Pluto in our lives

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi-

<...>I often wonder if that's the lesson itself, to surrender and release so the transformation can just take place instead of fighting against the change? But the familiar always seems to be where security lies, and I think that's why its so hard sometimes to make the needed changes we know deep inside we need to make.

Hi,

I have to really agree with this. I think the key word may be to submit. Not easy at all when we have to lose all that does not serve us our greater good well before there is anything to replace it.

stainedBlue

Hi,

I have to really agree with this. I think the key word may be to submit. Not easy at all when we have to lose all that does not serve us our greater good well before there is anything to replace it.

I would also say 'surrender' is the best word for describing the influence of Pluto. In my case, I happen to have a stellium in the early degrees of Capricorn that includes my natal Sun. Pluto started having its way with that cluster starting January 2010, and it's still burning away whatever I thought was me. Even more exciting is that Uranus is hitting the situation with a square at the same time nowadays. The particular cluster is Sun-Neptune-Mercury that are within orb, though a couple other planets instill their energies by conjunctions as well.

What I've learned is that there isn't a fight to be won; Pluto always does what it's there to do whether you like it or not, it's just a matter of how much of you needs to be burned away, and that's determined by how long you resist it. The deepest depths are called forth by Pluto to be incinerated, either for complete removal or a glorious rebirth. Either way, only the parts that need transformation will resist, and they'll resist until they're gone or reborn through the slow burn.

Personally, I've had my self-expression put through the flames, and Pluto is coming back for it's 5th (yes, 5 times) run-in with my natal Sun, though this last time won't make a fully exact conjunction (at one degree away from it). All I can say about the experience is that it's been a hell I'm grateful for, and I'll be even more grateful when it gets far away from my Sun. Concerning Neptune and Mercury, I've lost all belief, regained some beliefs, lost beliefs again, and nowadays I seem to have a pretty simple yet elegant outlook. The two times it was exact on my Mercury, I thought I was going insane. My entire thought process was destroyed. I can actually say I don't think the way I used to, and process things in a much more efficient way now. I know there's still more work to be done though, and Pluto still has to go direct again, so I'm hopeful.

Interestingly, it was when Pluto was within orb of my Mercury the first time that I started seriously studying astrology, and when it was on my Merc I started studying depth psychology more seriously. I'm curious to see what comes of the next pass.

To conclude, surrender is the point, and whatever part of you is fighting Pluto is the part that requires some much-needed purification in the flames. It helps knowing what's going on, though!

Last edited:
I would also say 'surrender' is the best word for describing the influence of Pluto. In my case, I happen to have a stellium in the early degrees of Capricorn that includes my natal Sun. Pluto started having its way with that cluster starting January 2010, and it's still burning away whatever I thought was me. Even more exciting is that Uranus is hitting the situation with a square at the same time nowadays. The particular cluster is Sun-Neptune-Mercury that are within orb, though a couple other planets instill their energies by conjunctions as well.

What I've learned is that there isn't a fight to be won; Pluto always does what it's there to do whether you like it or not, it's just a matter of how much of you needs to be burned away, and that's determined by how long you resist it. The deepest depths are called forth by Pluto to be incinerated, either for complete removal or a glorious rebirth. Either way, only the parts that need transformation will resist, and they'll resist until they're gone or reborn through the slow burn.

Personally, I've had my self-expression put through the flames, and Pluto is coming back for it's 5th (yes, 5 times) run-in with my natal Sun, though this last time won't make a fully exact conjunction (less than half a degree away from it). All I can say about the experience is that it's been a hell I'm grateful for, and I'll be even more grateful when it gets far away from my Sun. Concerning Neptune and Mercury, I've lost all belief, regained some beliefs, lost beliefs again, and nowadays I seem to have a pretty simple yet elegant outlook. The two times it was exact on my Mercury, I thought I was going insane. My entire thought process was destroyed. I can actually say I don't think the way I used to, and process things in a much more efficient way now. I know there's still more work to be done though, and Pluto still has to go direct again, so I'm hopeful.

Interestingly, it was when Pluto was within orb of my Mercury the first time that I started seriously studying astrology, and when it was on my Merc I started studying depth psychology more seriously. I'm curious to see what comes of the next pass.

