Read my chart

GeminiGrrl

Re: Soulmate or only boss?

I think that you and I discussed your relationship with this man once before -- and although I understand why you want to believe in this relationship (because there's no question that it does feature quite a lot of powerful positive aspects), you have to work with the charts you have rather than the charts you might want. Grasping at straws is not going to help you. What's important is not what signs the planets are in, but the aspects they form with each other in terms of degrees of orb. I don't think that the choices with regard to this man are as black-and-white as you're suggesting ("soulmate or only boss?") but there are a lot of challenges facing this relationship from a romantic perspective. It would be interesting to draw up a composite to see how the two of you relate to each other as a couple rather than as individuals but it's impossible to draw up a reliable composite unless time of birth is known and accurate for both people -- and even more so when the date and place of birth have not been disclosed for either one.

Your Suns trine each other, as do your Moons (at a wide orb)...but your Sun squares his Moon and his Sun squares your Moon, suggesting that the ego needs of each person are at odds with the emotional needs of the other person. The fact that his Saturn opposes your Ascendant -- which it does at a very tight orb -- is no small matter, and nor is the fact that your Sun squares his Saturn (at a somewhat loose orb of seven degrees, but it still counts). The two of you have a mutual Sun-Saturn aspect but it's favorable one way and adversarial the other way -- and the direction in which it's adversarial is the one which involves his Saturn, suggesting that he most likely he's driving with one foot on the brake. The two of you also have a square between his Moon and your Pluto, which is not an easy aspect to manage because challenging aspects bring out a planet's dark side -- and the dark side of Pluto is power (who has it and who doesn't), control, and the potential misuse of power in the form of manipulation. Since the Moon represents our deep emotional needs, Moon square Pluto tends to facilitate attraction but not necessarily in a positive way -- it often leaves the Moon person very vulnerable and feeling as if his or her buttons are being pushed.

I can understand why you might be tempted to look at the asteroids for reassurance -- but in my opinion and experience, asteroids should be treated in the same way that you treat the whipped cream and sprinkles on a sundae. They're nice to have and they can definitely add something special to a sundae, but they're not much good if you don't have any ice cream. Asteroids are also not planets -- so if you're looking at aspects between two asteroids, they should probably only be considered valid if they're within two or at most three degrees of orb. To quote from the list you gave, there's no aspect between your Vesta and his Moon -- an orb of twelve degrees is too wide to count as an aspect even between the Sun and the Moon, never mind between an asteroid and the Moon. Most astrologers agree that any seeming aspect between two inner planets at ten or more degrees of orb is too weak to be worth consideration -- and if you're talking about an aspect between two outer planets, then it's even less.

All this aside, I think there are two very plausible reasons why this relationship is not going forward -- neither of which have much to do with astrology. The most obvious one is the fact that this man is your boss. Relationships which are strictly professional at first and then become personal over time can be very tricky and difficult to manage -- and that goes double when one person is the other person's immediate superior, because of concerns that this could undermine or jeopardize the nature of the working relationship. There's also the small matter of the fact that both of you are separated from your respective spouses yet technically still married. The possibility should not be ruled out that your boss (especially since he is quite a bit older than you, judging by your Pluto signs) thinks there is too much at stake to risk pursuing a romantic relationship, especially if he is in a very prominent position and/or your profession or region is a very conservative one -- and as someone with his Moon in Cancer and his Saturn in Capricorn (which oppose each other suggesting that he tends to be very cautious and pessimistic and doesn't trust his feelings), he's already somewhat conservative to begin with even though his Sun is in Gemini and his Mars and Venus in Leo. (His Saturn also forms a close square with his Venus/Mars conjunction, suggesting that he has trouble allowing himself to express both his affectionate/romantic and sexual desires as well -- he's very hard on himself and prone to self-denial.) My guess is that he's not just concerned for himself but possibly for you as well since people often tend to come down more harshly on a woman who has an affair with her boss and/or cheats on her husband than they do on a man who has an affair with a subordinate and/or cheats on his wife -- it shouldn't be that way, but it frequently is. There's also the fact that since there is a significant age difference between you, he may be of the opinion that the two of you are at different stages in life (which is not at all unusual for relationships in which there is an age difference) and that your goals are therefore not compatible.

Last edited: