My midheaven in Libra does not fit me?

Adelexx

Hi! :D I am a 20 year old girl from Norway. I have zodiac sun in Sagittarius (27th november), Leo moon and ascendant in Scorpio. I am 100% sure of my birth time 08.30 in morning.

I have a midheaven in Libra but I feel it does not fit. When I see career suggestions for MC libra it says florist, fashion designer, makeup artist ++ I do generally care very much about my apperance and looking beautiful, but I am not interested in any of the mentioned professions! My main interests is Skydiving, horse riding, dogs, running and walking in the mountains.

I will apply for veterinary medicine school this autumn, because that is a profession where I get to work with one of my main passions, animals. I can't work with skydiving, I am already an instructor but in Norway it is based on voluntary work for the local club.

I do not really like to work extremely much and get exhausted (read that about MC Libra, so that would fit) But in Norway the work week is 37 hours.

I read that people with midheaven Libra is not good at earning money. So Im afraid that studying veterinary medicine is not something that would fit me? Of course that animals will still be my passion in life, but not as a profession. Because it is 6 years of study, and in Norway it is actually low paid (same pay as a teacher/nurse).

Does someone know MC Libra more than me? Thank you so much for your help

Adele <3

Blaze

Account Closed
MC in Libra is ruled by Venus.

Where is she in your chart? Which house and what aspects does the planet make? Look to those for a clearer picture.

conspiracy theorist

A chart would help out your process. It's hit or miss whether what an individual does would correlate with the sign of the MC, which is a poor way to delineate profession in the chart.

I also have a Libra MC with a Sagittarius Sun. While I have no interest in any of the aforementioned professions as an activity to earn an income, I am a part of a start up that is art based; to call it a passion would be wrong and it is not the only thing that I do. On a sliding scale, I would say I am on the workaholic side of things - so that supposed part of being a Libra MC does not apply in the least (Cap ascendants tend to have Libra on the midheaven, how are the stereotypes reconciled?)

Veterinarian medicine is a good fit for a Scorpio + Sagittarius mixture.

Adelexx

A chart would help out your process. It's hit or miss whether what an individual does would correlate with the sign of the MC, which is a poor way to delineate profession in the chart.

I also have a Libra MC with a Sagittarius Sun. While I have no interest in any of the aforementioned professions as an activity to earn an income, I am a part of a start up that is art based; to call it a passion would be wrong and it is not the only thing that I do. On a sliding scale, I would say I am on the workaholic side of things - so that supposed part of being a Libra MC does not apply in the least (Cap ascendants tend to have Libra on the midheaven, how are the stereotypes reconciled?)

Veterinarian medicine is a good fit for a Scorpio + Sagittarius mixture.

Thank you so much for reply! <3
My birthdate is 27/11/1999 , 08.30 in the morning in Stavanger, Norway. What aspect in the chart is about career? When I google I find that the aspects below is for career

I have Venus in Libra in 10th house, which I have read mean that Im attracted to men with money

The second house (house of wealth) in my chart is Capricorn, and I have Mars in Aquarius in second house.

Fifth house I read is for intelligence, education++ and my fifth house is Taurus, and I have Saturn in Taurus in my fifth house

Eleventh house for income is Scorpio, and I have Mercury and Vesta in Scorpio in 11th house.

I am happy there are other indicators for career :D

Zora

Account Closed
Thank you so much for reply! <3
My birthdate is 27/11/1999 , 08.30 in the morning in Stavanger, Norway. What aspect in the chart is about career? When I google I find that the aspects below is for career
I have Venus in Libra in 10th house, which I have read mean that Im attracted to men with money
The second house (house of wealth) in my chart is Capricorn, and I have Mars in Aquarius in second house.
Fifth house I read is for intelligence, education++ and my fifth house is Taurus, and I have Saturn in Taurus in my fifth house
Eleventh house for income is Scorpio, and I have Mercury and Vesta in Scorpio in 11th house.

attachment.php

Hello Adele,

I dön't know where you got all these stuff from. To learn some astrology basics at least from astrology books, is better than to google - as the whole chart picture working together is important. No midheaven can do anything with moon, sun and mercury - the first three planets the rest of the chart is built up from.

