Compatibility throughout the Sun Signs

FishNChips62

Manic_Monday said:
But what about people who can't relate to their sun sign? You know, people whose other planets dominate the chart. Then the characteristics of the sun sign don't come forward.
I don't agree with your matches - I think Virgo does very well with a Sagg. The Virgo teaches the Sagg to calm down and to think before he acts. The Sagg teaches the Virgo to broaden his horizon and how to enjoy life. They match wel because they're each others opposites.
This may not be a long life relationship, but they learn from each other - and isn't that what they both want?

*This Virgo could be biased, since she is attracted to Saggs the most*

Hi. Ok, I never said anything about Virgo-Sagg couples. And if I did, please correct me? Thanks.

-confused

And what's this about you not agreeing with my matches..? is it automatically..? because i said something about Virgo-Sagg somewhere...?though I can't put my finger on it now, I don't think I said anything ..hmm.. I remember thinking I didn't know enough about the couple so i decided to not include 'em. Anyway, a reply would be appreciated. I'm a little confused, lol. Thanks!

By the way, about when someone's sun sign doesn't really match them b/c other traits are more dominant in their chart...then yeah, it does make even more sense to look at the rest of their chart. But, still It's a stubborn habit that I've acquired, and I do believe that everyone to some extent generally can be summed up by their sun sign...like repeated themes in the rest of the chart, i think are kind of just like an...attribute Lol. I mean you have the sun sign you do for a reason, right? for a very important reason...b/c I think you're meant to see life mainly through those spectacles, and not through any other sun sign's. Lol ah I'm just blabbering on. haha I'm gonna be hated. But, yeah, I dunno why I just feel that way. So yeah, it does sound a tad contradictory, oh yeah. lol so.. what I said about how i kept the sun sign in the back of my mind is /bc deep down I think that everyone will, to some extent have those traits of their sun sign, maybe not all of them, but I think in a general sense, they will. Like, I may be completely wrong, though, that's just something I feel is true, ya know? Really, I'm not trying to convince anyone here. Just kinda let this little cancer cling on to their intuitive ways, i guess, lol. Thanks, though, for the food-for-thought.

p.s. Hm. The above sounds a lot like what Sanem had just posted..about how sure...if you take into account that what I just was a stereotypical generalization..then No. It's not true. But still to some exntent I believe my point still stands. Lol haha that's great since it's exactly what I was trying to say here. (To go against kind of what you were disagreeing on with me lolll so thanks for unconsciously clearing things up for me ~.- .....i ...guess? lol

Oh Yeah and oh my god, I think 23 is just a saggitarius and i like misunderstood everything (about what um..virgo person..said lol forgot the username, about virgo-sagg's) b/c i secretly have a fear of confrontation of any sort! well..not so secret any more, is it? hmm... lol
Ok i'm off nowww. Hugs, not drugsssss

-Mabel

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I agree with a lot of the things Lynns said. I'm a gemini and I don't really care to date other air signs unless it is a gemini. Now as far as female friends go almost all of my them are air signs for me. I have also noticed the scorpios getting hot and dramatic over me. You'd think they want to control me and lock me in thier dungeons. Ecspecially the moon in scorpios them seem to be the only guys who ever fall in love with me. I fall in love with them too. I just don't like the feeling that they are trying to posess me. I also think scorp and cap seem to love each other a lot. I've also noticed gemini and cancer getting together a lot. What I've really noticed is people seem to hook up with people whos sun squares their sun pisces and sag, cancer and aries. I've also noticed the earth signs tend to flock together and the water signs seem to get a lot of comfort being with each other. I've noticed fire signs like to be the only fire sign in the room. I've seen libra and libra together as well as virgo and virgo, and virgo and pisces. Air signs seem to want to be together for intellectual support they just like to go elsewhere for their lovemaking. Lillybelle

Sanem

DainBramaged said:
...about how each ascendant (and i'm guessing yes, it would also apply to sun signs --sanem. lol) attracts each other, when they each want another kind of person as their partner, but they open your eyes to how you're actually attracting this person who you can't stand b/c you're supposed to learn from each other! (and erm..."complement" each other...as opposites would) BTW--in case u weren't aware of this one^^ (with maybe a few exceptions i guess?) your ascendant(first house cusp) is in the opposite sign of your descendant(7th house cusp)..which means you attract your opposite. So yea, they try totell you here that the reason you're attracting your opposite is so that you can learn from each other.

