One of my friends betrayed me - Does she care about me?

avrillavigne

Well, I have been flirting with one guy for a couple of months now and we have been dating for like a month (we are not official but I believed that we were exclusive). One of my best friends (I have known her since I was like 9) came to our hometown for like a week and apparently she slept with him. She knows that we are seeing each other and she was pretty much the first person I told that I fancy him. We were all invited to a party last night and I just completely ignored him, he tried talking to me again and I told him to go away. I don't want to see him again. But what actually hurts me is my friend's betrayal. I really care for her and I don't know if I should forgive her or not. She pretty much ignored me after they had sex ( and told one of my friends that she did a really bad thing to me and she feels sorry). But last night I tried talking to her and she acted extremely weird, she looked guilty but at the end of the night I saw her hugging him and making a move again.
I haven't stopped crying since. Does she care about me at all?
If she is ruled by the 11th house she should be the moon. I am mercury and we are making a sextile. Will we reconcile?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 16.07.59.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 16.07.59.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 44

ElenaJ

With NN on the 11th cusp, yes, she is a friend, but south node and Saturn on the 5th cusp of love affairs, she just couldn't help it. You mercury are coming to square the nodes and Saturn, so it will probably be too difficult for you to forget and make up.

rafaella

could you post a proper chart so we can see planet degrees and figure out aspects. This chart is very hard to read.

avrillavigne

could you post a proper chart so we can see planet degrees and figure out aspects. This chart is very hard to read.

Sorry for the previous one.
Is this one better?

It is a very difficult situation for me. I could forgive her... It would be very difficult for me to do so, but I believe I can. The thing is that she hasn't apologised or tried to contact me. She just said to our mutual friends that she feels really bad and is sorry but she has completely ignored me. I tried calling her but no answer. At the same time yesterday I got a text message from her that our group of friends is going out and I can come along... I guess she is scarred of facing me on her own??
That's why I'm asking if she cares about me as a friend, cause she hasn't showed that, but still we have been close for so long. I can't believe that she did that to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 13.21.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 13.21.13.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 36

rafaella

I honestly don't know why you want to still be friends with this person, a real friend would not do this to someone they care about.

You seem very anxious and really wanting reconciliation and worried whether she cares for you still... come on... she is the one who should be seeking you out and apologising. She is inviting you to an event as if she is doing you a favour - oh we are having a gettogether, but if you want come too.... grrrr:devil:

I think I am more upset than you and would like to kick her...lol

Ok lets go to the chart. She is Moon in aqua, peregrine. You are Mercury, has some dignity with reception towards Mars on angle. Moon has no dignity so probably won't take any strong action, but aspect is there. This might be the get together. Moon doesn't have strong reception towards Mercury, only by face. Honestly I don't see remorse or a need for reconciliation but the aspect suggests an attempt.

Not sure what Mars/Mer aspects are but I wonder if its to do with this get together. Mer will also apply to Saturn. Perhaps other people helping out? The Mer/Mars is intriguing, it is a helpful aspect even if Saturn is there.

If I were you, I would let her crawl back to you and ask for forgiveness... but that's just me. True friends don't do such things to people they value and cherish as friends. And I think this is a loss you feeling, 2nd house from 7th is also value that others have for oneself and you are seeking it.

Even if you become friends with her again, can you really trust her in the future? Can things really go back to as they used to?

all the best, let us know how things go

Last edited:

Abby83

I'm horrified reading this. You call that a best friend? And you still want to be friends? To answer your question without looking at the horary - NO, she doesn't feel sorry. It's further confirmed with her making a move on him at the party and ignoring you. I've had best friend end her friendship with me because on a night out some stranger said her eyebrows looked tacky and it was supposedly my responsibility to do something about that.

