What symbolises Gas?

piercethevale

!

Then, Aquarius, being the 'fixed' sign could possibly mean that 'expansive gas' is the 'fixed [or natural] state' of gases ...and Aquarius symbolizing Air Above the Earth [the upper atmosphere...the 'Water Bearer' ...though it be an Air Sign...as it is the necessary vehicle to carry the Rains, r.e. Pisces, i.e. Water Above the Earth [and both Cancer, Water on the Earth and Pisces, Water Above the Earth, on the same half division of the zodiac under the dominance or the Moon... thus demonstrating that the Moon, known to control the waters on the Earth by its gravitational pull, then must also be the controlling influence of the atmospheric oceans, the rain cells,,, and then obviously it concedes Water Below the Earth, Scorpio, to the influence of the Sun. ...suggesting that it is the amount of heat striking the face of the earth that controls the activites of subterranean water.

piercethevale

...Gemini then would symbolize that state of a gas between an expansive atmospheric and a liquid. Liquid gas would then surely be under the influence, or dominance, of Libra.

piercethevale

I apologize, Greybeard, as I now understand that you were referring, of course, to Robert Boyle. [I was prejudiced {a bit} thinking it to be yet another semi obscure medieval astrologer and you were going to wax 'sanguine', or something similar, on us all.]

fifteen

Gas belongs to the Air element. And covers the Eastern hemisphere and the 1st,2nd,3rd,10th,11th and 12th house. I'll go with Uranus for ruling Gas. (coincidentally it's also a gas giant) :joyful:

Jupiter sounds tempting, but I rather think that Jupiter is the pressure valve of Neptune, a liquid gas, which may explode when heated. :lol:

Last edited:

greybeard

Let's see. Jupiter is the biggest of the FOUR gas giants...
That does not specify Uranus as the lord of gases.

Second, gases existed for at least several weeks before Uranus was discovered. Surely they had an astrological ruler before Herschel.

Third, It may be that gases belong to the Air Element...but Saturn is triplicity ruler of Air, and iis hardly an "airy" planet. Neptune rules things that are ethereal, tenuous, rarefied, nebulous, shapeless, invisible....all qualities of the gaseous state.

Boyle told us that a gas will "expand" to fill all available space without regard to the number of molecules per volume. Expansiveness, buoyancy, "filling"....all qualities of Jupiter.

One of the principal criteria for assigning rulership over things is the qualities inherent in that thing....color, taste, shape, size and other physical characteristics being among these. Rulerships may also be assigned according to a principal function or action of a thing. Habitat, origin and associations may also enter the picture.

Let's take a Rose....who rules the rose?

Things that are red in color, that have spines or thorns (or stingers...piercing parts), that are vigorous in habit...these belong to Mars. Al-Biruni gives the rose to Mars.

But he also gives the rose to Jupiter (I'm not quite sure of the basis of this assignment, perhaps certain healing qualities.)

But Ramesey gives the rose to Venus. It is a flower of great beauty, much esteemed, of sweet fragrance and used in perfumery, decorative, cultivated, .....

So assignment of rulerships also involves the perspective from which we consider something. Rulerships are not graven in stone, inherent in the thing only, but also include the "angle" from which they are viewed.

Al-Biruni, with Mars, seems to be looking at the qualities of the plant. Ramesey probably saw a beautiful vase full of rose flowers. Both are proper rulerships, dependent on what it is we are looking at, or considering, and from what point of view.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Let's see. Jupiter is the biggest of the FOUR gas giants...
That does not specify Uranus as the lord of gases.

Second, gases existed for at least several weeks before Uranus was discovered. Surely they had an astrological ruler before Herschel.

Third, It may be that gases belong to the Air Element...but Saturn is triplicity ruler of Air, and iis hardly an "airy" planet. Neptune rules things that are ethereal, tenuous, rarefied, nebulous, shapeless, invisible....all qualities of the gaseous state.

Boyle told us that a gas will "expand" to fill all available space without regard to the number of molecules per volume. Expansiveness, buoyancy, "filling"....all qualities of Jupiter.

One of the principal criteria for assigning rulership over things is the qualities inherent in that thing....color, taste, shape, size and other physical characteristics being among these. Rulerships may also be assigned according to a principal function or action of a thing. Habitat, origin and associations may also enter the picture.

Let's take a Rose....who rules the rose?

Things that are red in color, that have spines or thorns (or stingers...piercing parts), that are vigorous in habit...these belong to Mars. Al-Biruni gives the rose to Mars.

But he also gives the rose to Jupiter (I'm not quite sure of the basis of this assignment, perhaps certain healing qualities.)

But Ramesey gives the rose to Venus. It is a flower of great beauty, much esteemed, of sweet fragrance and used in perfumery, decorative, cultivated, .....

So assignment of rulerships also involves the perspective from which we consider something. Rulerships are not graven in stone, inherent in the thing only, but also include the "angle" from which they are viewed.

Al-Biruni, with Mars, seems to be looking at the qualities of the plant. Ramesey probably saw a beautiful vase full of rose flowers. Both are proper rulerships, dependent on what it is we are looking at, or considering, and from what point of view.

Quote: "Second, gases existed for at least several weeks before Uranus was discovered. Surely they had an astrological ruler before Herschel." Do you realize HOW ridiculous that sounds?

It's like saying that radiation wouldn't harm you before it was discovered.

