Will my future wife die prematurely (if I marry)

Chaldean

yup, that's my question.

"Will my future wife die prematurely (if I marry)"

I know the word "premature" is going to enrage some people ("There's no such thing as premature! Everything is destined to happen when it does!!)

To clarify, by the world premature, I'm meaning "early", in the sense that she dies before I do, and that I'm not an old man when she does die.

Backgound info...hmmmm..let's see. I'm not currently married, in fact, I can't marry at my age. I do not have a pre-set marriage (can't spell "arranged" <-- if that's spelled right), and I don't even know if I will marry. This question, of course, is assuming that I do marry.

time, date, ext. ext. NO need! I've posted the chart! Though I did think of this one a while ago, never had the time to post it.

Hmmm, again, no need to post ascendant and moon degree, it's in the chart!

Chart ----> http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=willmyfuturewifedieprembx4.gif

Ok, "my approach"...

First- moon is NOT void of course! All right!
Second, the asc is NOT past the 27 degree mark!(Yes!) Now the asc is in Taurus, and from what I've learned from the horary section, this means that I'm asking my question "prematurely" which is true, I am. Also, my significator, venus, is trine my asc, in an applying aspect. So the planet that represents me is approaching a trine with the cusp that represents me...Sound Great!!

But let's take a look at the 7th house (my supposed wife).....hmmm, ruler is scorpio, and pluto (using modern day astrology) is in the 8th house, of death. Mars, traditionally, is ALSO in the 8th house (not really, but it's 1 degree off, conjunct the cusp, so it's influence is there) , of death. As a matter of fact, mars and pluto are conjunct. So I'm going to guess that she's as good as gone.

Of course mars also makes a trine to pluto and mars, and those two also square the North Node. The trines to Saturn I'm guessing means that she will live a long life? (saturn = longevity) yet square to north node indicates that she is "meant" to die early?

But interestingly, ruler of the 12th house, mars, is also conjunct the ruler of the 7th house. Hmmm. So somehow, trouble (12) and my wife (7) are very close. And, the sun and mercury are conjunct. Sun in this chart rules the 4rth house, and mercury rules the 5th and 2nd houses. So my domestic life, children, and finances are going to be "together" during this time.

The strongest aspect is jupiter square Uranus, and it's applying. This one is going to be difficult, because jupiter rules both sagitarius and pisces (tradtionally) and uranus is not used in traditional astrology, but rules aquarius in modern astrology. So jupiter rules my 8th house, and 11th house, and uranus rules my 10th house. Either death and my work are going to be in conflict during this time, or friends and my work are going to be in conflict.

That's the most I could suck out with my knowledge (and a streach of guessing)

My final conclusion: If I marry, my wife will die prematuraly.

NOTE: I understand almost everyone does not like predicting if death occures or not. That ok :), but I would like some feedback on my meathod of horary (which is probably terrible ;))

Jupiter Rocks

Hi

As you are enquiring about the death of the 7th house person - shouldn't you be looking at the turned 8th (2nd) house? The 8th house is your house of 'death'.

I'm not sure how valid your question is really. How can you ask if your future wife will die prematurely, when you don't even know if you are going to get married?!! This is the same as asking when you will meet someone for a relationship when you never leave the house!

Horary can answer a wide range of questions but you do have to be sensible about it.:)

archergirl

Hi Chaldean,

"Will my future wife die prematurely (if I marry)"

I know the word "premature" is going to enrage some people

I have to say, while the word 'premature' isn't enraging, the whole question is badly flawed. You are of course well within your right to interpret as you please! :p but there are several problems with horary questions like this:

It is completely pointless asking horary to answer hypothetical questions, especially as there is nothing 'in the pipeline' that would suggest the thing will happen. You say 'future wife', but you have no-one in mind and no plans to marry at this time; how do you know you will even marry? And being that you have no-one in mind, why are you asking whether that person will die 'prematurely', when there is no reason for you to concern yourself with this at this time? And this being the case, do you have any reason to expect that you will get an accurate answer, since you have drawn the question from a situation where nothing actually exists?

