All Fire Signs, double dose?

mahlion

i'm new to interpreting charts and feel like there's a lot of inter-connectedness with my planet locations...like i might be getting a double dose of fire signs.

My Ascendant is in Leo
My Moon is in Aries/9th house
My Sun is in Sagittarius/5th house

Mars is in Sagittarius/5th house
Jupiter in Virgo/2nd house

hailp plz

(born december 14 1991 8:12pm eastern standard time langhorne, pennsylvania, usa)

greybeard

It is significant that both Lights are in Fire signs. The Ascendant is not normally used (at least in the way I practice astrology; some will disagree) in assessing the strength of Elements and Qualities because it is an abstract point and not a body.

That said, I would include the Ascendant here. Four planets, including both Lights are in Fire. This represents a significant but not exceptional emphasis on Fire signs. Additionally, as you pointed out, 4 planets are in fiery houses, adding somewhat to that emphasis, but houses are different from signs and do not carry the same implications. Sun, who is lord of the Ascendant is also in a fiery sign.

Modern astrology tends to blur the lines between signs and houses. They are different in nature.

So, you have a moderate emphasis on Fire. I don't consider it strong enough to be classed as a preponderance.

What is the question? If you want a reading, the chart should be placed in that section of the forum. The moderators will probably move it there. Also, you will get more responses if you will go to astro.com, cast your chart there and insert it as a thumbnail here. The forum provides instructions on how to do this.

The shaping of your chart is interesting. Notice how Jupiter (who plays a predominant role in the life because of his position in relation to the rest of the planets) and Moon stand apart from the massing of the 8 other planets? If these two planets stand out in the chart, then they also stand out in the life. What you see is what you get. The two planets rise to special prominence in the interpretation, meaning that the characteristics described by the two will stand out in the personality.

Of further, and very important significance in this regard is the fact that Sun stands exactly on the midpoint of these two planets. The entire planetary pattern (the weight of it, if you will) falls directly on the Sun. He becomes the central figure in this chart, standiing as he does exactly between the two planets (Jupiter and Moon) that define the boundaries of the personality, or the extreme ends of the pattern. The T-square between Jupiter, Moon and Sun is effective (8-degree orb). The cross-sign nature of the formation is significant, and I believe it is beneficial because it helps to upset the otherwise over-exaggerated symmetry of the chart as a whole, which can lead to an excessive need to find perfection in an imperfect world with its consequent perturbations.

If I were going to interpret this chart for you (I am not going to do that), this midpoint formation is where I would start. I would place a primary importance on it, because it includes the two extremes and the central player in the chart. Furthermore, Jupiter becomes predominant by position (he is "cutting planet" of the Bowl pattern, and he is the sole planet in the Eastern hemisphere of the chart, a "solitaire by hemisphere") and Sun is lord of the horoscope.

Note that the distance from Jupiter to Venus is 56 degrees, and the distance from Moon to Saturn is also 56 degrees (effective sextile aspects.) The chart is exceptionally symmetrical, unusually so. This ties in with the midpoint formation just mentioned, in a secondary role. Sun is also at the midpoint of Venus/Saturn. He is also in semisquare aspect (42 degrees...the 3-degree orb should certainly be allowed and considered effective because of the symmetry and centrality of Sun) to each of them. See how the Sun is being brought to center stage by the very structure of the planetary pattern? And Sun is lord of the horoscope, which is a power.

While I am not interpreting the chart for you, I am analyzing the structure of the chart (the structure of anything determines its function) for you so that you can assign the planets their proper position in the hierarchy of power of the planets relative to each other...in other words, determine which planets tend to exercise the most influence in the personality and destiny. Careful analysis is always the first and most important step in horoscope interpretation. The analysis is of the Whole Chart; it is holistic.

Jupiter plays a preeminent role in the life. He affects every aspect of the life without regard to any other chart factor. The inherent nature of Jupiter, as modified by his sign and house position, the condition of his lord Mercury, the aspects (and midpoint relationshhips) he beholds, and other factors, will lead you into life. Jupiter opens the way for you to discover life and yourself.

In interpretation, you will look at what "Jupiter in Virgo" means, and follow the same path to understanding each of the other conditions of Jupiter. Each one of them will describe things about you and your life. You then synthesize what you find. Follow the same procedure for each of the planets and you will be amazed at what you learn about yourself. (Also note that Jupiter, apart from being the cutting planet, is lord of the Sun, and rules the central and highlighted Fifth House -- and the Eighth as well.)

The Sun is the central figure in this chart. He plays the starring role. Along with that, the sign of Sagittarius and the Fifth House are also featured. The Fifth House describes the stage -- the circumstances, types of activities, and people the Sun will act in and through -- and the sign describes the nature and qualities of the stage and of the Sun himself. Signs are essential -- they describe the inherent nature of things; houses are accidental (circumstantial, environmental).

Every single thing in a chart has significance, can be interpreted meaningfully in terms of your personality and destiny. All planets hold multiple meanings, some of which will manifest persistently throughout the life as character traits and some of which signal important life events that will manifest at specific times.

Last edited: