Will my father's contact become my mentor?

sinhtheslumberingdragon

This is something I am particularly curious about - as it would present a great opportunity for me but it's out of the scope of my current horary skills to properly judge this.

fatherassistance.png

waybread

We need to assign a turned house to this contact. Can you explain the relationship of this person to your father? (Such as Dad's friend, business associate, former teacher, or....)

Then what sort of mentoring relationship for you? Career? Higher education? Financial?

Help us out here, please.

sinhtheslumberingdragon

We need to assign a turned house to this contact. Can you explain the relationship of this person to your father? (Such as Dad's friend, business associate, former teacher, or....)

Then what sort of mentoring relationship for you? Career? Higher education? Financial?

Help us out here, please.

Apologies for having left out that information

I believe what best describes the relationship is an acquaintance who has a good level of respect for him - I would not call them friends

The mentoring would be career and both higher education - the person is a well respected professor with lots of professional experience

Almohsin

HI
If the father had the fourth house, then the answer would be good!
Because Part of Fortune is in the 11th house of the Father.
Then the moon is the father's friend in a house ruled by Mercury the father .
Mercury is also your planet, so it will be an evolution and you will achieve a high position .
My English is weak, so I hope you understand my words : bandit:

waybread

sinthe, I think there's a good chance this will work out, keeping in mind that you (a) have to do the work to perform well at your studies, and (b) mentors can be supportive and helpful without necessarily having the ability or the inclination to hand you the keys to the kingdom.

I think this should work out well. Probably the best house for your father's acquaintance is in the 10th house, which rules people in an authority relationship to you, as well as your career goals. You are ruled by Mercury, which trines Jupiter in the 10th. (These planets are technically separating but if the aspect is within a degree, I tend to count it.) Jupiter is retrograde, but in its own terms, which is some help. Jupiter is the planetary ruler of higher education.

sinhtheslumberingdragon

sinthe, I think there's a good chance this will work out, keeping in mind that you (a) have to do the work to perform well at your studies, and (b) mentors can be supportive and helpful without necessarily having the ability or the inclination to hand you the keys to the kingdom.

I think this should work out well. Probably the best house for your father's acquaintance is in the 10th house, which rules people in an authority relationship to you, as well as your career goals. You are ruled by Mercury, which trines Jupiter in the 10th. (These planets are technically separating but if the aspect is within a degree, I tend to count it.) Jupiter is retrograde, but in its own terms, which is some help. Jupiter is the planetary ruler of higher education.

Interesting - you said 10th house, however L1 makes no aspect to L10 wouldn't this generally signify a no, as the question is regarding a possible future event? Also interesting that if the mentor is L10, he receives L4 (my father) in detriment - another not so positive sign

I would like to hear more about why you think this would work out well for me (and believe me, I would love to have such an opportunity)

As for (a) - that is a given, I always put in good effort and give it my all and for (b) that is some sound advice - so thank you for that

sinhtheslumberingdragon

HI
If the father had the fourth house, then the answer would be good!
Because Part of Fortune is in the 11th house of the Father.
Then the moon is the father's friend in a house ruled by Mercury the father .
Mercury is also your planet, so it will be an evolution and you will achieve a high position .
My English is weak, so I hope you understand my words : bandit:

Your English is fine - from what I understand you have chosen the moon to represent the possible mentor - which you have done so I believe by picking the 11th house from 4th. This doesn't feel correct to me as I would not consider them to be friends - they are really just acquaintances, however thank you for your interpenetration and I hope that you are correct :)

waybread

Interesting - you said 10th house, however L1 makes no aspect to L10 wouldn't this generally signify a no, as the question is regarding a possible future event? Also interesting that if the mentor is L10, he receives L4 (my father) in detriment - another not so positive sign

I would like to hear more about why you think this would work out well for me (and believe me, I would love to have such an opportunity)

As for (a) - that is a given, I always put in good effort and give it my all and for (b) that is some sound advice - so thank you for that

A planet in the house of the quesited is usually a co-significator for the quesited.

tikana

That's an interesting chart

Sun is too debilitated to do anything (Weak in Libra) not even accidentally placed (me thinks that your dad might be overwhelmed with Mars'affairs - way too close to sun)

Merc is combusted by Sun as well. You could say (you cant have a combustion from the Sun because it is always close to the sun by default).
your Mercury rejects Sun - that's a 3rd no.

