Should we buy a house during Venus Retrograde?

Hi, new poster here so please forgive / educate me about any mistakes!

My husband and I are looking to buy a new house. I'm not an expert on astrology, but I know that in general that home-related and/or large purchases are not recommended during Venus Retrograde. Our current lease is up June 30th and we'd like to make an offer on a house we saw before Venus went retrograde. I read somewhere that buying real estate during Venus retro is not always a bad thing if you know you're getting a bargain.

Should this be avoided at all costs?

Is it okay to make the offer in May, and close at the very end of the June when Venus is no longer retrograde?

What is your advice, things to watch out for?

Any help is appreciated. I attached both of our natal charts. Thank you :)

Attachments

• HW chart.jpg
    HW chart.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 54
  • RW chart.jpg
    RW chart.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 42

Anachiel

I'm not telling you when to do so but, when you feel inspired, ask a horary. It's simple, specific and to the point rather than wandering around your natal chart trying to find a pin in the haystack.

Venus RX does not affect real-estate, nor does Venus rule anything to do with real-estate. If you think along those lines then Saturn would be more concerning being retrograde as he does rule real property.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far! They are very much appreciated.

Anachiel, I am new to the game - where can I find and exactly what is a horary? Will I be giving them different information than the natal charts? Thanks for any help with this.

JUPITERASC

I've never heard of Venus Rx having any negative effect on purchasing real estate before...
Venus RX does not affect real-estate, nor does Venus rule anything to do with real-estate.
“Venus indicates the acquisition of property” source: Vettius Valens

Based on Hellenistic delineation then, potential negative effect of a Venus Rx on the acquisition of property may well be worthy of consideration IMO

However, traditional astrology has in some cases departed from original/ancient considerations
. :smile:

dr. farr

Avoiding purchase during the hours when the Moon is void of course, or when the sign containing the South Node is rising in the ascendant, are, in my opinion, much more important than considerations of Venus in this matter...

JUPITERASC

Avoiding purchase during the hours when the Moon is void of course, or when the sign containing the South Node is rising in the ascendant, are, in my opinion, much more important than considerations of Venus in this matter...
dr. farr our “Electional & Event Astrology Board Discuss here astrologically good times to do things” at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6 could well prove of value to heathmarie29 if she were to post her question there as well – because of the many facets to this astrological issue :smile:

Thanks everyone for your help so far! I did repost the question in the other section in case that is the more correct place for it.

I have a moon void-of-course calendar, so I know to avoid this, but how can I tell when this is happening: "sign containing the South Node is rising in the ascendant."?

dr. farr

Simple: punch the given time into the free horoscope section @ astro.com; see if the SN is in the rising sign (1st house) Note: until September of this year the SN will be in Gemini, so if Gemini is rising then that hour would be avoided.

ebeep

I realize that this is an old post, but I wanted to share that for whatever it is worth, I purchased a home 5 years ago during Venus Retrograde and it was the best financial decision of my life growing 75% in market value. I am in no way here to challenge anyone’s belief system, but I would like to just bear evidence that the Universe has supported me tremendously in spite of Venus in Retrograde. Blessings to you!

Hi, new poster here so please forgive / educate me about any mistakes!

My husband and I are looking to buy a new house. I'm not an expert on astrology, but I know that in general that home-related and/or large purchases are not recommended during Venus Retrograde. Our current lease is up June 30th and we'd like to make an offer on a house we saw before Venus went retrograde. I read somewhere that buying real estate during Venus retro is not always a bad thing if you know you're getting a bargain.

Should this be avoided at all costs?

Is it okay to make the offer in May, and close at the very end of the June when Venus is no longer retrograde?

What is your advice, things to watch out for?

Any help is appreciated. I attached both of our natal charts. Thank you :)

Tandy

Banned
Hi, my curious question about this topic - pardon my asking here - but seems a quick ask - regarding a real state 'event' chart do you consider it best to use the 'signature' date as the deal or the 'closing' date in real estate deals as indicators of the purchase success or failure?

Example would be I signed a deal and waited on seller for 2 weeks to sign because they were hospitalized. Then they signed and then it closed a week later - cash sale. Was their signature on papers the 'deal' for me or was my signature alone? about 3 weeks from my signature to closing.

My commitment aka signature layed dorment essentially, until the other party signed - so is it my signature date, the both-parties-signed-date - or the closing date of sale I should look at for possible financial aspects?

Last edited: