Neptune Sun Aspects

duenderoja

Hey ive sorta got that aspect, although sun is wide orb and Saturn and pluto are close together.

I am asking because my Pluto and Saturn aspects seem to give my personality more definition than is described in this thread. My sun conjuncts my Neptune by 3°, and when I was a child, my personality was fuzzy (but is not everyone's?). By my first Saturn return, I was pretty settled in one identity. Sun sextile Saturn.

Also, at age 16, Pluto came to the forefront and I learned life was so much easier if I always told the truth. Sun sextile Pluto.

This is why studying the entire chart is necessary. I am always hesitant to discuss single aspects in depth, especially the luminaries – because they are such a large part of us.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I am asking because my Pluto and Saturn aspects seem to give my personality more definition than is described in this thread. My sun conjuncts my Neptune by 3°, and when I was a child, my personality was fuzzy (but is not everyone's?). By my first Saturn return, I was pretty settled in one identity. Sun sextile Saturn.

Also, at age 16, Pluto came to the forefront and I learned life was so much easier if I always told the truth. Sun sextile Pluto.

This is why studying the entire chart is necessary. I am always hesitant to discuss single aspects in depth, especially the luminaries – because they are such a large part of us.

D - of course these discussion are about a single aspect of sun-neptune in the chart - so it is lessened or exacerbated by other chart factors. I think the pluto-neptune factors are fascinating in charts with contacts to personal planets.

blindowl

Interesting. I have a conjunction too in my natal (orb 2°), but my experience was pretty the opposite: almost never questioned myself as a child, and in the last few years I learned that life is easier if I don't always tell everyone the brutal truth.. that does not mean lying, but rather be more aware of the present moment and try to not identify too much with my thoughts. Sun sextile Mars and Pluto. Neptune is also conjunct with Vertex.

duenderoja

Interesting. I have a conjunction too in my natal (orb 2°), but my experience was pretty the opposite: almost never questioned myself as a child, and in the last few years I learned that life is easier if I don't always tell everyone the brutal truth.. that does not mean lying, but rather be more aware of the present moment and try to not identify too much with my thoughts. Sun sextile Mars and Pluto. Neptune is also conjunct with Vertex.

Hmm, that is different. Do you have a Sun Saturn aspect? Perhaps that is why I chose truth?

I am perpetually in my head, and I cannot observe my world effectively. I see my eyes as eyeholes to keep me out of danger only - not the wondrous observational tool everyone else has.

I have a wonderful intuition. I know when people are lying (something inside me pings).

Last edited:

duenderoja

How many of you are fatalistic?

I am, and because I am, I have no regrets in life. My path is mine and perfect.

Kitchy – that Jupiter -Saturn conjunction - does it aspect either luminary? I do not understand (foggy) on your point.

Kitchy

Banned
D -

No aspects to moon for me, but jup/sat cap it is what lends practicality to my otherwise netpunian manifest and uranian un-hingedness.

I love the moon-saturn aspects - envious even.

The moon - saturn aspect gives the ability to hold tight in storms and torrential waves - I see it as the penultimate "you can't rock my boat" aspect for someone with sun-neptune aspects - steady as she goes kind of stuff - keeping them on course and able to sift through the b.s. of interpersoal & personal deceptions that can occur with neptune and the luminaries.

Everyone needs to reach toward their saturn and it's aspects when countering the sun/neptune or moon/neptune aspects. Creo que.

duenderoja

D -

No aspects to moon for me, but jup/sat cap it is what lends practicality to my otherwise netpunian manifest and uranian un-hingedness.

I love the moon-saturn aspects - envious even.

The moon - saturn aspect gives the ability to hold tight in storms and torrential waves - I see it as the penultimate "you can't rock my boat" aspect for someone with sun-neptune aspects - steady as she goes kind of stuff - keeping them on course and able to sift through the b.s. of interpersoal & personal deceptions that can occur with neptune and the luminaries.

Everyone needs to reach toward their saturn and it's aspects when countering the sun/neptune or moon/neptune aspects. Creo que.

Yes - I have the moon trine Jupiter Saturn conjunction. I agree with your description, and we have finally figured out our differences.

:):):)

sibylline

I just think sun-saturn is the most fitting aspect for a lacking father.

I think it can indicate that. I've seen this with the square and opposition, especially when connected with 12th. However, if you think of the symbolism of Saturn it would be more fitting for a stern, strict, and/or hardworking father, and I've often found that to be the case, and most with the conjunction.

EDIT*** this aspect is definitely linked to narcissism and borderline or people who have more shades of these personality disorders.

If we include the trine and sextile (I wasn't sure if this thread was including these), many, many people will have Sun-Neptune aspects. To suggest that all of these have BPD or a related disorder, are more likely to have them, seems like a reach. Moreover, none of the people I know well with hard Sun-Neptune aspects have BPD or any other personality disorder.

These are serious, debilitating disorders, let's not trivialize them by using them to label any slightly quirky personality trait or claiming an aspect or house causes them.

AppLeo

I think it can indicate that. I've seen this with the square and opposition, especially when connected with 12th. However, if you think of the symbolism of Saturn it would be more fitting for a stern, strict, and/or hardworking father, and I've often found that to be the case, and most with the conjunction.

If we include the trine and sextile (I wasn't sure if this thread was including these), many, many people will have Sun-Neptune aspects. To suggest that all of these have BPD or a related disorder, are more likely to have them, seems like a reach. Moreover, none of the people I know well with hard Sun-Neptune aspects have BPD or any other personality disorder.

These are serious, debilitating disorders, let's not trivialize them by using them to label any slightly quirky personality trait or claiming an aspect or house causes them.

Nono, I meant that people who have sun-neptune have more of the personality disorder traits. Everyone is a little narcissistic or borderline, but sun-neptune are even more so, but they aren't so much they're debilitated and actually need help.

graay ghost

Nono, I meant that people who have sun-neptune have more of the personality disorder traits. Everyone is a little narcissistic or borderline, but sun-neptune are even more so, but they aren't so much they're debilitated and actually need help.

Perhaps it would help if you specify actual behaviors rather than throw around mental disorders as shorthand.

duenderoja

I have to say, even though I do not express a lot of the characteristics others do – I tend to be out of touch with reality as a baseline.

Not so much it it would be debilitating – but just enough to get funny looks from others when I talk sometimes.

Sun conjunct Neptune

Like it is easier for me to believe in dreams being prophetic than other people. It is easier for me to take up the art of astrology and believe in it. It is easier for me to take up and believe in palmistry. I fully believe in God.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I like to think of this aspect as being an actor or chameleon a lot. You have no idea what you should be, so you just pick something to become depending on the people you're around; it's really quite interesting. :biggrin:

duenderoja

I like to think of this aspect as being an actor or chameleon a lot. You have no idea what you should be, so you just pick something to become depending on the people you're around; it's really quite interesting. :biggrin:

Yeah, but that does not apply to me. I believe it may be because of my Pluto and Saturn aspects.

I am a very "what you see is what you get" type of person.

duenderoja

This would be so funny to see.

:(

It hurts my feelings when it happens, though. In general, my family has always treated me like an odd duck. I got used to it, yet I resented every occurrence.

Out in the world, I never get funny looks like this. It only happens amongst my family.

Last edited:

Abby83

:(

It hurts my feelings when it happens, though. In general, my family has always treated me like an odd duck. I got used to it, yet I resented every occurrence.

Out in the world, I never get funny looks like this. It only happens amongst my family.

Oh no, that's no good. I love odd people though :). Never a dull moment. Sorry if ive offended you. But thank god for ppl who are different.