It is just very strange. Although it seldom happens in real life, horary ideally should be saved for questions where the querent *needs to know* the answer, to help them make a choice, or to know an outcome to a pressing situation where they have some vested interest in the outcome. The ability to discern what is and what isn't a good question, is one of the fundamentals to horary astrology.

I'm just a little stunned, is all. :confused:

Cheers,
AG:eek:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I don't the hypothetical question is so strange a thing. There are several horary "safe-guards" that show us we need to stop and go back. We have the Early Ascendant rule, showing us that the question is being posed to early and we have the VOC Moon showing us nothing will come of the question. Basically, the argument can be made that if astrology is as useful as we astrologers say it is, then the non-existence of the supposed event should also be reflected.

I don't enjoy questioning other's intentions with postings and questions, there is an ignition for every thought, and I know Chaldean believes he has reason to worry of such a horrible thing due to circumstances within his natal chart.

Chaldean

Ha! Kaio is correct!

Nataly, I have the ruler of my 7th house positioned in my 8th, and accourding to my good friend Llewellyn George, in his book A to Z horoscope maker and interpreter (14th edition). He states the ruler of the 7th house positioned in the 8th inclines to:

"Money or property by marriage; death of partner; some inheritance but difficulty over it" (George 220).

Hmmmm. Sounds like a certain future wife of mine may die. I don't take this seriously, but I am curious if it's true.

And, I'm also offended that some people view my quesiton as "pointless". Why would this quesiton be pointless? Because it doesn't involve you? Or because the answer is important to me??

archergirl

Hi there,

You know, I once read an astrology book that told me my spouse would be in broadcasting, and that I would have twins, the youngest of whom would die from drowning. My husband is actually into wildlife conservation and I didn't have twins. You can't base your whole life story on what an astrologer tells you about your aspects.

You and Kaiousei are both missing the point a little here. I'm saying there is no point to the question because you are not in a situation where it is necessary to raise such a question. If you were married and your wife was sick, then absolutely you would be very sensible to ask such a thing. But you're not married and have no idea whether you will marry or not. Horary is not just about whether the chart has an okay ascendant and the moon isn't VOC. Lilly also says:
Judge not upon every slight motion, or without premeditation of the Querent, nor upon slight and triviall Questions, or when the Querent hath not with to know what he would demand.
Since your potential future hypothetical wife is not with you at this time, there is not a need to ask about it. That doesn't mean that you cannot go ahead and ask, or that other astrologers on this site cannot try to help you with your question; but if you took this question to a very experienced astrologer and paid him/her to read it, a good one would hand your money back to you and tell you to find a wife, get married, and be happy first.

Think about it this way; if you aren't married now, and you get an answer that you believe to be real, like 'yes she will die before you', how is that going to influence you in your marriage, always expecting your wife to die before you. What about if she doesn't; what will you do then?

I am not telling you this lightly, or to anger you. I am simply saying that it is not an appropriate question to ask; any astrologer worth his/her salt will tell you the same thing. It has nothing to do with my valuation of the question; just the philosophy of horary. But go ahead and read it if you really need to push the boat and find the answer.

Cheers,
AG:)

jenluvsblackcat

Usually I don't get involved with forum discussions like this, however I feel that Chaldean has a right to ask his question. Personally though, I think the answer isn't as important as the means we are taking to find it. In other words, the practice is still essential to the rest of us who are trying to hone our astrological craft. What one must remember is that astrology is still a speculative enterprise that is reflective of the interpreter. Of course Chadean feels that his future, currently non-existent wife will die before him...simply because he read what ANOTHER astrologer has said about certain aspects in his natal chart. He shouldn't be blamed for keeping this idea because he is still learning, as are all of us. This forum is for education; and I've never been fond of others passing negative judgement in a learning environment. I understand that in most cases, a proper horarist would not touch this question with a ten foot pole, but for those of us in the community that need the practice....this question is acceptable. Otherwise, those who believe this question is 'below' their astrological prowess should just pass it by and move along to another worthwhile endeavor, without passing judgement.

