The 12 Signs at the Polling Station

MaeMae

Banned
Aries arrives at 6:02 am first in line. Spends 2 minutes in booth and drops ballot in box, rushing out ~ leaving eyeglasses on counter inside.

Taurus arrives mid~day, spends 30 minutes in booth, wonders where to go for lunch afterwards.

Gemini changes mind on everthing at the last minute.

Cancer loves going to polling place and seeing the American flag before she walks into the booth. She remembers casting her first vote when she was 18. Remembers turning voting stub in for a free hot dog that day.

Leo's on cell phone with nail salon as she votes. Gets snappy when little old polling lady asks her to shut it off.

Virgo re reads ballot brochure in booth, completes ballot then reviews votes, making sure everything matches up. Leaves place distressed hoping ink smudge didn't bleed onto another candidate's box and disqualify his vote.

Libra arrives, realizing she forgot her dummied sample ballot and now she is faced with rereading the candidates statements and re~deciding on the one's she's least familiar with.

Scorpio arrives at dusk, wearing sunglasses. Quietly enters voting booth. Nobody notices him leave.

Saggitarius can be overheard cursing opposing candidates aloud from his booth as he reads ballot.
Occasional snorts and guffaws follow.

Capricorn wonders if the idiots in Washington will ever get it together. Votes for all the returning candidates.

Aquarius votes for 2 candidates & 4 measures, leaving the rest blank.

Pisces casts her vote for the candidates who don't have a chance.

Last edited:

Choe

"
Pisces casts her vote for the candidates who don't have a chance."

Lol that's me,even though I am Piscless.

Rebel Uranian

@Choe - Sidereal astrolooogggyyy is the way to go! I bet your tropical Jupiter is in early to mid Aries...

Last edited:

Claire19

Aries arrives at 6:02 am first in line. Spends 2 minutes in booth and drops ballot in box, rushing out ~ leaving eyeglasses on counter inside.

Taurus arrives mid~day, spends 30 minutes in booth, wonders where to go for lunch afterwards.

Gemini changes mind on everthing at the last minute.

Cancer loves going to polling place and seeing the American flag before she walks into the booth. She remembers casting her first vote when she was 18. Remembers turning voting stub in for a free hot dog that day.

Leo's on cell phone with nail salon as she votes. Gets snappy when little old polling lady asks her to shut it off.

Virgo re reads ballot brochure in booth, completes ballot then reviews votes, making sure everything matches up. Leaves place distressed hoping ink smudge didn't bleed onto another candidate's box and disqualify his vote.

Libra arrives, realizing she forgot her dummied sample ballot and now she is faced with rereading the candidates statements and re~deciding on the one's she's least familiar with.

Scorpio arrives at dusk, wearing sunglasses. Quietly enters voting booth. Nobody notices him leave.

Saggitarius can be overheard cursing opposing candidates aloud from his booth as he reads ballot.
Occasional snorts and guffaws follow.

Capricorn wonders if the idiots in Washington will ever get it together. Votes for all the returning candidates.

Aquarius votes for 2 candidates & 4 measures, leaving the rest blank.

Pisces casts her vote for the candidates who don't have a chance.

This is so brilliant and so apt. :biggrin::biggrin:

Choe

@Choe - Sidereal astrolooogggyyy is the way to go! I bet your tropical Jupiter is in early to mid Aries...

Jupiter=voting,you meant something like that? But I have to say no,you're wrong, my geocentric tropical Jupiter isn't in Aries,not even close. In heliocentric sidereal though, I have My Earth and Moon in Pisces.

Last edited:

Claire19

Aries speeds up in his hotrod pushes to the front of the queue and writes his vote in red ink then dashes off before he gets a parking fine.

Taurus saunters slowly up to the polling booth, chewing chocolate and votes for the candidate who promises more in the back pocket of the voter.

Gemini rushes in, fills in two forms, one for him and one for his neighbour. Brings his own pen.

Cancer votes for the candidate promising baby bonuses and more help for the stay at home Mum. Off home to bake cookies.

Leo comes in fresh from the hairdresser, wearing all the bling, making an entrance and struts gracefully to the polling booth and with a dramatic flourish puts her papers into the ballot box.

