Help with reading Solar Return

laurenvty

Hello, everyone!

I am somewhat familiar with astrology, with that I mean - I understand the basic things and am familiar with the natal charts. But I'm not that familiar with predictive astrology - transitions, solar return charts etc. That's why I'm asking for help here.
I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at my this year's (2022/2023) and next year's (2023/2034) SR charts and look what major themes will play out, as well as, what do the charts say about career/job, higher education, relationships/family life, travelling/relocation.

Thank you to everyone who will take a look at the charts in advance. I will really appreciate it!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello, everyone!

I am somewhat familiar with astrology, with that I mean, I understand the basic things and am familiar with the natal charts. But I'm not that familiar with predictive astrology - transitions, solar return charts etc. That's why I'm asking for help here.
The reason why I'm writing - I'm a college student who I believe has some sort of an existential crisis right now... I am not too happy about the major that I have chosen, but I plan to finish my studies and work in that field, just because I see no other option. The last two months have been especially challenging - I just feel empty, as well as overwhelmed with everything that's going around me. According to last year's (2021/2022) SR chart, some say that this should have been a great year for me, especially career wise. But I don't see how. Could maybe someone take a look at what is going on in that (SR 2021/2022) chart and explain what they see?

Also, I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at my this year's (2022/2023) and next year's (2023/2034) SR charts and look what major themes will play out, as well as, what do the charts say about career/job, higher education, relationships/family life, travelling/relocation.

Thank you to everyone who will take a look at the charts in advance. I will really appreciate it!
SOLAR RETURNS are delineated in sync with several predictive techniques

for example PROFECTION
which I share links to instead of sending pms :smile:

Astrologers Chris Brennan and Leisa Schaim lead a discussion
about annual profections
with a local astrology group

and take example charts from the audience
to demonstrate how the timing technique works in practice :smile:

audience members look through their own chronology
and find good examples
that demonstrate the technique in their own lives.
seven different audience members share their birth charts
and talk about specific years in their life
explaining how the techniques correlate with their lived experience.
This style of discussion can be important
because sometimes it is only by talking to a person directly
about their life and asking them questions
that you can get a full sense of exactly how
the techniques of astrology work out in practice.
This is episode 222 of The Astrology Podcast
and is a recording of a meeting of the Denver Astrology Group
that took place at the Mercury Cafe in downtown Denver, Colorado
on Saturday, September 14, 2019, starting just after 3:00 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDYid1kI28

Thanks Jupiterasc, that's a really a good link for learning profections through discussion and personal charts.

There is another good podcast by Chris Brennan where he teaches annual profections.

https://theastrologypodcast.com/2018/04/26/annual-profections-a-basic-time-lord-technique/
Annual profections is a very important traditional predictive technique, much simpler than solar returns.

laurenvty

Are you looking for event prediction?

Yes, kind of. What and when can I expect in the aforementioned spheres - career/job (money, salary too), higher education, relationships/family life (I think I would count marriage and children here too), travelling/relocation (to another city or country). Also something like, if there are any major events happening in my life in the next 5 years and so on... Those kind of predictions.

laurenvty

I also believe in free will. But aren't there some indications in the charts, that something might come up during a specific time, the focus might be more on one particular area etc.? That sometimes might be useful to know.
If I'm wrong - I'm sorry, and please correct me! I just am not that familiar with predictive astrology yet.

But, what I have read so far about annual profections, that JUPITERASC mentioned here, I'm currently in my 7th house profection year, which makes sense, because I have met a lot of new people through higher education and work. No serious relationships though... I mean, there are still 3 months left, but... I don't know. And the 7th house lord is in the 1st house (whole sign houses) and is conjunct Venus, trine Mars, Uranus and Moon. Well, there of course have been some transits going on and making aspects throughout the year, but I haven't really paid attention to that.

JUPITERASC

I also believe in free will.
free will has parameters

i.e.

- a need to pay bills may cause accepting low paid employment unwillingly :smile:

even when qualifications deserve better pay

But aren't there some indications in the charts, that something might come up during a specific time, the focus might be more on one particular area etc.? That sometimes might be useful to know.
If I'm wrong - I'm sorry, and please correct me! I just am not that familiar with predictive astrology yet.

But, what I have read so far about annual profections, that JUPITERASC mentioned here, I'm currently in my 7th house profection year, which makes sense, because I have met a lot of new people through higher education and work. No serious relationships though... I mean, there are still 3 months left, but... I don't know. And the 7th house lord is in the 1st house (whole sign houses) and is conjunct Venus, trine Mars, Uranus and Moon. Well, there of course have been some transits going on and making aspects throughout the year, but I haven't really paid attention to that.
7th house profection so pay attention to transiting 7th house ruling planet :smile:

laurenvty

7th house profection so pay attention to transiting 7th house ruling planet :smile:

I mean, transiting Saturn is (and has been for a while) opposite my natal Jupiter, trine my natal Moon and square my natal Nodes.
Oh, and I forgot to mention - 7th house lord rules the 8th house too. And Saturn in whole sign house system is transiting my 8th house.

JUPITERASC

I mean, transiting Saturn is (and has been for a while) opposite my natal Jupiter, trine my natal Moon and square my natal Nodes.
Oh, and I forgot to mention - 7th house lord rules the 8th house too. And Saturn in whole sign house system is transiting my 8th house.

7917e911b46b943b4779f414c002e8bc--astrology-stars-the-planets.jpg

.....................doesn't Saturn sometimes give great wealth and power to nativities, and doesn't he sometimes cause great afflictions? Yes, of course, but that has to do with his harmonious or disharmonious relationship with the planet/angle/lot through the different aspects and natures of the subjects. So combining essential and accidental dignity into the same concept does not prevent us from making these distinctions, while I would argue that too much emphasis on the essential dignity could prevent someone making this distinction in the particular cases - for example when it helps rank with trine to the Sun from Aquarius by day, but causes divorce with square to the Moon in a dual sign in a male nativity, Aquarius is not going to help the first and mitigate the latter, I argue that is going to increase and actualize the effects of both.

Powerful Saturn at the nativity does not mean that it will give only very good or very evil at all times (though it certainly can exceed in one direction), if you use the recasting of horoscopes at solar and lunar revolutions, planets change their powers, which allows for differentiation in the chronocratorship. You can't make this important differentiation if you only use primary directions, profections or what have you with the nativity though.
Sharon Knight on Traditional Predictive Astrology :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvMGpvkYNU8

Learn with Sharon at:

https://www.astrologersharon.co.uk/

laurenvty

Thank you JUPITERASC again for the information you provided! More topics and viewpoints to look at, very interesting stuff!
You seem to have a lot of information and thank you for sharing some of that!