Individual Degrees

Arian Maverick

While looking through the main site's Astrological dictionary for the thread Astrological Dictionary of Horary Terms, I found the following articles which may be of interest.

Oddly enough, my Aries stellium is found on the degree of children :)

Aries Individual Degrees

Taurus Individual Degrees

Gemini Individual Degrees

Cancer Individual Degrees

Leo Individual Degrees

Virgo Individual Degrees

Libra Individual Degrees

Scorpio Individual Degrees

Sagittarius Individual Degrees

Capricorn Individual Degrees

NOTE: From some reason, the page for Aquarius does not follow the pattern of the other URL links; there is no dash between aquarius and individual.

Aquarius Individual Degrees

Pisces Individual Degrees

Arian Maverick

Howl

My Sun and Mercury are on the degree of royalty, and my moon on the degree of brilliant intellectuality whooh! :banana: :banana: Unfortunately, my ascendant is on the degree of alcaholism :cheers: . Given that it's 6am and I just rode home after a good few cocktails, I guess there could be something to it ;)

Catatonia

Shining Ray said:
I have a planet on the degree of homcide I can't think of who in the world would want to kill me.:0: A lovely little Pisces lady like me.

The question is - who would YOU want to kill? :p

Arian Maverick

I'm still trying to determine whether the description of the degree preceding or following that of a natal planet is more accurate...

What has been the community's experience? ;)

EDIT: I've just decided that I no longer wish to have a late Pisces Ascendant, although I cannot deny that these degrees reflect my somewhat fatalistic outlook on life:

28°15' 31°8'N (2) Scheat, Beta Pegasi. (Mars Mercury) Extreme misfortune; suicide, drowning, perhaps murder.

29°9' 6°32'N (2) Theta Piscium; tail of western fish. (Saturn Mercury) A fatalistic influence.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Draco

I do wonder, Virgo that I am, why it is that these degrees should be associated with these particular qualities.

Why is it, that 9 degrees of Virgo should be associated with homicide? This is incidentally the degree upon which is my natal Venus.:confused:

theV

I wasn't really shocked when I knew I had some of my important planet on fatal degree, I kind used to hear such bad news, I have sun conjunct alioth and thuban and zosma (if you want to extend the orb to 2 degree)

Alioth has a very destructive potential and a very physical energy. At its best, however, it gives tremendous strength and certainty, and can help in making good choices.

waybread

Thanks for posting this!

It looks like a lot of the degree interpretations are based on fixed star conjunctions; probably with critical degrees, some medical astrology, and miscellaneous interpretations added. Aviation looks like a new addition!

This may account for some placements being extra-good and some being horrific. We don't find too many descriptions of fixed stars suggesting you'll be Joe or Jane Average.

dr. farr

Remember that death/fatal type degrees do NOT NECESSARILY mean death and destruction! They can mean, strong difficulties, challeneges, problems-they do not HAVE to mean death! In Vedic astrology, various authors have elaborated that maraka or death-inflicting planets/conditions of planets do NOT necessarily mean death, but much more often refer to very difficult or serious problems or challeneges.
Well, this also applies to the oldtime designations for degrees, etc, in Western astrology: do not take the meanings in a grossly literal sense!! Its the quality or principle indicated, NOT the literal meaning of the wording!

piercethevale

Interesting.
The foreword says that these degree are accurate to 1925 and that to add 1* 05' for 2002.
So, that means that presently [if we figure Jan 1st for 1925] we should add another 07'+. ...altogether, then, a 1* 12'+ difference, presently.

My Ascendant is 17* :scorpio: 10' 22" ...thus I'm looking at 16* Scorpio.
...and I find...
"16°....Growth; painting."

... Dang!
I was an Art major with an emphasis in painting...I became a Tradesman in Painting, as was my father... did a Union apprenticeship and other than 4 to 5 years as a rough carpenter, framing houses, building decks, shaking roofs...and a year as a municipal parks employee in general maintenance, I worked about 25 years as a painter before retiring [due to injuries] in May 2000.

But...going by birth. As I was born in May of 1953, that's a difference that has to be added of only apprx 23' 20" ...so, then should I be looking at the 17*th anyways?

