Jupiter Retrograde in Sag (My Moon and NN)

GeminiSun

I've had incredibly good luck and so many blessing the last year or so, like major advancement in life.

But oh my gosh. Ever since it's been like Pisces season, dramatic things have happened. Now I'm worried even more with this huge Jupiter Retrograde effecting two of my personal planets.

Can anyone predict how this will effect me? I just don't want anymore "major events" that are disastrous. :unsure:

Attachments

• astrology.jpg
    astrology.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 20

Osamenor

Staff member
Jupiter spends four months of every year retrograde. When has it been a disaster for you before?

With the social planets (Jupiter and Saturn) and the outers (Uranus through Pluto), they move so slowly and spend so much time retrograde that their retrogrades don't really affect anything in and of themselves. What Jupiter retrograde really means is it's staying about where it is for a while. If Jupiter aspects any of your placements when it's retrograde, you get three direct passes of the aspect: one before the retrograde, one during, and one after. All that means, again, is you've got that aspect going on for longer.

In your case, this Jupiter retrograde is doing the opposite: it's refracting from major aspects in your chart. Jupiter turned retrograde a couple degrees short of making a trine to your natal Venus, and it will station direct a degree and a half away from exact opposition to your natal sun. Since your moon and north node are earlier in Sagittarius, the Jupiter retrograde won't touch them at all.

Inner planet retrogrades are much more likely to be a source of drama. If we're talking an especially chaotic kind of drama, Uranus is probably at play, and if we're talking about the illusions or shattered illusions kind, Neptune probably is. This last Pisces season saw Mercury retrograde in Pisces, and it finished its retrograde in conjunction with Neptune. None of your placements are at the right degree to have been transited by that, but Mercury did cross your fifth house cusp several times, and Neptune is near it. If this drama had to do with casual romance, creative pursuits, hobbies, things like that, it would fit.

At the same time, Uranus moved into Taurus, and it's sitting at 2 degrees Taurus right now: sextile your Saturn and Mercury, quincunx your Moon and Jupiter - and since your Moon and Jupiter sextile each other, this transit is turning that sextile into a yod pointing at t-Uranus. That sounds like the most likely set of ingredients in your chaos recipe to me.

GeminiSun

Jupiter spends four months of every year retrograde. When has it been a disaster for you before?

With the social planets (Jupiter and Saturn) and the outers (Uranus through Pluto), they move so slowly and spend so much time retrograde that their retrogrades don't really affect anything in and of themselves. What Jupiter retrograde really means is it's staying about where it is for a while. If Jupiter aspects any of your placements when it's retrograde, you get three direct passes of the aspect: one before the retrograde, one during, and one after. All that means, again, is you've got that aspect going on for longer.

In your case, this Jupiter retrograde is doing the opposite: it's refracting from major aspects in your chart. Jupiter turned retrograde a couple degrees short of making a trine to your natal Venus, and it will station direct a degree and a half away from exact opposition to your natal sun. Since your moon and north node are earlier in Sagittarius, the Jupiter retrograde won't touch them at all.

Inner planet retrogrades are much more likely to be a source of drama. If we're talking an especially chaotic kind of drama, Uranus is probably at play, and if we're talking about the illusions or shattered illusions kind, Neptune probably is. This last Pisces season saw Mercury retrograde in Pisces, and it finished its retrograde in conjunction with Neptune. None of your placements are at the right degree to have been transited by that, but Mercury did cross your fifth house cusp several times, and Neptune is near it. If this drama had to do with casual romance, creative pursuits, hobbies, things like that, it would fit.

At the same time, Uranus moved into Taurus, and it's sitting at 2 degrees Taurus right now: sextile your Saturn and Mercury, quincunx your Moon and Jupiter - and since your Moon and Jupiter sextile each other, this transit is turning that sextile into a yod pointing at t-Uranus. That sounds like the most likely set of ingredients in your chaos recipe to me.
This pretty much sums it up

I opened up my mouth and reacted very harshly over a situation where illusions shattered because I was so triggered that I felt it was justified, but behavior like that never is.

