Tailor Career is good for me?

IKOPIKOP

Hi guys,

I just wondering if anyone could tip in more insights into a chart that I have casted with regards.

Here the background. I am pondering about what kind of business should I choose to support my home business career in my future. I want to to be a stay at home mom but in the same time have business of my own to co-support of our living. This Tailor Business just pop out from my thought and I am curious if this is my real calling.

North Node in 4th house - Life work may occur in situations involving the home which is later in my life.
Ruler of the Sign that the placement of North Node is Venus. Venus is 10th house of career conjunct my career ruler Mars. Taurus rulers is Venus too and when I look at the career by sign, Taurus rules Tailor career.
Mars is ruler of my 10th house and it is in 10th house Aries. Indicates that it is better I work independently rather than working for others, which is actually fine for a while, but when I reach the age of 30 something (way pass my 1st Saturn return) I have this strong urge to stop working for others and start working for myself and my family.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_edwina_hv.32475.17513.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_edwina_hv.32475.17513.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 32

kimbermoon

what pops out to me first is your Moon in Virgo:
skilled work; attention to details; precision; stylish clothing; perfectly suited for tailoring;
-trine aspect with Mercury, ruler of Virgo.
-Biquintiles to Mars and Venus [10th ]
Sun in Gemini-work using the hands;
Mercury biq Neptune:
Saturn quintile NN, in the 2nd H; are you interested in design as well?
NN in Libra allows for creativity;
Grand Fire Trine connecting the houses relating to career/resources;
Jupiter rules the 6th sxt Saturn; con the Sun and trine Pluto;
Jupiter in 12th : gains through private endeavors/working alone;
yet what about the opposition to your 6th H Neptune? How might that hinder you?
Mars/Pluto opposition between 10th/4th; what might that say about balancing between the home and family? Does working outside the home have adverse effects on the children? [Pluto rules the 5th];
Conversely, would working at home be a distraction to your work?
I am sure you have considered all the angles in this. Overall I see good potentials for this endeavor. While the oppositions can contribute to stress and tension, once their impact has been realized, you can work towards maintaining a proper balance. And balancing between family and work is what it is all about.

IKOPIKOP

Saturn quintile NN, in the 2nd H; are you interested in design as well?
I do interested in design, but I did not have any basic or chance to work in design field before. But it is not too late to learn isn't it?

yet what about the opposition to your 6th H Neptune? How might that hinder you?
The Opposition between Jupiter/Sun to Neptune. (Jupiter rules my 6th, Sun rules my 2nd House and the Neptune rules my 9th house) Maybe the tension might occur in workplace, resources or my belief? I don’t see the link yet.. But maybe I should take attention in this area of my life if I choose this career.

Mars/Pluto opposition between 10th/4th; what might that say about balancing between the home and family? Does working outside the home have adverse effects on the children? [Pluto rules the 5th];
Conversely, would working at home be a distraction to your work?
I do realize the obstacle if I want to have this career in my home with a small children around and it is not easy. Compared to me working outside the home and working at home, I rather choose to work at home as I can monitor my children while working in a same time. Fulfilling my soul mission (North Node 4th house) is what I am looking for. Still remember when I was in my youth, I never pictured myself in domestic live. But now the urge to resign from my 8 to 6pm working hours is so strong. I really want to stay at home with my family but still want to earn money from home.

With the several positives indicator for this particular career in my chart, I should start to make a plan to realized it.

Thank you kimbermoon.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi Ikopikop: I have NN in 4th too and with my desire to be home with the family and work I created a tailor shop at home. Learning to design might be a bit much with building a new business. I took a home study course that took about 2 years and taught me all I needed. To separate my workshop from my home, I turned my garage into a tailor shop and my children were in school during the day so I could focus my energy on my work and not be drawn away on other matters to frequently. A great bulk of my work came from other seamstresses who designed clothes for their customers and needed finishing work done.

I like what greybeard said, full speed ahead.

IKOPIKOP

Hi Moondancing,

Thanks for sharing your experience in building your home business.A great inspiration for me. I Intend to take a part time course in dressmaking, but I am in early pregnancy now, my morning sickness and fatigue limit my movement.
My target is to resign from current job, build my home business before I reach age of 40. (I am now 37).