Surgery on 9/19 & fear of the date: Venus + new moon in Virgo.

lunasky

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this site and I'm hoping for some insight, and hopefully ease of mind. Before I begin, I will note that this is about a cosmetic surgery operation. I hate to be irritating but I ask that anyone who is against/unsupportive of such procedures perhaps just ignore my post...I'm already nervous and don't need any more bad juju.

Anyhow, here we go with the details:

- I am having a plastic surgery operation (facial/rhinoplasty) on September 19, 2017 from 7 to 11 am, in Washington, DC.
- On June 5, 2017, I scheduled my surgery for September 21. During Mercury retrograde (this past week), the doctor had to move my surgery to September 19th, as he realized he was overbooked the 21st.
- I originally scheduled this surgery after nearly 10 years of planning for it, and made sure to do so with enough time after Mercury retrograde ends this month.
- I am a Sagittarius with Aquarius rising, if it helps.

I know that my surgery day, September 19, is a new moon in Virgo, and will be joining Venus, the Sun, Mercury and Mars (not sure - but this is what I know from several sources). However, an astrologer I regularly follow told me the 19th is not a good day for cosmetic surgery, gave no supportive reasons, but scared me to death, honestly. My question is:

Are there any aspects here that really suggest an unsuccessful surgery? I thought surely my aspects were fine, but now am freaking out. The moon won't be void of course, we'll be near the 9/20 new moon, Virgo is a sign of attention to detail and perfection and Mars will be around too....I thought FOR SURE i had picked the best day i could, considering this is mostly being booked around my surgeon's schedule.

You guys, I am getting SO nervous as the day is approaching. I've paid in full and the operation cannot be rescheduled during that week, and I've taken off work long in advance. Apologies if I sound vain, but I've wanted this for years, picked the best surgeon in DC...this is my face after all, and the goal is improvement. I would be devastated if the outcome turned out less than ideal.

Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you all so much.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, it may not be the perfect day for plastic surgery, but I do NOT see anything terrible on the 19th. I would not worry about it. You could post your chart if you would like more info.

ashriia

Pull up a chart with the date/location/time of procedure and post it here. Helps to see a chart for the event. Also post your natal with transits for the date. I'm not skilled in medical astrology, so can't offer much help. But so long as mercury and venus aren't retrograde, should be okay, generally speaking. A chart needs to be analyzed for it though.

lunasky

Thank you both for your kind replies!

I'm not sure how to pull up a chart for the day, I'm very new to this. :sad: However, if it helps, it will be between the hours of 7 and 11 AM EST on September 19, in Washington DC. Unsure how / where to chart that - any advice?

Here is my natal: Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 8.21.38 PM.png

ashriia

Here we go, hope an astrologer with experience in medical astrology can be of assistance.

Good Luck:smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_57_cosmetic_surgery.2640.22259.jpg
    astro_2gw_57_cosmetic_surgery.2640.22259.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

lunasky

Generally speaking, it may not be the perfect day for plastic surgery, but I do NOT see anything terrible on the 19th. I would not worry about it. You could post your chart if you would like more info.

Thanks so much VirgoSun - your response put me at ease - and both charts are posted below.

Any insight as to why it may not be an "ideal" day? As long as it's nothing too horrible, and it wouldn't be an aspect that indicates detriment to my life, I feel like it's okay. I just hope there aren't any aspects that say that I may not be pleased with the outcome, or that it wont be successful aesthetically - thats probably my biggest fear of all.:unsure:

Rawiri

A new moon is never ideal and in an ideal world you would never do anything under it.

But I've seen far worse...and other than that it's not TOO bad.

My only concern is that Venus is in the area where the solar eclipse recently occurred.

There will also be some "protective" influences going on throughout that time period...either exalted Mercury in an angle (7ish to 7:30ish) or after that Jupiter in the 1st. Both are good to help. Later on with Scorpio rising Venus will be in the 10th which is also good.