I also had another weird incident 2 weeks ago that was pretty, pretty bad and like an "act out" moment but I don't want to discuss it.

These two events just seemed super unusual and almost weird and out of my control, because I was making so many advancements and doing so well (still am) but it's almost like, these two events kind of blew up in my face to look at something deeper.

Anyway, thanks so much for your post!!

Edit: Oh my gosh, your last sentence freaked me out. LOL!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
So, if I'm reading this right, what you've made great strides on the last year had a lot to do with changing your behavior, and working with whatever was triggering your reactions, and you thought you'd arrived. Is that at all correct?

Getting triggered all over again and reacting in a way you thought you were done with is bound to happen when you're doing that kind of work. Growth and change happens in layers. You'd made progress through one layer, or a few layers, but there's still another layer, or more, to go.

Having a big mover in place - like Uranus or Neptune or both - and getting triggered by a faster transit, is great timing for the revelation of the next layer.

I'd take a closer look at Uranus turning your Moon/Jupiter sextile into a yod. When there's a yod in the natal chart, it's a lifelong problem to solve: the focal planet of the yod is very strong for the native, but they have a hard time integrating it, especially with the messages of the planets that form its legs. For the native to function well, with the yod, every planet in it has to be functioning well, expressing its highest form. If any part of it is being expressed in a negative way, the whole thing gets negatively expressed, becoming a major problem, and a major source of chaos.

You don't have any yods in your natal chart, but when a sextile turns into a yod by transit - especially if this is an outer planet that's staying there for a while - you have to pay attention to those planets in sextile, because it's like having a natal yod, for as long as the transit is in effect. Moon is where our most unconscious beliefs, and the behaviors they drive, live. I've picked up from previous looks at your chart that Jupiter plays some of that role for you, too.

Without Uranus disrupting this nicely flowing sextile, you're free to let it get perfectly dysfunctional and not have to think about it. You're also free to try to express it in a better way, and it sounds like that's what you've been doing - but once Uranus planted itself there, the lingering dysfunction came right to the surface. Uranus isn't letting you get away with thinking all the work is done when it's not.

GeminiSun

So, if I'm reading this right, what you've made great strides on the last year had a lot to do with changing your behavior, and working with whatever was triggering your reactions, and you thought you'd arrived. Is that at all correct?

Getting triggered all over again and reacting in a way you thought you were done with is bound to happen when you're doing that kind of work. Growth and change happens in layers. You'd made progress through one layer, or a few layers, but there's still another layer, or more, to go.

Having a big mover in place - like Uranus or Neptune or both - and getting triggered by a faster transit, is great timing for the revelation of the next layer.

I'd take a closer look at Uranus turning your Moon/Jupiter sextile into a yod. When there's a yod in the natal chart, it's a lifelong problem to solve: the focal planet of the yod is very strong for the native, but they have a hard time integrating it, especially with the messages of the planets that form its legs. For the native to function well, with the yod, every planet in it has to be functioning well, expressing its highest form. If any part of it is being expressed in a negative way, the whole thing gets negatively expressed, becoming a major problem, and a major source of chaos.

You don't have any yods in your natal chart, but when a sextile turns into a yod by transit - especially if this is an outer planet that's staying there for a while - you have to pay attention to those planets in sextile, because it's like having a natal yod, for as long as the transit is in effect. Moon is where our most unconscious beliefs, and the behaviors they drive, live. I've picked up from previous looks at your chart that Jupiter plays some of that role for you, too.

Without Uranus disrupting this nicely flowing sextile, you're free to let it get perfectly dysfunctional and not have to think about it. You're also free to try to express it in a better way, and it sounds like that's what you've been doing - but once Uranus planted itself there, the lingering dysfunction came right to the surface. Uranus isn't letting you get away with thinking all the work is done when it's not.
This makes me feel so much better. I don't mind doing more work on myself, there's a lot to be done, I just hated that feeling of kind of losing control when I've worked so hard on being "in control" of myself all while still trying to be genuine and not too closed off. It's this whole process thing and I'm trying to find a balance! There's a lot of trust issues and stuff there too.

