Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 04-26-2020, 07:09 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I would do well to cultivate this trait.
Maybe. It's one part of an entire mentality which you might not necessarily care to adopt.

When I was a child I used to always say "I don't know" when certain adults would ask me questions. I much prefer to seem daft than waste time explaining myself to unreceptive parties. I've been practicing economy of speech for my whole life.

There's certain posters on here who I admire for their ability to pleasingly condense what they say into few sentences.

I've also been accused of being a spy/undercover agent/fed both on and offline. I think being circumspect, observant and a questioner contributes to it. It's harmless when it's co-workers and friends joking around (or being accused of being CIA by Rahu), but becomes a different ballgame when folks who have a reason to distrust the feds think you're a part of a sting operation that is targeting them.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 04-26-2020, 12:55 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Mercury in Sagittarius. 12th house, conjunct Sun and Pluto with a wide square from Saturn in the 3rd.

I have a talent for seeming like a straight shooter when it suits me. Often silent and watchful. Mind is tenacious and energetic. I like to simplify and distill what I say without losing my point, especially in real life conversation. Usually it's only after a long period that people have any idea what's on my mind, and I'm cognizant of what it is that I "let loose". Naturally, with Pluto and Saturn involved you can understand a manifestation of "controlled speech".
Interesting ct. I find myself like this which could be a number of factors one being merc in sag 3rd house which people would think Iím very chatty. However with an intercepted 3rd house Iím more of a chatter when I want to be and then quiet and observant when I need to be. Pick and choose.

I can see Pluto and Saturn being very controlled, moody and serious with speech. Keep people on their toes! And possibly on edge!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 04-26-2020, 12:55 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Haha its this one
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=109748

Fun times it was on here back in the day
Itís fun lol........
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 04-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaCla View Post
I agree with what Wan said. My mercury is also in Leo. Iím very talkative, have nice sense od humor, quick replies...I often lead a conversation and I can talk about various themes. People usually tend to listen to me and I am very expressive and considered intersting for most of times. Iím also very open with everyone which is sometimes not great. When I first talk to people or they donít know me well they usually guess that Iím a fire sign and are left in shock when they find out Iím a cancer. However, as you said there are some times, rearly but there surely are, when Iím quiet, reserved and when all of above seems to wanish. Itís durring times or in situations where I for some reason donít feel comfortable, either because od many people I donít know, lack of any common themes, or there is specific person that I donít vibe with or makes me anxious either for concrete reason or just some bad energy. This is probably due to cancer sun and pisces rising... or even virgo moon. Still new to astrology so Ií canít claim or say for sure anything about other aspects for now.
Do you find your communication Ďanimatedí in some way. In a good way! Like wan you must seek an audience for your communication
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 04-26-2020, 01:44 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Interesting ct. I find myself like this which could be a number of factors one being merc in sag 3rd house which people would think Iím very chatty. However with an intercepted 3rd house Iím more of a chatter when I want to be and then quiet and observant when I need to be. Pick and choose.

I can see Pluto and Saturn being very controlled, moody and serious with speech. Keep people on their toes! And possibly on edge!!!
With Saturn and Pluto in the 1st house, I don't doubt that there is more reserve to your personality that doesn't transfer so much on the forum.

Maybe the internet provides you with the needed distance so that your more amiable energies can come to the fore. From my interactions with you, I've noted a style that corresponds to your Sag Merc/Venus and Leo Moon - friendly, sociable and not wanting to be ignored. Less about wanting to beat people in "debate", more a desire to find common ground. Of course it's possible that a 3rd house medium would make 3rd house planets more obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 04-26-2020, 03:08 PM
ClaCla ClaCla is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Do you find your communication Ďanimatedí in some way. In a good way! Like wan you must seek an audience for your communication
This is interesting, never really observed it in that way but now when I think about is - yes! I rather post something funny in grop chat even if itís ment for only one or two persons there... I also talk a bit more when my friends and I are surrounded by other people, maybe even more if different gender people....somehow I alway think everyone is listening to me, or subconciously maybe I would want that...Never actually thought of it in this way before...I also have both mars and venus in gemmini. Most of the times I can really fit in various gruopss of people and talk about any theme with confidence even with little knowlege about it. But as I said in previous post. If I donít feel comfortable or feel rejected at first it all disapers, probbably due to my cancer and pisces sun and rising. So I would say communication style really is a mix of infulence but mercury plays a great role.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 04-26-2020, 04:09 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,225
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Maybe. It's one part of an entire mentality which you might not necessarily care to adopt.

When I was a child I used to always say "I don't know" when certain adults would ask me questions. I much prefer to seem daft than waste time explaining myself to unreceptive parties. I've been practicing economy of speech for my whole life.

There's certain posters on here who I admire for their ability to pleasingly condense what they say into few sentences.