There are some more minor bad things throughout that time, at certain times...but since you don't have much control over the exact time in most surgeries these no point bothering with them. Earlier would be better than later in the time period you give, I'd say.

Overall...there are some concerns because of the Moon mostly. Possibly with Virgo as a sign overall (due to the month and also Virgo is the 8th from your ascendant, having that rising is often undesirable) But there's always going to be SOME protective effect operating throughout the time period. Either Mercury exalted, Venus or Jupiter will be on an angle. They're all direct, none are combust. It's on Tuesday, day of Mars (good for surgery). Mars is away from Saturn, not combust and with an exalted planet.

There is some nice stuff going on.

I hope you and others love your new look. :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much VirgoSun - your response put me at ease - and both charts are posted below.

Any insight as to why it may not be an "ideal" day? As long as it's nothing too horrible, and it wouldn't be an aspect that indicates detriment to my life, I feel like it's okay. I just hope there aren't any aspects that say that I may not be pleased with the outcome, or that it wont be successful aesthetically - thats probably my biggest fear of all.:unsure:

The Moon will be in its dark phase and they say it is not a time to take action, but its not really a big deal. Also for plastic surgery it would be ideal for Mars and Venus to have dignity and be well aspected which will not be the case on the 19th, but they will not be negatively aspected either. Mercury will be opposed Neptune which could cause some mental confusion, but I assume that you will be under anesthesia so it seems appropriate. I don't see anything that would indicate that you will be unhappy or that it will not be a success.

lunasky

The Moon will be in its dark phase and they say it is not a time to take action, but its not really a big deal. Also for plastic surgery it would be ideal for Mars and Venus to have dignity and be well aspected which will not be the case on the 19th, but they will not be negatively aspected either. Mercury will be opposed Neptune which could cause some mental confusion, but I assume that you will be under anesthesia so it seems appropriate. I don't see anything that would indicate that you will be unhappy or that it will not be a success.

Thank you, VirgoSun. Gosh, I am so nervous. I've tried looking into what Venus in Virgo could mean in general regarding "beauty" procedures -- and all of those planets being in Virgo at the same time -- but came up short. I just want to like the end result and not die.

Culpeper

Premium Member
As other astrologers wrote the 19th is not the best day to have surgery. In the electional chart Jupiter is significator of the surgeon. Jupiter is direct, in the second house and in reception with Saturn. This appears to be a competent surgeon. It would be nice to have an aspect between Jupiter and Mercury. All the planets are direct. The surgery should be successful, but there may be after effects from the anesthesia or other side effects. The poor timing will bring something. For after effects of anesthesia the remedy is homeopathic Phosphorus. Take a dose before and after or just after

lunasky

As other astrologers wrote the 19th is not the best day to have surgery. In the electional chart Jupiter is significator of the surgeon. Jupiter is direct, in the second house and in reception with Saturn. This appears to be a competent surgeon. It would be nice to have an aspect between Jupiter and Mercury. All the planets are direct. The surgery should be successful, but there may be after effects from the anesthesia or other side effects. The poor timing will bring something. For after effects of anesthesia the remedy is homeopathic Phosphorus. Take a dose before and after or just after

Thank you, Culpeper. I did try my best to pick a reknown surgeon for this type of procedure, so that is good to hear. I will take note on the Phosphorus.

Is there anything in the chart that indicates I may be unhappy with the result? And in terms of anesthesia, anything gravely dangerous? Those are my fears.

I wonder if the difficult aspects you are seeing have anything to do with the anxiety I will inevitably have the day of - I'm a highly anxious person, and so are my parents, especially since they are not 100% thrilled about my decision. I predict they're going to be highly frantic that day (mercury + neptune) , but I hoped that would be the worst of it.

Last edited:

ashriia

I'm a highly anxious person, and so are my parents, especially since they are not 100% thrilled about my decision .

It's important that you feel confident and good about yourself. you have saturn square venus natally and a cappy moon, with ascendant ruler in cappy as well. Capricorns most distinctive feature is prominent nose. Since saturn rules the bones, sometimes the nose is broken also in childhood.