I also feel like love/relationship/getting to know people on a romantic level opportunities keep popping up, but I'm starting to realize it is a distraction

Osamenor

Staff member
And now that I look again, this Uranus transit is actually creating a double yod in your chart. You have a tight quincunx between your Moon and Mercury. It's not a yod because there's no third planet sextile Mercury and quincunx Moon - but t-Uranus has moved into that spot and is serving as that third planet. So in addition to that yod by transit pointing to Uranus, you've got another finger of God pointing at your Moon. Again, we see that your deeply unconscious beliefs and behaviors are getting stirred up (Moon) and probably emerging in verbal reactions (Mercury). Maybe physical as well, since Uranus is in the very physical Taurus.

GeminiSun

And now that I look again, this Uranus transit is actually creating a double yod in your chart. You have a tight quincunx between your Moon and Mercury. It's not a yod because there's no third planet sextile Mercury and quincunx Moon - but t-Uranus has moved into that spot and is serving as that third planet. So in addition to that yod by transit pointing to Uranus, you've got another finger of God pointing at your Moon. Again, we see that your deeply unconscious beliefs and behaviors are getting stirred up (Moon) and probably emerging in verbal reactions (Mercury). Maybe physical as well, since Uranus is in the very physical Taurus.
Oh my gosh

I have been meditating and doing hypnosis the last two days lol

Time to get myself together because I don't need anymore acting out incidences as an adult :innocent:

Osamenor

Staff member
This makes me feel so much better. I don't mind doing more work on myself, there's a lot to be done, I just hated that feeling of kind of losing control when I've worked so hard on being "in control" of myself all while still trying to be genuine and not too closed off. It's this whole process thing and I'm trying to find a balance! There's a lot of trust issues and stuff there too.

I also feel like love/relationship/getting to know people on a romantic level opportunities keep popping up, but I'm starting to realize it is a distraction

Oh my gosh

I have been meditating and doing hypnosis the last two days lol

Time to get myself together because I don't need anymore acting out incidences as an adult :innocent:

What I'm picking up from this is, it sounds like you may be trying too hard to control yourself. I don't think this is something you can control with conscious thought and willpower. If that's how you're trying to control it - which is what most people are trying to do, when they talk about self control - you will inevitably fail.

Since Moon is a key player in both of these yods, it's telling us that this acting out is coming from your Moon: deep emotions, sense of security, unconscious thought. It's emotionally driven. It happens, I would guess, as a coping mechanism, when painful emotions and/or sense of insecurity becomes more than you can cope with.

While you don't have any natal yods, you do have a tight quincunx between your Moon and Mercury. That indicates your emotional center (Moon) being disconnected from your rational, thinking center (Mercury) - and yet, they feed each other. For one of them to function well, they both have to be functioning well. If one of them is not functioning well, neither of them will.

In practical terms, what this most likely means is that your thinking, rational self tends to be unaware of your deeper emotions. The way you described these incidents also suggests that: you were completely blindsided by this loss of control. When you're rational, your actions don't seem justified at all, and don't make any sense, and you wonder where that even came from. When your heaviest emotions are being triggered, rational shuts down, and your reactions feel entirely justified, because emotionally, they are. (That doesn't mean it's justified to whoever is on the receiving end of your reaction - what's justified here is that your ignored emotions need not to be ignored, by you, and when you react, you can't ignore them.)

Your rational mind can't control your emotional mind. Suppress it, maybe, but that's not healthy and only creates a bigger explosion when the explosion finally comes. But your emotional mind can control your emotional mind.

If you've been making progress and stopped acting out in the last year, you must've been doing something to address and heal those painful emotions. If you're hitting another layer of reactivity now, you probably need more of the same. And plenty of personal space, too. One thing Uranus indicates is a need for space, lots of it.

