Bad Omen in Natal Chart

briiinico

I just started getting into astrology. I don't know much about it, but something I saw has me extremely worried and I need advice from people who know what they're talking about. I went to alwaysastrology.com to look up my children's birth charts. I understand that when they say "a tradgedy may occur" or whatever, it doesn't mean it will 100% come into fruition.. my chart and my son predicts something happening to us and it worries me.. but one thing that really concerned me was looking up my daughter's chart, and it said this (her ascendant being gemini):

Interpretation of the 16° Gemini symbolic degree

"A man stretches his arms, which have no hands, towards a table dressed with beautiful fruits and nice books. At his feet, is a broken pitcher with its wasted water."

This degree is a bad omen. One becomes a burden for one's family, following an accident caused by someone else's carelessness, for instance a hit-and-run drunken driver, or violent external events such as a war injury or a bomb attack. As always, the natal chart must be analysed.

It doesn't really say if or maybe.. it just said it is a bad omen and I am worried sick. Can someone please help me understand this? Is there anything I can possibly do to prevent this, like as far as focusing my energy towards her or anything like that? Sorry if i sound ignorant, I'm really new to this.

tsmall

Premium Member
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you were looking at one of the many symbols that have been created for each degree of the zodiac. Before you start to get worried, there are a few things to consider. First, there are several sets of degree symbols, and they may not agree with each other.

From a chart reading perspective, it can be just as conflicting. For instance, how exact is the birthtime? Because being off by just four minutes can change the degree of the ASC. There is more than one zodiac, and the one you choose to use will also change the ASC degree and sign. Going with what most western astrologers use (the tropical zodiac) there are no horrible degrees (azimene) in Gemini that I have on any list...so again I wouldn't start to worry. Since the ASC is in Gemini, I would be more concerned with looking at Mercury, the ruler of Gemini, and seeing what he is doing.

Starting out learning, it is very easy to read something that sounds like a "bad omen" and try to look for ways to fix it, without really digging into the basics. If you wanted to post the charts, I am sure members would be willing to help you read it.

I just started getting into astrology. I don't know much about it, but something I saw has me extremely worried and I need advice from people who know what they're talking about. I went to alwaysastrology.com to look up my children's birth charts. I understand that when they say "a tradgedy may occur" or whatever, it doesn't mean it will 100% come into fruition.. my chart and my son predicts something happening to us and it worries me.. but one thing that really concerned me was looking up my daughter's chart, and it said this (her ascendant being gemini):

"A man stretches his arms, which have no hands, towards a table dressed with beautiful fruits and nice books. At his feet, is a broken pitcher with its wasted water."

This degree is a bad omen. One becomes a burden for one's family, following an accident caused by someone else's carelessness, for instance a hit-and-run drunken driver, or violent external events such as a war injury or a bomb attack. As always, the natal chart must be analysed.

It doesn't really say if or maybe.. it just said it is a bad omen and I am worried sick. Can someone please help me understand this? Is there anything I can possibly do to prevent this, like as far as focusing my energy towards her or anything like that? Sorry if i sound ignorant, I'm really new to this.

Judy_AzVirgo

You need to look at some other interpretations of Gemini 16 --- and of planets in your daughter's chart that might offset this weird reading -- before you stress out over it.

The Sabian symbol for 17 Gemini (you read one degree ahead with the Sabians) is: "The head of a robust youth changes into that of a mature thinker." Looks a whole lot better to me!

There are other ways to interpret degrees. One is by decan/duad. 16 Gemini would be in the Aquarius decan and Sagittarius duad, modern style. A nice combination of Air sign qualities.

Anachiel

I just started getting into astrology. I don't know much about it...

Right. So, you really don't have enough information to get worried. On the same route, why not find something more positive and focus on that till you are more proficient.

tsmall and Judy AzVirgo both have some sound advice and guidence and Judy correctly corrected the degree you were looking at.

No need to go all Chicken-Little" and think the sky is falling at this point in your journey. Astrology is not meant to be a study to drive one to worry or concern. It is a journey of discovery.

As one great astrologer in history, William Lilly, said:

"Mix reason with Art"

briiinico

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate your input and expertise :) I'm really looking forward to learning as much as I can on this topic, it's amazing.

Judy_AzVirgo

Good words from Anachiel. You'll surely discover all sorts of eye-opening things about yourself and about your children through the study of astrology. Have a good journey!

Moog

Yep DMY. I personally didn't find much value in Sabian symbols. You're going to have to do a lot of research before you can get worried with confidence :wink:

keils2020

I have this placement in my zodiac sign and my father died to a hit and run drunken driver . But everyone’s natal charts are different.

piercethevale

You need to look at some other interpretations of Gemini 16 --- and of planets in your daughter's chart that might offset this weird reading -- before you stress out over it.

The Sabian symbol for 17 Gemini (you read one degree ahead with the Sabians) is: "The head of a robust youth changes into that of a mature thinker." Looks a whole lot better to me!

There are other ways to interpret degrees. One is by decan/duad. 16 Gemini would be in the Aquarius decan and Sagittarius duad, modern style. A nice combination of Air sign qualities.

Judy gives the RIGHT direction here. She has quoted from Marc Edmond Jones set of the degree symbols, which are the only ones that are accurate in their descriptions, and I cannot stress enough to use the interpretations provided by Dane Rudhyar. You'll find those descriptions in Dane's book, "An Astrological Mandala".
Be sure that the Asc. is actually in the 16th degree. If the Asc. is in 15* and any amount of minutes, and or seconds, then you are correct that the Asc. is in the 16th degree. If the Asc. is in 16* and any amount of minutes and, or, seconds, then it is in the 17th degree. There is no 0* of any Sign.

My natal Mercury just so happens to be in the 16th degree of Gemini and I know the degree quite well and will confirm that the description provide by Judy is "spot on".

For it to be in placement on someones' Asc. is an indication of someone that is quite the thinker [and to be the placement of ones' natal Mercury, it indicates that someone IS QUITE the thinker, that is to say that their mental processes are given quite the energetic boost. For an Asc. I would surmise that your child has an inherent want, or need, to question everything...she's likely very inquisitive, one of the types of children that always asks "Why", "How come...", etc.
The difference between having the degree as for ones Mercury is that one is driven to understand "Why", or "How come", as opposed to someone that just wants an answer forthcoming.

Of course, in regards to a Mercury placement it is essential that Mercury is well placed, and well aspected or at least not detrimentally aspected in way that inhibits, or is obstructive to, thinking clearly.

If the Asc. is not adversely aspected the childs' inquisitiveness shouldn't be a problem. If the Asc. is adversely aspected, or is conjunct the Sun [which would fuel that inquisitive nature to such a exponential degree that you might find it to be near maddening?] the inquisitive nature could be irritating, problematic or, in rare and extreme cases, even destructive.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I have this placement in my zodiac sign and my father died to a hit and run drunken driver . But everyone’s natal charts are different.

There is nothing that God placed in the Heavens that is astrologically malevolent to mankind. Adversity is caused by Karma, although death comes at the appointed time which is decided by God.
I hope that your father didn't suffer and that death came quick for him as suffering from such I have to surmise to have been karmic due. ..where as a quick and swift death would indicate it was his appointed time.