Its important that you feel confident in your looks, regardless of what anyone else thinks or has to say about it. If you know it will make you feel better about yourself, then that is all that matters.:smile:

I think the issue with the anesthesia that was mentioned is neptune square saturn. Personally i think having virgo in the 12th with all the planets therein is a good thing. Virgo=surgeons/service workers/precision. 12th hospitals. mars is in virgo. Mars=sharp objects/cutting in detail oriented virgo. IMO, i think the procedure should be successful, but again, medical astrology isn't something I really do.

best to you.

lunasky

Lunasky

Hello Lun

It's interesting to note you scheduled your surgery date on a day when Venus was conjunct Uranus, in Aries in her detriment; the date for the surgery being rescheduled is very indicative to Uranus energy affecting changes-an energy he is known for-due to projects implemented on a certain date-when his energies were in affect of a major concern or planet (the main player Venus=beauty as the goal.) Venus. Venus at the time in Aries also speaks of you wishing to 'change' Venus present appearance or effects-to emerge into Venus in Taurus to improve appearance, she has dignity in Taurus is handsome and shows her meaningful purpose most times-there, either fair of face or resembling some charm.

During the healing process the planets will evolve or progress (daily transits) eventually into Libra-the goal of the context of the question-the main concern of the querent (subconscious wish-Venus appearing in the 11th having just emerged from N.N. conjunction.)

Venus is changing themes on the date of your surgery, she enters the sign of Virgo and will suffer an adjustment to the premise of your question, Venus in Virgo is in her fall-being rearranged. At the same time she will be in a sign that speaks of health and healing.

Virgo is a place in the dark in a hospital environment (12th) reflecting the energies (stellium) purpose or operations of these major players or concerns; Mars, Mercury, Moon, POF & Sun to deliver. Note the natural host of the 12th house Neptune has been removed to an area of concern in the 6th; health concerns=highest expression of beauty (Venus higher octave is Neptune; some give Uranus to this representation.) Your anxiety is Mercury (12th) opposition to Neptune but Mercury is exalted in Virgo, nothing to worry about. Also note Virgo Ascendant is close to leaving the sign; the surgery is settled and progressing to emerge into an area of Libra=beauty. A heralding of sorts of things to come as an expectation of the physical expression of Prima Facie or person.

Venus will soon enter the stellium and could be considered at 5 degrees in orb before entering the next sign to demonstrate some effectiveness to that sign'
s/house concerns=Venus in Virgo here only is speaking of the bandaged area disfigured temporarily, going through a healing process; she being in Virgo feeling Mars energies is traumatic to say the least, under the knife! She will be in the dark (12th) until a certain amount of healing time is accomplished-expected.

Briefly (see context above) mentioned concerning Venus, (her involvement in the initiation of the speculative project or design) was begun when you signed the contract or papers for surgery, money paid-work or commitment in progress or expectation to be fulfilled.

MC is near the last degrees of the sign Gemini squaring the Ascendant; thinking only (Gemini) the destiny (Gemini now occupying the 10th house) as effective or none effective results of the surgeons expertise (extremities=hands Gemini rules hands) will present an obstacle to your desired wishes.

POF is near the Moon (= beneficial protecting) she is presently under the Sun's beams (Cancer intercepted in the 10th=oblivious or obscured under 'his' helm-control , i.e.; you will be under anaesthesia. (In effect here time will be at a standstill-note the sign of Cancer-Moon lord of the 4th ruling time.) Also figuratively speaking 'he' referred to here-for I am unaware of the gender of the surgeon Sun being male normally, but deposited in a 'feminine' natured area in the map-ruled of Pisces; Mercury depositing Neptune in natural 6th house=Virgo in return is neuter-could be a woman surgeon.) Moon eventually to be in Cazumi, entering into the Kings lap during the surgery is also protective; actual activity of the surgery (?) fulfilling the contracted agreement.

