Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 02-25-2020, 04:26 PM

Re: How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

Personally, I've noticed nothing when mercury goes retrograde.

Possibly because I don't pay much attention to my communication troubles or because the communication problems are too minor for me to consider them obstacles.

Right now, Mercury is transiting my second house and I can't check the balance in my account right now because the app is being dumb. But then again, the app does this frequently even when mercury is direct, so... And I'm sure the app will start working again in like an hour or so.

Unread 02-25-2020, 04:34 PM

However, when I think about it... My internet won't connect to my video game console to play mkwii and it's freaking annoying! I got an adapter to try ethernet, I called the people at the tech place to activate my port and it took them forever for them to actually connect; I had to email them multiple times and even call them only for me to submit an application that took even more time; I spent all this money for an ethernet cord and adapter, and hooked up the cords after rearranging my room and STILL, there's always a communication error. The game literally says communication error when it fails to connect. Really dissapointing...

However, when mercury goes direct, I think the game will continue to not work because the school internet is not made to work with a third party server and an old game from 2008.

From this, I would say that Mercury retrograde signifies certain communications that are absolutely doomed for now and in the future, rather than mercury retrograde being a period of general incommunicado.
Unread 02-25-2020, 07:35 PM

My son has spent the last couple days rebuilding his computer only to turn it on and it wouldn't start. He was getting increasingly angry as his searching for the problems got him nowhere. Because Mars was aspecting Mercury/Sun I felt he would find the solution, which he did. The problem was the new water cooling radiator fan, it draws so much power it left little to start the computer. :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moondancing For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020), Osamenor (03-04-2020)
Unread 02-26-2020, 03:09 AM

technology be trash this month
Unread 02-26-2020, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Yeah, I can understand not wanting to share anything about your pets
On the other hand, it also looks like a lot of submerged shipwreck material is just emerging, or what you might call coming to a head, which is good because then it can be fixed, cleaned up, addressed.
Unread 03-03-2020, 11:39 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Personally, I've noticed nothing when mercury goes retrograde.
Nothing but suddenly returning to this forum after a four month hiatus.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 03-04-2020, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Nothing but suddenly returning to this forum after a four month hiatus.

well that's because astrology has convinced me of its power again
Unread 03-07-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
On the other hand, it also looks like a lot of submerged shipwreck material is just emerging, or what you might call coming to a head, which is good because then it can be fixed, cleaned up, addressed.
Nothing so internal has been going on in my life. One thing that is going against the grain is that this period has seen an increase in clarity in some of my relations , but it has taken major arguments to break the barrier.

A friend's phone was fixed, while another's started to go haywire. Also I randomly encountered a former college mate who is still attending school. It feels like ages since I've been there. A lecturer also contacted me during the period, which was a pleasant surprise. He seemed to have founded a business in the interim so I'm curious to here more from him about that.

Contrary to the trope, this has been a progressive period for me in all things Mercurial. And the transit occurs in a sign where the greater malefic sits.
Unread 03-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

You know how they say don't travel during Mercury retrograde?

This time around, LOTS of people are having their travel plans interfered with by coronavirus: getting it, or getting quarantined, or, more common, trips getting canceled because of coronavirus concerns. My parents had a road trip planned, they were leaving this weekend, but they just decided not to go. They're not sick, neither are the relatives they were going to visit, but everyone's worried that the situation will get worse.

It will probably outlast Mercury retrograde, but I note that the bulk of cancellations are happening right now.

I didn't have any travel planned right now, so it's not affecting me so much as the people around me, although I am starting to hear about events I might have gone to being canceled.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 03-07-2020, 11:09 PM
Account Closed

Iíve noticed lots of **** in the world but to be honest I notice this when mercury is direct. Itís just more transparent than usual when merc Ret
Unread 03-24-2020, 04:41 AM

This last station-direct was square to my sun-mercury. A number of times I had communication block from trying to communicate complex, sensitive issues with a bunch of unknowns. In certain situations, how you say something is just as important as what you have say. I just couldn't find the right strategic arrangement of words, so I evaded like a politician.

Tags
affect, mercury, retrograde