That is so archaic, such a product of a mind in the age of Kali Yuga.
Each one of us has a specific Planet that is of prime influence over us.
There are some, very rarely, that are of primary influence by something other than in our Solar System.
Yet that has little to do with what appears in the physical body. Scorpios, look Scorpionic. I have a Scorpio Asc. I fit the profile like a glove.
Yet my primary influence is Uranus or Pluto, I haven't quite finished narrowing it down.
...and yes, We modernists will say that Scorpio is either ruled by Pluto or it is the Higher Octave ruler of, Scorpio, but the Lilyists will scream foul.

I recommend the book. "Kabbalistic Astrology" by Rabbi Dr.Joel Dobin ...that's the definitive.
The 'magic' of the Kabbalah is knowing how to read the consonantal Hebrew text. Different vowels, make different info.

Neptune is the Higher Octave of Venus. as such it is of influence over Taurus and Libra. Earth and Air. if you've read my thread titled "A Runic Explanation of the Zodiac", then I will specify that it is 'Earth on the Earth' [the plains, the pastures, the deserts...all that lies between the oceans and the mountains.] and Air Below the Earth, and that includes all natural gases that one finds below the surface of the Earth.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Gas belongs to the Air element. And covers the Eastern hemisphere and the 1st,2nd,3rd,10th,11th and 12th house. I'll go with Uranus for ruling Gas. (coincidentally it's also a gas giant) :joyful:

Jupiter sounds tempting, but I rather think that Jupiter is the pressure valve of Neptune, a liquid gas, which may explode when heated. :lol:

Curious.
Where did you get the ref. of the Eastern Hemisphere as to it's relationship with Gas? Or is it something you have deduced?
I was just, a few moments ago, thinking along certain lines that led me to a similar conclusion.

piercethevale

Further thought on the matter.
I've wrote this before.
Does anyone realize the odds of an astrologer having accurate birth data info. as to exact time and gps location as to construct a natal chart before modern times?

The Asc. is soooo dependent to this.

Thus any dissertations on Astrological Parts for the times of the Classical Greeks, the Arabs that came later et al etc. is very likely suspect.
Those house rulerships, ideas about astrology that are of a similar nature...from those times...ALL suspect.

It's no wonder that natal astrology wasn't much in vogue in the Dark and Medieval Ages.

As I am totally convinced of ancient civilizations on Earth even more advanced that we are presently, I know that Astrology was fully understood at one time. That knowledge was, for the most part, lost. What remains, that is correct, is what could be remembered of it by those that survived the inundations, that, or someone just got lucky with a guess, or was of a superior mind and deduced it.

Astrology will be fully understood again, someday.

Last edited:

BobZemco

What symbolises Gas?

I am curriooous

By gas, I mean gaseous substances generally.

Read the chart.

Since you're rather "tradly," it should be rather easy.

In the chart, you'd be looking for Mercury or Saturn; for mists or vapors, the Moon.

The Sign -- you know, those little decorative thingies around the outside of the wheel that make the chart look all pretty and stuff ---- that will tell you where, plus give you the [compass] direction as will the House.

Talking about gases dissolved in water? Like CO2, O2 et al in sea-water?
Look for Mercury in Water Sign. Methane, look for Saturn in a Water Sign.

Talking about underground, like the gases in a mine that would explode and kill or trap miners? Saturn in an Earth Sign.

Talking about Natural Gas that will blow up and kill your client and his family?

Again, look for Saturn in subterranean Sign, like Taurus.

Swamp gases, sewage/sewer gases -- like the sewer gases that blew up in New York City a few years ago --- that would also be Saturn in a subterranean Sign like Scorpio.

Simple gases, Saturn; man-made gases, as in chemicals used in Chemical Warfare would be Mercury.

Vx/Vg Nerve Agent would be Moon (because they are vapors or oils).

I mention that in passing....so you can see how badly the US Government lies in its attempt to conquer and pacify Syria, before moving onto Iran.

Gases have colors do they not? Well, some do.

Please do not be so daft as to go to one of the silly web-sites....get your-self a Color-Wheel from an art store, or find one on-line that you can use....

http://colorwheel-harmony.en.softonic.com/download

Blend the color of Moon, Mercury or Saturn with the color of the Sign it is in, and then also with the color of any Planet applying to Saturn (when he is the significator), or the Planets to which Moon or Mercury are applying.

Remember that Mercury is muddled, so he it will darken colors, while Moon will lighten colors -- making them pale, or like pastels or something.

Gases have odors....or not. Planets represent odors, so again look at the Planet applying to Saturn, or the Planets to whom Moon or Mercury are applying.

The application of Common Sense: since Moon is odorless, then there will be no odor, but if Moon is applying to Mars, then it will be an Acrid odor.

Continuing our exercise of plain ordinary Common Sense, since Mercury is muddled -- meaning there is an odor but it is completely indistinct -- so, then if Mercury is applying to Mars, that is an Acrid odor, but Mercury will reduce the intensity of the odor.

Jupiter is sweet like Venus. In my opinion, the differentiation here is Jupiter = Naturally Sweet; while Venus = Artificially Sweet...like perfumes and colognes. Again, Mercury applying will reduce the intensity of the odor.

Jupiter (Venus) applying to Saturn is like "sickly sweet." Ever smell O3 (Ozone)?

That might be a bad example.....can't really think of anything else right now.

Anyway, if you can delineate general appearance and body parts, wealth and such, then this will be a walk in the park.