Career options

taurous16

Hello!! Posting this chart to ask about my husband's potential to have a brilliant career, or not??? He is in science and he is really obsessed with his job, but there is always something that keeps him behind.
Please, is anyone willing to have a look here?

Attachments

• astro_24gw_04_giannis_2015923.66880.15076.jpg
    astro_24gw_04_giannis_2015923.66880.15076.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 21

muchacho

Hello!! Posting this chart to ask about my husband's potential to have a brilliant career, or not??? He is in science and he is really obsessed with his job, but there is always something that keeps him behind.
Please, is anyone willing to have a look here?
Looks to me he isn't actually the typical career/social climber type. For that there would have to be some indicators of strong ambition. With Moon in the 6th, he has to work in order to feel well. But with his Sun in the 12th, that doesn't look like he's in it for a career in the climbing the social/professional ladder sense. Also, Mercury as the ruler of the 10th in the 12th, that doesn't look like ambition either. But he should be good at doing research, especially on his own.

So, maybe he's not really interested in a career and so nothing is happening in that area.

taurous16

Thank you for your answer! Maybe I did not make this clear..
Well, talking about brilliant career here, I'm referring to a well known scientist, with
lots of reputation on his face, many many scientific papers, well citated and calls in conferences!
Not talking about a big fat salary and fancy social life! I know he doesn't like that lifestyle
even though I wish he would...
Of course he needs money for research, and there are so many EU
calls for funding, even nowadays!
The best for us, like family, would be a salary rise, but I'm not asking that..
He is not really concerned about his salary.. His main concern is to have money for research!

muchacho

Thank you for your answer! Maybe I did not make this clear..
Well, talking about brilliant career here, I'm referring to a well known scientist, with
lots of reputation on his face, many many scientific papers, well citated and calls in conferences!
Not talking about a big fat salary and fancy social life! I know he doesn't like that lifestyle
even though I wish he would...
Of course he needs money for research, and there are so many EU
calls for funding, even nowadays!
The best for us, like family, would be a salary rise, but I'm not asking that..
He is not really concerned about his salary.. His main concern is to have money for research!
I just took a look into your post archive and came across your synastry chart. You have Sun in the 10th in Taurus, right? And he has his Sun in Scorpio in the 12th. Which means the one that needs to have a career and should be the breadwinner is you, not him! You guys may have got it all upside down and so no wonder you are frustrated and things are not working out.

taurous16

That's interested to hear Muchacho... I suppose you read my mind, or something..
In fact this previous minute, was looking at my chart, wondering if its a good idea
to quit my job, which I do not like, and have problems with.
With the job I have at the moment, I'm not really happy, so, no plans for a big career!!

muchacho

That's interested to hear Muchacho... I suppose you read my mind, or something..
In fact this previous minute, was looking at my chart, wondering if its a good idea
to quit my job, which I do not like, and have problems with.
With the job I have at the moment, I'm not really happy, so, no plans for a big career!!
You really should reconsider your relationship and orientation in life. With Sun as ruler of the 1st in the 10th in Taurus and Venus as ruler of 10th in the 11th, you are not suited to stay at home and cook and raise children. You have to go out into the world an leave your mark. A job or a career and getting involved in society is what gives your life meaning. Sure, you've got your Moon in the 4th which suggest that family is important to you, but family is not going to be what gives your life meaning. What gives your life meaning is where your Sun is located.

You've got some tough years behind you. I've already told you that the chart of your husband is not looking like the chart of someone who's going to have a career or who even needs a career. It seems to me that you projected your own ambition onto your husband and are asking something of him that he can't deliver and isn't comfortable of doing, given his chart. So all your past trouble may be due to unrealistic expectations and false ideals. A 10th House Sun is happy to take the responsibly to provide for a family and get ahead in life and strife for recognition and leave a mark in the world. A 12th House Sun feels rather uncomfortable in that role and prefers to go unnoticed and don't leave any traces.

Based on your charts, you should reverse your roles. I suggest you have a talk with your hubby and talk about each others expectations because the story you've told us and what the charts show indicate that you've got it all upside down and backwards.

Also, about the 12th House Sun in your husband's chart. 12th House could also mean overseas, far far away places. So maybe he could have more luck in a different country or different culture than his own.

Retro

Banned
Your husband's career is semi-brilliant. 6th house Moon means his continual drive for success is big, but his undue lackingness in forward-drives is his downfalls. He relies on Marsian activities a lot. I am telling you: You are beautiful: You have chosen the right nick name. -jesus

taurous16

You really should reconsider your relationship and orientation in life. With Sun as ruler of the 1st in the 10th in Taurus and Venus as ruler of 10th in the 11th, you are not suited to stay at home and cook and raise children. You have to go out into the world an leave your mark. A job or a career and getting involved in society is what gives your life meaning. Sure, you've got your Moon in the 4th which suggest that family is important to you, but family is not going to be what gives your life meaning. What gives your life meaning is where your Sun is located.

You've got some tough years behind you. I've already told you that the chart of your husband is not looking like the chart of someone who's going to have a career or who even needs a career. It seems to me that you projected your own ambition onto your husband and are asking something of him that he can't deliver and isn't comfortable of doing, given his chart. So all your past trouble may be due to unrealistic expectations and false ideals. A 10th House Sun is happy to take the responsibly to provide for a family and get ahead in life and strife for recognition and leave a mark in the world. A 12th House Sun feels rather uncomfortable in that role and prefers to go unnoticed and don't leave any traces.

Based on your charts, you should reverse your roles. I suggest you have a talk with your hubby and talk about each others expectations because the story you've told us and what the charts show indicate that you've got it all upside down and backwards.

Also, about the 12th House Sun in your husband's chart. 12th House could also mean overseas, far far away places. So maybe he could have more luck in a different country or different culture than his own.

Thank you for all your effort Muchacho!! Well, what can I say...
My husband is in science, with very high education, and trying to be a
famous researcher! He sometimes has the style, of "laying down and think",
which, I can't tolerate, but, ok, thats him.
On the other hand, I work in a lab, as a technician, I do not have that high education in my cv, and I do not like my job, or at least my colleagues.
There are power games going on there, playing on my back.

On the other hand, YES, there are some tough years behind (hope),
that really made me fall apart at some points. Now things are better.

Was just thinking, if it would be better for me to quit this job, where
I feel that I do not take what I deserve, and move on, or if I should try to
deal with these 2-3 people who cause me troubles and convince my director
to give me what I want....

muchacho

Thank you for all your effort Muchacho!! Well, what can I say...
My husband is in science, with very high education, and trying to be a
famous researcher! He sometimes has the style, of "laying down and think",
which, I can't tolerate, but, ok, thats him.
On the other hand, I work in a lab, as a technician, I do not have that high education in my cv, and I do not like my job, or at least my colleagues.
There are power games going on there, playing on my back.

On the other hand, YES, there are some tough years behind (hope),
that really made me fall apart at some points. Now things are better.

Was just thinking, if it would be better for me to quit this job, where
I feel that I do not take what I deserve, and move on, or if I should try to
deal with these 2-3 people who cause me troubles and convince my director
to give me what I want....
With Moon in Scorpio you may be prone to power games. But I wouldn't recommend that someone with Sun in the 10th and Leo rising spends much energy on such petty stuff.