"active" declinations & prog parallels; questions.

ashriia

I'm not well versed at all with declinations and parallels.
I have some astrology software; very 1980s, in that it is less visual and more data based.
So i was looking at my declinations and progressed planet parallels to progressed planets. And I don't understand how this works for predictive analysis. Do natal declinations between two planets or sensitive points like POF etc.. become active, like a transit would activate an aspect or house?
Do declinations change over time?

And what can be expected from progressed parallels? Is a parallel akin to an aspect? Stronger, weaker, inner, outer influenced?

Hoping someone can help me out in my comprehension of such.

ashriia

declinations are used both for transits and progressions.
Parallels are like a conjunction, as are contra-parallels - unless Saturn is involved, which would make it a clash-type aspect.

thank you for the info.
just so that I understand, you are stating that declinations are used coupled with transits and progressions, and cannot be used alone for predictive analysis?

secondly, to find information regarding a parallel one can look up the information regarding a conjunction between lets say - sun and jupiter, if one has a parallel between the two planets? Ive heard declinations are similar to conjunctions as well are they one in the same then?