Large quote, but I don't feel like editing much.
Very good point Mabel, didn't think about it that way: 7th house + cusp designates your partner, because it's the opposite (partner) of your self (ascendant).

I've heard this when I started astrology (from a Scorpio, grrr), that we start in first house and go to 7th house, through midheaven.

So if I'm a Cap Asc (lock emotions away), I need to go through Scorp Midheaven ([which in my case happens to contain Saturn :eek:] which is delving into my emotions) to arrive at Cancer Desc (being in touch with your emotions).

Which does describe very well the phase of life I'm going through right now, besieging the Capricorn fortress holding my Cancer emotions, mounted on my Scorpio mount (I made a drawing about it, very cool :D). Ofcourse I named the mount Fifi, despite the fact that she's a scorpio the size of an elephant...

On subject, met quite a few couples this last weekend (came back early for exam reasons, ****. And for my private Crabby reasons ;)).

Male + Female

Leo + Aquarius, hot couple (they're still young), interesting was when the girl got dronk and joined the weed smoking youth, while the Leo told me how he had experienced Saturn in the abuse of drugs and refrained from the "higher company".

Taurus + Cancer, I was expecting her to be a Cancer before she told me, I'm getting good at picking them out... :) They made a good couple, she being more sensitive and caring, he providing her with a steady rock, and caring for her if she needed it.

Capricorn + Scorpio. The Cappy was in charge of our group (family youth sailing trip), being the oldest, responsible one, always worried about what the locals would say about our youthful behavior.
The Scorpio was quite the opposite, more playful, also a lot younger (5 years), undoubtedly the most sexual girl in our company (with eyes which I now define as "scorpio eyes").

There was also a thing going on between a Taurus and an Aries (who's boyfriend was in Mexico), although I didn't really see that going anywhere.

wilsontc

Staff member
1rst to 7th

Sanem,

You said:
...we start in first house and go to 7th house, through midheaven...

I heard a similar thing...except I heard that we start in the 1rst house (being) and have to go to the 7th house (relationships), through the Nadir (inner world). So we start with our awareness of ourselves, then have to examine what is important to us, and then are ready to go out and meet others.

Relating,

Tim

Aqua

Hi all,

I agree with the Cap/Sag being frequently together, but what I've noticed is that if the male is a Sag, he is more likely to cheat on his Cap partner. I know a few of these relationships where this is the case. One couple have been together for over 40 years, but every weekend the Sag packs a bag and spends the weekend with his mistress! Another couple have a good marriage on the surface, but the husband regulary cheats, because the wife is totally uninterested in sex - she has a Pisces Mars.

I disagree with the Aquarius being best matched relationship-wise with Libras and Geminis! I'm a triple Aqua and can't handle a Libras desperate need for partnership at any cost and the Geminis are far to slippery for me! Although, I am surrounded by them - Mum and Dad's Sun, Son's Asc, 3 of my closest friends Sun, and current partner's moon are in Gemini!

Personally, the only man that has truly understand my need for space has been my current Aquarius partner.

I actually think it's more important to look at the Moon sign to see whether a couple can actually live together.

