Should he retire or wait?

ElenaJ

A friend has to decide whether he should go into retirement now, or wait a year or two. He has an important position in a hospital, and enjoys his work, but with the Corona virus situation many things are changing and uncertainty set in.
Is it to his advantage to retire now, or to wait?

He is a friend, and I asked the question so he should be 11th house, ruled by mercury.
Fittingly enough, moon is about to conjunct mercury, the moon shows what I had on my mind when I asked the question.
His pension is his 8th, which would be the radical 6th, ruled by mars.
Mars is about to receive a trine from Venus, in the turned 10th of career, which is also ruled by mercury.
Can we say his first alternative, to retire, is his 4th, and the second alternative, to make a deal with his employers and wait a couple of years, is his 7th?
If this is the case, retirement now would be Jupiter, with south node in the house.
Waiting (continue to work for now) would be the radical 5th, again ruled by Jupiter, but also Neptune, with Chiron, moon and mercury. This might indicate in fact his preference to remain, because he does enjoy his work.
Part of Fortune does sextile Jupiter, but this is little help if it is significator of both houses.
Am I assigning these houses correctly?
Or, is this a false alternative I have set up?
Is there another solution in the chart?
Thanks for any insight on this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 21.21.26.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 21.21.26.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 39

kalinka

His L4 Jupiter is very weak(in its fall) and soon turns retrograde, which means that he has to wait for his retirement. His job is L10 Mercury or Saturn L6 (workplace). Both are stronger. Mercury is in its term and Saturn in its ownership. Since Venus is on the cusp of his 10th, I also would use Venus for his job. She's in her term.
Saturn receives Mercury in triplicity. Venus is in Mercury's rulership and triplicity. Jupiter does not receive Mercury at all. So to continue the job is the better decision.
The 4th of the job =end of the matter, is likewise ruled by mercury or Venus.
Mercury is in Jupiter's triplicity but in the debilation of Venus and Saturn. However this only means that his favor option currently is to retire.
Moon and Mercury are applying a square to Jupiter, which means that he will decide against the retirement for now. Even if Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception, I don't think this square speaks for the retirement at the end.

Last edited:

kalinka

Just of curiosity I looked into the sidereal zodiac. Here he is represented by the Sun, located in his 9th and exalted in Aries. The retirement is his 8th(because it is the 11th of the 10th) and is occupied by Mercury (his L2 and L11)and Moon (indicates what you are thinking about). His L10 is Venus, strong in her own rulership Taurus and sitting in her functional house ownership in the 10th (career/job). Saturn is his 6th(job) and 7th Lord (=contract), also strong in his domicile Capricorn and placed in the 6th. His 8th house ruler is Jupiter, located with Saturn in the 6th and debilated. It is clearly seen in the picture that he will make another deal with his employer and this second option is the better(because of the accidental and essential strength) one.

Last edited:

kalinka

Hi,

Moon (company's money) approaches Mercury (friend), so I see this as pension coming to the friend.

this is an interesting point because in the sidereal chart Moon and Mercury are in his retirement house. Mercury is here the company's money and conjoins with the moon. However both planets are very weak. Could it maybe means that the employer will offer him more money to continue the work at the hospital :unsure: If we use Venus for the boss, in mercury's rulership (tropical), it shows how much they probably want him to stay.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

this is an interesting point because in the sidereal chart Moon and Mercury are in his retirement house. Mercury is here the company's money and conjoins with the moon. However both planets are very weak. Could it maybe means that the employer will offer him more money to continue the work at the hospital :unsure: If we use Venus for the boss, in mercury's rulership (tropical), it shows how much they probably want him to stay.
Moon translates from Venus (boss' co-ruler) to Mercury (friend) and in friendly aspects, so it could be that the boss wants him to stay. Then I see that there is POF in the friend's 4th, so he might actually be looking fwd. to enjoy home life. I think the friend has a choice. Given the current pandemic and doctors are in high demand, I think the boss could ask the friend to continue.