Libra midheaven ruled by venus and venus as ruler of 10th house is strong placed in 10th house - and libra is as air sign mainly about to exchange and contacts. Venus in 10th house is of saturn venus correspondence and is in general about trade and commerce.

2nd house is your financial income and your skills and talents you are born with- 6th house is your work - your personal daily job and work.

All these three houses are working together. With 2nd house and 6th house in earth signs you need an earth grounded work and visible results. But career and lifepath in RL strictly depends on education you have finished. Education is 9th house ruled by sun - education is most important for you with your sun in 1st house in 0 degree half square with your venus.

With saturn as ruler of 2nd house in 5th house cusp 6th it is important that you earn your own money and to stay independant from your partners. But you are looking for partners joining your lifepath and with whom you can work together as well.

Your 5th house is starting with aries and is not taurus.

Attachments

• adelexx.jpg
    adelexx.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 195

Adelexx

attachment.php

Hello Adele,

I dön't know where you got all these stuff from. To learn some astrology basics at least from astrology books, is better than to google - as the whole chart picture working together is important. No midheaven can do anything with moon, sun and mercury - the first three planets the rest of the chart is built up from.

Libra midheaven ruled by venus and venus as ruler of 10th house is strong placed in 10th house - and libra is as air sign mainly about to exchange and contacts. Venus in 10th house is of saturn venus correspondence and is in general about trade and commerce.

2nd house is your financial income and your skills and talents you are born with- 6th house is your work - your personal daily job and work.

All these three houses are working together. With 2nd house and 6th house in earth signs you need an earth grounded work and visible results. But career and lifepath in RL strictly depends on education you have finished. Education is 9th house ruled by sun - education is most important for you with your sun in 1st house in 0 degree half square with your venus.

With saturn as ruler of 2nd house in 5th house cusp 6th it is important that you earn your own money and to stay independant from your partners. But you are looking for partners joining your lifepath and with whom you can work together as well.

Thank you so much! <3 I understand better now. I have read the last hour about aspects/placements for animals and medicine (because I want to become an veterinarian) I read that 6th and 12th house is important for animals

Do you think my birth chart show that I fit to be a veterinarian? I will search after professional astrology reading so that I can ask more about that....

Adelexx

attachment.php

Hello Adele,

Also I have Saturn in my fifth house, and I read that will bring trouble with education (I have had trouble in school, but mostly before I was diagnosed with adhd)

I also read that Saturn in 5th can make you poor, and give trouble having children, that your children will have a very bad relationship with you and delay in marriage :(

AJ Astrology

I have a midheaven in Libra but I feel it does not fit.

Hi Adelexx,

Are you sure about that?

Where exactly is your MC? Well, let's look....

attachment.php

H12.

What is H12? Well, it's many things, among them animals, especially large ones like herd animals.

I will apply for veterinary medicine school this autumn, because that is a profession where I get to work with one of my main passions, animals. I can't work with skydiving, I am already an instructor but in Norway it is based on voluntary work for the local club.

I do not really like to work extremely much and get exhausted (read that about MC Libra, so that would fit) But in Norway the work week is 37 hours.

I read that people with midheaven Libra is not good at earning money. So Im afraid that studying veterinary medicine is not something that would fit me? Of course that animals will still be my passion in life, but not as a profession. Because it is 6 years of study, and in Norway it is actually low paid (same pay as a teacher/nurse).

Does someone know MC Libra more than me? Thank you so much for your help

Adele <3

You have a night chart and Venus is nocturnal, free of malefics, but in an applying opposition to a retrograde Aries H6 Jupiter ruling your H2 where sun is about to be trined by a waning Moon.

