Donald Trump will be impeached.

Dirius

Very sad, indeed. I hope that in addition to all this border talk, our government is trying to figure out the root causes of immigration from South and Central America. Is it related to the immigration the two of you are talking about?

Anyway, so far Trump is definitely siding against Russia on this one. That's reassuring to me, although yet again, I don't like some of the rough rhetoric. Anyway, it reassures me that he understands that supporting the democratically elected government is the thing the US is supposed to do. Do people there want the US involved?

@BlackLioness, same question to you, if you care to answer...

No. The immigration from central america comes at hands from other repressive goverments who have been ineffective in dealing with armed drug cartels, and have also massive goverment corruption. But central america has always been unstable. Think more or less, what is going on in Mexico, and replicate it through many of central american countries. The thing is that with Trump's wall looming over, illegal entry into the U.S. may soon end, so some people are making a push to enter the U.S. while they can.

On Venezuela, Trump is against Putin. This is because Venezuela is a member of OPEC and thus an ally of Russia, Iran, etc. who are actually backing Maduro up with military resources (while also looting whats left of Venezuela's treasury). Trump has been a critic of Maduro since his campaign days, and has already enforced sanctions against Venezuela.

People do want the U.S. involved, but the opinion regarding a military intervention is negative. What the southern hemisphere is looking for is mostly economic pressure on Maduro, so he is forced to resign. No one wants a war, because that would only harm the innocent venezuelans and probably increase the influx of migrants in other south american countries.. No one really knows what to do with Maduro. He is literally a dictator hanging to power with violence in an almost bankrupt empire. But any action against him would make the situation worse by hurting the venezuelan people. Unless venezuelans take up arms themselves (which seems to be heading this way) no one can really do anything.

Although if I may add, there is also the element of Brazil. The new wild card in play is Bolsonaro. A right wing president, in a country that is being hit hardest by immigration, with a strong military. So no one can know what he might do. I doubt he will declare war on Venezuela, but he is certainly the only one in south america who could. But this is pointless speculation. A war wouldn't be popular at all.

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

You should note that in this particular issue I was talking specifically about Argentina, which is a country with a low population relative to its large size and does actually get a benefit from some immigration, and also that during the Kirchner presidency many of our college educated citizens moved away to Europe (we actually suffered a shortage of doctors during 2011). Thus for us getting some high skilled workers, was not a problem at first.

But this is because Argentina only recieved the "wealthy" Venezuelans who could afford an airplane ticket. Obviously in Peru, Brazil, Ecuador and Colombia, there is a much bigger problem going on, because you are getting not only more migrants but also the unskilled workers who are harder to accomodate in the economy.

I agree with what you posted. I was just talking about a different situation. Which is also now in late 2018/early 2019 starting to cause problems for us.
I noticed that Dirius, I wonder if you have strong laws to control immigration. Maybe just because Argentina and the US are used to receive large influx of immigrants from a very long time, it seems you manage and deal better with immigration.

P.S: I forgot this was Donald Trump thread

Dirius

I noticed that Dirius, I wonder if you have strong laws to control immigration. Maybe just because Argentina and the US are used to receive large influx of immigrants from a very long time, it seems you manage and deal better with immigration.

P.S: I forgot this was Donald Trump thread

Argentina? not at all, has a massive problem with immigration. The thing is that, venezuelans as a group have not really been the problem, so far. My main issue is that laws allow for citizenship too quickly, allowing massive amounts of immigrants to become a political force that vote in favour of the political parties that support immigration. Also argentina grants benefits to immigrants that come at the cost of the tax-payer, increasing our spending, which again is used as a political tool.

I get your point, and I share your opinion about immigration. The thing is that for legal, controlled immigration, for the honest working people that wanna come here to Argentina to make a life for themselves, and who integrate into our society, I really have no problem with that. The problem is with the political aspects of it, in which politicians try to use them as political pawns for free votes. My personal solution is to make citizenship harder to get. Also with illegal criminals entering the country-

But again, we are talking about Argentina. Each country has specific problems, so my views on inmigration into Argentina should not be applied to every other situation in south america.

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

Very sad, indeed. I hope that in addition to all this border talk, our government is trying to figure out the root causes of immigration from South and Central America. Is it related to the immigration the two of you are talking about?

Anyway, so far Trump is definitely siding against Russia on this one. That's reassuring to me, although yet again, I don't like some of the rough rhetoric. Anyway, it reassures me that he understands that supporting the democratically elected government is the thing the US is supposed to do. Do people there want the US involved?

@BlackLioness, same question to you, if you care to answer...
People usually immigrate because they want higher salaries, because they are looking for better opportunities in their careers or because they want a brighter future for them and their offspring.

Here in "undeveloped" countries technology is limited, education is not as good as in the first world, judicial system is worst, the government keeps stealing public funds while most people complain but is not willing to change things. IMO, most people who move to another country think they won't be successful if they don't do so. And if they emigrate during hard times is because they have lost faith in their country/ government/ people. That is a very difficult decision because people who decide to stay and endure political and economical hardships usually say emigrants are cowards, alienated, anti patriotic and such. People have to face rejection and are very questioned if they emigrate during a political crisis.

If people here wants U.S. to get involved... left people definitely wouldn't want that, people who believes there's a conspiracy between U.S. and Brazil to take possession of Venezuela's black oil wouldn't want that either. Other people would consider U.S. military intervention a threat to South America natural resources.

If the U.S. gets involved by diplomatic means there won't be problem, but some anti imperialists would think the interim president of Venezuela has already been chosen by the U.S. so the outcome would be the same.

People who think U.S. intervention would be a good idea are not thinking in all the consequences it would have. To ask for an intervention just to get rid of immigrants? Many people feel relieved, but they are not considering the cost of it.

david starling

He was pro-abortion and pro-outsourcing, hired illegals himself, before he began crafting his political career. Definitely gamed the system, especially the Electoral College "thumb on the scale".

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

buzzfeed-stands-by-reporting-disputed-trump-cohen-story.jpg

Will Loony Lefists who have drunk the mainstream media DNC Kool-Aid commit mass suicide when Trump is re-elected? Maybe the rate of strokes and heart attacks will spike.

I hope they have all their legal affairs in order before the election so their relatives know what to do afterward. I heard Legal Zoom has Last Will and Testament templates they could use.

david starling

Will Loony Lefists who have drunk the mainstream media DNC Kool-Aid commit mass suicide when Trump is re-elected? Maybe the rate of strokes and heart attacks will spike.

I hope they have all their legal affairs in order before the election so their relatives know what to do afterward. I heard Legal Zoom has Last Will and Testament templates they could use.

Zapped you with some Trump-juice did he? :lol:

BlackLioness87

Leftists will rip their garments apart for sure.

I wonder how many of the celebs and media pundits who slandered the Covington Catholic students will settle quietly out of court. I hope those kids win enough money to pay for their college education. MAGA!