To conclude, surrender is the point, and whatever part of you is fighting Pluto is the part that requires some much-needed purification in the flames. It helps knowing what's going on, though!
Hi There,

I am so amazed at what you said, "Interestingly, it was when Pluto was within orb of my Mercury the first time that I started seriously studying astrology, and when it was on my Merc I started studying depth psychology more seriously. I'm curious to see what comes of the next pass."

I just looked up when I began studying astrology / psychology in extreme & deep depth and Transiting Pluto was exactly conjunct my natal Mercury in Sagittarius a little over 5 years ago. I just learned something new!! I LOVE, LOVE observation / correlation! Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

IleneK

Premium Member

Personally, I've had my self-expression put through the flames, and Pluto is coming back for it's 5th (yes, 5 times) run-in with my natal Sun, though this last time won't make a fully exact conjunction (at one degree away from it). All I can say about the experience is that it's been a hell I'm grateful for, and I'll be even more grateful when it gets far away from my Sun. Concerning Neptune and Mercury, I've lost all belief, regained some beliefs, lost beliefs again, and nowadays I seem to have a pretty simple yet elegant outlook. The two times it was exact on my Mercury, I thought I was going insane. My entire thought process was destroyed. I can actually say I don't think the way I used to, and process things in a much more efficient way now. I know there's still more work to be done though, and Pluto still has to go direct again, so I'm hopeful.

I came from depth psychology to astrology and I, too, am impressed by the power of Pluto to purify and transform my belief system into the most spare and, as you say, elegant way. And I must say, it suits me just fine, really fits the true me. It was not an easy or pleasant transformation, but certainly one that has allowed me to feel a genuine part of the mysterious cosmos for the first time in my life.

I, too, am experiencing transits from Uranus and from Pluto to Sun-Moon-Venus-Chiron. While it has been and continues to be highly challenging, I am finding that my willing submission to their processes is yielding a freedom in this life that I never thought possible.

Last edited:

Saturnian

I have some old threads where I ask about transitions in the future and people have told me that now with Pluto in Capricorn it's gonna play a kind of major role(now) since it'll conjunct many of my planets and pass through my ascendant I think.I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start feeling it changing my life or that will come later.

As for my natal chart my Pluto is in the Mid-heaven.Generally most of my planets are focused on the 1st house and then the Mid-heaven.

lazarusx

Pluto is currently transiting my 8th house conjunct Neptune and Saturn and in opposition to my Sun.

This is beyond intense, perhaps beyond what I can handle. I'm been shown my shadow through others and through my behavior, I've come to realize I've used drugs and sex to mask my extremely low self esteem.. and now that there's no more shadows to hide in I'm forced to truly face myself for the first time in my life.

It feels like clearing away enormous amounts of karma to the point of exhaustion, I wish I knew how to surrender to the process but there's a part of me that continued to resist the truth, to hold onto the illusion that I have control.. which is slipping from my grip more and more as time pass's on..

Pluto is no stranger to me either, it's in Scorpio and is squared to Mars and Venus, Trine my Sun, Chiron and Midheaven and sextile Neptune and Saturn. But this transit is immense, the very foundation of my being is falling away into an endless void... and I'm holding on with the skin of my teeth making it evermore enduring.. to the point where I had fell into martyrdom for a time..

Transient Star

Pluto in scorpio in the 9th house, the apex of my t-square, as well as sextile to Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune, and it rocks!

Its like every day I say to myself "OHHH, so THATS how the universe/my mind works."

mahie

yes, pluto is transiting my twelfth right now, conjunct uranus & neptune in capricorn. Not that im complaining. It may actually give amazing insights in that aspect. Pluto is powerful wherever it is, like it cant be weak in anyone's chart i feel.

What im worried about now is when its gonna hit my first in a few years. And i just learned i was born 10 minutes earlier which means pluto hittin my ascendant 2 YEARS EARLY (ohwell). And not jus that, its gonna conjuct my ascendant AND saturn, with (transiting) SATURN itself! like both saturn (return) & pluto conjunct at the same time. Well my life has been tough, but nothing i cannot handle. Im afraid about this happening though (why the hell did i check now?!) anyways pluto is natally in my 10th opposite sun/mercury, trine jupiter/mars and sextile moon, uranus & neptune. crying on my fate!

Blackempress

anyways pluto is natally in my 10th opposite sun/mercury, trine jupiter/mars and sextile moon, uranus & neptune. crying on my fate!

That's alot of Pluto probably making you very intense & probing. I would think hitting the Asc would be powerful for you likely in a good way.

