If They're Eating Candy, They're Probably Nicer

Moog

Very amusing part of this Cracked article.

They actually did five different studies and found that a general preference for candy means the person is also more likely to be agreeable and do good deeds, just because. They were just nicer people than the ones who, say, prefer potato chips instead of chocolate at snack time.

I happen to have a pretty rubbish Venus, and I rarely eat sweeties. I rarely choose sweet foods over savoury ones. And I wouldn't say I'm horrible, but I'm also not someone you'd call 'sweet', 'fun' or any of the other terms applied in the article. Jupiter's my working benefic.

Is there astrology afoot here?

byjove

Account Closed
I have a strong Venus and unfortunately, have a sweet-tooth. I'm afraid it will be my bane...in the last few years I have adopted vegetarianism, renounced alcohol, and seriously boosted my fruit and veg. intake to about 10 per day - but I still have a sweet tooth.

I'm curious about the title...(people) nicer who eat candy perhaps? *Venus in Pisces tentatively raises hand* :love:

surrealsuburb123

I love sweet things, and I have Venus in Pisces like byjove. :love:

It's also conjunct Jupiter so I'm prone to over-indulging. :whistling: :love:

I love gummy worms and vanilla ice cream. :sideways:

Surreal

Blaze

Account Closed
*Shamelessly Necromancy*

I personally like sweats as opposed to savory snacks. Taurus is my asc and Venus is in my first house, though it's in very early Gemini. I can be very selfish and vain at times, but I'm not a dick. And I generally treat all people the same. Generally.

Wouldn't the Asc (And the aspects to it) be more of an indicator of 'friendliness'. I know a lot of jerks who eat candy. :p

Osamenor

Staff member
Craving sweet or salty or savory has more to do with your state of health than anything else, and it can change. I used to have a very strong sweet tooth, but after I made lots of changes in my diet--mostly vegetarian/vegan, no refined grains, minimal sugar--I don't have much craving for sweets anymore.

Recently, though, I found myself craving sweets more often. I had an acupuncture appointment scheduled, and when I mentioned it to the acupuncturist, he said craving sugar is a sign of spleen deficiency. In Chinese medicine, one clue as to where the deficiencies are is what kind of food tastes the patient most wants.