pls help me learn about my future child.

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

Astrology does not guarantee that you will have a child or children. It indicates good or bad times, likely or unlikely times for something to happen.

I don't know how relevant the old indicators of fertility really are, in today's era of better maternal and neo-natal care.

Maybe ask again when you reach an age and a stage in your life when motherhood is a more immediate topic for you.

Your sun is in Leo in the first house. Exploring who you are for yourself is a good theme for you to focus on just now.

eebaym

i’m not talking about fertility indicators, or how many ill have. the fifth house is known to represent children. i’ve read that your chart can indicate the personality or element influence of your child, if any. and THAT is what i wanted to obtain. hopefully somebody gets it

waybread

I get it, eebaym, but I think you demand more of astrology than it delivers. That was my point.

Astrology cannot not promise a 100% accurate forecast of your future. Why? Because you are not like some pre-programmed robot, who can only enact what what the stars pre-determined for you. That would strip you of your essential humanity, and any ability to make choices for your life. Your horoscope shows your potential at birth, not your biography. Some astrologers are better at prediction than others, and I think the really good ones are psychic. Astrology can say what is likely or unlikely to happen. But your life is in your hands.

Let's dissect your question. You ask about "your future child" (singular.) You might not have any children, so fertility is an entirely relevant topic. You might have more than one child, so which one would we be talking about?

It is very typical for siblings to have Mom show up very differently in their respective charts. Mom's chart is the same regardless of her children's charts, yet they may relate to her very differently. This is true even if Mom does her best to treat her children equally.

Too often people consult an astrologer looking for happy affirmative interpretations. But the astrologer's job, when conducted honestly, is to speak the truth as s/he sees it. That may or may not be good news for the querent.

Then let's think about conditions under which you would want to have a child. A committed partnership? Marriage?" A settled home life? A sperm donor with you as a single mom if your ideal spouse/partner doesn't show up? These show up differently in the horoscope.

Having said all that, you have Jupiter on the cusp of your 5th house, which is normally beneficial for childbearing, and can even indicate a larger number of children. However, Jupiter itself is in the "barren" sign of Virgo in the 2nd house of your money and possessions. It may be, when you are old enough to seriously think about having a baby, financial considerations will matter more to you than they do today.

Your moon is in the moderately fertile Venus-ruled sign of Libra and in mutual reception with Venus, so that is a much stronger indication of success in having a child in the first place, as well as having a loving, affectionate relationship with it.

Chiron is in your 5th house. It is a little planetoid that generally shows us the site of emotional or even physical pain that never completely heals, but where, if we stay open to its wounds, we gain in wisdom and compassion.

But keep in mind that the baby's father would have his own 5th house, which may look very different from yours.

Pluto is right on the cusp of your 5th house. It squares Jupiter, suggesting that parenting may engage you in power struggles with a child. (This is not inconsistent with love and affection, as parent-child relationships are often complicated.)

If you can minimize power struggles, the moon-Pluto (mother-child) bond can be very strong on an emotional sub-conscious level.

Speaking as a parent of two adult children and grandmother to an adorable little boy, I would say that parenting can bring about all kinds of worries and heart-aches, even when the relationship is basically loving and solid. There is a saying that children start off in life loving their parents, but end up judging them. When we're lucky as parents, children come through their tumultuous teenage years with that loving bond still intact.

I get that this isn't the answer you hoped for, but perhaps you were unclear about what astrology can actually deliver.

Best wishes, W.