the Moon and no good aspects. In the third house of siblings and neighbours plus school days I have always had problems in those areas especially with women and connected to the 6th of my work. I have a quite tight square from Leo sun in the 6th to the MC and IC. I always resented authority figures including my parents and had to learn to deal with that. It affected my work and the way that I get my mundane everyday needs met. These conflicts also affect health.

P.S. My feeling is that Ceres belongs with Virgo and it may be the proper ruler, however there is also Vulcan/Icarus which may be a planet that is so tiny and close to the sun that it cannot be seen.

Last edited:

theV

If my mind is not failing me I have read that ceres belongs to cancer/taurus/venus she has to do something with nurture

SerpentariusGMS

I think Ceres is similar to Demeter, the mother of Persephone. Ceres rules wheat and crops, since she's always portrayed as holding a sprig of wheat. (She falls in my 10th house with 10th cusp in Leo.) Mother and father. Whatever job I have, I am always looked up to to teach and nurture. (Currently a baker trainer) The square with Saturn could illustrate a cross purpose of nurturing other and sorta taking the steady, stable road for myself and leaving everyone else behind. (Saturn being in my first) Always having to stop and remind myself to take care of others before myself. (Saturn conj Mars in the 1st)