Yeah man, what you allow will continue, and it is continuing, right in front of you. People don't change.

avrillavigne

I will definitely update you.
I know it sounds horrible ... it is horrible. Truth to be told, I have had really rough 3 years - lots of friend betrayals, horrible romantic relationships, some deaths, family problems, university problems and really serious health issues. During this wonderful time I lost lots of friends, self respect as well... I know it sounds stupid but I just didn't want to participate in another drama or break my friends' group. I won't act nasty towards her but tbh I am planning to break our friendship - it isn't worth it. I just can't believe that she is not sorry, I really thought our friendship meant something to her. Her lost really, as cheesy as it sounds.

As Rafaella said about other people helping out - they are already trying to get us together. We are in a really big wonderful friend group which I have been avoiding the last 3 days cause I didn't want to see her as she hasn't apologised or returned my phone call. But **** it, I don't wanna loose my friends when she is in the wrong.

Last edited:

Abby83

I will definitely update you.
I know it sounds horrible ... it is horrible. Truth to be told, I have had really rough 3 years - lots of friend betrayals, horrible romantic relationships, some deaths, family problems, university problems and really serious health issues. During this wonderful time I lost lots of friends, self respect as well... I know it sounds stupid but I just didn't want to participate in another drama or break my friends' group. I won't act nasty towards her but tbh I am planning to break our friendship - it isn't worth it. I just can't believe that she is not sorry, I really thought our friendship meant something to her. Her lost really, as cheesy as it sounds.

As Rafaella said about other people helping out - they are already trying to get us together. We are in a really big wonderful friend group which I have been avoiding the last 3 days cause I didn't want to see her as she hasn't apologised or returned my phone call. But **** it, I don't wanna loose my friends when she is in the wrong.

You can still be in the same friend group and totally avoid that b**CH. When they talk about her U say nothing. You only talk about anything but her and the guy. Focus on positive topics that make you happy.

avrillavigne

Small update.
She is acting as if nothing happened. She never apologised. We went out a couple of times with our friends and some of them noticed that we are not really talking (not everyone knows what happened and I prefer it that way). At one point she asked me if I'm okay and said that I looked sad. I told her that the reasons are obvious and I think I am handling it wayyyy to well. She tried to make a couple of compliments and "make me feel special , wanted" but I didn't buy it. She left the city. I am going to meet her again in summer. I guess we will see how that goes. I am not planning on keeping contact with her while she is away.

Chrysalis

Mars is going to break the friendship up, when it opposes with jupiter. You merc will then be nearing the end of aries and ready to change signs, which shows a change in circumstances.

squirrel

i'm sorry, but this is absurd. you seem to be more concerned about her feelings and attitude towards you, then about your own well being. sorry, but this is kind of masochistic. your friend is a major bi*ch, throw her away, cut all the contact, never speak to her again, ever. forget about this person completely, it's easier than you think. you seem to be a gentle soul, considerate and fair, you should foremostly protect and care about yourself.
i apologize for not giving you an astrological advice or an explanation, and i apologize for being too direct but i had to say this.
i wish you all the best and i wish you to be surrounded by good people. 💙

ElenaJ

In the chart the 11th cusp of friendship is conjunct North node, and ruled by moon, who makes only positive aspects.
So, perhaps this friend had a karmic role to play.
Let's hypothesise that avrillavigna continued to go out with this man, became ever more involved with him, and without her knowing he was playing around behind her back, with women she doesn't know. Would this not be a more brutal awakening for her, having invested so much sentiment in the relationship, and learning about his betrayal late in the game?
Instead, in walks her friend, playing an eye-opening role, so now avrillavigna dumps him quickly. What to do with a friend who seemingly betrayed you? She was weak and inconsiderate as a friend. She did something that she just might now in retrospect regret. How much should she pay for this?
Can avrillavigna meet with her, just the two, and talk out what happened, and the pain the friend caused her?
It's very easy to judge others, slam them, condemn them. It's much more difficult to try to comprehend and forgive.
Her friend did try to get closer to her during the evening, obviously afraid of avrilavigna's reaction. Can they face each other and bind the wound? The chart says yes.
Should they? That's up to how spiritually developed each is.
Friends can make mistakes.

