Whole signs house system

Moonwind

Does anybody else prefer this HS? I think my chart looks sloppy & disjointed using every other system. But with whole signs, my sun & saturn are fully into the 12th house (where they belong), and I like how every house is simply delegated to one sign, rather than sharing significant chunks of space with the neighboring sign.

Conclusion: Me like.

Who else likes?

dr. farr

We have many threads/posts here on AW discussing whole sign houses. As is well known here on AW, I exclusively use whole sign in all delineations and predictive experiments (a nickname of mine is "Dr. Whole Sign":sideways:)
I switched from using Placidus (which I had done for several decades) to whole sign about 15 years ago, and I have never regretted doing so!

Moonwind

We have many threads/posts here on AW discussing whole sign houses.

Yeah, I saw a good one...right after I'd already posted this. LOL I got a little excited because I'd redrawn my chart in Janus with the whole sign system, several planets moved, and the interpretations were far more accurate than the previous placidus calculations. I had the sun & saturn hanging out in the end of the 11th house, so I knew they would move, but mercury fell in there too! Result: WAY more accurate than the previous 11th house interpretation.

As is well known here on AW, I exclusively use whole sign in all delineations and predictive experiments (a nickname of mine is "Dr. Whole Sign":sideways:)
I switched from using Placidus (which I had done for several decades) to whole sign about 15 years ago, and I have never regretted doing so!
Cool! I saw you in that other thread, expressing your love for whole signs.:biggrin: Aside from everything just making more sense, I really appreciate the clean look of it. The other systems are a hot mess, IMHO.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Okay, I am suppose to be working on a school paper and think I will avoid it and just keep posting instead :whistling:

When I first started with Astrology I used whole house mainly because I did not know how to do the math (this was before, when computers had full refrigerated rooms and tapes) As learning was just from books the library happened to have, I didn't know much about planets in different placements to do comparisons.

At 20 I went to see an Astrologer (Kathy Neal) in Denver and had a reading. It was so completely off base, I felt bad saying over and over, that doesn't sound like me.... I went home and found I gave her an hour earlier birthtime than my own. So I went back and it was all on the money then... she used Koch.

As many do, I use different house systems for different types of Astrology. I use Placidus for natal, Regiomontanus for horary, and Whole when looking at Returns. It is best to decide which you will use based off of predictive Astrology, which gave the correct results for you.

Robert Hand was enthusiastic about Koch (that seems a good enough endorsement for me) and since has switched to using Whole House. I respect his work so may go ahead and start making both charts and see how that works.

I guess the biggest reason I cringe with using Whole house is that it puts my 12th house Sun in the first house spotlight. It immediately wanted to scuttlebug right back to the 12th and hide. :crying:

JUPITERASC

I guess the biggest reason I cringe with using Whole house is that it puts my 12th house Sun in the first house spotlight. It immediately wanted to scuttlebug right back to the 12th and hide. :crying:
Consider comments made by aglaya on another thread :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=448907#post448907
However, even a 12th house Sun will not denial public success.

As a matter of fact, many professions that are nowadays considered public, have got a strong connection with the 12th. You might want to find a list of public persons with a strong 12th or a 12th house Sun - the list is most likely to be impressive.
Take acting as an example- if we exclude startles, models and ex body-builders who join the army of public performers for the purpose of becoming recognised, seen and well paid (those, after all, aren't really actors!), we are left with people who live their life hidden behind other people's personalities- their characters. Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Bloom...they all have a 12th house Sun.

Similarly, a prominent 12th can often be found in the charts of people who became famous for their work although the majority of their activities remains hidden behind the walls of their home - writers, for instance!

The MC is not the only place where one becomes famous, after all! ;)

Cheers, aglaya
For example,

ex-President George W Bush is a Tropical Leo Ascendant with a 12th house Tropical Cancer Sun
:smile:
True, great example!
I find his chart so interesting! Its probably one of the best examples of how 12th house matters can turn you into a world famous person!

My Ascendant ruler went into the 12th in Leo and my Sun is in Cancer- I think I might become a president myself!" :biggrin:

(The influence of Cancer in the charts of presidents and prime ministers and its connection with the Sun is yet another interesting topic- Cancer rules masses and national heritage, the Sun rules authorities and pride; a mix of the two energies can create anything from a fighter for independence to a dictator).

Moonwind

My sun is in Cancer in the 12th house, and my rising sign is Leo. I'm very much into fighting for independance & freedom. But the influence of Saturn kinda throws a wet blanket on everything.

dr. farr

Actually, when considering the houses of joy and sorrow of the planets (from Greco Roman astrology particularly) the Sun in the 3rd house (the Sun's "House of Sorrow") would-everything else being equal-be more problematical (for the Sun's influences and significations) than Sun being in the 12th house.

Supplemental: the earliest known list of the planetary houses of joy and sorrow, is found in Manilius (14 AD), and I append it below:
Sun: joy = 9th, sorrow = 3
Moon: joy = 3, sorrow = 9
Mercury: joy = 1, sorrow = 7
Venus: joy = 10, sorrow = 4
Mars: joy = 6, sorrow = 12
Jupiter: joy = 11, sorrow = 5
Saturn: joy = 4, sorrow = 10
{addenum: Valens and the later Hellenist authors switched the joy of Saturn to the 12th house and its sorrow to the 6th house, which allocation was continued into the Islamic transitional era and through the Medieval and Renaissance times}