Moon in different signs - how does it affect you?

queenfluff

I think I might be putting this in the wrong section but not sure where it could go so mods feel free to move it if necessary.

I have just been studying my natal chart and transits this year so I am still making observations on the way they affect me etc.

I have noticed that I feel my best when the Moon is in certain signs and I feel my worst when the Moon in in other signs.

My natal moon is in Sag in the 1st house. When the Moon is in a fire sign, I feel relatively like my Moon in Sag. I feel best - calm, grounded, at peace - when the Moon is in Taurus and secondly Pisces. Right now, the Moon is in Gemini and I hate it. It makes me anxious and nervous - like there is a knot in my stomach.

I plan to start taking more carefully observations of how I feel when the Moon is in different signs but I notice this last time the Moon was in Taurus and than move to Gemini (my 6th and 7th houses).

This may be a pretty basic topic I don't know. I was wondering if it depending on what your natal Moon is in whether one can feel better or worse when in the Moon is in certain other signs. Or might it have to do with where or not you have any planets in those houses being transited?

I have Saturn in Taurus in my sixth house - so when the Moon goes through there I have a conjunction which probably more relaxing to my mood (makes me more Taurus like than my normal restless, Sag Moon/Virgo Sun self).

But Moon in Gemini - I feel like I going for a job interview. All on edge, nervous - even if nothing much is going on. I have a hard time sleeping too. My Gemini is my 7th house and I have no planets there.

Anyhow, maybe I just grasping at straws here but just wondering if my obeservations have any validity - or I am just being a typical Mars Square Uranus "weirdo" LOL!

If anyone has any experiences or information, that would be great! :biggrin:

Last edited:

LittleMiss

Ever since I started studying astrology I have had a great fascination for the moons transits. I keep track of the daily transits every day! This has been of great value for me, and my self-development!
I don't know for sure how I feel the influence of the certain signs, but I very much feel the effect when it transits planets and points in my natal chart. Conjuntion to ascendant, opposition and conjunction to my sun, conjunction to my moon are all aspects I feel very vivdely.
By keeping track of the daily transits I've gotten to know my charts sore-spots in a much deeper level!!

Pallas-trine-Mars

I'm a Cancer. Sometimes I notice the Moon's sign, sometimes I don't. I hate how depressing the Capricorn Moon usually is or when the Moon negatively aspects Saturn, though I still prefer it to a VOC Sag one.

I've also noticed that despite popular sayings the New Moon seems to usually be more malefic than the Full Moon, makes people misbehave.

queenfluff

Thanks for your comments everyone. I am glad I am not the only one noticing. I am pretty sure the aspects are making a difference too but I just was thinking how strange it is that when the moon is in certain signs how I feel off or great. For the Moon in Gemini, it would end up (when at certain degrees) opposing my Mars in Sag - so maybe that is why I feel all on edge and nervous. A Moon in Taurus would be conjuncting my Saturn in Taurus will normally make my everyday life (in 6th house) a struggle and on the days is in Taurus in my 6th - everyday life doesn't seem like such a struggle.

astrologer50, I know the Moons transits are short (only 2 1/2 days) but I still notice them. even though they are short lived, the Moon will eventually be in that sign again in another month so to me it is worthwhile to notice why it affects me as it does on certain days. It like a woman's "time of the month" thing to me. If Gemini Moon makes me feel ****** than that affects two days out of my month, to me it is important.

Now, that the Moon is going to Cancer, I feel more relaxed and focused. Suffice it to say that Air Moon do not agree with me it seems.

Aquachime

I notice the Moon transits acutely and I think this is because I have the Moon conjunct my Asc, basically making me quite Lunar activated. Asc-physical, Moon-emotions conjunct from 12th hse-sub conscious, pretty much all encompassing for me :smile: Add my Lunar aspects and my chart can show why I am so sensitive to this Light. Maybe those with strong Lunar energy in their charts will be the more receptive to these transits. I find it helps me anticipate my moods and the publics in general, to plan accordingly. Helpful to my relationship also as he is Cancer Rising:surprised: Personally I resonate to the fire Moon transits but need to be aware of being over emotional during the Sag Moon as that is my natal placement. I find the Pisces and Virgo Moon transits challenging, I am Pisces Sun natally. I have used the Moons phases for years for my personal monthly cycle record with great accuracy:wink:

queenfluff

I notice the Moon transits acutely and I think this is because I have the Moon conjunct my Asc, basically making me quite Lunar activated. Asc-physical, Moon-emotions conjunct from 12th hse-sub conscious, pretty much all encompassing for me :smile: Add my Lunar aspects and my chart can show why I am so sensitive to this Light. Maybe those with strong Lunar energy in their charts will be the more receptive to these transits. I find it helps me anticipate my moods and the publics in general, to plan accordingly. Helpful to my relationship also as he is Cancer Rising:surprised: Personally I resonate to the fire Moon transits but need to be aware of being over emotional during the Sag Moon as that is my natal placement. I find the Pisces and Virgo Moon transits challenging, I am Pisces Sun natally. I have used the Moons phases for years for my personal monthly cycle record with great accuracy:wink:

Thanks Aquachime! Hmm, I wonder if one has conjunction or other aspects to their moon whether they are more sensitive to this perhaps? While others won't even notice it(or perhaps aren't perceptive in the way to make the pattern connections?) I don't have Moon conjunct Asc but my Moon is in my first house and it is conjunct Neptune which is also in my first house and IS conjunct my Asc (scorpio). I also have Moon trines to Jupiter and Uranus - those aren't in my first house though.

Interesting! I know my Moon in 1st house makes me more emotional and sensitive. Perhaps I am more sensitive to the lunar changes because of that.

I don't have Moon conjunct Asc but my Moon is in my first house and it is conjunct Neptune which is also in my first house and IS conjunct my Asc (scorpio). I also have Moon trines to Jupiter and Uranus - those aren't in my first house though.

No wonder you feel moon transits so acutely, you are built to feel them :smile: Is your moon in :scorpio: as well?

As for myself, I have a very strong :cancer: moon that trines Mars & Uranus, sextiles Jupiter, squares Pluto & Mercury.
I often feel when moon and is transiting natal houses, the issues related to these houses start surfacing in my life.

But the most interesting thing is that I have Neptune in the 12th house and every time moon makes an aspect to it I have very vivid weird dreams. If the aspect is positive the dreams are interesting and cinematic, if negative - scary and unpleasant. It works every time especially when moon makes an exact aspect during my sleep. I've been monitoring this for a while now and it always works. Amazing...

queenfluff

No wonder you feel moon transits so acutely, you are built to feel them :smile: Is your moon in :scorpio: as well?

As for myself, I have a very strong :cancer: moon that trines Mars & Uranus, sextiles Jupiter, squares Pluto & Mercury.
I often feel when moon and is transiting natal houses, the issues related to these houses start surfacing in my life.

But the most interesting thing is that I have Neptune in the 12th house and every time moon makes an aspect to it I have very vivid weird dreams. If the aspect is positive the dreams are interesting and cinematic, if negative - scary and unpleasant. It works every time especially when moon makes an exact aspect during my sleep. I've been monitoring this for a while now and it always works. Amazing...

Really? So perhaps that is it than. No, actually my Moon is in Sag (my first house covers some Scorp and some Sag). See my attached chart.

My Moon major aspects are:

Moon sextile Jupiter
Moon sextile Uranus
Moon conjunct Neptune
Moon trine Chiron
Moon Square MC

I will have to pay closer attention to the transit - I am just learning them (just finished learning my natal chart) and see how any of those affect me too and not just Moon transiting through my certain houses and signs.

I too have some pretty wacky dreams almost always - normally they make no sense if I can remember them that is! :) Once I get the hang of relating my transits to my chart than I will notice some pattern.

I guess I will have to pay special attention to my Neptune too - that would make sense that it could affect your dreams since that is Neptune area. I am too big a day dreamer - I hate it sometimes but like it sometimes. Mostly I hate it when I can't control it. Perhaps those are the times when the Moon is transiting my Neptune - which would be Moon in Scorpio? That will be coming up soon so I will see what happens! :)

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• astrochart BIG.jpg
    astrochart BIG.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 23