I've also been accused of being a spy/undercover agent/fed both on and offline. I think being circumspect, observant and a questioner contributes to it. It's harmless when it's co-workers and friends joking around (or being accused of being CIA by Rahu), but becomes a different ballgame when folks who have a reason to distrust the feds think you're a part of a sting operation that is targeting them.
Very eloquently put, CT. I feel that every time I read one of your posts, I learn something.

You should feel flattered that some people suspect you to be a fed. One of the defining traits of a fed is a high level of intelligence. :P

Last edited by wan; 04-26-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 04-26-2020, 07:03 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
With Saturn and Pluto in the 1st house, I don't doubt that there is more reserve to your personality that doesn't transfer so much on the forum.

Maybe the internet provides you with the needed distance so that your more amiable energies can come to the fore. From my interactions with you, I've noted a style that corresponds to your Sag Merc/Venus and Leo Moon - friendly, sociable and not wanting to be ignored. Less about wanting to beat people in "debate", more a desire to find common ground. Of course it's possible that a 3rd house medium would make 3rd house planets more obvious.
Very accurate CT and thanks nice way you have put it 😊
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 04-26-2020, 07:06 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaCla View Post
This is interesting, never really observed it in that way but now when I think about is - yes! I rather post something funny in grop chat even if itís ment for only one or two persons there... I also talk a bit more when my friends and I are surrounded by other people, maybe even more if different gender people....somehow I alway think everyone is listening to me, or subconciously maybe I would want that...Never actually thought of it in this way before...I also have both mars and venus in gemmini. Most of the times I can really fit in various gruopss of people and talk about any theme with confidence even with little knowlege about it. But as I said in previous post. If I donít feel comfortable or feel rejected at first it all disapers, probbably due to my cancer and pisces sun and rising. So I would say communication style really is a mix of infulence but mercury plays a great role.
Mars and Venus in sign of communication is a big factor for you then! Having these two planets you have a good blend in comms and therefore mercury plays a big part in your life by the looks at it. Of course looking at your chart would show id this is defo the case but just looking at this shows some part of mercury playing a role in your life
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 04-26-2020, 08:06 PM
ClaCla ClaCla is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Mars and Venus in sign of communication is a big factor for you then! Having these two planets you have a good blend in comms and therefore mercury plays a big part in your life by the looks at it. Of course looking at your chart would show id this is defo the case but just looking at this shows some part of mercury playing a role in your life
Yes it does, esspecialy with the moon in virgo which is also ruled by mercury.
Haha thereís nothing to look at my chart but saddnes. Saddly, good communication skills donít give you luck on other fields :í) :/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 04-26-2020, 09:47 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaCla View Post
Yes it does, esspecialy with the moon in virgo which is also ruled by mercury.
Haha thereís nothing to look at my chart but saddnes. Saddly, good communication skills donít give you luck on other fields :í) :/
Whaaaat??? Who told u that???? In life you are given gifts. Some hidden some blatantly obvious. Nevertheless they are gifts!!! You canít tell me you donít have it and use it in other fields. Lemons and lemonade????
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 04-26-2020, 10:58 PM
ClaCla ClaCla is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Whaaaat??? Who told u that???? In life you are given gifts. Some hidden some blatantly obvious. Nevertheless they are gifts!!! You canít tell me you donít have it and use it in other fields. Lemons and lemonade????
Youíre right, many kind people on this site tried to point it out and cheer me up.
I guess I have to be more positive and concentrate on good things, but weíre not gonna talk about it now in here
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 04-26-2020, 11:09 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaCla View Post
Youíre right, many kind people on this site tried to point it out and cheer me up.
I guess I have to be more positive and concentrate on good things, but weíre not gonna talk about it now in here

U can do a thread with your chart or pm me or join discord
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 04-27-2020, 02:40 PM
multiple's Avatar
multiple multiple is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: terra
Posts: 382
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

mercury in cancer.
ascendant,sun,venus,mars,jupiter and saturn all ruled by mercury in me chart. lot's of mental energy!

mercury in cancer is intuitive, psychological, jugian. it makes major aspects to pluto, uranus, and minor ones to mars and saturn. I use a combination of intuition and logic, using the strengths of both where I can. when conversating I tend to have an approach of working with the other person going off cues and how the conversation evolves, and explain a lot through body language and convey ideas by understanding the person I am with. I like to listen and have other people talk about themselves and to understand their viewpoint.
__________________
♊♋♌♍
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 04-27-2020, 11:10 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiple View Post
mercury in cancer.
ascendant,sun,venus,mars,jupiter and saturn all ruled by mercury in me chart. lot's of mental energy!