During your healing process (interim to come-face is bandaged) your 'identity' will be in Libra-Sun in his Fall-healing process will take on weeks if not months to achieve the design of final achievement intended by the surgeon.

All that is expected is developed satisfactorily as POF and N.N. promised to deliver; during the process POF is beneficial, and when signing the agreement N.N. was hovering about some of these planets then in Leo that are now in the stellium of Virgo.

The planets 'specific' to their prior placements individual aspects examined would be a long treatise of explanation-so will try to sum it all up here...by saying, when in the month of October expect the results to be accomplished of Venus expectations-beauty after the healing.

Vyri:w00t:

During the process of the transits you may consider the energies evolving daily into different areas from the 12th house to the 4th house where Pluto is for the accomplishment of your wishes bringing to satisfactory conclusion the initial reason for the surgery-changed personal (Pluto)

All the best
Vyri

Vyri - thank you SO much for your comprehensive answer!! I feel a bit better. However, I did want to ask you for clarification of the above. With the gemini square, you said:

"MC is near the last degrees of the sign Gemini squaring the Ascendant; thinking only (Gemini) the destiny (Gemini now occupying the 10th house) as effective or none effective results of the surgeons expertise (extremities=hands Gemini rules hands) will present an obstacle to your desired wishes."

....does this mean that I may not like the outcome of the procedure? That would be my worst nightmare :(

Thanks again.

lunasky

The querant is asking about a relief from fear and a reassurance of a successful surgery, there isn't anything in her request 'experienced astrologer' that even remotely suggests she is concerned about resources..(yeah-don't see it)..If you are talking about Scorpio a rising near her 2nd and third house, that sign leaving the 8th house that has rule over all change is in a place that is of 'anxiety' and concern of being under the knife in her future. (2nd) Mars additionally in the 12th is another testimony to that fact. Her Ascendant is in a 'face degree' near Mars and Saturn-another reference to fear, the evidence of just what must proceed as an expectation before success is to be present..The context of her question has 'fear' in the statement itself! Mars is needful signature in Virgo, the house position explains Mars expected process, cutting. The face (Aries) on the 8th is 'where' that change will take place.

Aries on the 8th house in exchange of Scorpio leaving his realm displaces the natural meaning-placement of Scorpio now on the third-thoughts, gives additional testimony about her concern-about 'personal' change (Mars of that sign reflects a hidden concern-in the 12th=the surgery itself, as the 8th is the surgeon and rules surgery (look to Gemini (thinking) displaced from the 3rd now on the 10th=4th (conclusion of the surgical process) from the 7th doctor's in general, the result of the procedure from the surgeons skill. The stellium in the 12th could refer to a lot of extenuations (sub concerns=12th) but I think here they are specific to 'worry' to circumstance-a reference to a time-date, if you will, she has already scheduled for the surgery..(engines running ready for take off!-Again note last degrees of Virgo rising on the Ascendant)...when she will be under anesthesia.)

Moon Cazumi with Sole ('The bended knee) she appears before His throne' (so to speak)-requesting audience to approach Sole; parallel's Him=last aspect of the Moon; Sun is ambassador to the 'hopes & wishes' 11th where displaced Leo has alighted from the creative 5th: Leo of that realm has gone to guarantee her expectations by evidence of her reception with Sole (Leo's lord or delegate) as he embraces her and holds her upon his lap: he grants her wish, end of story.

Think you are making the chart reflect your own interests...here?

All the best
Vyri

The querent is looking for confidence and a date for a good surgery you are right, but is she really interested in her pocket book rather than the success of a different persona..for the world to see?

@Vyri, THANK YOU. You have given me hope that this surgery might actually be a success. Thank you for your very deep analysis, thank you for your positive thoughts, and thank you for understanding how emotionally stressful this is for me. Will be thinking of your positive words when I roll into the surgery on 9/19 :) :kissing:

Indeed I Dream

Hello Vyri

Sorry, I erred. (had glasses on) :sad:

Now I see the date is not bad. It's a good date for surgery

12th house means luck sometimes

Sun on Asc is good