...so, I find...

"17°....Music.

17°41'.Mercury South Node."

Well, I gotta have music in my life constantly...can't seem to get by without it.
But what is this indicating by the mention of Mercury and the South Node?
Does that indicate that I should look to the degree that my natal South Node was in at birth [which just so happens to be the North Node of the USA going by July 4th, 1776...and for weeks prior to and after that date.] and my natal Mercury or is this a consideration as to where the South Node and Mercury are daily throughout my entire life?
Or does it indicate a personality type oriented to mental pursuits and communication, in turn, oriented towards South Node area of domain?

Last edited:

Venus1111

Thank you for this! I had been using CafeAstrology.com's individual degree interpretations, and I couldn't help but think that some of them could be inaccurate or biased- like interpretations of Tarot cards. Different sites and different books all have different things to say, even if the card often retains the same meaning. I would be interested in hearing several points of view on each degree.

My mean and true degrees for both my North/South Nodes and Lilith are both on either side of the cusp, and boy, do these degrees have entirely different things to say! My mean interpretation is positive, and my true description is "you are SOL".

piercethevale

Thank you for this! I had been using CafeAstrology.com's individual degree interpretations, and I couldn't help but think that some of them could be inaccurate or biased- like interpretations of Tarot cards. Different sites and different books all have different things to say, even if the card often retains the same meaning. I would be interested in hearing several points of view on each degree.

My mean and true degrees for both my North/South Nodes and Lilith are both on either side of the cusp, and boy, do these degrees have entirely different things to say! My mean interpretation is positive, and my true description is "you are SOL".

Personally, I've yet to find the Mean Nodes to be of any influence to a natal chart.
I keep checking though, maybe I haven't run across the right chart just yet, but I am totally convinced of the affect of the True Nodes.

Venus1111

Personally, I've yet to find the Mean Nodes to be of any influence to a natal chart.
I keep checking though, maybe I haven't run across the right chart just yet, but I am totally convinced of the affect of the True Nodes.

My mean North Node is 0 degrees Taurus. True is 29 Aries. Both the advantages and disadvantages for Taurus and Aries seem right for me- With Aries, I seek my own independence in life, and courage as a spiritual warrior. With Taurus, one of my prime goals in life is art and comfort, to avoid the shadow of past pain, and indeed, avoiding the dark places Bacchus likes to lead me. My North Node is conjoined with Venus in my 6th house, so it also has to do with daily work and health.

Cafe Astrology says for mean (Taurus): “Opponents are numerous and, although reluctant to wage war, they don't hesitate to fight back in case of aggression. It is through mental strength, philosophy, and diplomacy that the fiercest conflicts can be solved.”

vs.

True node interpretation: “Self-centredness finally puts off family members, friends, and colleagues. Therefore, no external help is to be expected in days of misfortune and sorrow.” Nooooes! ;_;

As for Lilith in my 7th house- Mean node 4 degrees Gemini: “One readily forgives one's enemies and strives to alleviate deprived people's sufferings. Although one is not particularly interested in worldly gains, one easily attracts success, wealth, and honours owing to a vivid imagination and artistic gifts.”

vs.

True Lilith at 27 Taurus: “Owing to limited intellectual abilities and to lack of competence, projects are doomed to fail. Furthermore, instead of acknowledging the kindness of protectors, one takes it for granted and believes that it is the just reward for one's worth. One must face the sad reality, understand that one lacks qualifications, and start to learn a job. Otherwise, one will remain a total laughing stock.” Again, NOOOES ;_;

My chart is on my introduction page if you want to take a look: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67757

But I don't want to derail the thread into making this about me or mean vs. true more than just discussing how different degrees are... feel free to PM me if that would happen; either way I appreciate your point of view.

piercethevale

For example.
What I wrote above as to Mercury and the South Node and being of a personality type dedicated to mental pursuits and South Node are of domain subjectivity.
My True South Node is @ 06* :aquarius: 54' 10" and my Mean is @ 07* :aquarius: 24' 04"
The Sabian Symbol for my True Node is [from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala"]

"A CHILD IS SEEN BEING BORN OUT OF AN EGG.

KEYNOTE: The emergence of new mutations according to the great rhythms of the cosmos.

The ancient symbolism of the Cosmic Egg (Hiranyagharba in Sanskrit) out of which a new universe is born can be interpreted at several levels. Here we see the appearance of a new type of human being who is not born from 'Ancestors' and who therefore is free from the inertia of mankind's past. He is a new product of evolution, a mutant. He constitutes a fresh projection of the creative Spirit that emanates from the cosmic or planetary Whole, and not from any local culture and racial tradition.

This second stage symbol is in contrast with the preceding one. It can be said to announce the EMERGENCE OF GLOBAL MAN for the New Age. The power of the whole is focused within him in perfect freedom from ancient standards of value based on local conditions." {underlined in Italics for emphasis by my hand. ptv}

I just love that Sanskrit word, Hiranyagharba. It is one of the twelve names of the Sun, btw...it means "That which contains everything"

A number of the members know that my M.C. and Part of Fortune are both in the 25th of Leo and that is symbolized by[ibid.] "A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

KEYNOTE: Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.
" and was summarized by Rudhyar as: "...completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face 'the desert,' nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the 'new world.' We need TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE."

They certainly seem like they go hand in hand , don't they. And the same sign and degree is that of the South Node of the USA's natal chart. That is what the first settlers of this land I dwell in presently that wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were...that was/is the United States karmic "past" [with acknowledgement and respect to the Native American peoples ...of whom my 7xs great grandmother was one, a full blooded native, of the Virginia region.]

...and that bit about the "Emergence of Global Man" ...sounds like the spiritual version of the N.W.O., doesn't it?
With such a makeup, it seems that i may have been born at the right time, huh? ...and I always thought that I had been born about 200 years too late. {although my clairvoyant friend, Clarisse, said I was my own great uncle in 19th century Pennsylvania, a Quaker...so maybe I just am that in my Soul?}

...as to my Mean Node in the 8th degree of Aquarius:[ibid.]

"BEAUTIFULLY GOWNED WAX FIGURES ON DISPLAY.

KEYNOTE: The inspiration one may derive from the appearance of Exemplars who present to us the archetypes of a new culture.

We are dealing here with the fixed symbols upon which a culture is based, with mental archetypes. They are kept and made available as patterns to imitate, or at least from which to draw new motives for inspiration. We are at the stage of vision: new forms are revealed to the consciousness, as well as new ways of meeting other people in social relationships.
This is the third stage in the sixty-second sequence of five symbols. In a sense the generic human past and the future are implied here. The wax figures are impersonal forms. The gowns constitute a static presentation of ideal patterns; yet they are the PREFORMATION of what will be experienced in the culture being born. They herald new collective developments."

Well, my Hermetic Lot of Courage is @ 08* :aquarius: 04' 34" , and I am fairly convinced that my recorded birth time is a bit fast...and if I shave enough off it would be in the same degree as the Mean Node.

But as my Part of Positive & Helpful Change {Asc. + :pluto: - :jupiter: } is @ 08* :aquarius: 21' and my Part of Higher Education {Asc. + Cusp 9th - :mercury: } is @ 08* :aquarius: 57" I know that it is only fitting that the Lot of Courage would be that which can be obtained through endeavoring to making a positive and beneficial change within my self and applying my self towards a "Higher Spiritual Education" {as all matters of Astro-Symbology are oriented toward the Spiritual and not the mundane...although they do provide understanding to mundane matters as well}

It would really take courage to act out the vision rather than to just draw inspiration from the same, don't you think?
I do.

...as the Sabian Symbol for the 9th degree of Aquarius shows, that's what it is all about:[ibid.]

"A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE.

KEYNOTE: The dynamic incorporation of new social values in individuals who exemplify the spiritual potential and greatest significance of these values.

This symbol nearly duplicates the one for Sagittarius 12°, but in this five-fold sequence it has a somewhat different meaning — especially since the last term of the mysterious transformation (i.e. the crowing of the eagle in chanticleer's fashion) is omitted. All that is implied here is the vitalization of a powerful symbol, its embodiment in a living reality, i.e. in a person able to fly in consciousness to the highest spiritual realm. The archetype is given living substance and wings. The Image has become a Power.

