Detriment 2nd House ruler with North Node in it.

IKOPIKOP

hi,
Let say the 2nd House Ruler of Money for the business' (derived House from 10th) is in detriment Sign and located in the cusp of 10th house. The North Node is in the 2nd House (derived house), would this make the Detriment less bad?

dr. farr

The detrimented planet would remain detrimented (although helped by being at the cusp of the angular 10th house) However, the NN in the 2nd house would ON ITS OWN positively influence 2nd house matters; so there would be a moderately detrimented Lord of the 2nd house versus the benefic NN 2nd house infuence, operative in such a situation.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Normally, NN in 2nd house gives wealth and property. Natal is busy in making money, so is not in a position to enjoy this wealth (Auspicious connections), because is fifth house from 10th house and 10th from 5th house.
But afflicted NN can give adverse results for relationships.

Anachiel

hi,
Let say the 2nd House Ruler of Money for the business' (derived House from 10th) is in detriment Sign and located in the cusp of 10th house. The North Node is in the 2nd House (derived house), would this make the Detriment less bad?

First, it depends on the context of the question.

Second, just because a planet is detrimented, it does not prevent it from "working" or "effecting" the matter. Again, the context is important. There is no 'hard and fast' rule or 'one size fits all'

Third, the node has nothing to do with anything at this point because we don't see the reast of the players in the chart.

You will probably have better advice and more specfic advice if you post the chart with your question.

dr. farr

Those of us who follow the outlook of Gerard of Cremona (and several other authorities) regarding the quality of the North Node, would consider the NN's presence in any house to bring favorable influences into the areas of life affinitive to that house: NN is (according the Gerard of Cremona and others) like a beneficial Jupiter plus Venus conjunction, in whatever house the NN is posited in.

IKOPIKOP

Here the situation that I have to face. I am a working mother with a baby girl (10 months old). I have to harden my heart every morning when I have to leave her to his daddy ( yes, my hubby is babysitting our daughter :cool:) for a work. I got this nagging urge to stop working for others and start a new business, so I can have more time with my daughter. We actually have a financial problem and we plan to sell our house to start all over again.. But I am an optimisitic, I know everything will be ok..

You will probably have better advice and more specfic advice if you post the chart with your question.

Dear Anachiel,I'm in a learning stage, that's why I did not post the chart at first and the things that the Asc is in early sign, makes me think that posting the chart will not get a respond. But maybe I should post it to make it more clear, and got some advice from it. Anyway thanks for your respond, I appreciate it..

Here the horary chart I attached with this post with the question with it..

Attachments

• astro chart _successful_to_have_my_own_bussiness.jpg
    astro chart _successful_to_have_my_own_bussiness.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

IKOPIKOP

dr. farr
NN presence in any house bring favorable influences into the areas of life affinitive to that house

Quite few people here find that North Node/ South Node have no such importance in Horary (I mean other people post). Some said that the nodes are not given as much weight as the planets. Because The nodes are sensitive points, not planets. But you seem like regard it as beneficial influence. Especially when you wrote
I give the South Node great importance in horary (I follow Gerard of Cremona, Agrippa and the Ankara tradition in this attitude)
in your post dated 07-06-2010 to iwonder in Horary Technique. How about North Node? Is it equally important?

IKOPIKOP

Normally, NN in 2nd house gives wealth and property. Natal is busy in making money, so is not in a position to enjoy this wealth (Auspicious connections), because is fifth house from 10th house and 10th from 5th house.
But afflicted NN can give adverse results for relationships.

Hi anoop,
You talk about North Node in Natal chart right? Will the principle apply in Horary? I mean when you wrote about the Natal is busy in making money, and not in a position to enjoy the wealth. How do you see that? You connecting the 5th house of fun/enjoy to the 2nd house of earning isn't it?
I don't know how we cannot enjoy the wealth when the NN is in 2nd house..:unsure:

dr. farr

dr. farr

Quite few people here find that North Node/ South Node have no such importance in Horary (I mean other people post). Some said that the nodes are not given as much weight as the planets. Because The nodes are sensitive points, not planets. But you seem like regard it as beneficial influence. Especially when you wrote in your post dated 07-06-2010 to iwonder in Horary Technique. How about North Node? Is it equally important?

