Progressions in synastry...?

GeminiGrrl

I think I understand most of the basics when it comes to progressions and the impact that these can have on a relationship. However, I'm still not quite clear on how much power and significance should be attributed to the progressed charts (individual, overlay, composite, and individual against composite) in comparison with the natal charts.

As I understand it, the progressed charts are supposed to represent where each person is here and now as a result of the interaction between the natal chart and his or her life experiences. Wouldn't that suggest that synastry calculations based on the progressed charts should actually have at least as much or perhaps even more significance than those based on natal charts...? I recognize that just like the person, the progressed chart changes over time whereas the natal chart doesn't -- but I've also heard it said that timing is everything when it comes to relationships and the right person at the wrong time might as well be the wrong person. I'm inclined to suspect that no matter how good the synastry might be between two people's natal charts, there's a good chance that the relationship still won't get off the ground if the progressed chart -- especially the progressed composite -- doesn't favor or facilitate it (although it potentially might do so at a later date as the progressed chart changes).