mercury in cancer is intuitive, psychological, jugian. it makes major aspects to pluto, uranus, and minor ones to mars and saturn. I use a combination of intuition and logic, using the strengths of both where I can. when conversating I tend to have an approach of working with the other person going off cues and how the conversation evolves, and explain a lot through body language and convey ideas by understanding the person I am with. I like to listen and have other people talk about themselves and to understand their viewpoint.
Do you dig deep into someoneís emotions thru conversations? Asking a lot and. Seeing through the ********? In a good way of course 😇
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
multiple (04-28-2020)
  #41  
Unread 04-28-2020, 09:25 AM
multiple's Avatar
multiple multiple is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: terra
Posts: 382
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Do you dig deep into someoneís emotions thru conversations? Asking a lot and. Seeing through the ********? In a good way of course 😇
I think so in some ways, but I try to restrain telling them the things my mind has discovered. i've learned most people don't appreciate it ,it can be difficult with with virgo mars and a lot of gemini. with those aspects from mercury its a bit like I have xray vision I can't really turn it off. but I don't usually tell people they are naked unless they ask lol.
in terms of the no bs thing, its a bit of a delicate balance really, pluto aspects sort of does that, but then neptune in the 7th kind of increases the chances of gullibility. it's amazing that so many people in here have a no bs or call it as they see it approach and attribute it to something different in the chart. it's a very common thing isn't it?
__________________
♊♋♌♍
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 04-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiple View Post
I think so in some ways, but I try to restrain telling them the things my mind has discovered. i've learned most people don't appreciate it ,it can be difficult with with virgo mars and a lot of gemini. with those aspects from mercury its a bit like I have xray vision I can't really turn it off. but I don't usually tell people they are naked unless they ask lol.
in terms of the no bs thing, its a bit of a delicate balance really, pluto aspects sort of does that, but then neptune in the 7th kind of increases the chances of gullibility. it's amazing that so many people in here have a no bs or call it as they see it approach and attribute it to something different in the chart. it's a very common thing isn't it?
I enjoyed my mars in Virgo transits when they happened last year! It was a great feeling. It was September and nearly everything was in Virgo. It made my brain relax funnily enough, cleared it and made me go for it!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
multiple (04-28-2020)
  #43  
Unread 04-28-2020, 10:45 PM
multiple's Avatar
multiple multiple is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: terra
Posts: 382
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
I enjoyed my mars in Virgo transits when they happened last year! It was a great feeling. It was September and nearly everything was in Virgo. It made my brain relax funnily enough, cleared it and made me go for it!
cool! that's great to hear hkk. it's always nice to know that people experience calming effects from transits as some of us worry so much about them having the opposite effect.
__________________
♊♋♌♍
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 05-17-2020, 09:16 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Mercury is in my solar right now and this plays a big part for me this year!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 05-18-2020, 02:46 AM
my8thhouselife my8thhouselife is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Mercury in Sagittarius. 12th house, conjunct Sun and Pluto with a wide square from Saturn in the 3rd.

I have a talent for seeming like a straight shooter when it suits me. Often silent and watchful. Mind is tenacious and energetic. I like to simplify and distill what I say without losing my point, especially in real life conversation. Usually it's only after a long period that people have any idea what's on my mind, and I'm cognizant of what it is that I "let loose". Naturally, with Pluto and Saturn involved you can understand a manifestation of "controlled speech".

Sounds somewhat similar. Mercury in Scorpio in the 8th House conjunct Pluto and square my Aquarius moon in the 12th house. I canít stand small talk. Iíd rather say exactly how I feel or nothing at all. I am extremely observant. I can read peopleís thoughts. I understand the things that are left unsaid. I have communicated with entities that are non physical. I like to get to the bottom of things, of things I am interested in. Obviously, I am completely obsessed with astrology. I dive really deeply into things. I love talking to people about their Ďstuff.í
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 05-18-2020, 02:11 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by my8thhouselife View Post
Sounds somewhat similar. Mercury in Scorpio in the 8th House conjunct Pluto and square my Aquarius moon in the 12th house. I canít stand small talk. Iíd rather say exactly how I feel or nothing at all. I am extremely observant. I can read peopleís thoughts. I understand the things that are left unsaid. I have communicated with entities that are non physical. I like to get to the bottom of things, of things I am interested in. Obviously, I am completely obsessed with astrology. I dive really deeply into things. I love talking to people about their Ďstuff.í
Wow sounds very plutonic and scorpion. Inquisitive and investigative
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 05-19-2020, 12:12 AM
my8thhouselife my8thhouselife is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Wow sounds very plutonic and scorpion. Inquisitive and investigative
Yes. Forgot to mention also my Mercury is sextile Neptune and trine Chiron which I think enhances the psychic and intuitive nature of my communication . Also in 8th with my Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio are Venus and Sun in Libra which I do believe softens my intensity, if only by a tad : )
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 05-19-2020, 09:04 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by my8thhouselife View Post
Yes. Forgot to mention also my Mercury is sextile Neptune and trine Chiron which I think enhances the psychic and intuitive nature of my communication . Also in 8th with my Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio are Venus and Sun in Libra which I do believe softens my intensity, if only by a tad : )
Water and air - so much intuition too
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 05-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Mercury will retrograde soon so does the style change
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.