Indications of fertility in the natal chart

Tamara

In this forum there were several questions about pregnancies. So i just decided to post this thread where i'll try to give some general rules how to judge this question in the natal chart.
Whether a person will have children or not cannot be judged from his or her individual horoscope with any degree of accuracy for this matter is not dependent on one only, therefore the horoscope of the prospective parents should be compared and the individuals indications blended, then if both horoscopes show a fruitful nature many children will be born, but if both are only moderately fertile, or if one is very fruitful and the other barren, the forecast must be made accordingly.
The indications shown in the individual horoscope may be interpreted as follows:
The Moon is the planet of fecundation and therefore the most important significator. The fifth house denotes first pregnancy. So the Moon in the fourth house is weak and is classical predisposition of infertility as the fourth house is twelvth from the 5th, or there may be children but under special circumstanses. Also important planets are Venus and Jupiter. If either of these planets is in the 5th house, and in one of the fruitful or double-bodied signs, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Gemini, or Sagittarius, it is an indication that the person has a fruitful nature and will have a number of children who will be of good and pleasant disposition. A similar judgement may be formed if the 11th house is thus invested. For if we turn the horoscope upside down so that the 7th house becomes the first, then it will show the marriage partner's figure, and the 11th house is his/her 5th house, therefore both the 5th and 11th houses should be concidered in this matter.
When Mars, Saturn, Sun or Uranus are in the 5th or 11th houses, they either prevent the birth of children or destroy them during childhood. This is particularly true if Aries, Leo or Capricorn are on the cusps of either of these houses.
When the Moon is in Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Gemini, or Sagittarius, in good aspect to Jupiter or Venus, a large family is indicated. But when the Moon is in Aries, Leo, or Capricorn, and afflicted by one of the malefics or by the Sun, the marriage is usually barren. Saturn and Venus in the 7th house is also a sign of marriage without issue.
If there is a difference in the testimonies of the 5th and 11th houses the judgement must be modified.
Could anybody here add something?

millionora

Hi Tamara,

interesting info. i am curious, i know the fifth house rules the first child, which house rules the second, third, fourth, and so on?

Thank you.

love, light, truth

blessings

AquariusT

t
Tamara said:
In this forum there were several questions about pregnancies. So i just decided to post this thread where i'll try to give some general rules how to judge this question in the natal chart.
Whether a person will have children or not cannot be judged from his or her individual horoscope with any degree of accuracy for this matter is not dependent on one only, therefore the horoscope of the prospective parents should be compared and the individuals indications blended, then if both horoscopes show a fruitful nature many children will be born, but if both are only moderately fertile, or if one is very fruitful and the other barren, the forecast must be made accordingly.
The indications shown in the individual horoscope may be interpreted as follows:
The Moon is the planet of fecundation and therefore the most important significator. The fifth house denotes first pregnancy. So the Moon in the fourth house is weak and is classical predisposition of infertility as the fourth house is twelvth from the 5th, or there may be children but under special circumstanses. Also important planets are Venus and Jupiter. If either of these planets is in the 5th house, and in one of the fruitful or double-bodied signs, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Gemini, or Sagittarius, it is an indication that the person has a fruitful nature and will have a number of children who will be of good and pleasant disposition. A similar judgement may be formed if the 11th house is thus invested. For if we turn the horoscope upside down so that the 7th house becomes the first, then it will show the marriage partner's figure, and the 11th house is his/her 5th house, therefore both the 5th and 11th houses should be concidered in this matter.
When Mars, Saturn, Sun or Uranus are in the 5th or 11th houses, they either prevent the birth of children or destroy them during childhood. This is particularly true if Aries, Leo or Capricorn are on the cusps of either of these houses.
When the Moon is in Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Gemini, or Sagittarius, in good aspect to Jupiter or Venus, a large family is indicated. But when the Moon is in Aries, Leo, or Capricorn, and afflicted by one of the malefics or by the Sun, the marriage is usually barren. Saturn and Venus in the 7th house is also a sign of marriage without issue.
If there is a difference in the testimonies of the 5th and 11th houses the judgement must be modified.
Could anybody here add something?

I am sorry. I beg to differ on most of this and these generalized statements attribute to the downfall and chart mistakes of future and current Astrolgers. I do see some accuracies, overall it is not right on, imo. Please share, where did you learn these "rules"?

It worries me greatly that people who study astrology are reading things on the internet, that just anyone can type and basically make up, and taking it to heart and to be true. That really scares me.

RayAustin

Um, why was my post deleted?
Maybe I should say this again, strictly astrologicaly.

Tamara, *in my opinion*, it is wayward to look towards the 11th as indicators of fertility, having children. The most direct and efficient way would be to keep in mind of the ascendant and regard the natal without turning. The fifth house is the most pertinent house -- Just because your partner's fifth house/lord is fertile or has good aspects to Jupiter--don't mean their children are your children, and because the partner has arguments of fertility, doesn't mean you will.

Ray:) And please don't delete, seriously.

FleetingDasein

Ray, your post is in the other thread I believe.

There are two threads. I'm getting confused as hell trying to follow both. Someone please merge them :)

Last edited:

RayAustin

FleetingDasein said:
Ray, your post is in the other thread I believe.

There are two threads. I'm getting confused as hell trying to follow both. Someone please merge them :)

Thanks for pointing that out Fleeting, I was about to get worked up! (which doesn't happen often). :p

Ray:)