asking about another relationship in your own horary

katydid

I am not sure that you can ask about how other peoples relationships are going to go---I have heard it said here that it does not work to ask about that---If I got it correctly...

Oddity

If your vested interest in the matter is: will we be together?, then that's what you should ask. If he's married or involved with someone else and that's germane to your question, the other person will turn up somewhere in the chart.

Iced8Ace

Personally I'm not interested in what you have to say about ethics. That isn't what what I created this thread to discuss. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not arguing with you but you did not do a **** thing to address the question.

You want to know if "they" will do something. OK. They did not come to you, the astrologer, and ask you a question. Therefore, you have no right to know what "they" are up to. What does it mean when people go to an astrologer and ask a question? That they are giving the astrologer permission to interpret their question. Think for a moment, about why we all come to this forum to read charts. Why did astrologers in the past, (such as Bonatti & Lilly,) ask their clients questions before agreeing to accept their question? To know what the querent was truly asking and if they had any business to know, because if not, they cannot know.

"
.. beware of those cases wherein the astrologer is subject to err and mistake …. when the querent is so silly he knows not how to ask or what he would have."
Bonatus, consideration 7.

What you truly want to know given your examples is, "Will he and I date?" If not, whatever "they" do is none of your concern.

tikana

You are such a good horary astrologer a lot of the time, and you can be so rude and argumentative at times, while either thinking you are not or not knowing that you are. Just something to consider... that's all.

Oddity is right
Get to the bottom what do u want lol
Eclipse must b kicking

tsmall

Premium Member
All, I have deleted the attacking post and replies to same. As a huge reminder, the horary boards above all are NOT for personal disputes. If you don't agree with a reading, move on, or discuss the astrology behind the disagreement, but attacking other memebers here WILL not be tolerated.

About the Horary boards,
Tamara

Iced8Ace

....automatically assuming that any time someone might want to know about someone else's relationship, they are being unethical/dirty, and of course the poster is better than that and knows better so they have to come and say so.

Since I did not quote you in my first post, I was not assuming that you were being unethical. Provide an example where it would not be considered intrusive and none of the person's business to ask a "they" question, and prove me wrong.

A lot of this quote is victim playing, (a form of red herring) so I'll cut to the chase.

If horary astrologers could ask their own questions about celebrity couples for example, and get answers, do you think they would be reading charts online? No, they would be selling info to cheap tabloids, and those tabloids would be accurate, and people would drop their cameras and stop posting their nose's against stranger's windows, and just hire astrologers. Have you ever heard of this happening? No, because it can't happen.

I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't looking to discuss ethics and ****

Yet the topic of ethics falls under the umbrella of 3rd party charts--

Plus, when someone comes in right away saying **** like this, it can cause others who may have some real info on technique to not speak up in fear of being judged!

Nonsense. Disagreements do not stop people from having an opinion and relaying their source(s). Guido Bonatti spoke about the "celestial bodies sympathizing" with the querent. If the celestial bodies did sympathize with people in these matters, then I imagine people wouldn't be afraid to speak up?

I mean when you don't even know why I asked this question. Projection maybe?

If you had any stake in the claim of a "they" situation, there really wouldn't be a "they" question.

I actually asked 3rd party questions, back when I was very new to horary. They went nowhere but south, and the chart showed that the question could not be answered. When I was lucky enough to stumble upon that thread on ethics, it saved me from a lot of heartache, and from an unhealthy situation.

I wanted to help people in that regard so I wasn't put off by your tone. If you read the thread I linked, you would know that 3rd party questions can potentially get out of hand, which is why I posted that thread to try and warn people, and keep them out of trouble. If you had reasoning for wanting to know this info that was compelling/capable of being sympathized with, I imagine that you would not have gotten offended by my post and would have made a point to justify your curiosity. Even then, the same answer would remain, which is that you cannot get answers from these charts.