My take for Aquarius Sun's compatibility is:
Aries - Best for sex (only)
Taurus - I like them as friends, but their far too serious for me
Gemini - Too slippery and fickle
Cancer - I always hurt them
Leo - Never dated one - even though my dsc is in Leo. I just can't play the role of pampering to their egos
Virgo - I find them too cold
Libra - Too desparate for a relationship
Scorpio - Great sex, but won't let go when it's time to move on. Also, you have to trick them into thinking they broke up with you, or they'll be hell bent on revenge
Sag - Great fun! My MC is Sag
Cap - One guy tried to make it his ambition to get with me - unfortunately, for him, he failed
Aqua - Best match. Most understanding
Pisces - A bit too soppy for me - although, I've met a few spiteful one's

Sorry if anyone feels insulted but this is my 2 cents anyway.

Aqua.

Missa

I have noticed a certain pattern in relationships. Here is the "theory" in a nutshell, from hardest relationship to the easiest:
- Signs that form square aspect
- Signs that are next to your opposition sign
- Signs that are next to your own sign
- Your own sign and your opposition sign
- Signs that form a trine or sextile

So, for example if you're a Libra, that would go as:
- Capricorn, Cancer
- Pisces, Taurus
- Scorpio, Virgo
- Aries, Libra
- Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius

Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know. :)

kizmeta

I agree with Aqua, i think the moon is far more important to how emotionally close we feel to someone and how comfortably we can live with them. I'm a taurus, my ex is an aries and we get on great esp as our venus' conjunct but our moons clash, me virgo him sag, so living together and finding a natural rhythm between us intimately just wasn't forthcoming so we called it a day. Others were shocked as we get on so well but to me a relationship without sex is a friendship. My sun is pretty much unaspected tho, while my moon is heavily so, so maybe i'm just more in tune with the lunar energy.

Over the years i've been most attracted to Sagittarians, Aquarians and Scorpios tho most have had a combo of all 3. I have venus & mars in aries/sag so maybe thats why. I have girlfirends that are Capricorns and i get on with them great but i've never met a male one that i've been attracted to. I get on well with pisces men as friends but have never met a faithful one, the dreamers. A guy i'm currently sharing a house with is a sag with cancer moon and i really respond to him on a domestic level. Both of us come from families with air/fire moons and it feels soothing having him around.

I read somewhere else that if anothers planets fall in your 8th house they affect you greatly for better or worse, sometimes both, and maybe thats why i'm attracted to sag/scorp energy as they challenge me.

Aqua said:
Hi all,

I agree with the Cap/Sag being frequently together, but what I've noticed is that if the male is a Sag, he is more likely to cheat on his Cap partner. I know a few of these relationships where this is the case. One couple have been together for over 40 years, but every weekend the Sag packs a bag and spends the weekend with his mistress! Another couple have a good marriage on the surface, but the husband regulary cheats, because the wife is totally uninterested in sex - she has a Pisces Mars.

I disagree with the Aquarius being best matched relationship-wise with Libras and Geminis! I'm a triple Aqua and can't handle a Libras desperate need for partnership at any cost and the Geminis are far to slippery for me! Although, I am surrounded by them - Mum and Dad's Sun, Son's Asc, 3 of my closest friends Sun, and current partner's moon are in Gemini!

Personally, the only man that has truly understand my need for space has been my current Aquarius partner.

I actually think it's more important to look at the Moon sign to see whether a couple can actually live together.

Aqua.

Hello
I currently have guests with me at the moment who are approaching their 60th wedding anniversary. I don't know what their charts are like but she is a Sag and he is a Cap.

I also know another combo like this. The sag girl, who is known to be a bit loose (sorry I know this is not nice to say but true), has I think found her match in him and has last I heard, was still in a relationship with him (2 and bit years together).

I am an Aqu and my partner is Gem and I adore him. I love his slipperiness, he plays with me and teases me. I like to be kept on my toes. I know this sounds crazy but I love this aspect of Gem males, must be my gem mars and highly airy chart. As long as they don't stray then I don't care.

Otherwise, Leo is rightly too much trouble. I just get angry by the attention they constantly demand; even if they are dashing. I just find that they pounce on you and don't take things slowly.