Perhaps you need some time away from others, or at least from the kinds of situations and/or people that tend to trigger you. If these people and situations are not completely avoidable, the next best thing is harm reduction. Do you perhaps feel when you're starting to slip into the kind of emotional state that would make you easily triggered? In my experience, the emotions start building well before the trigger actually comes. If you can recognize when you're becoming vulnerable to triggering, that gives you some chance to get out of the situation before it starts.

If you can't get out of the situation before it starts, next step would be to get out of it as soon as you can after it starts. I don't know what that would look like for you, but maybe you have some ideas. And, if you hurt others when you react, appropriate amends would be called for. Plus, whatever it is that helps you build a better sense of security and emotional stability - you always need that, but you need it even more when you've slipped.

I think you will reach a point, eventually, when you don't act out at all, or even want to, because you no longer have any need for that coping mechanism. But that takes time and work. You're already showing a great willingness to do that work, and you have a great natal chart for it - a lot showing that you would be motivated to self healing, to making better. That would be your Moon/Jupiter sextile in its highest form, and really, your whole chart in its highest form.

GeminiSun

What I'm picking up from this is, it sounds like you may be trying too hard to control yourself. I don't think this is something you can control with conscious thought and willpower. If that's how you're trying to control it - which is what most people are trying to do, when they talk about self control - you will inevitably fail.

Since Moon is a key player in both of these yods, it's telling us that this acting out is coming from your Moon: deep emotions, sense of security, unconscious thought. It's emotionally driven. It happens, I would guess, as a coping mechanism, when painful emotions and/or sense of insecurity becomes more than you can cope with.

While you don't have any natal yods, you do have a tight quincunx between your Moon and Mercury. That indicates your emotional center (Moon) being disconnected from your rational, thinking center (Mercury) - and yet, they feed each other. For one of them to function well, they both have to be functioning well. If one of them is not functioning well, neither of them will.

In practical terms, what this most likely means is that your thinking, rational self tends to be unaware of your deeper emotions. The way you described these incidents also suggests that: you were completely blindsided by this loss of control. When you're rational, your actions don't seem justified at all, and don't make any sense, and you wonder where that even came from. When your heaviest emotions are being triggered, rational shuts down, and your reactions feel entirely justified, because emotionally, they are. (That doesn't mean it's justified to whoever is on the receiving end of your reaction - what's justified here is that your ignored emotions need not to be ignored, by you, and when you react, you can't ignore them.)

Your rational mind can't control your emotional mind. Suppress it, maybe, but that's not healthy and only creates a bigger explosion when the explosion finally comes. But your emotional mind can control your emotional mind.

If you've been making progress and stopped acting out in the last year, you must've been doing something to address and heal those painful emotions. If you're hitting another layer of reactivity now, you probably need more of the same. And plenty of personal space, too. One thing Uranus indicates is a need for space, lots of it.

Perhaps you need some time away from others, or at least from the kinds of situations and/or people that tend to trigger you. If these people and situations are not completely avoidable, the next best thing is harm reduction. Do you perhaps feel when you're starting to slip into the kind of emotional state that would make you easily triggered? In my experience, the emotions start building well before the trigger actually comes. If you can recognize when you're becoming vulnerable to triggering, that gives you some chance to get out of the situation before it starts.

If you can't get out of the situation before it starts, next step would be to get out of it as soon as you can after it starts. I don't know what that would look like for you, but maybe you have some ideas. And, if you hurt others when you react, appropriate amends would be called for. Plus, whatever it is that helps you build a better sense of security and emotional stability - you always need that, but you need it even more when you've slipped.

I think you will reach a point, eventually, when you don't act out at all, or even want to, because you no longer have any need for that coping mechanism. But that takes time and work. You're already showing a great willingness to do that work, and you have a great natal chart for it - a lot showing that you would be motivated to self healing, to making better. That would be your Moon/Jupiter sextile in its highest form, and really, your whole chart in its highest form.
Thank you. Self-improvement is super important to me and you're right. Although I do believe in having a certain sense of control, I need to dig deep and get to the root of these issues to solve them. x