Virgo brushs the polling booth writing surface down for dust and precisely and neatly fills in her forms, folded neatly dropped into the appropriate box. Leaves before the germs of every Tom Dick and Harry at the polling booth get to her.

Libra dithers and dallies, cant make up her mind. Thinks about who is the most charming and presentable candidates and votes that way. Likes the ones promising law reforms though.

Scorpio slinks in wearing hat down over his face, black clothing and heads for the polling station at the back out of sight and with hand over the papers makes his choices before slipping out again.

Sagittarius makes an absentee vote as he is to travel overseas and votes for the one with the best foreign policy and has a degree in law.

Capricorn drops in after work and votes for the most conservative of the politicians and the more experienced older ones.

Aquarius votes online and just for fun does a donkey vote that is invalid, flouting all the rules.

Pisces weaves her way in, half drunk and votes for the one spouting aid for the disadvantaged, the invalided and rehabilitation programmes. Funds for Alcoholics Anonymous and more charity aid.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

We can't decide who to vote for: the Leonine guy or his Libran opponent.

Note to all Sagitarius and Aquarius voters: will you need to please take their discussion outside the poll booth - said the Ophiuchus attendant.

Many Taurus and Cancer voters really, really hate political discussions and will rat on the horse & water-barrier for their radical yet opposite opinions.

Capricorns want to pick fights with their Libertarian views against Pisces known for their progressive stance on everything: we need a scapegoat.

Aries are seriously conservatives, but Scorpios can turn liberal when they are approached by a fellow conservative and indeed mars on their path.

Gemini and Virgo want a free market, although they disagree on how to get there. "Free market", Virgo warns yuppie-like Gemini it is not truly free.

And finally, Orions & Cetans are the third parties with "NO" chance to win.

Rebel Uranian

Jupiter=voting,you meant something like that? But I have to say no,you're wrong, my geocentric tropical Jupiter isn't in Aries,not even close. I don't have anything in Aries. In heliocentric sidereal though, I have My Earth and Moon in Pisces.

I think voting might be Jupiter (voting itself would be Mercury, but the reason would be Jupiter,) but that's not why. Jupiter, ruler of Pisces, would move into Pisces in sidereal if it were in Aries in tropical, that's all. Do you use heliocentric sidereal? I use geocentric sidereal. I think geocentric astrology is a misnomer. It should be eventcentric astrology.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Cancer: While wallowing in self induced pity from eating a whole pie, Cancer is too discombobulated and cramped to move from bed to vote. Cancer decides to stay in pj's and watch reruns on tv instead. Shame ensues till next voting season.

*BASED ON A TRUE STORY

PS. Green Parties all the way Taurus MC :)

Last edited:

Claire19

I think voting might be Jupiter (voting itself would be Mercury, but the reason would be Jupiter,) but that's not why. Jupiter, ruler of Pisces, would move into Pisces in sidereal if it were in Aries in tropical, that's all. Do you use heliocentric sidereal? I use geocentric sidereal. I think geocentric astrology is a misnomer. It should be eventcentric astrology.
Mercury would be the voting process, Saturn is the one who becomes the leader.

Jupiter does not rule Pisces but Sagittarius. Sorry. Co ruler..... okay.

MaeMae

Banned
Hey!
Say something funny or start your own thread, please.
I came here to laugh.
Besides, you're not even old enough to vote.
Stop haywiring threads.

Rebel Uranian

*would curse Saturn (for causing seriousness) if Saturn wouldn't block me from cursing*

I am old enough to vote on some things. The thread never said what on or where to vote.

*Votes on being old enough to be able to vote on being old enough to be able to vote*

*Votes for President but gets kicked out by the law (Saturn) enforcers*

*would curse Saturn (again) if Saturn wouldn't block me from cursing*

Last edited:
Ew, nooooooo
I hate that Caps get the bad conservative/libertarian rep.
(No offense to those that are, but cap just isn't as stuffy and conservative as people would think.)
I'd say sag and Aquarius are more libertarians, cancer more conservative.
My husband and I are caps (although he is more cap than me!) and we are both die hard liberals.
I think it is because Caps are very dedicated to morality most of the time, and our morals are very "share, help the poor and helpless".

MaeMae

Banned
I'm daft not to know Winston Churchill's stuff ~ but one of my most inspirational quotes of his , "If it feels like you're walking thru Hell, just keep walking."