Pluto opposite ascendant

RiseAndShine

Hi guys! Lately I've been very interested in Pluto and in particular about this aspect. I get that it makes you look for plutonic kind of people because you really don't own this energy. It is like as if you are projecting your Pluto on others, am I right? What is your insight about this aspect? Please keep in mind that I am referring to a very tight opposition (orb: 0°46‘)

Lin

So you are talking about Pluto in the natal 7th house on the cusp opposing the ASC, right?
What it means depends upon the sign, other planets in either house, and aspects to and from all planets involved in both houses.
LIN

HighlyEvolved

Yes, you can be attracted to plutonic people, as they project the side you DO have, but you are not much aware of it, hence the projecting on the other people. You crave intense relationships.

detectahead

The strength of your natal pluto has a lot to do with its transits within the chart. Overall, the lesson of pluto thru the 7th is one-to-one relationships/encounters with others.

RiseAndShine

Yes, you can be attracted to plutonic people, as they project the side you DO have, but you are not much aware of it, hence the projecting on the other people. You crave intense relationships.

OK so if I am not aware of it, other people are? I mean, if pluto on the ascendant shows very much in a person, pluto opposite the ascendent shouldn't be detected at all, right?

RiseAndShine

So you are talking about Pluto in the natal 7th house on the cusp opposing the ASC, right?
What it means depends upon the sign, other planets in either house, and aspects to and from all planets involved in both houses.
LIN

I didn't want to make it personal but since you asked...
pluto is in scorpio, rising in taurus. 7th house has nothing but pluto and I have moon in the first house in taurus. Pluto is also opposite moon, since my moon is in the same degree of my ascendent

Lin

Well that is hard. Because of this: we attract different types of people at different stages of our lives.
So the person who would attract you when you are 18 might be totally different from the one you attract at 32. Etc.
Also: the aspects and transits to the Moon will keep that 7th house in motion....which might make you uneasy as Pluto in Scorpio is very fixed and doesn't like change.

But whether you like change or not, Pluto represents, symbolically, evolution of the person thru time....and in the 7th house, evolution of THAT which attracts you thru time. So you are stuck with this. the person you attract says a LOT about YOU. Because the 7th house is the "mirror."

And the Pluto opp the Moon makes emotions very volatile during difficult transits to that moon. You will do best when there are positive aspects to the Moon by transit.
LIN

plutonic thunder

I think it's more of a flip flop situation where a person with this aspect chooses to either be dominant and demanding in a relationship or they want to be dominated in a relationship. I sometimes find myself being controlling in relationships which is when I become more aware that this aspect is definitely is apart of my personality. Its kind of messed up always having power struggles in relationships..but thats what pluto is.

I also think that this aspect has to deal with extreme reactions people have for you (intrigued/appalled) by you

i have pluto in Sagittarius in the 6th house, with gemini rising.