Do Planets/Signs that Personally relate to the querent count at all in Horary?

amber_dawn

So when casting charts that involve personal issues or people you know very well, do planets or signs strongly associated with those issues or people have any impact on a Horary reading?

For example, if I cast a chart asking about a relationship that is heavily dominated by say, Neptune (in the composite chart, synastry, etc) would the position of Neptune have any bearing on how I should interpret the answer? Or If I ask a question about my cat, and my cat is a Taurus (I know I'm being a little silly here) would the position of Taurus and/or Venus have any bearing on the chart?

dr. farr

From my study of the standard horary literature, as well as from what I have learned in my alternative horary approach, and from what I know of Vedic horary (called prasna), the answer to your question is no: each horary chart is in response to a specific horary question, and the significant elements of that horary chart relate ONLY to that specific question.
So, for example, although the natal sign for the cat might be Taurus, in a specific question about that cat, Taurus would not have any bearing on the answer to that question UNLESS Taurus happened to figure prominently in that answer-but this would have nothing to do with the cat being a (natal) Taurus.

Culpeper

Premium Member
A horary chart is independent of all other charts. It is not related to natal charts or any chart derived from them. With horary you ask a specific question and that is all it will answer. Natal charts if available are good for general questions about life. If the native wants to know if they will ever get married or have a happy marriage, look at the 7th house and Lots of marriage in the natal.

If the natal chart is favorable and you are dating someone, you could ask a horary question if you should marry that person. That will give the answer with nothing relating to the natal. But be careful. The same question cannot be asked very often or about the same person.

Anachiel

I have to throw a wrench in here, apologies.

The answer is, "yes" - to a degree. If, for example, you do know the natal chart of an individual or thing or place and, if, when you do the horary...say, the horary has the same ASC as the natal chart or the horary has a planet in the same degree as the ASC of the horary it is relevent.

All it means is the horary is all the more valid and pertainent. It is indicating, (loosely, mind you) the horary/question is very intimately related to the person's life.

Now, you can't go crazy with this. usually just the ASC, 10th, 4th, 7th are considered. Or, the house/quesited of the horary like...say, the person's ASC is the same as the 2nd house of the horary in a question about money. You see.

BUT...the natal chart does not ned to be known. None of this is required to do horary and it doesn't change in any way the horary itself. the horary is still the horary regardless. It's just that if you do know the natal chart, you can see how much more important or intimate or relevant the question is to the querent is all.

Somewhere there is a reference in this that one of the horary mastes used. I want to say Lilly noted it somewhere but....I can't confirm that at this very second. I'll look.

tsmall

Premium Member
I have to throw a wrench in here, apologies.

The answer is, "yes" - to a degree. If, for example, you do know the natal chart of an individual or thing or place and, if, when you do the horary...say, the horary has the same ASC as the natal chart or the horary has a planet in the same degree as the ASC of the horary it is relevant.

All it means is the horary is all the more valid and pertinent. It is indicating, (loosely, mind you) the horary/question is very intimately related to the person's life.

Now, you can't go crazy with this. usually just the ASC, 10th, 4th, 7th are considered. Or, the house/quesited of the horary like...say, the person's ASC is the same as the 2nd house of the horary in a question about money. You see.

BUT...the natal chart does not ned to be known. None of this is required to do horary and it doesn't change in any way the horary itself. the horary is still the horary regardless. It's just that if you do know the natal chart, you can see how much more important or intimate or relevant the question is to the querent is all.

Somewhere there is a reference in this that one of the horary mastes used. I want to say Lilly noted it somewhere but....I can't confirm that at this very second. I'll look.

I am just a curious newb...but does this in some way relate back to the idea that something must be promised natally in order to be valid in horary? For example, I could ask a question "will I become president" and the horary chart could indicate yes, but the natal chart says, um, nope?

Anachiel

I am just a curious newb...but does this in some way relate back to the idea that something must be promised natally in order to be valid in horary? For example, I could ask a question "will I become president" and the horary chart could indicate yes, but the natal chart says, um, nope?

No, not at all.

Besides, something cannot be promised natally if you don't know the natal chart. :sideways: So, the horary always trumps.

BUT...if you do know the natal chart and it has some intimate relation to the horary, then it is just something to mentally note that this question is really initmate/important/relevant in the querent's life. It does not change the horary in any way. It's just a "!".

It is kind of like the horary hour ruler not being compatable with the ASC of the horary. It doesn't prevent you from reaching a conclusion, it just says something to the effect of, "hmm...something is a little off about this question or situation" or "out of sync with the times" or the person's timing is a bit off in some way...etc. etc.