Abby83

i'm sorry, but this is absurd. you seem to be more concerned about her feelings and attitude towards you, then about your own well being. sorry, but this is kind of masochistic. your friend is a major bi*ch, throw her away, cut all the contact, never speak to her again, ever. forget about this person completely, it's easier than you think. you seem to be a gentle soul, considerate and fair, you should foremostly protect and care about yourself.
i apologize for not giving you an astrological advice or an explanation, and i apologize for being too direct but i had to say this.
i wish you all the best and i wish you to be surrounded by good people. 💙

What she said.

ElenaJ

So, moving further, let's take the situation from the opposite point of view, that is, from the friend's position.
She is friends with avrillavigna, cares about her, enjoys being with her, and she is north node on the 11th of friends. North node is the path we should follow in this lifetime, so her challenge is friendship. She does value avrillavigna.
What happens, though? One day she meets up with her friend, and the new flame. We don't know who made the first approach, whether it was she or the guy, but she fell to the temptation of the flesh, to put it in an archaic way. After which it didn't take her long to realise she had betrayed the value of what she had with avrillavigna, for someone who was not even worth it.
This is her learning curve. She has betrayed what was a great value for her. What to do to gain it back? Directly confront avrillavigna begging forgiveness? Knowing that her friend is livid with her? That takes courage. Perhaps dancing around her like a moth to a flame, closer and farther away, until she sees a way to move towards avrilavagna. Anther learning curve for her.
A lump in her heart for what she has lost, hiding it from the world and searching and hoping for a solution that she isn't capable of finding on her own.
So, avrillavigna is now playing the role of the one who helps/obligates her friend into moving spiritually a step higher by learning and holding onto the true value of friendship.
So, the spiritual development here is mutual.
Will closing the friendship bring a greater benefit to either of them, or will it rob them of an opportunity for growth?
Only avrillavagna and her friend will be able to make this decision at the end. We can only try to point out the possible results of the various choices. They have to be the ones to work out their own karma.
And the guy? We keep forgetting about him. He was attracted to avrillavigna and then to her friend, and eventually betrayed both. What lessons should he be learning, and has he learned them or will he continue with this type of harmful behaviour until the situations become progressively more acute and damaging? We'll never know that one, will we?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

What we have in front of us is a perfect triangle in which each person becomes the catalyst for the development and destiny of the other two. Karma has found a diabolic way to make each one trip over the path of the other, entwined together but separate.
This is an extraordinary situation, although we could say it's a common one, where basic values are challenged and betrayed.
However, how often does a protagonist present the dilemma to us in such a clear way, with her pain and indecision? How often is the scene so vividly played out in front of us? With the horary chart to help us peek behind the curtains?
Thank you, avrillavigna.

Last edited:

HeartTree

How to know what is op’s karmic lesson. Maybe it is not to let people walk over her and to find her own boundaries. But I like your approach to this ElenaJ. Avrillavigre I’m sorry that this happened to you. Stay focused on your own needs not hers or his..is my advice to you ❤️

magnolia8

Small update.
She is acting as if nothing happened. She never apologised. We went out a couple of times with our friends and some of them noticed that we are not really talking (not everyone knows what happened and I prefer it that way). At one point she asked me if I'm okay and said that I looked sad. I told her that the reasons are obvious and I think I am handling it wayyyy to well. She tried to make a couple of compliments and "make me feel special , wanted" but I didn't buy it. She left the city. I am going to meet her again in summer. I guess we will see how that goes. I am not planning on keeping contact with her while she is away.

Why do you plan on keeping ANY contact with this person?

avrillavigne

Why do you plan on keeping ANY contact with this person?

We are in a mutual friend group. A really big wonderful friend group (where I am close with most people) and I don't want to loose any of my friends plus I genuinely wanted to know why she did that to me - I considered her very close and it is very difficult for me to let go of this friendship.