Pluto is currently transiting my 8th house conjunct Neptune and Saturn and in opposition to my Sun.

This is beyond intense, perhaps beyond what I can handle. I'm been shown my shadow through others and through my behavior, I've come to realize I've used drugs and sex to mask my extremely low self esteem.. and now that there's no more shadows to hide in I'm forced to truly face myself for the first time in my life.

You're handling it Just fine. Hold on & enjoy the ride.

Pluto in scorpio in the 9th house, the apex of my t-square, as well as sextile to Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune, and it rocks!

Its like every day I say to myself "OHHH, so THATS how the universe/my mind works."

Sounds good to me.

Multiplicity

I've got pluto nestled atop my chart in house ten conjunct the moon and MC, all in scorpio. . He's square my first house venus in aquarius and opposite my mars in taurus...i think that's a T-square but haven't gotten confirmation on that yet. Pluto also trines my mercury and makes minor aspects to all other planets but Saturn. Needless to say i feel more plutonian than pisces most of the time. My public image and career path has seen me reach a lot of peaks and delve into valleys all dotted with scorpion symbolism: in high school I gained all sorts of popularity my final year, seemingly out of nowhere, I got too cocky and was kicked out for drinking...the next few years saw me exploring the underworld mostly until I found a deeper connection to nature, and a girl, so I moved to the ocean then mountains. I literally stayed on a peak in a mountain chateau through my job as a groundskeeper (mars exerting his influence). I defined myself and my success to my commitment in that relationship (venus in the first shining through) that later found my partner with a stranger two weeks before our wedding. After some soul searching and traveling...hiding away...I climbed back out of the shadows and again seemingly out of nowhere reached a high level position at an even higher stress job - a therapeutic boarding school for boys with learning disabilities and behavioral issues. I worked there until the stress broke me and my mind could no longer out-wit my emotions and I had a series of breakdowns.Now, here I sit, in school (studying writing to translate those experiences and for release through art - hello again Venus), working with the land again as a groundskeeper (a channel for my martian taurus energy), in a new relationship (with a taurus who I hope to build a fourth house with) and in therapy - awaiting saturn's transit...

Multiplicity

This is beyond intense, perhaps beyond what I can handle.

Right there with you Lazarusx...Pluto is staring my neptune in the face as well, in the depths of the 12th house...The mantra I used that I picked up from a scorpio native...This too shall pass...is the only consistent thing getting me through. I don't know it to be true but the faith that it will come true has been enough thus far...

Blackempress

I've got pluto nestled atop my chart in house ten conjunct the moon and MC, all in scorpio. . He's square my first house venus in aquarius and opposite my mars in taurus...i think that's a T-square but haven't gotten confirmation on that yet. Pluto also trines my mercury and makes minor aspects to all other planets but Saturn. Needless to say i feel more plutonian than pisces most of the time. My public image and career path has seen me reach a lot of peaks and delve into valleys all dotted with scorpion symbolism: in high school I gained all sorts of popularity my final year, seemingly out of nowhere, I got too cocky and was kicked out for drinking...the next few years saw me exploring the underworld mostly until I found a deeper connection to nature, and a girl, so I moved to the ocean then mountains. I literally stayed on a peak in a mountain chateau through my job as a groundskeeper (mars exerting his influence). I defined myself and my success to my commitment in that relationship (venus in the first shining through) that later found my partner with a stranger two weeks before our wedding. After some soul searching and traveling...hiding away...I climbed back out of the shadows and again seemingly out of nowhere reached a high level position at an even higher stress job - a therapeutic boarding school for boys with learning disabilities and behavioral issues. I worked there until the stress broke me and my mind could no longer out-wit my emotions and I had a series of breakdowns.Now, here I sit, in school (studying writing to translate those experiences and for release through art - hello again Venus), working with the land again as a groundskeeper (a channel for my martian taurus energy), in a new relationship (with a taurus who I hope to build a fourth house with) and in therapy - awaiting saturn's transit...

This is rather different. Perhaps the Pluto-venus square might be creating the issues.
Hope the time eases on you buddy. We're all struggling with this big-guy.

greybeard

Cassius:
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings." -- Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)

Our horoscope brings with it a destiny. The destiny, in its major lineaments, is inescapable. But what we do with that destiny, within ourselves, is the riddle.

Life is wholly subjective. Where else but in one's mind is all of life experienced, lived? Nowhere else. Therefore, victory or defeat in life is also determined in the mind. And in the end it is not victory or defeat that matters, but how we conduct ourselves in battle.

In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says to Arjuna, the warrior, who has thrown down his arms and refuses to fight:
"Whence this lifeless dejection, Arjuna, in this hour, the hour of trial? Strong men know not despair, Arjuna, for this wins neither heaven nor earth. Fall not into degrading weakness, for this becomes not a man who is a man. Throw off this ignoble discouragement and arise like a fire that burns all before it."

Last edited:

Hekate

Some of you wrote that Pluto destroyes what is not useful and replace it with something ''better''. I think that is not completely correct. This must be much more an issue of Saturn.

I always imagyne Pluto as a planet which forces us not to be ''too involved'' with people and others things. It is a planet of death, in fact. The planet that destroyes the bonds. Because of this it can be very dolorous.

I have Pluto in Ist house, square natal Sun and Jupiter, sexstile Mercury and semisexstile the Moon and Mars and semisquare my Saturn and Venus (which rules my ascendant in Libra).

At first I thought that my ascendant was in Virgo, than I found out my true natal hour. Before it, my Pluto was in 2nd house, but I couldn't understand why I feel Pluto so much stronger. I thought it was only because of the Sun square Pluto, but when I found out Pluto was in Ist, everything was so clear. :lol:

greybeard

One of the essential powers of Pluto is the extirpation of what is no longer useful and its replacement with what is.

Some of the things that are ruled by Pluto:

Supernovae, in which a star implodes on itself and is destroyed, and in the destruction creates new elements which lead to the creation of new stars and life itself.

The union of sperm with ovum, in which both lose their lives only to create a new one.

Volcanic eruptions, in which deep and hidden contents are violently brought to the surface where they create new landscapes.

The return of the past to haunt you. What had been hidden, perhaps forgotten, comes to light and must be dealt with.

Both Saturn and Pluto are planets of death. They have much in common. Both leave residues of their actions that are deep and permanent. Both isolate. Both operate in darkness. Both cause painful affairs in life. And both lead to a higher consciousness if their challenges are met.

theV

4th House

( sun venus contra parallel pluto although not sure about it and sun venus conj square moon jupiter conj )

and generation aspect like saturn trine pluto and sextile uranus and neptune conjunction

Last edited:

theV

I won't lie I hate pluto and I don't like it I don't understand why people want to have most of planets aspecting pluto? they clearly don't understand pluto. Pluto is no rose colored glasses like Neptune it reality slap in your face it better get tough up or die. Plutonian people get humiliated insulted and abused they are traumatized

Last edited:

Hekate

One of the essential powers of Pluto is the extirpation of what is no longer useful and its replacement with what is.

Some of the things that are ruled by Pluto:

Supernovae, in which a star implodes on itself and is destroyed, and in the destruction creates new elements which lead to the creation of new stars and life itself.

The union of sperm with ovum, in which both lose their lives only to create a new one.

Volcanic eruptions, in which deep and hidden contents are violently brought to the surface where they create new landscapes.

The return of the past to haunt you. What had been hidden, perhaps forgotten, comes to light and must be dealt with.

Both Saturn and Pluto are planets of death. They have much in common. Both leave residues of their actions that are deep and permanent. Both isolate. Both operate in darkness. Both cause painful affairs in life. And both lead to a higher consciousness if their challenges are met.
Yes, there are some of the similarites with Saturn and Pluto, but they are not the same. They are two very different planets (as all planets are).

Pluto is very emotional, passionate. Saturn is much more rational.

I don't agree that Pluto acts like Saturn with destroying something unusful to replace it with something useful. I really think this is a rational way of Saturn behaving. Pluto just bring changes in ourselves, we can loose ourselves with its action.
Pluto just destroyes or better changes us in our deep, emotionally. It is the planet of death, because something of us dies and it does not mean that we will become ''better''.
To explain in few words: Saturn brings us to higher level of counscoiusness (Xth house), Pluto can bring us very ''low'', instead, till self or other destruction (8th house). With Pluto we can become aware of the word ''nothing'', while Saturn is ambitious and strong Ego. Saturn never puts Ego in ''difficulty''.

theV

Saturn and Pluto are totally different Pluto is irrational and passion while Saturn is cold and rational. Saturn rules skyscraper so the saturnian rise from the ground like skyscraper and Plutonian rise from the ground as phoenix. Saturn is not as intense as pluto. Pluto is more powerful than saturn