I follow the oldtime Ottoman horary approach* (which predates Bonatti and later European horary authorities), and am also influenced by the works of Gerard of Cremona and Vedic prasna shastra (prasna = the Vedic term for horary astrology), so I do give the Lunar nodes much importance in horary delineation: yes, the North Node is equally important with the SN in this approach to horary delineation; the NN is like a conjunction of the benefic qualities of Venus and Jupiter (whereas the SN is similar to a conjunction of the malefic qualities of Mars + Saturn)

(*which I term "Ankara horary" here on AW)

dr. farr

Delineation of posted horary question/chart:
(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I will delineate this chart using the Lot of Successful Outcome (ascendant+jupiter-sun)

-querent = 1st house = Capricorn = Saturn
-quesited = Lot of Successful Outcome = 5 Scorpio; significator = Mars
-the Lot falls in the 11th whole sign house of gains, advantages and the Good Spirit = + testimony
-querent Saturn is in exaltation in Libra, in the 10th whole sign house of advances and success = + testimony
-querent Saturn flows toward the Lot = + testimony
-Lot significator Mars is in the 10th whole sign house (+), in detriment in Libra (-), flows toward conjunction with querent Saturn (+) and also flows toward the Lot (+) = net + testimonies
-Moon flows away from the Lot and other significators = - testimony

Results:
Positive = +4 testimonies
N egative = -1 testimony
Net = +3 testimonies

...with a net +3 testimonies, the answer to this question is yes, querent would be suiccessful in having her own business.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

IKOPIKOP,
NN is for focus or distraction. hen we talk about that if NN is placed in 2nd house, indicates that natal will be so much focused in making money that will not be in a position to enjoy. Affliction on NN will give more focus, and natal will ignore relationships.

But in case of Horary chart, my method is different. I give importance to NN and SN and their Nakshtra. Because according to my reading, they are playing important roles.
For Tajik method also, they are important.

Anachiel

Here is my take on the matter:

You are signified by Saturn, exalted, in the 10th. I'd say that you are good where you are right now. Saturn exalted shows a person living above or slighty out of there own means, it's an exaggerated position but, nonetheless, a favorable one.

Venus, the ruler of the 10th is trine to you, Saturn. This is also very fortunate for you present position.

Now, as for leaving all this and starting your own business, we look to the Moon, for it shows your next action. We see the Moon is quite detrimented and about to square Mars in the 10th. Mars would signify the business you want to start as well as what you plan to do. We can see, right now, is very weak and not well disposed to you. Mars also has no assistance from any other planet to make the connections for it that it needs in the world or to strengthen it in any way right now.

I would say that, right now, stick with your present job and nail down the details and ramifications of starting your own business. Right now, appears not to be the best time to make that leap. Or, do both, though, that may be quite challenging I think.

Venus trine Saturn is a successful business indication but, with the Moon squaring Mars I would wait a bit before leaving your current job for your own business. It may also be that success or further success will come, someway, through your current job.

Last edited:

IKOPIKOP

...with a net +3 testimonies, the answer to this question is yes, querent would be suiccessful in having her own business.

dr. farr, I do have this ambition to be in business of my own, maybe its due to ambitious Mars in Aries in my natal 10th house. Your interpretation gives me a boost of confidance and thank you for that..

IKOPIKOP

I would say that, right now, stick with your present job and nail down the details and ramifications of starting your own business. Right now, appears not to be the best time to make that leap. Or, do both, though, that may be quite challenging I think.

Hi Anachiel, I am aware of the delayed and some obstacle I have to face right now about starting my own business . But I am not planning to start it immediately. It is because of my lack of financial support. Even if I got an opportunity to start it in near future, I have to make sure the business is in stabil mode before I resign my self from my current job. Got to be practical in this kind of decision.. But your advice is valuable and this should take time.. I still want to have my own business, even it takes two or three years from now.. :whistling:

IKOPIKOP

IKOPIKOP,
I give importance to NN and SN and their Nakshtra. Because according to my reading, they are playing important roles.
For Tajik method also, they are important.

Hi anoop, Vedic astrology is too complicated for my novice knowledge, but I found it almost accurate when I asked for a reading about my marriage prediction by the Vedic Astrologer a few years ago before the marriage prediction took place in 2011. Though some of the prediction is a vice versa, for example.. he wrote that The possibility of having a boy child, and it turn out I got a daughter..:w00t: Interesting isn't it?