Now, we look at Mercury and it is trining beautiful Jupiter which is in 10th house, the greater benefitial planet - and it is about to turn direct.
I'd say No to your dad but you will get the help from older Jupiter (he is definately older than you and has the experience you need)

Check this out. So Jupiter is in Aquairus it is not debiliated by essential dignities - it has its paws on term
So term is saying that we have a significator that is represents someone with reasonable merit, skill and background within an appropriate field.
We also get that from Saturn because Jupiter disposes Saturn . Saturn is in its kingdom right in the middle of a sign (not going anywhere)
older darker skinny older man. So the man is badazz. And funny thing is Sun (your dad) adores him/admires/puts him on a pedestal (NOT in a romantic way lol) but there is exalt in libra sun

off side note.. when you are looking for a best fit teacher/professor and etc, always seek dignified Jupiter as a signifcator for that person. I cannot even tell you how many times I have had horaries with a lesser quality of professors (in my horaries) where the significator for L9 (professor) was not a Jupiter or strong dignified (in its own domain) lord. I remember I ran one question ("Will i learn anything useful in this class? Hows the professor?), it shocked me how good this professor was. Very very Jupiterian caliber.

You are applying to jupiter that tells me (interestingly enough mercury does rule students, craftsmen at school or gaining experience I think that is clearly mentioned in W Lilly's book in 10th house matters)

Another interesting thing about the Sun it is separating from Asce - meaning that what you wish won't happen. If everything fails, look for quested to asce to get your answer.

Moon sextiles venus (6th house) I like this! it is a weak sextile but it is def what you are asking about.

Overall No to your dad but someone with greater expereince will be mentoring you.

update please

Last edited:

sinhtheslumberingdragon

That's an interesting chart

Sun is too debilitated to do anything (Weak in Libra) not even accidentally placed (me thinks that your dad might be overwhelmed with Mars'affairs - way too close to sun)

Merc is combusted by Sun as well. You could say (you cant have a combustion from the Sun because it is always close to the sun by default).
your Mercury rejects Sun - that's a 3rd no.

Now, we look at Mercury and it is trining beautiful Jupiter which is in 10th house, the greater benefitial planet - and it is about to turn direct.
I'd say No to your dad but you will get the help from older Jupiter (he is definately older than you and has the experience you need)

Check this out. So Jupiter is in Aquairus it is not debiliated by essential dignities - it has its paws on term
So term is saying that we have a significator that is represents someone with reasonable merit, skill and background within an appropriate field.
We also get that from Saturn because Jupiter disposes Saturn . Saturn is in its kingdom right in the middle of a sign (not going anywhere)
older darker skinny older man. So the man is badazz. And funny thing is Sun (your dad) adores him/admires/puts him on a pedestal (NOT in a romantic way lol) but there is exalt in libra sun

off side note.. when you are looking for a best fit teacher/professor and etc, always seek dignified Jupiter as a signifcator for that person. I cannot even tell you how many times I have had horaries with a lesser quality of professors (in my horaries) where the significator for L9 (professor) was not a Jupiter or strong dignified (in its own domain) lord. I remember I ran one question ("Will i learn anything useful in this class? Hows the professor?), it shocked me how good this professor was. Very very Jupiterian caliber.

You are applying to jupiter that tells me (interestingly enough mercury does rule students, craftsmen at school or gaining experience I think that is clearly mentioned in W Lilly's book in 10th house matters)

Another interesting thing about the Sun it is separating from Asce - meaning that what you wish won't happen. If everything fails, look for quested to asce to get your answer.

Moon sextiles venus (6th house) I like this! it is a weak sextile but it is def what you are asking about.

Overall No to your dad but someone with greater expereince will be mentoring you.

update please

Apologies for the delay, I have been sick. Right now we are in the process of contacting him.

Thank you for your reply - I appreciate the insight. The Sun being particularly weak was something I had noticed as well.

I have posted another horary question which is relevant to this one, so if you want you can check that one out.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1134479#post1134479