Interpret my Yod?

Witchyone

I don't know why that title sounds dirty to me, but it does. I'm finding that most astrologers either don't know about Yod configurations in charts, know about them and don't think they're important, or know about them and think they're very important.

I'm interested in hearing about practiced astrologers' thoughts on Yods. I'd also love any specific interpretations about the one in my chart: Pluto in Libra and Mars in Leo pointing at the Moon in Pisces. I didn't mention the houses since everyone here seems to use different house systems.

Attachments

• birth chart.PNG
    birth chart.PNG
    203.1 KB · Views: 30

Jadi

Yods are complicated. In my experience, unlike most things, it's not something you can put your finger on by letting others look at a chart. It manifests in a compulsive way and only you know what it is, and you'll have to figure out way a to deal with it or it'll get worse. It's like an itch that can't be neglected.

I know this because I also have a prominent Yod in my chart. But then my Apex planet is in the 12th so it may be more easier to be identified in your chart.

Witchyone

Yods are complicated. In my experience, unlike most things, it's not something you can put your finger on by letting others look at a chart. It manifests in a compulsive way and only you know what it is, and you'll have to figure out way a to deal with it or it'll get worse. It's like an itch that can't be neglected.

I know this because I also have a prominent Yod in my chart. But then my Apex planet is in the 12th so it may be more easier to be identified in your chart.

Compulsion sounds right. I have an experience sometimes that I think may be related to the Yod. Maybe this is familiar to you as well. I become absolutely convinced of something. I mean, I believe it 100%, no doubts. And then something flips, and I think the exact opposite. Sometimes I go back and forth on something of major importance several times. I've learned not to make decisions, no matter how sure I am, because my mind will change. I try to go with the average. It's exhausting.

My thoughts are also completely colored and driven by emotion. Even when I think I'm rational. I often learn later that I was not. Don't know if that's the Yod or other things at work.

Jadi

Compulsion sounds right. I have an experience sometimes that I think may be related to the Yod. Maybe this is familiar to you as well. I become absolutely convinced of something. I mean, I believe it 100%, no doubts. And then something flips, and I think the exact opposite. Sometimes I go back and forth on something of major importance several times. I've learned not to make decisions, no matter how sure I am, because my mind will change. I try to go with the average. It's exhausting.

My thoughts are also completely colored and driven by emotion. Even when I think I'm rational. I often learn later that I was not. Don't know if that's the Yod or other things at work.
You've nailed it. Everything is black and white, until it's not :smile:

katydid

This is a perfect description of 'yodal' energy. lol

My son and my husband both have strong yods. They are both very creative but quirky. And they both flip-flop occasionally about important issues. My husband likes to call it being a 'Devil's Advocate.' He likes to argue both sides passionately and get other's wound up. :devil:

Here is a really odd coincidence. Both my Aries husband and my Aries son have YODS to Venus in the 11th, from a Neptune/Pluto sextile. Husbands is to Venus in Pisces, Son's is to venus in Gemini.

So both have Neptune/Pluto=Venus. :innocent:

katydid

So your yod is :

Mars/Pluto = Moon

Mars/Pluto midpoint is about obsessive compulsions and physical aggressions. Having the Moon at the midpoint would indicate a very strongly opinionated person with a strong will and an emotional bent?

Witchyone

So your yod is :

Mars/Pluto = Moon

Mars/Pluto midpoint is about obsessive compulsions and physical aggressions. Having the Moon at the midpoint would indicate a very strongly opinionated person with a strong will and an emotional bent?

LOL, indeed. I was just describing that about myself in another thread and perhaps misattributing the aggressive tendency to having my Sun in the first house. Fiery doesn't begin to describe the rages I experience. I scare people when I get angry, and I am not large or scary-looking by any stretch. And I always have at least one topic I am obsessively learning every single thing about. And I am so jealous dating was a nightmare.

Witchyone

So your yod is :

Mars/Pluto = Moon

By the way, thank you so much! I think this is the clearest reading I've had of this yet.