Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Outer Planets Rx = Introverted Person ?

Are your Outer Planets (Neptune, Pluto, Uranus) are they direct or retrograde?
Are you an introverted or extroverted person?

Looking at natal charts of people I am familiar with, the more retrograde outer planets they have, the more introverted they are, and vice versa for the extroverted ones.

How are your planets and those of people you know? and are they introverted or extroverted people?

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Account Closed

Re: Outer Planets Rx = Introverted Person ?

Hi, Rx is one of the areas I'm still researching.

A great deal of modern reference is that this does imply introversion. I don't see the logic or reason for this, though it may be true for all I know. Older texts that I've consulted made no reference of introversion or planetary weakness and instead highlight that an Rx planet is 'closer to earth therefore more influential/powerful'.

I haven't witnessed enough to say that one is absolutely correct or not, but I'm far more inclined to go with older texts on this one.
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM

Here's my chart. None of the planets are retrograde. I'm extremely introverted.

Here's a recent discussion on the matter. Personally, I've yet to find any absolutely reliable indications.

Last edited by Moog; 01-06-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Missing link
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:50 AM

I have all the outer planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto retrograde and I'm very introverted.
Also all of my inner planets except the Moon are below the horizon, which is another indicator for being introverted.
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:56 AM

Hi,

Outer planets are generational. They do not effect the individual's personality directly, hence neither does their retrogradation (rx). If Mars, which is a personal planet, should be rx, that would hamper Mars' original course of action. Even if a person should have all of the outers in their chart rx, and is, by nature, introverted, IMO, you can be sure that other factors in the chart (such as a strong Saturn, placement of personal planets in water or earth signs, etc) contribute to it.

The outers are felt mostly only, if they are in an aspect to planets, and the energies are felt in the houses they are placed in. The subtle difference, IMO, is that if Uranus is rx, it will not be felt differently on an individual level much in comparison to if it were not rx. So, if an rx Uranus should be aspecting other personal planets, its effect will still be felt on a personal level just as much because the outer planets are more forceful.

AQ7

Last edited by aquarius7000; 01-05-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: to add the second para
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:47 AM

Over the years I have come to consider the outers just as potentially "personal" as the 7 traditional planets; yes, they-like Saturn and even Jupiter-also affect generational trends, certainly so; but I have seen over and over again, their specific influence upon individuals as well, both relative to natal delineation of trends and potentials as well as relative to predictive projections.
Remember, though, I am only speaking about my own experiences and thoughts regarding this subject and I make no claim regarding the "truth" of my observations and experiences!
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
princess valhalla (01-06-2013)
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM

I don't have any retro planets except chiron in the 12th. I can be extroverted but most of the time I am an introvert. I prefer to be alone, doing my own thing, being in my head. I've lost a lot of friends because they don't get it and after being rejected so many times, they quit bothering. However, I do still have friends that don't give up on me. They have known me for so many years and they just know how I am. When I do hang out, I am quite fun and entertaining.

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him.
But once they are in hand, he alone must decide
how to play the cards in order to win the game."

~Voltaire

"Everyone and Everything is interconnected in the universe. Stay pure of heart and you will see the signs. Follow the signs, and you will find your destiny."

~Jeff Who Lives at Home
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Rx planets - Neptune, Uranus, Pluto

But I wouldn't say I'm introverted because of them. 4 planets in Taurus and moon in pisces makes for 5 personal planets in negative/yin energy so that's that

I've read somewhere that introverted isn't the correct term for Rx planets - more like introspective... now that I would agree with.
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDragon View Post
Rx planets - Neptune, Uranus, Pluto

But I wouldn't say I'm introverted because of them. 4 planets in Taurus and moon in pisces makes for 5 personal planets in negative/yin energy so that's that

I've read somewhere that introverted isn't the correct term for Rx planets - more like introspective... now that I would agree with.
Im like you SDragon...All my personal planets are in negative/feminine signs...Jupiter in Aquarius and Uranus in Sagittarius are my only fire/air planets.

I could see the inner planets retrograde as being more introverted. Uranus/Neptune/Pluto are Rx for a long period of time.

I do like how you say that retrograde planets are introspective.