Taureans do nothing for me and I had to share a room with a Tau who had a sun-sun square with me and we ended up in a punchup. I have a few Cap friends and seem to always attract Pisces friends. I have noticed that all the Pisces friends have something either Aqu or Gem in them and hence the attraction.

Last edited:

DainBramaged said:
Oh Yeah and oh my god, I think 23 is just a saggitarius and i like misunderstood everything (about what um..virgo person..said lol forgot the username, about virgo-sagg's) b/c i secretly have a fear of confrontation of any sort! well..not so secret any more, is it? hmm... lol
Ok i'm off nowww. Hugs, not drugsssss

No, I'm an Aqu :) and I have a very airy and a bit of a firey chart.

These are on aspects though. I have met some nice Virgoan (one being my best friend in school who unfortunately I have lost contact with), Gems (my partner) and Sags (a cherished relative) too.

Last edited:

miamiu

I'm with the other libra that says virgos and libras dont work out. i frankly just don't understand them. I have come to the point where I'm not sure whether they are just being a nice person, or because they are actually interested in me to be in a relationship. Big problem with me because I do often find a deep connection to them that is hard to make go anywhere. For example there was a coworker I got to know fairly well and at the beginning of the friendship he would do things like sit by me at break and wouldnt say much and i would have to be like is there something you want or need? Typically, I feel like if you have the balls to begin an interaction with me shouldn't the person begin the interaction be the most vocal. Virgos remind me of someone that is an unintentional tease. Well I ended up getting his numbr he quit a few weeks later I called him up out of curosity cus I hadn't seen him at work for awhile. I left messages for about 2 weeks later after I had spoken with him and no return message. I did eventually get ahold of him and he made the comment to me that we should hang out and at that point I didn't feel he was sincere because it takes less time to leave a message than hang out so I tossed his number. I doubt I will ever understand how virgos can be in any type of relatonship when they draw someone into them and then leave them hanging.

Another example is I'm bi and I attend a club and this bartender there has been charging less for some drinks and gave me a vip card with his name and number on it to get in free. About 2 weeks ago went to the same place, but at another bar and he walked by me and flashed me a smile and said hi. Later, that evening im in the middle of the dance floor i feel 2 hands around my side for about 5 seconds and turned my head and i saw him walking by. I decided to go to his bar and see if he wants to talk or whatever and he completely clams up. So I go ahead an introduce myself.

Last edited:

Lynns

miamiu said:
I'm with the other libra that says virgos and libras dont work out. i frankly just don't understand them. I have come to the point where I'm not sure whether they are just being a nice person, or because they are actually interested in me to be in a relationship. Big problem with me because I do often find a deep connection to them that is hard to make go anywhere. For example there was a coworker I got to know fairly well and at the beginning of the friendship he would do things like sit by me at break and wouldnt say much and i would have to be like is there something you want or need? Typically, I feel like if you have the balls to begin an interaction with me shouldn't the person begin the interaction be the most vocal. Virgos remind me of someone that is an unintentional tease. Well I ended up getting his numbr he quit a few weeks later I called him up out of curosity cus I hadn't seen him at work for awhile. I left messages for about 2 weeks later after I had spoken with him and no return message. I did eventually get ahold of him and he made the comment to me that we should hang out and at that point I didn't feel he was sincere because it takes less time to leave a message than hang out so I tossed his number. I doubt I will ever understand how virgos can be in any type of relatonship when they draw someone into them and then leave them hanging.

I think that guy is shy - he admires you but probably feels apprehensive to take it to the next level. Drawing someone in and leaving them hanging is more like what I experience with a Libran guy (I'm Libran as well). At least there is stability once you've got something meaningful going on with a virgo and they genuinely like you. But with a Libran guy, you never really know where you stand. He is evasive and fickle, although charming, gentle, lovable etc etc. And he leaves me hanging alot of the time - to figure out things for myself, when I need and want his support. I find virgos to be there more of the time than a Libra guy would. Or maybe it's just his chart.

It was also mentioned that Librans are desperate for a relationship, but i want and need my space. Probably for Saturn in Libra (I'm part of the generation and it conjuncts my sun) we are more afraid and apprhensive of giving our all in relationships and tend to hold back, even though we really want to do so.

Missa

Re: In reply to Misha's Post

DainBramaged said:
Hey ! well, i saw something just like that on this website with sun sign compatibility..I can`t put my finger on the exact site but I found this from about.com that is similar. You'll notice they list the last part of your little list =] ..and also the opposite sign (from your next to last cat.)
------
If you figured that out all by yourself, I commend you!! but really, i think we can pretty much say it`s the traditional concept.

Of course we all learn the basic sign compatibility from astrology books and websites, but I've noticed that there is lots of variation. Some sources say, that for example a Libra is compatible with Taurus because they're both ruled by Venus, some say that same sign relationships are the perfect match - some others that they're not the best one and full of fighting, some say that you're usually attracted to your opposing sign - some others that opposing signs are usually too different, etc. The only basic thing that every source I've seen so far seems to agree on is that signs that form trine or sextile get along nicely, and signs that form square are not the "perfect match", but what comes to the rest it seems to vary depending on the source. That list is based on my own experience, and what I've read from books and on the internet.

Last edited:

Sanem

A thought I had some time ago:

Aries attracts Libra, Scorpio attracts Taurus.

Which means Mars attracts Venus twice.

Kristine

I'm a Virgo--seven times over (sun, mercury, venus, mars all in virgo. Moon, Saturn, Uranus in sixth house, but all in Sagittarius). My sun, mercury, venus, and mars all fall in the fourth house...giving me somewhat Cancerian traits and values.

When I was younger, I was unbelievably attracted to Scorpios. I think this attraction was due in part to having a Scorpio mother (so I'm thinking it was almost a subconcious comfort being around them). In middle school, my closest friend was a Scorpio. In high school, my closest friend was another Scorpio. One of the more serious crushes I had in high school was on a Scorpio. I simply clicked with them and there was always mutual respect between us. Of all the Scorpios I've met (and there are A LOT), I think there's only one I simply could not come to like. I found that, lately however, I've been breaking away from my Scorpio fixation. Don't know why.

Nowadays, I'm more attracted to the other water signs: Cancer and Pisces, particularly Cancer. Simply put, I can really connect with and understand Cancers. We're both lovers of the past, nostalgia, quiet, sensitive. And they're incredibly emotionally supportive--a trait I admire a lot, as I've always been taxed when it comes to expressing emotions and feelings. I really value and appreciate all the Cancers in my life (there weren't a lot when I was young, but I find that as I grow older...I tend to flock to Cancers or they flock to me). I love them so much.

Pisces! Of all the signs in the zodiac, it is Pisces I most admire. The traits they possess are the very traits I'm looking to really develop in myself: particularly artistry and compassion. Honestly, I really don't know what to say of my connection to this sign. I simply find them to be beautiful souls.

Romantic relationships-wise, I noticed I attract Aquarius and Leos. Admittedly, I'm attracted to them. I don't know what it is about these signs. I'm guessing it's their freedom streak (well Aquarius is more freedom-oriented. With Leos, it's more or less simple extroversion and a desire to "roam" the earth). I myself need plenty of freedom and space in an intimate relationship.

Geminis are my best friends! No sign can compare with the humor and laughter a Gemini brings into my life. My best, best friend ever is a Gemini. She's a natural comedian, sending her "audience" into a fit of painful laughter. She brings me up when I'm down and literally lights up my life. Love her to bits. When I look for an instant bond, I always look to a Gemini. It almost never fails.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Like DainBramaged, I tend to observe sun sign relationships.