You might like the job, but you're not going to very successful financially and you'll probably change jobs at some point.

Your H4 Mars is diurnal, which is why you're sluggish and not very motivated.

And, you have an exact Moon/Mars opposition, which is not good.

Attachments

• Career.jpg
    Career.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 196

petosiris

Banned
Hi AJ,

There is a reason why the MC is always the cusp of the 10th house. It has to do with culmination.

Gauqelin has statistically validated the 36 sectors of the chart in relation to the 12 Placidus Houses in over thousands of charts.

Placidus houses work.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunraku

How do you deal with the MC being in different houses, that are different from the 10th?

Authors just say "lol no big deal" and take both into account from what I remember, but at a deeper level this does not seem to be logically sound. Possibly one of the few issues I take with whole sign houses, a house system which I adore and will continue to use :love:

Bunraku

I mean, with placidus, Venus is the queen of the chart, being culminating, dignified, and being the sect benefic.

With Whole signs it's workable, but it's in the 12th.

Zora

Account Closed
Also I have Saturn in my fifth house, and I read that will bring trouble with education (I have had trouble in school, but mostly before I was diagnosed with adhd)

I also read that Saturn in 5th can make you poor, and give trouble having children, that your children will have a very bad relationship with you and delay in marriage :(

I personally see this as nonsense mixing up all together in one pot.

Saturn in 5th house is of sun/saturn corespondence, showing a strict father and is a sucess constellation because saturn always concentrate the own focus on being successful and one takes all very seriously. Saturn in 5th always makes a person ambitious (in 5th = natural zodiac sun house) and hard working (depending on his aspects) and to take self-responsibility and responsibility. Saturn in 5th house doesn't make poor if saturn hasn't a square on the ruler of 2nd house - money income.

I have myself saturn in 5th house - neither my parents were poor nor am I. Money was never a question in our family and in my profession neither. And I have been in my first relationship with 20 and am married more than 4 decades now - always also taking responsibility for 2 children as well.

I love saturn. Saturn is a clear energy and a fair-playing guy- also in his transits - he always lets you clearly know what he wants to teach you - when a time has come for a certain subject.

With saturn square uranus as ruler of your thoughts (3d house)- your own thoughts and thinking can "make you poor"
more than anything else - and siblings - 3rd is siblings as well.

Last edited:

AJ Astrology

I personally see this as nonsense mixing up all together in one pot.

Saturn in 5th house is of sun/saturn corespondence, showing a strict father and is a sucess constellation because saturn always concentrate the own focus on being successful and one takes all very seriously. Saturn in 5th always makes a person ambitious (in 5th = natural zodiac sun house) and hard working (depending on his aspects) and to take self-responsibility and responsibility. Saturn in 5th house doesn't make poor if saturn hasn't a square on the ruler of 2nd house - money income.

Hi Zora,

All true and it doesn't matter if it is a day chart or night chart.

Well, I suppose there is a difference.

Saturn in H5 by day makes hugely successful people and Saturn in H5 by night makes very successful people.

So, yeah, a tiny difference. It's even better if Sun or Jupiter are in an applying sextile or trine. Moon with or joined to Saturn in H5 is good, too.

But, none of that matters since Saturn is in Taurus H7.

AJ Astrology

How do you deal with the MC being in different houses, that are different from the 10th?

Hi Bunraku,

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The Asc/Dsc/MC/IMC and pivot points (or stakes) are two different concepts.

Over time, those two concepts became conflated (merged) into one concept due to texts being mistranslated and/or misinterpreted and then it was accelerated and became prevalent with the introduction of house systems.

There is an astronomical basis for house systems but no astrological basis.

A house system is simply one person's vision of how the heavens might appear at a specific location on Earth at a certain time.

While that might be appealing to astronomers, astrologers don't care how the heavens look, because they're concerned with where the celestial bodies are located with respect to the signs, but not with respect to the constellations.