Energies are turned inward and becomes more subjective. Maybe there is a link to past life energy to assist in soul growth in this lifetime. We need to retrace our steps, have a re-consideration of our daily situations. People with many retrograde planets in their chart have to “go the long way” to find their path. People with zero retrograde planets tend to be the ones who decide what they are going to “be” in childhood, and actually do it.

"direct planets are electrical, and they cause energy to charge and move; retrograde planets are magnetic and draw energy in"
- Barbra Hand Clow

Planets don't really move backwards...They just appear that way. When a planet is Rx it is closest to the Earth, and is most visible. That got to mean something.

I got 5 planets retrograde...Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto

http://www.arlenekramer.net/astrology10.asp

"The next most common occurrence (4.15%) is the pattern of five retrograde planets. If you have five retrograde planets in your horoscope, do not expect people to rush up to you with a hug and a kiss. Only people with two retrograde planets are greeted this way. Most likely, people will greet you by shaking hands. The general public does not love you on sight. Choose a solitary occupation where you need not please other people."

Song running through my head:
David Guetta - She Wolf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM

I have retrograde Uranus, Pluto, Neptune. 3 personal planets below the horizon. 2 above- one of which is an afflicted sun in the 12th.

I'm an introvert. socializing intimately is the name of the game for me.

interesting thread.
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:53 PM

I'm introverted mostly and I have only Pluto and Chiron retrogade. But those are generational planets (as someone else stated) and I don't think it would affect me. On top of that I am lead to believe like 50% of people have Pluto retrograde.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Account Closed

You will have to define the word introversion before anyone goes much further.

What does it mean? In what contexts? In what social arrangements?

If you have asperger syndrome you will be introverted perhaps, but not really. If your MyersBriggs is in the NT category you may be more socially inept but does not make you introverted?

Definition please!
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Over the years I have come to consider the outers just as potentially "personal" as the 7 traditional planets; yes, they-like Saturn and even Jupiter-also affect generational trends, certainly so; but I have seen over and over again, their specific influence upon individuals as well, both relative to natal delineation of trends and potentials as well as relative to predictive projections.
Remember, though, I am only speaking about my own experiences and thoughts regarding this subject and I make no claim regarding the "truth" of my observations and experiences!
I agree with Dr Farr that the outers do influence individuals.

My experience suggests that it may be more difficult for the native to clearly comprehend and articulate the effect, compared to, say, a contact from Mars. That is, it may be more difficult to consciously translate it into a personal experience.

I make the same caveat regarding the "truth" of this matter.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:18 AM

Aren't the outer planets retrograde most of the time anyway? Or at least for longer periods?

All of my planets are direct, except for venus and people consider me to be introverted.
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrev View Post
Aren't the outer planets retrograde most of the time anyway? Or at least for longer periods?

All of my planets are direct, except for venus and people consider me to be introverted.
The outer planets are not retrograde most of the time, but their retrogradation periods are longer than those of the inner planets.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 01-02-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrev View Post

Excellent points. Yes, outer planets are rx almost half the year. So half of us born during that relevant half of the year should be introverted just going by the supposition: Outer Planets Rx = Introverted Person .

Introversion will always be attributable to other factors like Saturn-Moon or Saturn - Sun, or a Cap Asc., etc. We do not even need to consider whether the outer planets are rx or not for that. The only thing we do need to consider for that is whether they aspect personal planets or not.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 01-02-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 01-02-2017, 07:49 PM

Smile Re: Outer Planets Rx = Introverted Person ?

Hey there!

I have all of my outer planets (Pluto, Uranus, Neptune) plus Saturn retrograde and yes I am definitely an introvert!
Unread 01-02-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity90 View Post
Hey there!

I have all of my outer planets (Pluto, Uranus, Neptune) plus Saturn retrograde and yes I am definitely an introvert!
What about all the aspects of Saturn or Neptune to personal planets, or personal planets in signs like Cap, Virgo and Pisces? Care to post your chart?
Unread 01-03-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
What about all the aspects of Saturn or Neptune to personal planets, or personal planets in signs like Cap, Virgo and Pisces? Care to post your chart?
I have Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in Cap and my Mars is in mellow Pisces, so that could explain it! But also my Moon is conjunct my IC so I just love being active at home I guess
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annonymisedchart.jpg (112.5 KB, 2 views)

Tags
extroverted, introverted, outer, outer planets, person, personality, planets, retrograde