ElenaJ

Interesting, thank you all.
He is having a meeting on Apr 22nd to discuss his situation with someone who is a friend but one of the authorities of the hospital.
Here is the chart for that meeting, which may shed more light on the situation. It seems to relate to some of your comments.
Note that his natal chart has a sun/uranus square, and on the meeting chart this Uranus falls on the ascendent, with natal sun opposing the meeting moon.
This also gives an indication of the pressure that transits have been putting on him recently.
So here we see a grand cross between his natal sun/uranus square and the transiting moon/pluto square, with Pluto on the descendent.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 04.53.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 04.53.30.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 23

kalinka

Interesting, thank you all.
He is having a meeting on Apr 22nd to discuss his situation with someone who is a friend but one of the authorities of the hospital.
Here is the chart for that meeting, which may shed more light on the situation. It seems to relate to some of your comments.
Note that his natal chart has a sun/uranus square, and on the meeting chart this Uranus falls on the ascendent, with natal sun opposing the meeting moon.
This also gives an indication of the pressure that transits have been putting on him recently.
So here we see a grand cross between his natal sun/uranus square and the transiting moon/pluto square, with Pluto on the descendent.

He is probably asc ruler moon in the 10th house and squares with Jupiter, which is the 6th and 10th house ruler. Maybe he will decide against to work further? Or it shows disagreements

ElenaJ

Actually, this being the meeting, I thought he might receive an offer that wasn't worth it.
Which is not to say that this is the end of negotiations.

kalinka

when he has to decide?
The thing is, Moon (company's money) is peregrine. The amount is very small. Also no reception between Moon and Mercury. So he'll receive money but it does not satisfied him. Maybe it's just like a bonus payment.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Feedback on the meeting.
They want him to stay another 2 years, so they will have a meeting with the general director about him tomorrow! So this would be the result of the second chart, the meeting today.
Your interpretations so far were quite accurate!
Thanks.
I will update.

aquarius7000

Hi,

the chart you posted yesterday, which i am seeing only now unfortunately and you have already given the outcome. This is an event Astrology chart, so he becomes the Moon and is in his 10th house of profession. His boss is Jup and Moon develops a square to Jup, so the meeting was not fruitful for your friend and led to some disagreement (sq). Given the Moon is not particularly strong, he was unable to 'get his way'.

ElenaJ

Hi,

the chart you posted yesterday, which i am seeing only now unfortunately and you have already given the outcome. This is an event Astrology chart, so he becomes the Moon and is in his 10th house of profession. His boss is Jup and Moon develops a square to Jup, so the meeting was not fruitful for your friend and led to some disagreement (sq). Given the Moon is not particularly strong, he was unable to 'get his way'.

This is what I had seen as the outcome.
However, the encounter ended with an agreement that a meeting would be set up with the director of the hospital to agree on an offer, they want him to stay on at least 2 years more.
Let's see what they come up with, hopefully something positive.
I will update.

ElenaJ

Further update, he has an appointment tomorrow with the head of personnel. I did the chart for the meeting, it looks positive.
6th ruler Venus is exactly on the ascendent and trines midheaven.
Also north node and POF are in first house.
His 2nd ruler of income is moon, well placed in taurus, separating from the mars square and approaching trine to Pluto and Jupiter.
I'm not sure why the moon is in 12th house, but this is a hospital, so perhaps that is it?
I see them coming to meet him with a good offer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 18.06.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 18.06.30.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 22

ElenaJ

So far not definite. (Typical for Italy)
He is still working, however, so hopefully it is tending towards continuing.
Thanks for checking.
I will update.

ElenaJ

This morning I spoke with my friend for more details.
At the moment his retirement is scheduled for Oct. 20,2020.
The hospital wants him to remain another two years, he made the request for a raise, and and the possibility of working on the restructuring of the departments.
His direct boss says he too is considering retiring, because of the current economic situation in the national health services and the Italian state that might be modifying the retirement requirements.
This happens every so often and people thinking they will retire at year's end find themselves waiting another 5 years to qualify! (Ridiculous, but it's the Italian state malfunction!).
Here is a chart where I ask, will they make him an offer he finds acceptable?
I asked the question, he is my friend, so he is 11th, Venus.
Moon is in the turned 6th of his work, fittingly enough, and in libra, his sun sign.
Moon approaches a trine to Venus in the radical 12th (hospitals), which is his 2nd of income.
We also see north node there, and close to Venus.
His pension is his 8th, the radical 6th, where we see Part of fortune.
It looks very positive.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.35.16.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.35.16.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30

kalinka

Look what Venus will do. Soon turns retrograde and moves back to Saturn, his L10 but the trine will never perfect. Don't know if this shows that he will continue for some further years or only the time till October as you mentioned.
I think the offer was already seen in the last chart= company's second house in conjunction with his significator.However it does not look satisfying for him.
In this chart company's second is Jupiter-as we know we cannot expect much from Jupiter currently. Also Venus is in Jupiter's detriment-he is not content with it.
Moon translates the light from Venus to Mars (company's 3rd for documents and his 7th=contract?) and at last squares with Jupiter.