Ones I've noticed quite a bit are:

Scorpio and Gemini (Yes, Gemini! Mostly as friends though)
Scorpio and Capricorn (Friends and lovers)
Scorpio and Cancer (A tender bond)
Scorpio and Virgo (Friends and lovers)
Pisces and Sagittarius (These two are inseperable!)
Gemini and Virgo (Partners in crime)
Taurus and Capricorn (Like Pis/Sag, inseperable!)
Leo and Aquarius (The best of friends)
Cancer and Virgo (Go together real well)

Obiously, my observations seem highly subjective and personal (I mean look at all the Scorpio combos...and Virgo combos. I know too many Scorpios. And well I'M a Virgo). But I've definitely noticed these partnerships to be frequent.

Has anyone noticed how the adjacent signs seem to relate to each other?
Some of my most disapointing relationships have been Virgo (if I fall for them, it's hard). I am Leo, Virgo rising, and it's like I want to be more like them... Even if there isn't much to respect about them, I'll find something.
And Cancer, this man who sent me gifts despite the clearly unrequited emotions for years was Cancer. I found it hard to even be around him, it definitely did not bring out my best.

The sign that follows seems to be the sign we more often chase after, if we are attracted to an adjacent sign.
The sign that comes first seems to be pursuing the later sign.

This seems even true within signs. My best friend is Sag at 29+ degrees and her boyfriend is early Sag. He wants to get married and she is breaking up even though she's madly in love- she wants to travel the world and date around.
I've been dating other Leos lately. When they are early in their birthdays, it seems to work well.
I'm kind of surprised I've never noticed this relationship between adjacent signs mentioned. So far, it seems pretty accurate for describing the dynamics within those relationships.

Belgianmoonguy

Sun Sign only doesn't do it
Yeah my only love was a Pisces... So that works
But water signs are to emotional for me... i don't like drowning, i'm drowning allready in my own world
Passionate short lived relations with Aqua's Gem and Aries... the aqua's are still in my life...
Never had something with an Earth Sun Sign, although i have Moon at the end of Virgo and Venus in the middle of Taurus...

Chasing after a Leo... happened (sign after Cancer)... Worked for a while
Gemini's chasing after me... well the chasing was mutual and fun (have Eros in Gem... an asteroid of love and sex)

I tend to befriend and love with not compatible signs... I need Air/ Fire ppl in my life, cause i'm so Water/ Earth...

With love it's: Pisces, Aqua, Gem, Aries
friendship: Sag/ Gem/ Aqua/ Aries/ Pisces/ Leo/ Cancer/ Virgo
erotic: the ones mentioned with love and Sag...

And please, no Scorpio Moons anymore (oh this is Sun Sign, sry folks)

astrobhadauria

Dear,
From mine readings !
1st with 2nd
1st is making demand from 2nd and 2nd use like a dustbin!:eek:
1st with 3rd
1st always try to making contect and 3rd using like a property.:p
1st with 4th
1st always dealing like a heart and 4th dealing like a work.:eek:
1st with 5th
1st always want to read but 5th make faith like a God.:34:
1st with 6th
1st always in service and 6th always make insults.:eek:
1st with 7th
1st always want to live with him and 7th also want to always live him.:D
1st with 8th
1st always make insults and 8th always in full service.;)
1st with 9th
1st like a child,and 9th always like a Faith.
1st with 10th
1st always have tensions of works,and 10th have always heart feelings.
1st with 11th
1st always like a property,11th always to use like a telephone.:cool:
1st with 12th
1st always want to die,and 12th always use him like a doller.:60:

pixie1982

pixiequix -
I would have to disagree about chasing the sign that comes after yours -
I am a leo and have never been attracted to a virgo, or even had any close virgo friends. Strangely I get a lot of Virgo's chasing me, and am not attracted to them - ever, I have no idea why.

I think that you need to look at the whole chart. For example I have no Capricorn or Aquarian friends or lovers - and I think perhaps because I have any planets in those signs?

P xx