Yes, signs and constellations are two different concepts, too.

The fact remains that the MC is in Libra and Libra is inconjunct the Scorpio Ascendant.

Scorpio can only square Taurus and Leo and since the 10th sign is Leo, H10 is Leo.

Hi AJ,

There is a reason why the MC is always the cusp of the 10th house. It has to do with culmination.

Hi petosiris,

That was not true in the past before the advent of house systems.

Placidus houses work.
I never said Placidus houses do not work, so perhaps you might wish to consult an optometrist.

Gauqelin has statistically validated the 36 sectors of the chart in relation to the 12 Placidus Houses in over thousands of charts.
For your statement to be accepted as true, you must:

1) provide the number of charts with locations at high latitudes Gauqelin used; and
2) specifically show which high latitude charts passed the test.

Otherwise, your claim that the Placidus charts were statistically validated is not true, except for those charts with latitudes in or near the Tropics.

That Placidus charts were statistically validated does not mean that every single one of the Placidus charts passed with flying colors.

It simply means that a percentage of the total number of Placidus charts tested was statistically valid.

That means many Placidus charts failed.

Which ones failed?

Because if no high latitude charts were included in the sample, or if no high latitude charts passed the test or the majority of failures were high latitude charts then Placidus does not work at high latitudes.

The only claim you can make then is that Placidus works only if the native lives between a certain latitude north and a certain latitude south.

On top of that, a recent study published in the journal Correlations by Dr. Tarvainen using Gaugelin's own data shows the Koch system works best.

Even so, the question remains: How many high latitude charts were valid?

petosiris

Banned
wilsontc butchered the sarcastic comment - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1014642&postcount=2...

But the memes must go on. :smile:

I am going to send it to you in a private message.

[as you know, attacking others in posts is NOT allowed - the post you linked to SHOULD have been reported - do NOT retaliate to attacking posts, instead REPORT them by clicking on the "!" button - I have now edited that linked post as well - Moderator]

Zora

Account Closed
Hi Zora,

All true and it doesn't matter if it is a day chart or night chart.

Well, I suppose there is a difference.

Saturn in H5 by day makes hugely successful people and Saturn in H5 by night makes very successful people..

Hi AJ,

And what is the difference between successful and successful ?

So, yeah, a tiny difference. It's even better if Sun or Jupiter are in an applying sextile or trine. Moon with or joined to Saturn in H5 is good, too.

But, none of that matters since Saturn is in Taurus H7.

My saturn in 5th opposes moon/mercury and sun and rules 7th and 8th house.

I am not quite sure what you mean and what chart you mean and talk about - as far as I see Adelexx saturn is in her 5th house in taurus.

Adelexx

Hi Adelexx,

Are you sure about that?

attachment.php

H12.

What is H12? Well, it's many things, among them animals, especially large ones like herd animals.

You have a night chart and Venus is nocturnal, free of malefics, but in an applying opposition to a retrograde Aries H6 Jupiter ruling your H2 where sun is about to be trined by a waning Moon.

You might like the job, but you're not going to very successful financially and you'll probably change jobs at some point.

Thank you so much for your answer! I really apperiacte your help
Offf, I feel very unmotivated when I read what you wrote about H4 Mars diurnal and Moon/Mars opposition... I read more about it on Google...
Is there no hope when you have aspects like that? I mean can I change in any way, or is my behaviour «set in stone» if you understand , by astrology...
I am not really motivated in the long term... I was competing in running when I was younger and at national level, but then I got tired and quitted... The same with school....

Adelexx

Hi Adelexx,

Are you sure about that?

attachment.php

H12.

The birth charts I have used show different houses? Have you typed 27th november 1999 at 08.30 AM in Stavanger, Norway? Because I thought my sun, Pluto and ascendant were in 1st house, mars 2nd, moon in 8th, MC in 10th ++++

[AJ is using a different house system to divide up the chart, so AJ's chart looks different from the one you posted - Moderator]