This fourth stage symbol, as usual, gives us a technical suggestion. To 'see' the new archetype, to perceive the new standard of value with one's mind is not enough. The seer must become the doer. The impersonal is dynamized and brought into focus. We have here the ACTING OUT of the vision."

As my True Node is rather close to the cusp of the following degree, I'd say there is a little bit of the 8th deg. of Aquarius in my karmic direction ...but as my true Spiritual work is Astrology and it has only come to be so known to myself and other since the turn of the century ...just as the N.W.O. makes it's "power play" ... I'm pretty sure I can say with confidence it's the True Node of mine in the 7th deg. of Aquarius as to what I'm all about.

True Global Humankind will come about because of a better understanding of true Astrology... not only because of it...but it won't happen without it.

piercethevale

My mean North Node is 0 degrees Taurus. True is 29 Aries. Both the advantages and disadvantages for Taurus and Aries seem right for me- With Aries, I seek my own independence in life, and courage as a spiritual warrior. With Taurus, one of my prime goals in life is art and comfort, to avoid the shadow of past pain, and indeed, avoiding the dark places Bacchus likes to lead me. My North Node is conjoined with Venus in my 6th house, so it also has to do with daily work and health.

Cafe Astrology says for mean (Taurus): “Opponents are numerous and, although reluctant to wage war, they don't hesitate to fight back in case of aggression. It is through mental strength, philosophy, and diplomacy that the fiercest conflicts can be solved.”

vs.

True node interpretation: “Self-centredness finally puts off family members, friends, and colleagues. Therefore, no external help is to be expected in days of misfortune and sorrow.” Nooooes! ;_;

As for Lilith in my 7th house- Mean node 4 degrees Gemini: “One readily forgives one's enemies and strives to alleviate deprived people's sufferings. Although one is not particularly interested in worldly gains, one easily attracts success, wealth, and honours owing to a vivid imagination and artistic gifts.”

vs.

True Lilith at 27 Taurus: “Owing to limited intellectual abilities and to lack of competence, projects are doomed to fail. Furthermore, instead of acknowledging the kindness of protectors, one takes it for granted and believes that it is the just reward for one's worth. One must face the sad reality, understand that one lacks qualifications, and start to learn a job. Otherwise, one will remain a total laughing stock.” Again, NOOOES ;_;

My chart is on my introduction page if you want to take a look: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67757

But I don't want to derail the thread into making this about me or mean vs. true more than just discussing how different degrees are... feel free to PM me if that would happen; either way I appreciate your point of view.

Well, as I just gave a demonstration through my own natal chart, why don't you try using the Sabian Symbols and see what they tell you.
Which of the two symbolizes what you believe your karmic destiny is all about?
Unless you believe the Nodes to be an indication of something else or have some aversion to using Sabian Symbols, that is.
I find them to be the ultimate tool of rectification, myself.:smile:

Venus1111

Well, as I just gave a demonstration through my own natal chart, why don't you try using the Sabian Symbols and see what they tell you.
Which of the two symbolizes what you believe your karmic destiny is all about?
Unless you believe the Nodes to be an indication of something else or have some aversion to using Sabian Symbols, that is.
I find them to be the ultimate tool of rectification, myself.:smile:

Actually, I have never used them nor heard of them. But now I am looking into it; thank you!

CafeAstrology did use symbols in their description of the degrees that I gave, I only copy-pasted their interpretation. However they also have a list of the Sabian symbols and those are different than the ones they used in the natal chart interpretations. I checked it against other websites too, which made me more confused, as CafeAstrology says 28-29 deg Aries: The Music Of The Spheres; 29-30 deg Aries:A Duck Pond And Its Brood; 0-1 deg Taurus: A Clear Mountain Stream. Whereas other sites list the degree as, for instance, 1 deg Taurus: A Clear Mountain Stream. Which is it, the space up to or after the exact degree?

(Also, I love bears, they are my animal <3. I would have formed a connection with the bear no matter what. Maybe being American helps- maybe having Ojibwe and Pottawatomie ancestors helps- but we're all human. Also I love California!)