We might not all agree with Chaldean's idea, but we can all agree that we are here to grow our astrological knowledge.

archergirl

Well, yeah, JLBC, that's what I'm saying. It's perfectly fine to try to read charts like this if learning how to read them is the intention; we all start somewhere. But I think (and this is just my personal philosophy) that, for example, if I am going to learn how change an engine on a car, I would prefer to practice on the car sitting in my driveway, rather than practice on a plastic model of a Ferrari, the real one of which I may or may not ever own, depending on my savings plan. That doesn't mean you can't learn how to do it that way; only that people tend to go on the way they start, and if one starts with the basics not well-understood, then the more advanced aspects will also suffer.

We are all here to learn, as you say; and those with fewer skills under their belts shouldn't feel offended by suggestions from those with more. I ask questions (sometimes I feel they are really stupid ones, as well) of astrologers far, far more skilled than I, and if they suggest that I should do something a different way, or that the way I'm doing it is not appropriate, I am not offended. That is how knowledge is gathered.

Best,

Carole

Hi...

I believe you have all the right to ask whatever comes to your mind, but it seems to me that archergirl is correct in her appreciations. The important thing here is: Will you get a reliable answer if your question is not a valid one according to the traditional principles of Horary Astrology?

I have the right to ask anything I want and so I may ask: Will my first child die prematurely? Now let's take a look to my actual situation and circumstances. Let's suppose I am 17 years old, single and I haven't ever thought about having children and I am only asking because I am curious or testing if Astrology works...or just trying to have some guarantee that my child won't die prematurely before I decide to get pregnant. The answer may be "yes, your child will die prematurely" but, will I have reasons to trust the answer? No. Why? Simply because the question was not backed up by a compelling situation which created a real need to know.

It's all about following Horary Astrology rules, I think.:)

Carole

jenluvsblackcat

Very cool Archergirl, although at the moment, all I can afford is the little plastic Ferrari car on the shelf to take apart and put back together again! But one day when I'm able, I'll be ready to take charge over the real deal. Questions like these remind me of the math dittos we had to do as children in grammar school. Practice, practice, practice. It's just a question of how well those dittos were written in the first place!

Peace!
JLBC

archergirl

the question was not backed up by a compelling situation which created a real need to know. It's all about following Horary Astrology rules, I think.
Yes, thank you Carole, you hit the nail on the head; that is exactly what I meant! :p I was saying it, very badly! There are reasons and more reasons why horary is considered to be one of the most complex and difficult branches of astrology; but the fundamentals are actually very simple. To get a good and accurate answer, there has to be a compelling need to know. Being 'curious' is not sufficient to get an accurate answer, and Lilly is at pains to point this out. Horary seems to have more rules than many people are comfortable with (or it makes them feel rebellious, sometimes;) ); but they are there for a reason, IMHO.

Doesn't mean you can't take that plastic Ferrari out for a test pedal, however.:D

Best wishes,

Last edited:

starlink

I totally support Archergirl and Carole! I take Astrology and horary Astrology very seriously and asking a pointless question (in this case) is totally NOT serious. Chaldean could have started by going to the general astrology department in this Forum and ask what the ruler of his 7th in the 8th means. (if he really wants to learn something). There are numerous interpretations to be found. Why was he not asking: Is it possible that I will marry a rich woman? Then Jupiter Rocks also pointed out something valid here. The 8th house is HIS house, not the 8th of his fanthom wife to be.
I do support all those that want to learn something here, but please ask a sensible question that is really on top of your mind at the moment. Be serious about it. Otherwise you get the wrong answer or in this case the right answer: Question is prematurely and nothing will come of it.

Carole

Well, archergirl and starlink, it's soooooo good to agree with how important good learning of basics in Astrology is. Yes, rules are there for some reason. Yes, Astrology is a serious thing and should be studied seriously. And of course, we cannot learn Algebra without having learned basic Arithmetic before.
My respects to those young people who have an authentic interest in Astrology. Don't dismiss a good advice given by a more experienced student....because we all are students. Only at different levels.:)

Be happy,

Carole.

Last edited: