Aunt on Facebook

wan

That such things are part of one's thought process is sad in itself and reflects one's education level, the value systems one was brought up with, not to mention how lacking in self-control and decorum one is.

That one does not even have the good sense to not voice certain very insensitive opinions on a public forum full well knowing that there would be people of the race one shamelessly calls "ugly" shows how immature and emotionally unintelligent the mind is.

If everything just came down to "saying what's on my mind" then I could say a couple of shamelessly insensitive things to you right away. Do you understand that forum rules are there for exactly that reason - to keep in check individuals that have very little self control and tact when it comes to "saying things on their mind"?

Do you realise how you have attacked an entire community by calling them "ugly" and reducing that to merely "I am saying what's on my mind". You do not need to reveal so bluntly all the "ugly" things on your mind. You have clearly broken the forum rules there, not to mention how that very unpleasant statement of yours would be so hurtful to any black person on this forum. I am not black and I found it appalling and highly insensitive.

Look, when I said what I said, I was not being gratuitously mean. Rather, I was touching upon a principle, namely, that people treat other people differently based on the way they look. One example: one hot girl and her homely friend go to a club. The hot girl will always get more drinks, more attention from men, more numbers..etc than her friend. Or, imagine the typical cute looks of babies compared to adults, who are less cute. And this is because babies need to be cared for in order to survive, so they have evolved to look cuter so as to "trick" people into wanting to care for them. My point is, looks are a very important factor in human interaction. And when you apply this principle to race, it's not "racist" to treat a particular race in a particular way. It's just people acting out their nature. And I am sorry to hear that you find that offensive. It really is not meant to be offensive. Furthermore, it's not my fault, nor white people's fault, that black folks look the way that they do.

Last edited:

wan

True, and there are indeed white people who consider black people to be good-looking. But my experiences tell me that this is not common. As a rule, most white people prefer other white people. This has been born out by a lot of online dating platforms.

david starling

True, and there are indeed white people who consider black people to be good-looking. But my experiences tell me that this is not common. As a rule, most white people prefer other white people. This has been born out by a lot of online dating platforms.

Anyone with a good income is automatically "better looking" for that reason alone.

wan

Anyone with a good income is automatically "better looking" for that reason alone.

Not really. Looks and money are two completely separate things. I don't know about other women but when I go look for a man, I only care about his character, looks, charm, and that he makes an honest living. He does not need to be rich for me to fall in love with him.

david starling

Not really. Looks and money are two completely separate things. I don't know about other women but when I go look for a man, I only care about his character, looks, charm, and that he makes an honest living. He does not need to be rich for me to fall in love with him.

Agreed. In quotes, "better looking" was meant to mean how he looks as a prospective dating partner.

Checklist for Dating:

•Character (assuming he's not hiding any character flaws)
•Overall Appearance
•Personality Appeal
•Good Work Ethics
•Reasonably good, reliable income
•Astrological Synastry

So, are these equal in importance, or are some weighted more heavily than others?

wan

Agreed. In quotes, "better looking" was meant to mean how he looks as a prospective dating partner.

Checklist for Dating:

•Character (assuming he's not hiding any character flaws)
•Overall Appearance
•Personality Appeal
•Good Work Ethics
•Reasonably good, reliable income
•Astrological Synastry

So, are these equal in importance, or are some weighted more heavily than others?

The latter. But anyway I dont see how this is relevant to the topic of this thread. I mean, how did we go from BLM and racism to what I find attractive in a mate? Lol.

david starling

The latter. But anyway I dont see how this is relevant to the topic of this thread. I mean, how did we go from BLM and racism to what I find attractive in a mate? Lol.

It was because you automatically eliminated ALL African-American men as being even possibly highly-enough rated in the "Overall Appearance" category.

wan

It was because you automatically eliminated ALL African-American men as being even possibly highly-enough rated in the "Overall Appearance" category.

I wouldn't say "all". It is theoretically possible for me to find a few black men that I would call attractive. But it hasn't happened so far. And even if I do, it still does not change the overall perception I have about the lack of attractiveness of black people.

aquarius7000

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

However, this is not about merely "Beauty". This is not a thread about - which sign is more beautiful.

This thread's main topic is racism, even if Aunt is the example used here.

To go and call an entire community "ugly" is a perfect example of racism. Full stop. There are no two ways about it.

wan

However, this is not about merely "Beauty". This is not a thread about - which sign is more beautiful.

This thread's main topic is racism, even if Aunt is the example used here.

To go and call an entire community "ugly" is a perfect example of racism. Full stop. There are no two ways about it.

No it's not. Racism is about attributing character traits to skin colours/races. This is not what I am doing.

david starling

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. No accounting for taste.
However, hurting people's feelings regarding how you view them through no fault of their own, or approving of their being denied their civil rights due to what you feel about them, is true racism.

wan

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. No accounting for taste.
However, hurting people's feelings regarding how you view them through no fault of their own, or approving of their being denied their civil rights due to what you feel about them, is true racism.

I am not denying black people of their civil rights.

aquarius7000

No it's not. Racism is about attributing character traits to skin colours/races. This is not what I am doing.

Since you are writing on this forum, educate yourself on the forum rules and definition of racism on this forum.

And, then there is no question of what lies in the eyes of the beholder.

wan

Since you are writing on this forum, educate yourself on the forum rules and definition of racism on this forum.

And, then there is no question of what lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Ok, so educate me. What is the definition of racism that this forum uses?

Also, it seems to me that you can't win the argument against me so you are invoking the forum rules to shut me up/to ban me.

Dirius

Actually wan brings up an interesting point.

She doesn't feel sexual attraction towards black people. Is that wrong? She is not saying she hates black people. She is not saying she wouldn't be friends with a black person. She is not thinking less of them, or wishing them harm.

She is just not attracted to them.

Now lets change the word "black", with another word, like "fat" or the word "ugly" or "women", etc.

Is it discriminatory is she said she didn't feel attraction for fat people? or ugly people? or didn't feel attraction for women? - or any other distinctive trait like short, tall, etc.

For example I'm not attracted to really tall women who are much taller than I am. Does that make me a bad person?

Last edited:

wan

Actually wan brings up an interesting point.

She doesn't feel sexual attraction towards black people. Is that wrong? She is not saying she hates black people. She is not saying she wouldn't be friends with a black person. She is not thinking less of them, or wishing them harm.

She is just not attracted to them.

Now lets change the word "black", with another word, like "fat" or the word "ugly" or "women", etc.

Is it discriminatory is she said she didn't feel attraction for fat people? or ugly peope? or for women? - or any other distinctive trait like short, tall, etc.

For example I'm not attracted to really tall women who are much taller than I am. Does that make me a bad person?
This is the third post from you that I am in total agreement with, Dirius.

david starling

I am not denying black people of their civil rights.

Good. You're also not ascribing character-traits according to race. And, you've said that theoretically, there could be exceptions to your rejection of African-American men in the looks category.

Any other races you find generally unattractive based solely on physical characteristics?

wan

Good. You're also not ascribing character-traits according to race. And, you've said that theoretically, there could be exceptions to your rejection of African-American men in the looks category.

Any other races you find generally unattractive based solely on physical characteristics?

Hmm...I guess almost every non-white race. As a rule, I am only attracted to white men. Preferably blond but almost any good looking ones will do it for me.

Note: this does not mean if a man is white, I will automatically be attracted to him. He has to be young, tall, and good-looking.

david starling

Dirius brought up a good point: Do you have any African-American friends, or colleagues you get along well with? If so, I'd say it's just a matter of personal aesthetics, rather than what's usually called "racism".